Let the bodies pile high in their thousands

ri Alban

Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Those two sentences just end that entire argument. 

No they don't. 2 different countries on the same island with totally different ways of thinking! All the countries in the UK are different. I don't want to be called English, Welsh, NI and especially not British. 

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Governor Tarkin

• ri Alban

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

No they don't. 2 different countries on the same island with totally different ways of thinking! All the countries in the UK are different. I don't want to be called English, Welsh, NI and especially not British. 

That's what I'm saying. 👍 Reston got it wrong, which is hardly surprising when he lives in hillbilly country. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed. I don't admire any politician enough to swap 2 generations of pain for a booklet of paper that says I'm different from the English...and why swap the UK union for the European Union?- Dat's just crazee talk!

Absolutely.  Well said.

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm an Edinburgh man myself

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's what I'm saying. 👍 Reston got it wrong, which is hardly surprising when he lives in hillbilly country. 

👍

Auld Reekin'
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Oi! Plenty sound folk down here in the backwoods, boondocks, and bayous of the Lower Tweed Delta, I'll have you know! (Just not the voted-tory-for-generations lot - unfortunately we do have more than our fair share of them - and the other knee-jerk unionists.)

38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You do realise that each failing that you accuse Johnson of, equally applies to Sturgeon whose decision making, on everything from testing, track and trace, the cover up of the Nike scandal and the criminal policy of decanting positive patients into care homes,caused hundreds of deaths. They believed the ridiculous scientific modelling, based on a grossly exaggerated assumption that 80% of the population would be susceptible to a virus that was never credible, lockdown or not. Scientists  too have serious failings to address.

Thanks for yet again missing the main point, not condemning your tory overlord and making the case for independence. We followed the UK & SAGE advice to the letter - so you know where to place the blame.

But you won't. A total and utter cultist, at least as blinkered as the most strident SNP supporter. 

coconut doug
5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There is no evidence of pubs and restaurants being responsible for any significant spread of Covid,  never mind deaths. There IS evidence,  as the revised report makes clear, and tbh, you only need common sense to understand this, that decanting positive Covid patients into care homes caused hundreds of deaths. 

A government minister disagrees. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-cases-pubs-restaurants-covid-nadhim-zahawi-b904636.html 

Public health England disagree too. Here's what they said in response to the Daily Mail nonsense via full fact https://fullfact.org/health/its-wrong-to-say-that-only-3-of-covid-19-cases-are-caused-by-restaurants-and-pubs/

and a quote from the document telling us where those affected had been in the previous 2 to 7 days.

Between 10 August and 24 September, the most common event recorded was eating out, reported by 14.6% of people who tested positive, followed by shopping, reported by 13.4%. 

And the PH Scotland report - Like almost all cases it is very difficult if not impossible to determine the source. They did a statistical analysis though and found no link between hospital discharge and increased covid cases. This does not mean it did not happen but it does mean it did not happen on a statistically significant scale. Alternatively statisticians do not understand statistics, public health bodies don't understand public health and the common sense you claim to be in possession of is actually common.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh apologises for mis gendering you ! It is now the crime of the century . Me  of all people doing this too . I’ll just put my head in the oven now . Night 😂

Dutch oven?? 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

He?? Another fandan who assumes my gender. 

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You will always be classed as British. 

It's the island of which you hail from. 

Your passport even if it was scottish would have a nationality as British. 

The island you live on is great Britain. 

Nothing you can say or do will change this 

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Oi! Plenty sound folk down here in the backwoods, boondocks, and bayous of the Lower Tweed Delta, I'll have you know! (Just not the voted-tory-for-generations lot - unfortunately we do have more than our fair share of them - and the other knee-jerk unionists.)

But mostly costal folk who were fooled into voting for brexit in the hope of bringing fishing back to the community. 

Eyemouth especially so. 

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, coconut doug said:

A government minister disagrees. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-cases-pubs-restaurants-covid-nadhim-zahawi-b904636.html 

Public health England disagree too. Here's what they said in response to the Daily Mail nonsense via full fact https://fullfact.org/health/its-wrong-to-say-that-only-3-of-covid-19-cases-are-caused-by-restaurants-and-pubs/

and a quote from the document telling us where those affected had been in the previous 2 to 7 days.

Between 10 August and 24 September, the most common event recorded was eating out, reported by 14.6% of people who tested positive, followed by shopping, reported by 13.4%. 

