• Thomaso

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Why didn't we do that ?

We're soft as shite. Sorry, "professional" 🙄

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Why didn't we do that ?

Because we have spineless cowards running the club and they want to be everybody's friend. 

22games nro

Love the way he called it in regards to Doncaster sending him a message, worthy champions etc, McCall said he didn’t reply and more or less couldn’t believe the brass neck or the idiot just not understanding the feeling of the clubs

talk about hitting the nail on the head 

Mikey1874
13 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Love the way he called it in regards to Doncaster sending him a message, worthy champions etc, McCall said he didn’t reply and more or less couldn’t believe the brass neck or the idiot just not understanding the feeling of the clubs

talk about hitting the nail on the head 

McCall said just the right amount. 

He actually said he didn't want to talk about it. But would do a one hour interview with Tom English. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Jesus. Patrick schooling us and proving our club is just full or rhetoric and shite....

Hashimoto

Well done Partick!

Grudge's and payback doesn't sit well with "Queen Ann's" squeaky, clean image. 

SectionDJambo

Well done to Partick Thistle on sending the message to the cabal. Ian McCall spoke very well on the radio.

A couple of things though.

I think the reaction of the media, with the exception of the likes of Tom English, would have heavily criticised Hearts if we had done the same. Thistle won’t get the same treatment.

Can we actually ban an SPFL official from an SPFL match? Thistle are having their presentation on a non match day in their own time.

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, maroondevo52 said:

Why didn't we do that ?

Did you not catch the bowling club style of management on the documentary?

maroondevo52
3 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Did you not catch the bowling club style of management on the documentary?

I did, it was a stupid question to ask on my part.

heartmussel
31 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Well done to Partick Thistle on sending the message to the cabal. Ian McCall spoke very well on the radio.

A couple of things though.

I think the reaction of the media, with the exception of the likes of Tom English, would have heavily criticised Hearts if we had done the same. Thistle won’t get the same treatment.

Can we actually ban an SPFL official from an SPFL match? Thistle are having their presentation on a non match day in their own time.

Absolutely,we would have got slaughtered from all sections of the media,hopefully journalists get it tight from the sections surrounding the press area next season.

Nelly Terraces
41 minutes ago, weehammy said:

So many chances have been missed to reinforce the ‘only Hearts’ mood supporters have held since last summer.

That lasted about 3 weeks before we then loaned St Mirren a goalkeeper to help them out.

22games nro
37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sportsound from earlier. Ian McCall on at the start. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09gjdrl

just listened to it, 

I loved his determination and the part where he said ,

(paraphrasing )

We were all in agreement that we banned Neil Doncaster etc  if Neil Doncaster had been coming  then  I wouldn’t  be there !

the man just went up a gazillion times in my humble estimation.

well said Ian McCall 

1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

just listened to it, 

I loved his determination and the part where he said ,

(paraphrasing )

We were all in agreement that we banned Neil Doncaster etc  if Neil Doncaster had been coming  then  I wouldn’t  be there !

the man just went up a gazillion times in my humble estimation.

well said Ian McCall 

I suspect that if both of them are ever in a room together then `the Donkey will end up with a large turd in each of his shoes and then sent on his way

Well done Thistle.  Our Board should be ashamed at feting Doncaster after last years events.

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Well done Thistle.  Our Board should be ashamed at feting Doncaster after last years events.

...unless there's something in the SPFL rulebook (or one that isn't made up on the spot to suit circumstances) that says we must allow SPFL officials in to games...?

8 minutes ago, Boof said:

...unless there's something in the SPFL rulebook (or one that isn't made up on the spot to suit circumstances) that says we must allow SPFL officials in to games...?

One we should have broken if that was the case. The nerve of the man after his part in last years events is something else.  Bet your bottom dollar he wouldn’t have turned up if there had been a full house.  He’s an utterly despicable individual  who has picked up a kings ransom in a salary for presiding over chaos. Well done Thistle for keeping him away from their ground.  To me this is just another example of how spineless our Board actually is.

Des Lynam

We should have invited Doncaster and MacLennan to the Skyline and served them a black bulls head. 

frankblack
12 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Well played in the circumstances.

Would have been even better if there had been a full stadium at Tynecastle and Firhill and he got invited.

I'm just surprised there wasn't a Gorgie welcoming committe outside for him.

1971fozzy
12 hours ago, jonesy said:

Well played Thistle. Our 'stance' was up as soon as we loaned Zlamal to one of the teams that voted us down.

'Only (Ann Budge's) Hearts' would take what we had to last spring/summer then, first chance arises, help them out, legitimising their tin pot league.

Indeed. After the Hibs semi and the Dundee opening game  we never showed any of the anger we as supporters have. The club loaning out Bobby was a disgrace for most of us.

Well done McColl and Thistle. Exactly what we should of done. 

Section Q
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not aimed at you but I think it's time to look after ourselves tbh. The love in with Partick and Inverness has ran it's course now.

Understood, but I dont foresee us increasing what we already give to the club. 

OmiyaHearts
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not aimed at you but I think it's time to look after ourselves tbh. The love in with Partick and Inverness has ran it's course now.

Exactly. We're back being friends with everyone again, not exclusively ICT & PT.

