Partick Thistle

TexasAndy

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Inverness look as though they might struggle if they came up this season. Another year in the championship might not actually be a bad thing if their budget can survive it. I hope when they do get up they can thrive rather than struggle.

Aye good post.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I agree with a lot of your posts but not this one. 

I don’t agree with a lot of your posts but I do this one 😉

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

It is all just so nice in Budge land. Unicorns, rainbows and fluffy bunnies.

What happens when they get back to their 'rightful place' and we play them? Are we going to come out the tunnel together holding hands and skipping? Will the fans wear half and half scarves and sing 'joint songs'?

Fwiw I don't hate them but they are the enemy. Every team is. Holy shit man we need to toughen up. It is bad enough having that ***** running us but **** we are degenerating more and more each season.

I do not even recognise us as a football club anymore. This is Ann Budge's vision for us. Friendly and nice - who gives a **** about football results. The end game is love and peace. Perhaps if she gave a **** about that we would not have left ourselves in the rock bottom position when covid kicked in.

Same AB’s Hearts that went out hand in hand with ICT on Saturday I suppose and let them beat us because it helped them out after they supported us.......

davemclaren
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

What happens when they get back to their 'rightful place' and we play them? Are we going to come out the tunnel together holding hands and skipping? Will the fans wear half and half scarves and sing 'joint songs'?

Fwiw I don't hate them but they are the enemy. Every team is. Holy shit man we need to toughen up. It is bad enough having that ***** running us but **** we are degenerating more and more each season.

I do not even recognise us as a football club anymore. This is Ann Budge's vision for us. Friendly and nice - who gives a **** about football results. The end game is love and peace. Perhaps if she gave a **** about that we would not have left ourselves in the rock bottom position when covid kicked in.

We beat them 3 - 0 on Saturday in, probably, their most vital match of the season. You may have missed that I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We beat them 3 - 0 on Saturday in, probably, their most vital match of the season. You may have missed that I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

dave, a minor point we beat ICT on saturday and not partick thistle who i believe i8 was bumping his gums about

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

dave, a minor point we beat ICT on saturday and not partick thistle who i believe i8 was bumping his gums about

Feck, I’m getting confused in my old age. A minor point

The principle stands though.  😜

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In a diddy league after 5 seasons of abject failure?

siegementality
On 27/04/2021 at 08:38, TexasAndy said:

Been on a great charge lately and in pole position to go straight back to Championship.  Hope they get it over the line.  

Hearts and Partick Thistle winning their respective leagues and Stranraer going up in the play offs would be brilliant.

Brechin going into non league obscurity would also be fitting given the events of last summer.

14 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Hearts and Partick Thistle winning their respective leagues and Stranraer going up in the play offs would be brilliant.

Brechin going into non league obscurity would also be fitting given the events of last summer.

Beat Cowdenbeath last night to avoid being confirmed at club 42. Only 8 points behind them with 3 games left now. Must have been told they need to at least try to get out of it themselves or itll look dodgy the SPFL bailing them out 😉

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

In a diddy league after 5 seasons of abject failure?

It suggests that, despite the warm feelings of a lot of our supporters to certain teams after last season, that rightly doesn’t transfer to the football field - regardless of leagues we play in. 

siegementality
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Beat Cowdenbeath last night to avoid being confirmed at club 42. Only 8 points behind them with 3 games left now. Must have been told they need to at least try to get out of it themselves or itll look dodgy the SPFL bailing them out 😉

I’d settle for Cowdenbeath going down. Donald Finlay was as big a prick as any of them last year.

2 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I’d settle for Cowdenbeath going down. Donald Finlay is a big prick.

FTFY 😉

I think Cowdenbeath going down would confuse the SPFL as they’d need to find a different team to play us in the League Cup. If Brechin avoid the playoff they will have deserved it. 11 behind with 12 to play for. That would be exceptionally funny to see as a collapse from Cowdenbeath. 

Iv a soft spot for Forfar but its good to see them going down after the chairmans comments. Hopefully Arbroath and Morton draw on Friday and Ayr get humped then Ayr lose their play off. Hamilton and Ross County coulfd be all but ****ed by teatime on Saturday too. Ross County and United and Hamilton at St Mirren. If Killie can beat Motherwell it should see those two in the bottom two. Toss up who I’d prefer to go straight down though. Leaning toward Ross County for their chairmans comments but either would be good. 

