Let the bodies pile high in their thousands

ri Alban

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Absolute shite. I said you sound like a Tory because stigmatising the poor, even a small proportion, tars them all with the same brush and leads to Duncan-Smith going from tears at the sight of an impoverished, run-down scheme to ‘Arbeit Macht Frei’ and making the lives of those on benefits a living ****ing hell. Making sanitary products widely available is not parenting by proxy nor a sign of the nanny state, its the sign of a civilised country. It’s like you’ve forgot that we are meant to co-exist in a community/society and that society gets stronger as we all get stronger. Feeding kids at school gives them a better chance of learning and being successful, providing sanitary products takes a huge amount of worry away for girls in school and also allows them to focus more on their studies. Taking away those worries allows children to ‘help themselves’, exactly what you want. 

I’ve not said a single word about the meadows or the bus vandalism and I fully understand there are myriad factors at play that lead to petty criminality and violence. Nor have I suggested at all that people shouldn’t be helped to take personal responsibility - is this a deliberately deceitful posting style you use in attributing words and thoughts to people who did not espouse them?

Finally, ultimately there ARE systemic reasons why people cannot get out of extreme poverty. Some do, most don’t because the entire system is deliberately weighted against them. Trickle down economics do not work. I know first-hand how deleterious the effects of extreme poverty are - and believe me, it took EVERYTHING to fight out of it. I was lucky that things ultimately worked out and yes, I don’t downplay the hard-work or difficulties faced by myself or others - and now that I’m in a different place, I absolutely WILL NOT ever turn my back on those still stuck in the crab bucket. 

Call it virtue signalling if you so choose, I’ll be sure to let the local food bank know how you describe caring about others next time I’m there. 

He's a bore, best ignored. His nose is out of joint because of covid. 

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Governor Tarkin

• ri Alban

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Absolutely.  I'm sure we differ on the constitution issue for example. The frightening "group think" mentality in this country sees the "Toaaarry" charge being levelled at anyone who doesn't follow the correct thought process. Substitute "Toaaarry" for any race, nationality or religion and you would be breaking the law.

Meanwhile, James you can expect @scotgov to invite you down to Holyrood to undergo a Maoist "struggle session" soon.

Trying too hard with the "toaaarry"  shit Enzo,  shame really.

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

What a vile post . In particular the end threat which is disgusting actually . You really should be ashamed of yourself . You really are obsessed about me being a “ Tory “ when I have never voted for them in my life . You seem to have a lot of grievances about your early  life well boo hoo guess what you aren’t the only one brought up in poverty and managed to get out of it ! So what . I have met some of the kindest , caring people In my life who did not experience poverty . Just because you have that experience it doesn’t mean you have the monopoly on it . I could go on and on about my up bringing but I don’t dwell in the past . I made some of my life despite adverse disadvantages because I wanted to and was motivated to by my parents . No one owes Anyone anything in life you know . My work is my reward . And don’t even be so patronising to think that I have no idea about structural poverty and how difficult it is to get out off for anyone . Take that frozen bag of chips off your shoulder . Youll

do yourself an injury . 

67E9B007-857C-43C2-B21C-28A1CD77BBAC.jpeg

I can only reply to what you expressed, which did not mention any of the stuff you are now back-pedalling about. We aren’t telepathic. 

I’ll let others judge if I was off with my response, but there was NOTHING vile about my post at all. If you don’t want to be told you sound like a Tory, then don’t keep peddling myths like ‘the poor cant budget, lazy, bad parents, give them anything and they won’t be able to help themselves’. If you cannot see where this line of thinking leads, considering I spelled it out in my last post, there’s no hope for you at all.

Also, I didn’t say I had a ****ing monopoly on my ‘experience’ - I explicitly said it was NOT easy to do and I was aware that not everyone HAS the opportunity to get themselves into a better place in their life, despite how hard they work. How many times do I talk about inequality ffs. NOR did I espouse ANY greivances about my life, I shared that to show that I was not going to lose my empathy for others struggling, just because things were a bit better for me.  STOP PUTTING WORDS INTO POSTERS MOUTHS that they did not express. That is bad faith posting and I don’t for a second believe its accidental or due to a lack of eloquence. 

