• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Governor Tarkin

• ri Alban

dobmisterdobster

Just realised. We are going to have to hear Blackford drone on about this in his shrill nasally drawl at PMQs.

Jamstomorrow
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Anyone got a recording of him saying it?

Is there any proof whatsoever?

So far, merely an allegation.  However we do know the following to be true and Robertson was roundly slated for it:

A PROMINENT ally of Nicola Sturgeon has been accused of “a new low for the SNP” after saying the death of old people was delivering a “gain” for independence.

Angus Robertson, a former SNP deputy leader who is trying to become an MSP, said “55,000 predominantly No supporting voters [were] passing away every year”.

Combined with more Yes-supporting young people reaching voting age, that had produced a “gain of over 100,000 for independence” since the referendum of 2014.

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

So far, merely an allegation.  However we do know the following to be true and Robertson was roundly slated for it:

A PROMINENT ally of Nicola Sturgeon has been accused of “a new low for the SNP” after saying the death of old people was delivering a “gain” for independence.

Angus Robertson, a former SNP deputy leader who is trying to become an MSP, said “55,000 predominantly No supporting voters [were] passing away every year”.

Combined with more Yes-supporting young people reaching voting age, that had produced a “gain of over 100,000 for independence” since the referendum of 2014.

Start a thread. 

coconut doug
3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Yes it is true. Are we not allowed to say the truth anymore?

Nucky Thompson
Just now, coconut doug said:

:rofl:

Brighton Jambo
56 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I acknowledge that a politician being a "person of faith" matters in countries like the USA, BJ, but do you really think it has any bearing in UK politics, i.e. do you think that certain politicians being religious sways voters of faith in any way, rather than the policies that the politicians and their parties are espousing? Personally, I would imagine that this isn't the case.

I don’t think it will sway many but I think that those of the Hindu faith who saw Sunak observing his faith outside the door of number 11 will have been pleased.  I also think that for those practising other minority faiths it will be a pleasant change to see someone of his ilk in number ten.  I don’t think it will have any baring on Christians for example.  

I don’t think it’s a game changer by any stretch but when added to all his other qualities and appealing features he makes a good potential PM.  

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Maybe that's why the SG sent the covid bombs back into the care homes, Nucky. 

Knock off a few extra No voters in readiness for next year's spring offensive. 

A cynical but effective ploy. You can't help but admire that kind of ruthlessness. 

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If that man becomes PM I am voted SNP and Yes.  You heard it hear first.  

:lol: 

Jeffros Furios

Gove taking questions in Westminster and I wouldn't say he's covering BJ"s back .

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Gove taking questions in Westminster and I wouldn't say he's covering BJ"s back .

He smells blood 

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Fan of Gove, are you? 

Malinga the Swinga
35 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If that man becomes PM I am voted SNP and Yes.  You heard it hear first.  

Gove sets a high level of being an untrustworthy *****, in an occupation where being an untrustworthy ***** is seen as pre-requisite. 

A face you would never tire of slapping. 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Fan of Gove, are you? 

He doesn't seem a likeable chap .

coconut doug
52 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Maybe that's why the SG sent the covid bombs back into the care homes, Nucky. 

Knock off a few extra No voters in readiness for next year's spring offensive. 

A cynical but effective ploy. You can't help but admire that kind of ruthlessness. 

Seems they weren't very good at that either. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56834412

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Absolute fecking scum bag Robertson but thats the class of the nats - none.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

:lol:

dobmisterdobster
46 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He did what was needed of him. Played a straight bat, gave the opposition nothing to work with.

Plus he put Alison Thewlis in her place. Decent performance.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

snp only political party on earth who hope their elderly die if they dont vote for them - scum 

The Real Maroonblood
Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

More fool Boris who couldn't see the machievallian aspirations of this mutated freak and trusted him. Cummings missed his calling, there was a part in LoTR up for grabs and it would have saved the make-up & cgi departments a fortune. 

Honestly, as much as I despise about 98% of politicians, this guy wasn't even ****ing elected and deserves to be nailed to the wall by his scrotum, if anyone could stomach such a sight for long enough to hammer the nails in. 

