***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

This stuff is revolutionary. I just don't know how the club keeps coming up with these brilliant innovative ideas. Thank **** no other team has thought of this, we might get a head start with this. It's almost 5 years ahead of It's time.....

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

8 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

OK but best not to go round talking about negative attitudes while at the same time putting a negative spin on anything Robbie says. 

😂

RN stating that Top 6 is the next target in the 3 year plan and admitting he’ll sign some more players who won’t do a job doesn’t exactly need my help to put a negative spin on this weeks ramblings.

13 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Andy Halliday has had a decent season in my opinion.

Can play in a variety of positions, not scared to put the foot in and neat and tidy on the ball. He has chipped in with a few assists and goals too.

He will be very much part of the squad next season.

I agree I think Halliday has been fine, definite target for some but in the main he has done a job at left back and in the middle. He will be better next season against better opponents and with fans back in aswell

No issues with having Halliday on the bench next season although would worry about him against the better teams. Will be a solid 6/10 against bottom half sides 

There should be no more than 3 or 4 new players signed this summer. Who by is for another thread.

The players identified should be referred to the board for approval - hopefully allowing JJ time to consider the player before approving or denying the football department to proceed or investigate other signings.

The coaching staff should be told that their main job is to improve the current squad - something ever other SPFL manager needs to do. New signings should be quality over quantity. If we can sign good players from our immediate rivals then so much the better as it weakens them while improving us. McInnes did it very well at Aberdeen.

Gone are the days of allowing the signings of 8 or 9 players. Target players with the strengths you need for the positions you need to improve, or the system you want to play. 

31 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Jamie Brandon signed a two year contract extension last summer - before Robbie joined - so unless we have some sort of get out clause or we can move him on (unlikely while he’s injured) he’s here for the next year. After that is a different matter. 

We've moved on loads of players that were still under contract over the last few years.

Don't think Brandon is fit so would be surprised if he moved on, with the injuries he's had another year with Hearts could be his last in professional football, he'll be earning peanuts as well

Keeping the lad for his last year and letting him find a trade would be very inexpensive and the right thing to do.

Trying to force him to leave is being dickish for the sake of it imo

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Don't think Brandon is fit so would be surprised if he moved on, with the injuries he's had another year with Hearts could be his last in professional football, he'll be earning peanuts as well

Keeping the lad for his last year and letting him find a trade would be very inexpensive and the right thing to do.

Trying to force him to leave is being dickish for the sake of it imo

I think we will loan him for the season then release him at the end of his contract. I think he needs to play regularly and hopefully have some good luck after so many bad injuries.

Niemi’s gloves
49 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

😂

RN stating that Top 6 is the next target in the 3 year plan and admitting he’ll sign some more players who won’t do a job doesn’t exactly need my help to put a negative spin on this weeks ramblings.

The first part of your sentence is exactly what I mean by putting a negative spin on things. Once again, talking about top 6 doesn’t rule out higher; and saying that not all signings work out is pretty innocuous, as even some anti-Robbie posters have admitted. 

14 minutes ago, hawaii said:

There should be no more than 3 or 4 new players signed this summer. Who by is for another thread.

The players identified should be referred to the board for approval - hopefully allowing JJ time to consider the player before approving or denying the football department to proceed or investigate other signings.

The coaching staff should be told that their main job is to improve the current squad - something ever other SPFL manager needs to do. New signings should be quality over quantity. If we can sign good players from our immediate rivals then so much the better as it weakens them while improving us. McInnes did it very well at Aberdeen.

Gone are the days of allowing the signings of 8 or 9 players. Target players with the strengths you need for the positions you need to improve, or the system you want to play. 

I think we will be seeing more than 3 or 4 new players.

If you look at the number of players who are out of contract or moving or loan signings that we probably wont keep or extend.

Berra, Cochrane and Wighton are all going.

Irving, White, Frear and Zlamal are out of contract and unlikely to stay.

Kastaneer and Stewart are on loan.

I would imagine Robbie has also spoken with one or two others who still have contracts buit he may want them to move on such as Damour.

Naismith is considering retiring so all in all we will be losing quite a high number of players. Admittedly many are either not playing or are a waste of time anyway but it still reduces the options losing so many players.

I know we would rather have a bit better quality than just numbers but if you look through the team then we need the following.