Enzo Chiefo
36 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Trying too hard with the "toaaarry"  shit Enzo,  shame really.

Just repeating it as I hear it KvC. The continual use of it as a phoney insult in this country is the real national embarrassment tbh.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Lads, isn't it the case that some poor folk genuinely waste meagre budgets - often, but not always, unearned cash provided to them by the state - on frivolities and some poor folk, despite working hard and being careful, could do with a bit of help from time to time? And izzinit also the case that some poor folk have no intention of finding work and are quite comfortable in their handout-lifestyle, while some poor folk would jump at the chance to 'improve' themselves?

In the same way that some Tories aren’t criminals... quite possibly !

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not quite sure what you mean, Boab. There are plenty of good Tories out there, just as there are plenty of good Lib Dems, Labour voters/representatives, SNP...etc. And I'm pretty sure there are a good number of bad apples in those parties, too.

I've had folk in my family - the side that come from a demographic that wouldn't traditionally come under the Tory umbrella - vote Conservative simply because they felt that, on the whole, the party better represented them and their beliefs on how the country should be run.

On the other hand, there are folk in my family who have suffered greatly at the hands of Tory policies and could become triggered by the mere sight of Thatcher on TV.

Nevertheless, I don't see why folk find it hard to at least attempt to understand that others vote differently from themselves and for a variety of reasons. Unless, that is, their quite happily attained their peak maturity at around age 9.

Hence, “...some...”, jonesy.

The Health Minister, during an fn pandemic, broke the law. Still in a job !

Crooks. 
Staggering corruption going on and some right wing commentators are bold enough to say people don’t care about the wrongdoing as long as other shit is getting done !

Incredible.

Enzo Chiefo
25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

65286a61f5023aa00a31510f484ada5a--pony-w

^^^^ Enzo taking the dug out. 

🤣. Wouldn't catch me wearing a double-breasted tin-flute, Guv👍

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'd venture that the part in bold is pretty true. Folk are largely immune to people in positions of authority being sneaky, chancers, or just downright corrupt - it's par for the course. Having politicians who can get things done is much rarer, these days. The vaccine rollout has probably won the Tories the next election, UK-wide.

If, 40 odd years ago, someone had shown me Trump and Johnson in action, I would have laughed at the absurdity of it.

What have we become ?

JudyJudyJudy
54 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Lads, isn't it the case that some poor folk genuinely waste meagre budgets - often, but not always, unearned cash provided to them by the state - on frivolities and some poor folk, despite working hard and being careful, could do with a bit of help from time to time? And izzinit also the case that some poor folk have no intention of finding work and are quite comfortable in their handout-lifestyle, while some poor folk would jump at the chance to 'improve' themselves?

On the nail ! 

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Absolute shite. I said you sound like a Tory because stigmatising the poor, even a small proportion, tars them all with the same brush and leads to Duncan-Smith going from tears at the sight of an impoverished, run-down scheme to ‘Arbeit Macht Frei’ and making the lives of those on benefits a living ****ing hell. Making sanitary products widely available is not parenting by proxy nor a sign of the nanny state, its the sign of a civilised country. It’s like you’ve forgot that we are meant to co-exist in a community/society and that society gets stronger as we all get stronger. Feeding kids at school gives them a better chance of learning and being successful, providing sanitary products takes a huge amount of worry away for girls in school and also allows them to focus more on their studies. Taking away those worries allows children to ‘help themselves’, exactly what you want. 

I’ve not said a single word about the meadows or the bus vandalism and I fully understand there are myriad factors at play that lead to petty criminality and violence. Nor have I suggested at all that people shouldn’t be helped to take personal responsibility - is this a deliberately deceitful posting style you use in attributing words and thoughts to people who did not espouse them?

Finally, ultimately there ARE systemic reasons why people cannot get out of extreme poverty. Some do, most don’t because the entire system is deliberately weighted against them. Trickle down economics do not work. I know first-hand how deleterious the effects of extreme poverty are - and believe me, it took EVERYTHING to fight out of it. I was lucky that things ultimately worked out and yes, I don’t downplay the hard-work or difficulties faced by myself or others - and now that I’m in a different place, I absolutely WILL NOT ever turn my back on those still stuck in the crab bucket. 

