Partick Thistle

TexasAndy

Quite enjoyed a wee read of the "Thistle" thread on dotnut.

Many do feel sympathy for them, and Falkirk, but at the same time can't bring themselves to be explicit about it or without caveat. 

Stating unequivocally that Thistle were hard done by is impossible because it's recognition that Hearts were, too.

Quite funny to read the twisted, corkscrew logic some come up with to sympathise with them but not us.

Edited by martoon

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

Malinga the Swinga
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If Hearts had celebrated like that, there would have been outcry on here that it was over top, rest of league was shit, no reason to celebrate. 

We hit the right note and Doncaster had to sit and suffer while players gave scant regard to trophy. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If Hearts had celebrated like that, there would have been outcry on here that it was over top, rest of league was shit, no reason to celebrate. 

We hit the right note and Doncaster had to sit and suffer while players gave scant regard to trophy. 

Quite. 

Who actually presented the trophy to Hearts?

I know who it wasn't. 😂

Smoked-Glass
On 04/05/2021 at 18:15, Greedy Jambo said:

Doncaster banned from all stadium. 

I hope 

Greedy Jambo

Aye, I agree, the thistle celebration was over the top, but it's thistle... They maybe think the whole world is against them and who knows if they'll ever win anything ever again. 

Different situation from us. 

At least they've banned that big dongle. 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Who actually presented the trophy to Hearts?

I know who it wasn't. 😂

It was just lying there. 

NANOJAMBO
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why? I don't recall fans asking for the PTFC manager to be sacked or PTFC players in the media apologizing for abject performances or PTFC suffering their worst cup exit in over a century. 

There's no comparison between the two clubs' situation. 

harrywragg
On 03/05/2021 at 19:14, Hagar the Horrible said:

I will buy a harry rag a pint first time we play them. Well done telling Doncaster and rhe corrupt  cabal to do one. Shame on Budge letting that scumbag into our stadium. If there was fans there there would be trouble 

I’ll take you up on that! 👍🍻

Fozzyonthefence
37 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why? I don't recall fans asking for the PTFC manager to be sacked or PTFC players in the media apologizing for abject performances or PTFC suffering their worst cup exit in over a century. 

There's no comparison between the two clubs' situation. 

They were both voted down a league by their fellow clubs and playing in a league they felt they shouldn’t have been put in.  Must admit, I was a bit surprised that Patrick’s celebrations weren’t a bit more low key but fair dos to them for banning the SFA and SPFL.  

54 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

It was just lying there. 

You're joking!! That's absolutely fantastic.

132goals1958
13 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Tend to agree . Doncaster comes over as aloof and loves his place in the limelight. Guess he would have felt slightly uncomfortable being told to sit in the shade. Maybe in the confines of the dressing room there was a lusty rendition of “Donkey Donkey GTF” 

Hagar the Horrible
11 hours ago, harrywragg said:

I’ll take you up on that! 👍🍻

I will get in touch

On 04/05/2021 at 18:18, Sir Gio said:

Good for Partick but more than likely to come back and bite them on the arse

Aye, points deduction next season for their home strip being too bright.

• 2 weeks later...
AC Mallin_51

Really hope Patrick put their weight about next year and push to get back to the top flight. Great ground, great support, one of my favourite away days and one of the few “good guys” left in the spfl

The Treasurer
17 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The other 3% should be banned for life

You can't judge unless you know each individuals circumstances. Fair play to the 97% though 

I'd expect similar numbers from our support 

Das Viertel Hearts
2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Really hope Patrick put their weight about next year and push to get back to the top flight. Great ground, great support, one of my favourite away days and one of the few “good guys” left in the spfl

Indeed... great place - proper football minded knowledgeable support !!! Near West End bars/cafes etc...  always feel you've stepped back in time to better footballing place including its own rain sodden micro climate !! 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Will we beat their 97%? 

Maybe if we didn't have Boab leading the team next season.

Japan Jambo
On 05/05/2021 at 22:50, jr ewing said:

It was just lying there. 

Like an unwanted trinket at a car boot sale....

On 05/05/2021 at 23:32, Fozzyonthefence said:

They were both voted down a league by their fellow clubs and playing in a league they felt they shouldn’t have been put in.  Must admit, I was a bit surprised that Patrick’s celebrations weren’t a bit more low key but fair dos to them for banning the SFA and SPFL.  

I think they made a meal of the celebrations for the very reason that the SPFL and SFA weren't present.  Ours was an official presentation, so these numpties had to be present, hence we played it down.  I think both clubs got their message across in different ways given the different circumstances of the presentations.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 05/05/2021 at 15:32, Fozzyonthefence said:

To be honest, they were put in a much more dire situation than we were, deserved it even less than we did, and wouldn't have been as overwhelming favourites to win the title as us. They definitely earned their title. Hope they push on and get back to back promotions, and it's an extra reason to want Dundee to stay down to see that match!