Goalkeeper

Centre Back (at least one)

Full Back

Attacking Midfielder

Winger

Striker

So for me that is 6 or 7 players required to have a  decent squad.

Rick Sanchez

“We've offered what we think is a very good contract and we've got a plan for Andy but we need to hear back and that's the difficulty of it. We need to plan for next season but we don't really know where we're going to be for next season on that one."

Hearing back is the difficulty of it? Take the contract off the table is what we should be doing. I think he'll leave based on his comments, thankfully.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

😂

I don't think he actually said he'll sign players that won't do a job.

It was more a generalisation that as with all clubs you sign players that you think are right but they turn out not to be.

A shining example of that would be Frear. I don't think Robbie signed him thinking that he would be the disaster he turned out to be.

He is probably trying to limit the expectations such as we had with some of the signings with players like Damour.

I am sure that he is hoping to sign as many successes as possible from those that Joe Savage finds for him.

Niemi’s gloves
27 minutes ago, hawaii said:

I mostly agree with this with a couple of reservations. Firstly, there probably does need to be more than 4 incoming this summer. Secondly, giving an advisor to the board an effective veto over signings is maybe taking things too far, though asking RN/JS to fully explain their thinking to the board with JJ having an input is reasonable. 

But in the longer term a maximum of 6 new players a season - 4 to 5 in the summer and one or two in the winter window - does seem sensible. Not a rigid ceiling - a serious  injury to an existing key player might mean an exception- and of course players stepping up from the youth squad would be in addition. Ultimately the aim should be to get what outperforming clubs have - within an overall squad of 20+,  an inner core of perhaps eight or nine players who stay for an extended period of typically 5-8 years.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think we will be seeing more than 3 or 4 new players.

If you look at the number of players who are out of contract or moving or loan signings that we probably wont keep or extend.

Berra, Cochrane and Wighton are all going.

Irving, White, Frear and Zlamal are out of contract and unlikely to stay.

Kastaneer and Stewart are on loan.

I would imagine Robbie has also spoken with one or two others who still have contracts buit he may want them to move on such as Damour.

Naismith is considering retiring so all in all we will be losing quite a high number of players. Admittedly many are either not playing or are a waste of time anyway but it still reduces the options losing so many players.

I know we would rather have a bit better quality than just numbers but if you look through the team then we need the following.

Goalkeeper

Centre Back (at least one)

Full Back

Attacking Midfielder

Winger

Striker

So for me that is 6 or 7 players required to have a  decent squad.

I agree with much of that. However there comes a time when we must start using our own young players. In my opinion that should have been this season to give them experience. I would suggest we have some young fullbacks who deserve a chance (Cammy Logan), Connor Smith to be given an extended run as a winger instead of some of those we have seen this season brought in on loan.

I would imagine we would NEED to sign a goalkeeper, centre back and midfielder. The goalkeeper would be a backup. Priority for me would be an experienced centre back to play with Souttar and an all round midfielder to complement Haring.

19 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The first part of your sentence is exactly what I mean by putting a negative spin on things. Once again, talking about top 6 doesn’t rule out higher; and saying that not all signings work out is pretty innocuous, as even some anti-Robbie posters have admitted. 

I’m not putting a negative spin on it......his words were Top 6 is the target.....you seem to be ok with that. I’m really not. It’s such a soft target for Hearts.....or it certainly used to be.

Once again.....we are fully aware that not all signing don’t work out.....we’ve seen more than enough examples of it in recent years. He really didn’t need to remind us his successful signing ratio in the last two windows was littered with players who weren’t all like Pele.

Sometimes adding fuel to the fire isn’t the best idea.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I don't think he actually said he'll sign players that won't do a job.

It was more a generalisation that as with all clubs you sign players that you think are right but they turn out not to be.

A shining example of that would be Frear. I don't think Robbie signed him thinking that he would be the disaster he turned out to be.

He is probably trying to limit the expectations such as we had with some of the signings with players like Damour.

I am sure that he is hoping to sign as many successes as possible from those that Joe Savage finds for him.

He is doing a great job.

51 minutes ago, hawaii said:

There will be closer to 10 signings....there has to be or we’ll have a first team squad full of kids who’ve barely kicked a ball in 18 months.