Call it virtue signalling if you so choose, I’ll be sure to let the local food bank know how you describe caring about others next time I’m there. 

Take a bow 👏👏

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

I can only reply to what you expressed, which did not mention any of the stuff you are now back-pedalling about. We aren’t telepathic. 

I’ll let others judge if I was off with my response, but there was NOTHING vile about my post at all. If you don’t want to be told you sound like a Tory, then don’t keep peddling myths like ‘the poor cant budget, lazy, bad parents, give them anything and they won’t be able to help themselves’. If you cannot see where this line of thinking leads, considering I spelled it out in my last post, there’s no hope for you at all.

Also, I didn’t say I had a ****ing monopoly on my ‘experience’ - I explicitly said it was NOT easy to do and I was aware that not everyone HAS the opportunity to get themselves into a better place in their life, despite how hard they work. How many times do I talk about inequality ffs. NOR did I espouse ANY greivances about my life, I shared that to show that I was not going to lose my empathy for others struggling, just because things were a bit better for me.  STOP PUTTING WORDS INTO POSTERS MOUTHS that they did not express. That is bad faith posting and I don’t for a second believe its accidental or due to a lack of eloquence. 

I am making no further comment . 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I am making no further comment . 

29480525-4f98-4f5b-bb47-916e761a545c-102

^^^^ James making no further comment.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Beholden to spectacle, soundbite and silicon :( 

Spectacles. Check.

Silicone. Check.

Soundbite. Erm...

01-7-e1529686046965.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Et Tu GT ? ?  

16 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Et tu GT ? 

Edited by JamesM48

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

😂😂

@JamesM48 similar to me, you just can't let things go at times. Drives me mad, imagine it's the same for you?

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Spectacles. Check.

Silicone. Check.

Soundbite. Erm...

01-7-e1529686046965.jpg

:oohmatron:

Weakened Offender
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Still got some way to go on engaging with the topic

😅

Konrad von Carstein
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just repeating it as I hear it KvC. The continual use of it as a phoney insult in this country is the real national embarrassment tbh.

Its a bit weak coming from you tbh,  there are other posters that its expected from but you dont come across as a complete daftie. :lol:

Anyway no biggie I just noticed you had jumped aboard that train.

As you were :)

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

😂😂

@JamesM48 similar to me, you just can't let things go at times. Drives me mad, imagine it's the same for you?

👍

coconut doug
On 04/05/2021 at 16:20, Enzo Chiefo said:

You would almost think that they hadn't been in power for 14 years. If Sturgeon's own constituency is a dump, it's no surprise the country is going down the toilet too. Bloody Toooaaarries.

On 04/05/2021 at 16:33, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again you shown an unbelievable grasp of how business, or indeed, life works. You are inhabiting a delusional land of milk and honey where everyone has rights and no'one has responsibilities. 

Yes, it would be great to work 4 days, less hours, spend long sunny days with family and lie back while the State spoon feeds us....in return for our vote. Big bad business and Toooaaaaries would be demonised of course.  Perhaps Havana would be more to your taste??

Who in the name of **** "expects toilet paper" to be provided?? 

Have you ever considered that there is a mental health and drugs crisis because people are left to linger on benefits and freebies with no daily purpose?? Where is the self respect and dignity in that??

I'm all for "hand ups" rather than "hand outs" but if you want anything in life, it will be through aspiration and perspiration not by being molly coddled by an interfering state. And yes, you can expect to have to "come home exhausted" at times. Welcome to the real world. 

The trouble is you are the biggest advocate of subsidy on here. it's just that you think it should be directed to corporate entities rather than people who are in need. We hugely subsidise the financial sector by giving them money at virtually no interest rate (currently O.21%) who then sell bad value financial products like private pensions and equity release schemes to the poorer and more gullible elements in our society at enormous interest rates. Private pensions which are almost always a major rip off are further subsidised by tax offsets.  Government compelled local authorities to borrow under the PFI scheme which was nothing more than a subsidy to the already very rich. Often the government provided the money at very low interest rates which was then lent on to local authorities at rates of up to 20% but typically many times the rate the financiers paid for it. Huge profits and little work all round.