Bit of luck we will see

Hamilton and Ross County relegated

Dundee not promoted

Alloa and Ayr relegated

Partick and Falkirk promoted (id be ok with Cove at a push)

Forfar and Clyde or Dumbarton (either or) relegated

Queens Park and Stranraer promoted (though id be ok with Edinburgh City)

Brechin punted and Brora or Kelty (either or) promoted

13 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I’d settle for Cowdenbeath going down. Donald Finlay was as big a prick as any of them last year.

I see Findlay on the BBC page bumping his gums about 'sporting integrity'  Because Brora were called Highland League champions after only playing 3 games.  Think his arse is making buttons that Brechin might catch up with Cowdenbeath and they'll end up in the pyramid playoff.  Don't recall him saying anything when the league was called! Total trumpet of a man!  After last season's shenanigans it's only fair that Brora and Kelty get their chance in the pyramid playoffs

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Firefox said:

I see Findlay on the BBC page bumping his gums about 'sporting integrity'  Because Brora were called Highland League champions after only playing 3 games.  Think his arse is making buttons that Brechin might catch up with Cowdenbeath and they'll end up in the pyramid playoff.  Don't recall him saying anything when the league was called! Total trumpet of a man!  After last season's shenanigans it's only fair that Brora and Kelty get their chance in the pyramid playoffs

Last year he said that calling the leagues was the correct decision and fairness didn’t come into it. 

credit card
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

:facepalm:

What a tragic thread and sums us up.

FFS as Hearts fan what would you prefer instead. Partick stood shoulder to shoulder with us. Gave us preseason match practice and their fanbase was even more entitled to feel aggrieved at their kicking out of their league given their points position.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Last year he said that calling the leagues was the correct decision and fairness didn’t come into it. 

He also got confused on Sportsound last year about what reconstruction proposals he was talking about, then said that year was not the year for reconstruction but this, whilst earlier I'm sure both Stenhousemuir and Elgin chairmen were on saying all 10 SPFL2 clubs agreed unanimously that they would support a 14-14-14 reconstruction proposal.

Edited by DETTY29

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Dave. You're still owed me 10 grand for the Virtual Servers as per our agreement on the IT Projects you managed.

You have my bank info so by COB today would be great. 

👍

🤔

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If you are not interested in the thread then you can simply move off without leaving your usual dump of misery wherever you go.   

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

At this time Partick are not the enemy. As for when we next play them, like every other opponent, I hope we absolutely hammer them 

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Grow up!!!

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

WTF is it with you and unicorns. 

Unicorns oot? 

Football is healing itself.

My hopes are as follows

Falkirk to replace Ayr

Raith to keep Dundee out of the play off final.

Ross County to be relagated

On 28/04/2021 at 07:35, i8hibsh said:

Someone's not been getting enough attention...:cheerful:

On 28/04/2021 at 18:59, Smith's right boot said:

WTF is it with you and unicorns. 

Unicorns oot? 

You can't say oot to the official animal of Scotland!

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Go Thistle!

Well done on getting their name right. Their fans don't like being called "Partick".

Congratulations to Thistle.

Like us, should never have been put in the position they were in.

Hopefully Stranraer can follow suit.

Hell even Rangers winning the league was kind of pleasing.

Congratulations to the 2nd Glasgow team to win a title...celtic must be feeling like 💩💩💩 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
18 minutes ago, Homme said:

Congratulations to Thistle.

Like us, should never have been put in the position they were in.

Hopefully Stranraer can follow suit.

Hell even Rangers winning the league was kind of pleasing.

You've taken it too far!

N Lincs Jambo

Well done the Jags! They got shafted like we did and go back up straight away. Can’t see why any Hearts fan wouldn’t be ok with that.

AlphonseCapone
On 28/04/2021 at 08:01, i8hibsh said:

What an egotistical weirdo you are at times. 

6 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

A fine night outside Firhill.👍🇧🇪

We even have a new song - "**** the SFA" (& repeat).

get your own songs . well done the maryhill magyars . **** the sfa 

indianajones
33 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

A fine night outside Firhill.👍🇧🇪

We even have a new song - "**** the SFA" (& repeat).

Nice one!