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

“We've offered what we think is a very good contract and we've got a plan for Andy but we need to hear back and that's the difficulty of it. We need to plan for next season but we don't really know where we're going to be for next season on that one."

Hearing back is the difficulty of it? Take the contract off the table is what we should be doing. I think he'll leave based on his comments, thankfully.

We remove the contract we probably remove our right to a development fee.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I’m not putting a negative spin on it......his words were Top 6 is the target.....you seem to be ok with that. I’m really not. It’s such a soft target for Hearts.....or it certainly used to be.

Once again.....we are fully aware that not all signing don’t work out.....we’ve seen more than enough examples of it in recent years. He really didn’t need to remind us his successful signing ratio in the last two windows was littered with players who weren’t all like Pele.

Sometimes adding fuel to the fire isn’t the best idea.

Even more alarming is that the players appear to be in line for a reward if they reach a certain points target this season which must be 57 or less. The standards we expect are lame.

I assume Robbie is being rewarded for getting us promoted. He should have been on a one year contract from the start and his reward for promotion could have been a further year in the SPL.

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

This stuff is revolutionary. I just don't know how the club keeps coming up with these brilliant innovative ideas. Thank **** no other team has thought of this, we might get a head start with this. It's almost 5 years ahead of It's time.....

ok a bit of sarcasm doesn’t go amiss but it’s worth looking at some of the things actually said in the piece such as the desirability of signing players who’ll be here for the longer term and the need for more players who are leaders on the park and can help to bring through younger players. I suspect that may partly reflect Joe Savage’s input as much as Robbie’s but either way, it’s something that’s surely worth discussing and bearing in mind when people suggest individual transfer targets.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Even more alarming is that the players appear to be in line for a reward if they reach a certain points target this season which must be 57 or less. The standards we expect are lame.

I assume Robbie is being rewarded for getting us promoted. He should have been on a one year contract from the start and his reward for promotion could have been a further year in the SPL.

It’s the sort of level of expectation I’d expect to hear from a Motherwell or Kilmarnock manager.

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Does that not only apply if he signs for another Scottish Club?

Just now, wavydavy said:

Does that not only apply if he signs for another Scottish Club?

It changes that often I’m not actually sure anymore tbh.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Halliday is perfect cover for midfield and left back. Useful player to keep for next season. 

I'd keep him as he's useful but he's been poor in a number of games this season. Needs to step it up. As do most of them to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It’s the sort of level of expectation I’d expect to hear from a Motherwell or Kilmarnock manager.

Not necessarily saying you are wrong but would you not agree top 6 is a resonable target for any newly promoted team?

And that doesn't mean he's not actually aiming for top 3.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not necessarily saying you are wrong but would you not agree top 6 is a resonable target for any newly promoted team?

And that doesn't mean he's not actually aiming for top 3.

Al.....I really don’t like conversing with you. You ask lots of questions but rarely have any real answers....just more questions.

RN stated his target is Top 6....unless you have proof he means Top 3 then it’s best to be quiet and refrain from speculation.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Won the league because he's got budget that more than whole league put together ! Lost league games to Dunfermline, Dundee, Raith and Queen of the South! Draws againt Queen of The South, Morton, Inverness, Arbroath, Dunfermline and Morton again! Out the cups to the mighty Alloa and Brora Rangers. 

Signings in the main have been dreadful, football has been eye bleeding and he got to go.

Celtic, Watford, Sunderland, Fleetwood, Juventus et al 

Niemi’s gloves
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’m not sure how you can assume that unless you have detailed knowledge of Robbie’s contract. I’d deduce from the ease with which we got rid of Stendel and his assistants that they were on contracts that terminated the deal if we were demoted. It’s at least possible that Robbie’s three year talk (promotion/top 6/push on) is a reflection of his own contract. In other words year one, promotion or your contract ends on terms well short of fully paying up the three years; year two top 6 or similar outcome; and year three less specific but an extended contract dependent on “pushing on”. 

Of course he has achieved his year one objective so either on your thinking or on my speculation, he would be entitled to continue for the season ahead.

12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It changes that often I’m not actually sure anymore tbh.

I had a look on the SFA Handbook but as usual it is not that clear if this rule applies in other Countries.

This is an extract from some of the blurb of which there is plenty.