That not a single craven 'journalist' asked the obvious questions in the "rose garden" of this creepy wee james hunt shows the absolute nadir of a cess pit country we've sunk to. And the wee wretched shitbag is the flag bearer for this shitty, corrupt union as he spreads more manure about the place. 

Gollum faced freakshow. 

Remember that scene in Moonraker when the beardy guy playing God in his space station tells Jaws and his wee big-titted girl, sorry but you ain't making the cut and are destined for the air-lock? That's Cummings, the dumb eugenics loving arse - henchman for policies that would see him first into the pit for being a total horrowshow, baby-scaring, pseudo-intellectual .    

32idikzkiy4t.gif

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nats always have the knack of pretending that the country thinks as one. "Scotland " demands this, "Scotland " unhappy with this etc. The country is made up of individuals with their own views and priorities. Most folk care about their families, incomes,  jobs etc and don't give a s**t about "Scotland ".

Criminal to even think that on an island 838 miles long, there are people who still claim or want to believe they are any different to someone living somewhere else on such a small island. 

It's embarrassing. 

English Welsh or Scottish, it doesn't matter we are all British and nothing will change that. 

2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Jesus wept. 

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

More fool Boris who couldn't see the machievallian aspirations of this mutated freak and trusted him. Cummings missed his calling, there was a part in LoTR up for grabs and it would have saved the make-up & cgi departments a fortune. 

Honestly, as much as I despise about 98% of politicians, this guy wasn't even ****ing elected and deserves to be nailed to the wall by his scrotum, if anyone could stomach such a sight for long enough to hammer the nails in. 

That not a single craven 'journalist' asked the obvious questions in the "rose garden" of this creepy wee james hunt shows the absolute nadir of a cess pit country we've sunk to. And the wee wretched shitbag is the flag bearer for this shitty, corrupt union as he spreads more manure about the place. 

Gollum faced freakshow. 

Remember that scene in Moonraker when the beardy guy playing God in his space station tells Jaws and his wee big-titted girl, sorry but you ain't making the cut and are destined for the air-lock? That's Cummings, the dumb eugenics loving arse - henchman for policies that would see him first into the pit for being a total horrowshow, baby-scaring, pseudo-intellectual .    

32idikzkiy4t.gif

:greatpost:

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Gollum faced freakshow. 

32idikzkiy4t.gif

Bang on the cash☺️

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Why 'especially in Scotland'? 

What makes the Scots so special that they should be uniquely outraged by this? 

Surely everybody should be disgusted. 

Scots love the NHS so much they will drink, smoke and stab more than anyone else to get a piece of it. 

coconut doug
51 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

In much the same way that we 'cannot rule out' that tomorrow is Tuesday. 

A false comparison. There are lots of reasons Covid spread in care homes and these were addressed in the report and ranked according to their effect. The deaths of patients could not be directly attributed to hospital discharge. A lack of appropriate ppe, badly trained staff and high turnover of staff were all given as reasons. 

Obviously nobody can rule hospital discharges out. Nevertheless Covid was always going to get into care homes just as it did in every other area of society. Determining how infection andspread took place was always difficult but easy for the Unionists to blame it on Scotgov. That they have no facts or evidence to support their claim doesn't matter they just keep making the allegations.

If you live in Australia tomorrow is Wednesday.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Your mate Salmond said GCHQ and not the Russians poisoned the Skripals.

:illogical:

Do you have any proof that he said this?

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Certainly is. A means to an end, as is the case with every nationalist movement in history.

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Criminal to even think that on an island 838 miles long, there are people who still claim or want to believe they are any different to someone living somewhere else on such a small island. 

It's embarrassing. 

English Welsh or Scottish, it doesn't matter we are all British and nothing will change that. 

I grew up in a different country with different infrastructure and challenges to someone living in London and what's good for them and the challenges they face isn't necessarily what's good for me and mine.

That's a fact, Scotland's about half the physical size of England with about 10% of the population, we face different challenges, not to mention that the population of the respective countries think and vote very differently.

People can pretend there's no difference but it's ignoring the reality of the situation.

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

A false comparison. There are lots of reasons Covid spread in care homes and these were addressed in the report and ranked according to their effect. The deaths of patients could not be directly attributed to hospital discharge. A lack of appropriate ppe, badly trained staff and high turnover of staff were all given as reasons. 