Government in some cases (e.g.help to buy schemes) underwrites the risks and paid out several hundred billion pounds in 2008. The institutions (banks) that were bailed out were previously and subsequently found to have knowingly laundered money for organised crime and drug cartels. They participated in what appears to be massive corporate frauds against private companies e.g.Carrilion causing a domino effect of insolvency against smaller sub-contractors. RBS operated a system that pressurised struggling businesses forcing them into bankruptcy so they could asset strip what was left for their pals. They even did it when they were state owned.

Selected individuals and institutions (Osborne’s pals) were able to buy RBS shares now debt free at knock down prices from the state who never got its money back. At the same time this was happening the government refused to help the victims of the Farepak scandal who had been swindled out of their Christmas savings doing so because of a point of principle. The poorest in society trying to be financially responsible got nothing while the spivs got plenty.

The landowners are subsidised for countless things. Farmers paid for doing nothing and massive subsidies for those who allow wind turbines on their land. People with too much money are subsidised to buy land and grow trees that are of little or no value and on it goes. Parasitic financiers Greensill lobbied parliament for £20 billion a ridiculous prospect for a company whose purpose is to provide financial liquidity and they nearly got it. Cameron stood to gain tens of millions of pounds personally. The irony that this company should ask government for money so it can pay government contracts more timeously than government departments (that seems to be Greensill’s sole function) is an irony lost in a country where corruption is now endemic.

Not to mention the Barnett Formula which is, at best a device to buy our compliance in this corruption.  A hush money subsidy for those who don’t like the direction the UK is taking. I’ve barely scraped the surface but to the Daily Mail, Tory it’s all the fault of the poor and their something for nothing mentality and the Scottish government for their “freebies” like prescriptions, personal care and student fees. All it would take is to add a few sanitary products to that list and the whole financial system and social structure will collapse it seems.

You are right, this is no land of milk and honey for most. Being told that I don’t know anything about work, life and business by an insurance man is a sobering thought. Next time the state come to mollycoddle me I’ll tell them exactly where they can go.

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

The trouble is you are the biggest advocate of subsidy on here. it's just that you think it should be directed to corporate entities rather than people who are in need. We hugely subsidise the financial sector by giving them money at virtually no interest rate (currently O.21%) who then sell bad value financial products like private pensions and equity release schemes to the poorer and more gullible elements in our society at enormous interest rates. Private pensions which are almost always a major rip off are further subsidised by tax offsets.  Government compelled local authorities to borrow under the PFI scheme which was nothing more than a subsidy to the already very rich. Often the government provided the money at very low interest rates which was then lent on to local authorities at rates of up to 20% but typically many times the rate the financiers paid for it. Huge profits and little work all round.

Government in some cases (e.g.help to buy schemes) underwrites the risks and paid out several hundred billion pounds in 2008. The institutions (banks) that were bailed out were previously and subsequently found to have knowingly laundered money for organised crime and drug cartels. They participated in what appears to be massive corporate frauds against private companies e.g.Carrilion causing a domino effect of insolvency against smaller sub-contractors. RBS operated a system that pressurised struggling businesses forcing them into bankruptcy so they could asset strip what was left for their pals. They even did it when they were state owned.

Selected individuals and institutions (Osborne’s pals) were able to buy RBS shares now debt free at knock down prices from the state who never got its money back. At the same time this was happening the government refused to help the victims of the Farepak scandal who had been swindled out of their Christmas savings doing so because of a point of principle. The poorest in society trying to be financially responsible got nothing while the spivs got plenty.

The landowners are subsidised for countless things. Farmers paid for doing nothing and massive subsidies for those who allow wind turbines on their land. People with too much money are subsidised to buy land and grow trees that are of little or no value and on it goes. Parasitic financiers Greensill lobbied parliament for £20 billion a ridiculous prospect for a company whose purpose is to provide financial liquidity and they nearly got it. Cameron stood to gain tens of millions of pounds personally. The irony that this company should ask government for money so it can pay government contracts more timeously than government departments (that seems to be Greensill’s sole function) is an irony lost in a country where corruption is now endemic.