An offer of re-engagement made in accordance with Paragraph 1.1.2.1 of this Annex 8, shall be not less favourable than the terms of the Player’s previous agreement. Should any dispute arise as to whether or not the offer of re-engagement is indeed less favourable than the terms of the Player’s previous agreement, such dispute shall be determined in accordance with the Dispute Resolution Procedure contained at Annex 2 of the Registration Procedures.

1.1.4 Such offer of re-engagement made in accordance with Paragraph 1.1.2.1 of this Annex 8 must also be lodged with the Secretary via the Online Registration Procedures or by recorded delivery post, email or fax, at the same time as it is issued to the Player.

1.1.5 Where both Clubs involved in a Player’s move from one Club to another are in membership of the Scottish Professional Football League the existing rules of the Scottish Professional Football League will at the same time require to be observed by those Clubs and will be applicable when establishing the former Club’s entitlement to compensation.

1.1.6 5% of the compensation fee will be distributed to the Club(s) involved in the training and education of the Player. This distribution will be made in proportion to the number of years the Player has been registered with the relevant Clubs between the ages of 12 and 23 applying the same percentage from within the FIFA Regulations, Solidarity Contribution, to the relevant age groups. This distribution will be apportioned amongst the Clubs concerned according to the age of the Player at the time they provided him with training and education. Payment must be made by the transferee Club within 30 days of the Player’s new registration or within 30 days of a Registration Tribunal having set the compensation fee.

Niemi’s gloves
7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Al.....I really don’t like conversing with you. You ask lots of questions but rarely have any real answers....just more questions.

RN stated his target is Top 6....unless you have proof he means Top 3 then it’s best to be quiet and refrain from speculation.

I’m not the poster you are replying to here but it seemed a reasonable post from JamboAl and asking a question is an improvement on finishing a post with “Don’t be so stupid” 

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I’m not the poster you are replying to here but it seemed a reasonable post from JamboAl and asking a question is an improvement on finishing a post with “Don’t be so stupid” 

I will sleep a little easier tonight now.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I had a look on the SFA Handbook but as usual it is not that clear if this rule applies in other Countries.

This is an extract from some of the blurb of which there is plenty.

An offer of re-engagement made in accordance with Paragraph 1.1.2.1 of this Annex 8, shall be not less favourable than the terms of the Player’s previous agreement. Should any dispute arise as to whether or not the offer of re-engagement is indeed less favourable than the terms of the Player’s previous agreement, such dispute shall be determined in accordance with the Dispute Resolution Procedure contained at Annex 2 of the Registration Procedures.

1.1.4 Such offer of re-engagement made in accordance with Paragraph 1.1.2.1 of this Annex 8 must also be lodged with the Secretary via the Online Registration Procedures or by recorded delivery post, email or fax, at the same time as it is issued to the Player.

1.1.5 Where both Clubs involved in a Player’s move from one Club to another are in membership of the Scottish Professional Football League the existing rules of the Scottish Professional Football League will at the same time require to be observed by those Clubs and will be applicable when establishing the former Club’s entitlement to compensation.

1.1.6 5% of the compensation fee will be distributed to the Club(s) involved in the training and education of the Player. This distribution will be made in proportion to the number of years the Player has been registered with the relevant Clubs between the ages of 12 and 23 applying the same percentage from within the FIFA Regulations, Solidarity Contribution, to the relevant age groups. This distribution will be apportioned amongst the Clubs concerned according to the age of the Player at the time they provided him with training and education. Payment must be made by the transferee Club within 30 days of the Player’s new registration or within 30 days of a Registration Tribunal having set the compensation fee.

I think there would still be a development fee required if it was a cross border transfers.

Celtic with Dembele, Rangers with Aribo and also ourselves with Sean Clare.

heartmussel
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Don’t really want to get involved in this should he stay or go arguement,just want to get back to my football,but statements like this to be honest I’m lost for words🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

I think there would still be a development fee required if it was a cross border transfers.

Celtic with Dembele, Rangers with Aribo and also ourselves with Sean Clare.

How would we be entitled to a Development fee for Sean Clare?

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How would we be entitled to a Development fee for Sean Clare?

Sorry.....we paid a cross border development fee for Clare. Celtic and Rangers both paid a shitty fee for Dembele and Aribo too.

If Irving goes to England we may well still be due something.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Sorry.....we paid a cross border development fee for Clare. Celtic and Rangers both paid a shitty fee for Dembele and Aribo too.

If Irving goes to England we may well still be due something.

Hopefully.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Yup. 

We want to get his attention? Drop him from the squad. Should have been done about a month ago IMO

Batistuta87
50 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup. 

We want to get his attention? Drop him from the squad. Should have been done about a month ago IMO

Stinking attitude this season. For someone who claims to be a lifelong Jambo, ex-season ticket holder, living the dream we all dream of, he needs to take a long hard look at himself. He's the one player who should know what it means to pull on the jersey, and he's really let us down. 

3 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

ok a bit of sarcasm doesn’t go amiss but it’s worth looking at some of the things actually said in the piece such as the desirability of signing players who’ll be here for the longer term and the need for more players who are leaders on the park and can help to bring through younger players. I suspect that may partly reflect Joe Savage’s input as much as Robbie’s but either way, it’s something that’s surely worth discussing and bearing in mind when people suggest individual transfer targets.

I did read the article, in great depth. I've heard it all before mate, several times over. 

Time will tell I guess, but this is where Savage will earn his crust, or be a complete waste of a good salary.

3 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Don’t really want to get involved in this should he stay or go arguement,just want to get back to my football,but statements like this to be honest I’m lost for words🤦‍♂️

Is that my statement, or Robbie's you're talking about?

27 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Stinking attitude this season. For someone who claims to be a lifelong Jambo, ex-season ticket holder, living the dream we all dream of, he needs to take a long hard look at himself. He's the one player who should know what it means to pull on the jersey, and he's really let us down. 

Yup, he started the season strongly I think, but fell away once all this contract shite came to the fore. 

Really disappointing tbh.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

HIs "target" in 2014/15 was promotion in two seasons. His long term "target" was Europe in 4 seasons. His "target" in 2015/16 was top 6. He smashed both "targets" so why would you think he doesn't want to do better than "targeting" top 6 next season? We'll be aiming as high as possible, and I think Nelson and everyone is well aware that while another manager we appoint this summer might get away with finishing 6th next season, Neilson won't survive that.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

HIs "target" in 2014/15 was promotion in two seasons. His long term target was Europe in 4 seasons. His "target" in 2015/16 was top 6. He smashed both "targets" so why would you think he doesn't want to do better than top 6?

You appear to be quite confused......I never said he doesn’t want to do better than Top 6.

3 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I’m not sure how you can assume that unless you have detailed knowledge of Robbie’s contract. I’d deduce from the ease with which we got rid of Stendel and his assistants that they were on contracts that terminated the deal if we were demoted. It’s at least possible that Robbie’s three year talk (promotion/top 6/push on) is a reflection of his own contract. In other words year one, promotion or your contract ends on terms well short of fully paying up the three years; year two top 6 or similar outcome; and year three less specific but an extended contract dependent on “pushing on”. 

Of course he has achieved his year one objective so either on your thinking or on my speculation, he would be entitled to continue for the season ahead.

So Stendel gets 4 months to avoid relegation but RN gets 8 and 2 transfer windows to get us promoted from a league we should never have been in?

Seems about right.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You appear to be quite confused......I never said he doesn’t want to do better than Top 6.

Apologies I thought you said his target is top 6, which I think he did say? I'm just saying it means nothing what we're "targeting" and he has a track record of smashing his targets more often than not in any case (not in the cups obviously, 19/20 cup aside)

heartmussel
31 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Is that my statement, or Robbie's you're talking about?

Sorry, to clarify it’s Robbies beyond belief 

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Apologies I thought you said his target is top 6, which I think he did say? I'm just saying it means nothing what we're "targeting" and he has a track record of smashing his targets more often than not in any case (not in the cups obviously, 19/20 cup aside)

I don’t think the manager of a club of our size and stature should ever be telling its supporters that its target for the coming season is Top 6.

It really doesn’t get the blood flowing.....a Top 6 finish is something Livingston would be saying it’s fans pre season ticket sales.

It just confirms his lack of awareness of what we want, expect and it’s just adds to his reputation as safe and ever so negative.

If we finish 6th next season it’ll be job done again. Which means he’ll accept one or two teams with a fraction of our budget finishing above us.

Give the fans something to get excited about ffs......don’t talk us down to average before a ball is even kicked.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***