And the PH Scotland report - Like almost all cases it is very difficult if not impossible to determine the source. They did a statistical analysis though and found no link between hospital discharge and increased covid cases. This does not mean it did not happen but it does mean it did not happen on a statistically significant scale. Alternatively statisticians do not understand statistics, public health bodies don't understand public health and the common sense you claim to be in possession of is actually common.

The report that you refer to , claiming 30% of cases came from hospitality,  is the dodgy dossier using flawed data from America right?  It was widely discredited at the time.

The PHE document is pretty vague tbh and does not present any evidence to counter the 3% rate.

You really only need common sense,  not a statistical report, to know that decanting positive patients into a care home is going to produce multiple more infections than eating out in hospitality will do. Yes?

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Thanks for yet again missing the main point, not condemning your tory overlord and making the case for independence. We followed the UK & SAGE advice to the letter - so you know where to place the blame.

But you won't. A total and utter cultist, at least as blinkered as the most strident SNP supporter. 

He also said he would rather "die in a ditch" than not get Brexit done.   Do you think he meant that too? He shouldn't have said it, agreed. 

12 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Criminal to even think that on an island 838 miles long, there are people who still claim or want to believe they are any different to someone living somewhere else on such a small island. 

It's embarrassing. 

English Welsh or Scottish, it doesn't matter we are all British and nothing will change that. 

😁😁😁😁 Good trolling 

11 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Poppycock. You grew up on the same piece of rock as someone further down the island than you.

They are no different to you and I. Pay the same tax, have the same health system, same policing, laws and common interests. 

Forget politics. Its irrelevant. Doesn't matter who is in the hot seat. It's the same guff every year. All talk no action. 

You could move anywhere on this island and not be out of place on it so I don't agree with your statement. 

Scotland won't decide to go independent. It has no need to go independent on such a small island. 

What needs to happen is for a strong leader of people to drag this island back to better times than it currently is now. 

Brexit will help. But it's a marathon not a sprint. 

I take it you will be campaigning for the kiddy on country of NI to revert to being part of the country of Ireland on their wee Island

48 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He also said he would rather "die in a ditch" than not get Brexit done.   Do you think he meant that too? He shouldn't have said it, agreed. 

You can't have a prime minister who you have to second guess whether he's saying what he means or not.

24 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I take it you will be campaigning for the kiddy on country of NI to revert to being part of the country of Ireland on their wee Island

It's a ridiculous argument, can countries only be separated by water?  

Would be surprised if he sees this through unless he can find an even more lying, cheating adviser that can con notably working class England with some jingoism, xenophobia and a lot of prejudice who don't even realise that he is prejudicing against them.

What's Dominic Cummings doing just now?  He seems the type to help out.

But more seriously that's some turnaround to couldn't give a toss, take it seriously after a 50.50 chance of dying from it, to having enough anti bodies after catching it to not giving a toss again.

The Mighty Thor

Let the bodies pile high in their thousands?

Never let it be said that Alexander de Pfeffel is nothing other than a man of his word.

127,000 so far 👍

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

It's a ridiculous argument, can countries only be separated by water?  

The latest pish I see everywhere is that they’ll annexe parts of Scotland to stay in the union :rofl:

Ended up debating with a daft aberdonian the other week who started by saying he wasn’t getting dragged out the union by weejys to then saying it should be a vote by the whole U.K. So then I asked if he doesn’t want taken out the union by people in his own country but would he be happy if the whole uk voted for us to leave or would he want a say in a theoretical Welsh indyref for example. He said yes :lol: so he doesn’t want weejys deciding anything for him but he wants to poke his nose into Welsh matters or he’d accept it if England votes us out 🤪They’re absolutely all over the fecking place now. It’s all about confusion and muddying tactics. I find it extremely amusing the nick they’re getting themselves in. 

Seems Boris is being isolated by senior tolies in number 10. No good. Poor lads on a shoogly peg.

8 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

I’m European.

No amount of referendums will change that fact either.

Gove's up front hrrbl bstrd v. Johnson's bumbling loveable buffon image but in reality a rght fckng hrrbl bstrd too.

Thank you Abrdn.

It's the way forward past the JKB swearing filter.

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m European.

:spoton:

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m European.

Who are you, Mike Russell?

I've never heard anyone in Scotland regard themselves European except that daft auld goat :rofl:

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I've never heard anyone in Scotland regard themselves European except that daft auld goat :rofl:

Proud European here, Nucky. 🇪🇺

Man of the people and man of the world. 