Not to mention the Barnett Formula which is, at best a device to buy our compliance in this corruption.  A hush money subsidy for those who don’t like the direction the UK is taking. I’ve barely scraped the surface but to the Daily Mail, Tory it’s all the fault of the poor and their something for nothing mentality and the Scottish government for their “freebies” like prescriptions, personal care and student fees. All it would take is to add a few sanitary products to that list and the whole financial system and social structure will collapse it seems.

You are right, this is no land of milk and honey for most. Being told that I don’t know anything about work, life and business by an insurance man is a sobering thought. Next time the state come to mollycoddle me I’ll tell them exactly where they can go.

Your bitterness towards anyone that isn't stuck down a chimney, really is breathtaking,  Doug.  It takes a real political flat earther to express so much drivel. It's like a re-run of the disastrous 1970s in the UK when the socialist experiment failed, as it has done everywhere its been tried. The time when we had to go cap in hand to the IMF and when, rather worrying about mythical comments from the PM, due to yet another strike, bodies really were "piling up in the street"

Weakened Offender
9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Your bitterness towards anyone that isn't stuck down a chimney, really is breathtaking,  Doug.  It takes a real political flat earther to express so much drivel. It's like a re-run of the disastrous 1970s in the UK when the socialist experiment failed, as it has done everywhere its been tried. The time when we had to go cap in hand to the IMF and when, rather worrying about mythical comments from the PM, due to yet another strike, bodies really were "piling up in the street"

Pretty poor retort Enzo. I'd give up on this thread if I was you. It's been a total car crash for your good self. 😊

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Pretty poor retort Enzo. I'd give up on this thread if I was you. It's been a total car crash for your good self. 😊

I do have better things to do WO but some of the bitter, class war pish does need to be challenged and the arguments demolished. It's all under control,  thanks.

coconut doug
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It has nothing to with that and everything to do with the fact that we live in a kleptocracy and that you are an advocate for it. 

This is not the 1970s or the Soviet Union, this is the Uk where millions now rely on foodbanks and the poor are getting poorer and you are an advocate for it. 

You cannot discuss the points raised as they are irrefutable examples of the corruption endemic in our country. Levels of inequality and indebtedness are higher now than ever and still going in the wrong direction. You are one of very few people who actually support this presumably because you cannot see the destination.

The usual nonsense about bitterness and the politics of envy stuff is just more rubbish. Being concerned about the wellbeing of society does not make you bitter, quite the opposite. It's not me harking back to the days when children went up chimneys. It's you that stated you think people should come home from work exhaused.

I wonder why you used inverted commas for the phrase piling up in the street. I can only assume you are quoting Daily Mail. It's a widely held view and often repeated by those with a political agenda that bodies did pile up on the streets. Obviously it never actually happened. It was just a lie to smear the working class and like many similar lies it gets aired now and again to reinforce the prejudices of the gullible and bigoted.

Our society is corrupt and getting significantly worse under the current regime. Almost everybody i know irrespective of their political allegience knows it. That's the issue, not recycling lies and half truths from half a century ago. It must be really difficult to defend this gov and PM in normal life so i suppose that's why you do it from a positon of anonymity on here. Even then though you cannot engage with the issues and only try to deflect them with personal comments and false comparisons.

coconut doug
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I do have better things to do WO but some of the bitter, class war pish does need to be challenged and the arguments demolished. It's all under control,  thanks.

You think you can demolish arguments by recycling Daily Mail headlines! Maybe you are not as clever as you recently told us you were. 

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You think you can demolish arguments by recycling Daily Mail headlines! Maybe you are not as clever as you recently told us you were. 

I'm getting fed up reading your bitter offerings tbh Doug. I've made my point and won't be engaging further with your conspiracy theories. 

Konrad von Carstein
37 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm getting fed up reading your bitter offerings tbh Doug. I've made my point and won't be engaging further with your conspiracy theories. 

