Partick Thistle

TexasAndy

Been on a great charge lately and in pole position to go straight back to Championship.  Hope they get it over the line.  

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

Been on a great charge lately and in pole position to go straight back to Championship.  Hope they get it over the line.  

And Falkirk to make it via the play offs, with Ayr firstly, or not a bad second choice, Morton to be relegated.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

And Falkirk to make it via the play offs, with Ayr firstly, or not a bad second choice, Morton to be relegated.

And Stranraer to come up from the play offs too from League 2.  They’re also on a good run.  That would be the 4 clubs wronged the most all promoted (reinstated in the case of us, Partick, Stranraer).

All roads lead to Gorgie

I Hope all the clubs like Partick who backed us make it into the leagues they deserve to be in.

Really disappointing that Inverness have just come up short, I feel they will be top or thereabouts next season though.  

Fozzyonthefence
34 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I Hope all the clubs like Partick who backed us make it into the leagues they deserve to be in.

Really disappointing that Inverness have just come up short, I feel they will be top or thereabouts next season though.  

I agree with the sentiment but I’m not sure that anyone really backed us, everyone was just voting out of self interest, probably even East Fife.  They all had their own reasons for not wanting the leagues called.  Partick was the team that got shafted the most though. 

Thistle have come good at the right stage of the season.

Hopefully, they'll see it through and, like HMFC, get back to where they should never have been voted from.

Still angers me every time I think about it.

FTSPFL, Donc and, as always, Hibs.

ToadKiller Dog

Yep hope they do it .

Doncaster and the spfl  didn't just run them over with the spfl bus they reversed back over them just for good measure 

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And Stranraer to come up from the play offs too from League 2.  They’re also on a good run.  That would be the 4 clubs wronged the most all promoted (reinstated in the case of us, Partick, Stranraer).

However, up in the SFA Cabal of Brechin the forces of evil are once again at work.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I agree with the sentiment but I’m not sure that anyone really backed us, everyone was just voting out of self interest, probably even East Fife.  They all had their own reasons for not wanting the leagues called.  Partick was the team that got shafted the most though. 

I should have said that they were on the same page as us regarding reconstruction, playing out the leagues or calling them null and void as they stood. Still wish them luck!

Harry Potter
7 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Hope so.

Perth to Paisley

4 points from tonight and Thursday game sees Thistle win their league.

Edited by Perth to Paisley

Good.  And the sooner they are back in the Prem the better.

Best awayday in Scotland outside of Tynecastle (obviously).

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Add Brora or Kelty Hearts beating Brechin to complete the set 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Add Brora or Kelty Hearts beating Brechin to complete the set 

Yes, they were probably wronged more than Falkirk to be fair. I have a feeling they’re going to get shafted again though. 

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I’d rather cove won and got promoted under SPH 

Cove were one of the promoted 3 last year so feel if would be more fair if either Falkirk or thistle went up automatically this time

10 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Stranraer play-off hopes taking a big hit tonight. 

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

sky sports reporting that the Clyde East Fife game was delayed and now off no reason given

Rumoured positive Covid test. The players were out warming up. Season finishes week tonight 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Rumoured positive Covid test. The players were out warming up. Season finishes week tonight 

cheers

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Stranraer play-off hopes taking a big hit tonight. 

Understatement.  4-0 down after 20 minutes and they're playing at home against a club below them.

Ouch.

New Jambo Zak put Partick ahead.

jamboinglasgow

So a win against Falkirk on Thursday and Partick go up.

Crazy how well they have done since coming back last month. Before the shutdown they were very inconsistant.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So a win against Falkirk on Thursday and Partick go up.

Crazy how well they have done since coming back last month. Before the shutdown they were very inconsistant.

Yip, they seem to have sneaked into first place. Being full time has probably helped with the disruption there has been. 

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, they seem to have sneaked into first place. Being full time has probably helped with the disruption there has been. 

You'd like to think so but at what cost to them?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

You'd like to think so but at what cost to them?

A lot so they would be banking on getting back up. 

Doctor FinnBarr
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A lot so they would be banking on getting back up. 

Hopefully for them they do, but still no guaranteed crowds next season for them to generate cash.

9 hours ago, Le Chat said:

Good.  And the sooner they are back in the Prem the better.

Best awayday in Scotland outside of Tynecastle (obviously).

Absolutely 100% correct.  My favourite by an absolute mile.  Best was a 4-3 win in front of a big Hearts support.  Pretty sure Norrie Davidson got the winner.  Even a 5-0 defeat didn't put me off because that result flattered us.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:facepalm:

What a tragic thread and sums us up.

Whats "tragic" about hoping that hoping that a club badly wronged (and who supported us) get back to where they should be.

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:facepalm:

What a tragic thread and sums us up.

It really doesn't make any difference as to whether Hearts win games or not.

Thinking it does is what is tragic.

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Whats "tragic" about hoping that hoping that a club badly wronged (and who supported us) get back to where they should be.

It is all just so nice in Budge land. Unicorns, rainbows and fluffy bunnies.

What happens when they get back to their 'rightful place' and we play them? Are we going to come out the tunnel together holding hands and skipping? Will the fans wear half and half scarves and sing 'joint songs'?

Fwiw I don't hate them but they are the enemy. Every team is. Holy shit man we need to toughen up. It is bad enough having that ***** running us but **** we are degenerating more and more each season.

I do not even recognise us as a football club anymore. This is Ann Budge's vision for us. Friendly and nice - who gives a **** about football results. The end game is love and peace. Perhaps if she gave a **** about that we would not have left ourselves in the rock bottom position when covid kicked in.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

What happens when they get back to their 'rightful place' and we play them? Are we going to come out the tunnel together holding hands and skipping? Will the fans wear half and half scarves and sing 'joint songs'?

Fwiw I don't hate them but they are the enemy. Every team is. Holy shit man we need to toughen up. It is bad enough having that ***** running us but **** we are degenerating more and more each season.

I do not even recognise us as a football club anymore. This is Ann Budge's vision for us. Friendly and nice - who gives a **** about football results. The end game is love and peace. Perhaps if she gave a **** about that we would not have left ourselves in the rock bottom position when covid kicked in.

Now that is tragic, and pathetic.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree with a lot of your posts but not this one. 

Fort Vallance
On 27/04/2021 at 08:58, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Inverness look as though they might struggle if they came up this season. Another year in the championship might not actually be a bad thing if their budget can survive it. I hope when they do get up they can thrive rather than struggle.