:greggy:

Mars plastic
10 hours ago, Gizmo said:

You're ludicrous. You know fine well Boris was an exponent of "herd immunity" and "letting the virus take its course" from the off, getting all his ideas from the stunted, wannabe intellectual, eugenics freakshow Cummings, having to repeatedly be reigned in. I know you see yourself as British but that doesn't mean your patriotism need extend to living with your head stuck up Johnson's arsehole. He absolutely does not give a flying **** about you, anyone else stupid enough to vote for him or the rest of us either. 

Look at the situations in Brazil and India and try and dare tell us that unchecked Covid-19 isn't an absolute horrow-show. Funny how the EU has cost "thousands of lives" whereas you never even mention the 127,000 odd that have died here, needlessly, due to the Tories inept handling of the crisis. And no, going all-in on vaccine procurement after ****ing up returning infected people to care homes*, fake PPE companies costing the safety and health of those on the front line, locking down too late, the ridiculous "go back to the offices" and "eat out to help out"1 schemes which abso-****ing-lutely helped raise cases, to the "it's absolutely safe to return to school" the day before cancelling that, or the Christmas cluster-**** wasn't revolutionary, it was just a last ditch gamble. Glad they did get the orders in first but he's in the red here - if that AZ blood clotting issue had been more common, we'd be in severe trouble.

Inept, incompetent and utterly unfit for office with blood on his hands and a good wodge of our tax payers stuffed into his bit on the side's *****-pack. 

But, no doubt, Scotchland baad, Boris a-ok. 

*but but Sturgeon, Nats - yep, we followed the UK lead to our shame, here too
1 - https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/centres/cage/news/30-10-20-eat_out_to_help_out_scheme_drove_new_covid_19_infections_up_by_between_8_and_17_new_research_finds/

Rabid.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m European.

Fair comment.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Would be surprised if he sees this through unless he can find an even more lying, cheating adviser that can con notably working class England with some jingoism, xenophobia and a lot of prejudice who don't even realise that he is prejudicing against them.

What's Dominic Cummings doing just now?  He seems the type to help out.

But more seriously that's some turnaround to couldn't give a toss, take it seriously after a 50.50 chance of dying from it, to having enough anti bodies after catching it to not giving a toss again.

Well said. A wonderfully worked con of modern times

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Let the bodies pile high in their thousands?

Never let it be said that Alexander de Pfeffel is nothing other than a man of his word.

127,000 so far 👍

Always delivers does our Boris

24 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seems Boris is being isolated by senior tolies in number 10. No good. Poor lads on a shoogly peg.

Tolies? Quite apt. I think he's been the stool pigeon all along. Boris is being thrown under the bus and the manoeuvres will have been taking place since the day he was appointed. Wouldn't surprise me if he left politics fairly soon and picked up one of these company director gigs that they all seem such big fans of, or perhaps after dinner bullshit spraffing? Either way, Boris can go and @@@@ himself - he's a nasty, self serving piece of shit

Mars plastic
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's a belter likes. Can't say I've met any Haggistani Europeans either.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I think he's been the stool pigeon all along. Boris is being thrown under the bus and the manoeuvres will have been taking place since the day he was appointed. 

Plan A, as they refer to it at Tory HQ. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye. I can imagine you speaking to a Yank or Aussie in some far flung place.  'I'm Guv fae Europe, please to meet you' :biggrin2:

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye. I can imagine you speaking to a Yank or Aussie in some far flung place.  'I'm Guv fae Europe, please to meet you' :biggrin2:

Well you wouldn't catch me speaking to an Aussie for a start. Not a white one anyway. Bunch of irritating ****s. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Well you wouldn't catch me speaking to an Aussie for a start. Not a white one anyway. Bunch of irritating ****s. 

The females are alright :thumbsup:

Mars plastic
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:lol: 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A lot of Yanks probably don’t know where Europe is.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The females are alright :thumbsup:

To look at. 

Once they open their mouths they're indistinguishable from their male counterparts. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Correct. You need to give them the largest geographical target to aim for on the map. 

Jeffros Furios
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A lot of weegies don't know what a bar of soap is. 

27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

24 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I’m with the Governor here.

Best continent on the planet. Fact...etc !

Roxy Hearts
9 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

My birth certificate doesn't state I'm British. You be British if you want as I couldn't care less about it. I respect each individual country in these Isles but loathe our association with its governance. If being British supercedes being Scottish then I prefer European as it supercedes it as the bigger construct. I'm Scottish, I was born in Scotland, our country exists as Scotland. Have a good day.

JudyJudyJudy
51 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Very true . When I lived in Houston Texas a few didn’t have a clue wgere Scotland was ! “ is it in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿?  😂 but to be fair most were a nice bunch of people