As a bystander in this debate,  I'd say that you and Coconut are on a par with the tone of your responses to each other...Which I have to admit I find interesting.

Opposing views, maybe a personality clash (if that's possible on an anonymous message bord :lol:) stick with it EC, be like the The Rangers and don't walk away :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

:laugh2:

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

As a bystander in this debate,  I'd say that you and Coconut are on a par with the tone of your responses to each other...Which I have to admit I find interesting.

Opposing views, maybe a personality clash (if that's possible on an anonymous message bord :lol:) stick with it EC, be like the The Rangers and don't walk away :lol:

Enzo posts whilst puffing on a cohiba, with his feet up and a large brandy in hand. He won't be going anywhere.

Konrad von Carstein
23 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Enzo posts whilst puffing on a cohiba, with his feet up and a large brandy in hand. He won't be going anywhere.

Good to hear,  his witterings enrage and amuse in equal measure.

Trick is to take it all with a pinch of salt,  lime and Tequila.

Enzo Chiefo
52 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Haha. Will do, KvC. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about ....Craig Whyte buying me for a £1😟

Enzo Chiefo
31 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

🤣. Spot on, Guv. It's the only way to survive this board. 👍

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Haha. Will do, KvC. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about ....Craig Whyte buying me for a £1😟

It's what he'd use you for after stumping up the £1 you should worry about :lol:

:groundhog:

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Good idea to bail out Enzo, good luck getting down from his mantlepiece. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

:rofl:

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

His mantlepiece??😂🤣🤣. He's been in my back pocket since he started dribbling out his paranoid, left-wing pish. I pour myself a malt after every exchange but I've got work tomorrow.

Weakened Offender
20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His mantlepiece??😂🤣🤣. He's been in my back pocket since he started dribbling out his paranoid, left-wing pish. I pour myself a malt after every exchange but I've got work tomorrow.

The only ***** that's hanging out of your back pocket is James. 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

:cornette:

I did suggest that he may be better joining the dullards in the "group think" plunge to mediocrity.  But I guess you can't stifle the ability to think critically.  Never been a national pastime in Scotland to be fair

coconut doug
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You’ve done well to keep your trolling going for so long. Supporting vested interests against the common good, your own brand of common sense against science and facts, lies against truth, dogma as opposed to reason and managed to avoid the issues with ad homs, strawmen, appeals to incredulity, red herrings and many more dodges.

There comes a time though when you have to stop dodging and engage with the issues or run away. You have chosen the latter, understandable but I fear your followers will be disappointed.

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You’ve done well to keep your trolling going for so long. Supporting vested interests against the common good, your own brand of common sense against science and facts, lies against truth, dogma as opposed to reason and managed to avoid the issues with ad homs, strawmen, appeals to incredulity, red herrings and many more dodges.

There comes a time though when you have to stop dodging and engage with the issues or run away. You have chosen the latter, understandable but I fear your followers will be disappointed.

I've simply got better things to do, Doug. I've gone into great detail in engaging with you. But there comes a time when you say "enough is enough". The frightening survey released during the week regarding the level of ignorance in Scotland around economic facts; deficit, Barnett, HS2 being part paid by Scotland,  GERS etc etc made me realise that some mindsets are just hard-wired in to a certain blinkered way of thinking.  I can lead you to water but drinking it is up to you. You obviously have more time on your hands but I've enjoyed the exchanges....dined out on them if you like, but don't worry, I won't be billing you for expenses!

Weakened Offender
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What were you chaps originally in disagreement over?

Free tampons, believe it or not. 

8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Free tampons, believe it or not. 

😂😂

I do love kickback.

On 04/05/2021 at 23:54, Governor Tarkin said:

Perhaps his best contribution to the thread. 

5 hours ago, coconut doug said:

It has nothing to with that and everything to do with the fact that we live in a kleptocracy and that you are an advocate for it. 

This is not the 1970s or the Soviet Union, this is the Uk where millions now rely on foodbanks and the poor are getting poorer and you are an advocate for it. 

You cannot discuss the points raised as they are irrefutable examples of the corruption endemic in our country. Levels of inequality and indebtedness are higher now than ever and still going in the wrong direction. You are one of very few people who actually support this presumably because you cannot see the destination.

The usual nonsense about bitterness and the politics of envy stuff is just more rubbish. Being concerned about the wellbeing of society does not make you bitter, quite the opposite. It's not me harking back to the days when children went up chimneys. It's you that stated you think people should come home from work exhaused.

I wonder why you used inverted commas for the phrase piling up in the street. I can only assume you are quoting Daily Mail. It's a widely held view and often repeated by those with a political agenda that bodies did pile up on the streets. Obviously it never actually happened. It was just a lie to smear the working class and like many similar lies it gets aired now and again to reinforce the prejudices of the gullible and bigoted.

Our society is corrupt and getting significantly worse under the current regime. Almost everybody i know irrespective of their political allegience knows it. That's the issue, not recycling lies and half truths from half a century ago. It must be really difficult to defend this gov and PM in normal life so i suppose that's why you do it from a positon of anonymity on here. Even then though you cannot engage with the issues and only try to deflect them with personal comments and false comparisons.

You'd think it was in everyone's interests to tackle corruption since it costs us all, irrespective of who is in power. But the cultist - "we won, you lost" mentality allows bare-faced corruption to occur now without anyone blinking an eyelid. When discussin BoJo's latest round of corruption, the BBC even had the temerity to ask "who cares"? Sadly, they may have had a point.    

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

giphy.gif

coconut doug
2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

You'd think it was in everyone's interests to tackle corruption since it costs us all, irrespective of who is in power. But the cultist - "we won, you lost" mentality allows bare-faced corruption to occur now without anyone blinking an eyelid. When discussin BoJo's latest round of corruption, the BBC even had the temerity to ask "who cares"? Sadly, they may have had a point.    

All the allegations of corruption are "conspiracy theories" apparently. Despite unemployment being around 4% there are huge numbers of spongers dragging our economy down, more so in Scotland where we are badly educated and have a particular problem with our dependency culture they tell us.

These things are hugely debilitating they say but turn a blind eye to this  https://medium.com/shit-britain/the-bumper-uk-conservative-government-corruption-thread-26d6e0fcd673 (taken from another thread). The scale and blatant nature of the corruption is massive but still they say it would be better to have this than independence.

The BBC do have a point and they have played a part in desensitising the people into accepting this corruption. People now accept corruption as the new normal and the Tories ride high in the polls in England. Kuensberg and others rarely ask difficult questions and Boris is allowed to laugh it all off. With Corbyn and Sturgeon they make up stuff to try and discredit them. The lies on Marr about Scotland's covid death rates and the deliberate failure to explain why Scotland's vaccination rate momentarily dipped below that of England or the nightly anti-semitism/ terrorism attacks on Corbyn. 

Honest government should be a priority for any civilised country but it seems we are not civilsed any more.

The Real Maroonblood
20 hours ago, coconut doug said:

All the allegations of corruption are "conspiracy theories" apparently. Despite unemployment being around 4% there are huge numbers of spongers dragging our economy down, more so in Scotland where we are badly educated and have a particular problem with our dependency culture they tell us.

These things are hugely debilitating they say but turn a blind eye to this  https://medium.com/shit-britain/the-bumper-uk-conservative-government-corruption-thread-26d6e0fcd673 (taken from another thread). The scale and blatant nature of the corruption is massive but still they say it would be better to have this than independence.

The BBC do have a point and they have played a part in desensitising the people into accepting this corruption. People now accept corruption as the new normal and the Tories ride high in the polls in England. Kuensberg and others rarely ask difficult questions and Boris is allowed to laugh it all off. With Corbyn and Sturgeon they make up stuff to try and discredit them. The lies on Marr about Scotland's covid death rates and the deliberate failure to explain why Scotland's vaccination rate momentarily dipped below that of England or the nightly anti-semitism/ terrorism attacks on Corbyn. 

Honest government should be a priority for any civilised country but it seems we are not civilsed any more.

Fair comment.