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Understood, but I dont foresee us increasing what we already give to the club. 

It's more that I just see no reason to forge friendly relationships with other clubs. I have no affinity to Partick or ICT. Let's face it, if they had been in Dundee United or Raith's positions they'd have voted for what suited them. The whole Only Hearts thing was a lot of shite in the end tbh.

Partick got this right. We got it wrong - again!

I’m one for doing the right thing. However, sometimes doing the right thing requires you to do the wrong thing.

This isn’t a sporting scenario, it’s a political one ... and we missed a chance to score a political point - again!

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We should have invited Doncaster and MacLennan to the Skyline and served them a black bulls head. 

That would have been interesting. 

ford donald
14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Well done Partick.....it’s exactly what we should have done.

Very much so,proves they have fire in their belly,we have none at our club.

Section Q
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It's more that I just see no reason to forge friendly relationships with other clubs. I have no affinity to Partick or ICT. Let's face it, if they had been in Dundee United or Raith's positions they'd have voted for what suited them. The whole Only Hearts thing was a lot of shite in the end tbh.

👍

Ron Burgundy

It seems every week the absolute loser mentality of our club gets highlighted yet again.

Well done Thistle. Showing a bit of backbone.

Budge really is a PR disaster.

The Old Tolbooth

Partick Thistle showing this current Hearts regime up for exactly what they are, spineless cowards! 

Well done Thistle! 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I think you are wrong about the 2 Thistles.

Inverness actively tried to get agreement from the clubs in the Championship to vote against the Good Friday stitch up. They were undone by the Dundee vote corruption.

Ian McCall said, last night, that they would not have voted to do the same thing that happened to them, had it been another club in their position. I believe him.

People said that Hearts would have voted in agreement of the Good Friday proposal if we had not been bottom of the division at the time. They are also wrong, like to be controversial or have an agenda against our club.

There were plenty clubs, from the 42, who were happy to harm other clubs, for various reasons, ranging from greed to spite. There were also a few who were not happy about it. There is some integrity out there, unfortunately not in the corridors of power at Hampden.

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think you are wrong about the 2 Thistles.

Inverness actively tried to get agreement from the clubs in the Championship to vote against the Good Friday stitch up. They were undone by the Dundee vote corruption.

Ian McCall said, last night, that they would not have voted to do the same thing that happened to them, had it been another club in their position. I believe him.

People said that Hearts would have voted in agreement of the Good Friday proposal if we had not been bottom of the division at the time. They are also wrong, like to be controversial or have an agenda against our club.

There were plenty clubs, from the 42, who were happy to harm other clubs, for various reasons, ranging from greed to spite. There were also a few who were not happy about it. There is some integrity out there, unfortunately not in the corridors of power at Hampden.

I don't think I am wrong. Inverness lost nothing by supporting us but equally they had nothing to gain. If they had something to gain, like Dundee United did, I believe they would have voted for the stitch up. It's all a bit 'if my Auntie had baws she'd be my uncle' type debating from me. They did what they did I suppose but I've little doubt if circumstances were different they would have voted in self interest.

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don't think I am wrong. Inverness lost nothing by supporting us but equally they had nothing to gain. If they had something to gain, like Dundee United did, I believe they would have voted for the stitch up. It's all a bit 'if my Auntie had baws she'd be my uncle' type debating from me. They did what they did I suppose but I've little doubt if circumstances were different they would have voted in self interest.

I respect your opinion but I believe that there is some integrity out there. There is no doubt that the likes of Dundee United and Raith Rovers grasped an opportunity. Plenty more were either bribed by the release of prize money lie or saw an opportunity to have big away supports in their grounds. There were clubs in the Premiership who will have seen the opportunity to directly harm a rival club.

But that doesn't mean that some clubs were less than honest about how they would have voted not to harm other clubs if they were not directly affected.

Bazzas right boot

Quality. 

Another Fred that has turned into  slagging everything Hearts and to see who can out seethe each other. 

Do folk just wake up angry and then look to get angrier about Hearts. 

One might think  These folk need to watch Man citehh or Utd and calm down a bit. 

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I respect your opinion but I believe that there is some integrity out there. There is no doubt that the likes of Dundee United and Raith Rovers grasped an opportunity. Plenty more were either bribed by the release of prize money lie or saw an opportunity to have big away supports in their grounds. There were clubs in the Premiership who will have seen the opportunity to directly harm a rival club.

But that doesn't mean that some clubs were less than honest about how they would have voted not to harm other clubs if they were not directly affected.

I doubt there is much integrity but I actually agree with most of what you said. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Quality. 

Another Fred that has turned into  slagging everything Hearts and to see who can out seethe each other. 

Do folk just wake up angry and then look to get angrier about Hearts. 

One might think  These folk need to watch Man citehh or Utd and calm down a bit. 

What do you expect when the club seems to always go against what the majority of it's customers want?

Des Lynam
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

What do you expect when the club seems to always go against what the majority of it's customers want?

Hey go easy. He’s got shit for brains. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Hey go easy. He’s got shit for brains. 

Ooh, straight out the traps swinging. 

Did you think of that one all by yourself? 

If so- Well done you, give yourself a cookie. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

If the majority is the brains trust on here, then thank **** the club goes against them.