Obviously nobody can rule hospital discharges out. Nevertheless Covid was always going to get into care homes just as it did in every other area of society. Determining how infection andspread took place was always difficult but easy for the Unionists to blame it on Scotgov. That they have no facts or evidence to support their claim doesn't matter they just keep making the allegations.

If you live in Australia tomorrow is Wednesday.

So the same mob who claim that going to a pub or restaurant, sitting at a table with another couple of households, risks spreading Covid and must be closed for months BUT allegedly, decanting Covid positive patients into a care home full of elderly, vulnerable people is not responsible for outbreaks in care homes?  How stupid do politicians and their acolytes think the people are??? There is good, common sense evidence that one event was responsible for hundreds of deaths while the other was not responsible for many, if any.

Enzo Chiefo
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That's the thing about Brit nats  they think that Scots will give a feck what they think, and the fact they managed to win in 2014 with bribes and extra votes from EU and rUK citizens (approx 1m). Well this is democracy and Scotland will decide and you and your fellow British nationalists can suck my big hairy Scottish bawsack. 

Me too. My polite , mocking tolerance of the separatists is wearing thin. Sturgeon, Salmond, Harvie nor any other Jocko Nat will take my British nationality or British passport from me! 🇬🇧

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

This. 

The less lunatics who believe in sky fairies the better.

Agreed . Politics and religion should never meet . I don’t give a damn what mystical mythical crap they believe in as long as they are competent and do not let their beliefs influence policy 

coconut doug
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So the same mob who claim that going to a pub or restaurant, sitting at a table with another couple of households, risks spreading Covid and must be closed for months BUT allegedly, decanting Covid positive patients into a care home full of elderly, vulnerable people is not responsible for outbreaks in care homes?  How stupid do politicians and their acolytes think the people are??? There is good, common sense evidence that one event was responsible for hundreds of deaths while the other was not responsible for many, if any.

It's the scientists and statisticians getting it wrong again is it? The biggest factor for catching Covid depended on the size of the care home apparently. A bit like expecting to be more likely to catch it in The Standing Order rather than The Oxford Bar.

Totally understandable imo.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

It's the scientists and statisticians getting it wrong again is it? The biggest factor for catching Covid depended on the size of the care home apparently. A bit like expecting to be more likely to catch it in The Standing Order rather than The Oxford Bar.

Yeah but people make a choice to go to the standing order or Oxford bar unlike those sent to their deaths in care homes 

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Me too. My polite , mocking tolerance of the separatists is wearing thin. Sturgeon, Salmond, Harvie nor any other Jocko Nat will take my British nationality or British passport from me! 🇬🇧

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

There is no evidence of pubs and restaurants being responsible for any significant spread of Covid,  never mind deaths. There IS evidence,  as the revised report makes clear, and tbh, you only need common sense to understand this, that decanting positive Covid patients into care homes caused hundreds of deaths. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgeons government has blood on their hands with the care home fiasco and no spin will remove that

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Smiley overkill today was it the shandy   or because you got out thumbed today?

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I grew up in a different country with different infrastructure and challenges to someone living in London and what's good for them and the challenges they face isn't necessarily what's good for me and mine.

That's a fact, Scotland's about half the physical size of England with about 10% of the population, we face different challenges, not to mention that the population of the respective countries think and vote very differently.

People can pretend there's no difference but it's ignoring the reality of the situation.

Poppycock. You grew up on the same piece of rock as someone further down the island than you.

They are no different to you and I. Pay the same tax, have the same health system, same policing, laws and common interests. 

Forget politics. Its irrelevant. Doesn't matter who is in the hot seat. It's the same guff every year. All talk no action. 

You could move anywhere on this island and not be out of place on it so I don't agree with your statement. 

Scotland won't decide to go independent. It has no need to go independent on such a small island. 

What needs to happen is for a strong leader of people to drag this island back to better times than it currently is now. 

Brexit will help. But it's a marathon not a sprint. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Smiley overkill today was it the shandy   or because you got out thumbed today?

This thread has got your cage rattled today which is

:glorious: