***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

51 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He literally does not give a flying **** what fans think.

He’s safe as ******* houses 

He’s quite right to ignore it as most of it is vile nonsense spouted by those with an agenda

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Yeah but the Pele comment isn't at all provocative, he's saying that not all signings work out.

If Robbo said that we'd be nodding sagely and be impressed by his insight and wisdom, if Stendel had said it then some on here would claim it as the true word of God.

But Robbie said it and he's public enemy number one so an innocuous comment is blown up into something it isn't.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Yeah but the Pele comment isn't at all provocative, he's saying that not all signings work out.

If Robbo said that we'd be nodding sagely and be impressed by his insight and wisdom, if Stendel had said it then some on here would claim it as the true word of God.

But Robbie said it and he's public enemy number one so an innocuous comment is blown up into something it isn't.

I don’t see it as provocative either, I just think he’s full of ****. 

Like when he says one week he is going to play 4-4-2 because that’s the Hearts DNA and the next is waffling nonsense about 3 up front...before playing 3 at the back. 

Like his fans on here, he shifts his argument to deflect from his ever decreasing grasp of the situation. 

But your last sentence is correct: the only thing he can say now that will please me is “I resign”. 

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Another aimless piece in Edinburgh Live? Club going big on getting us used to the idea he is staying. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

More waffle. Does he think we are reinventing the wheel with this chat?

Do other managers come up with this stuff in the media every day or do they just get on with it on the pitch? 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Do other managers come up with this stuff in the media every day or do they just get on with it on the pitch? 

I would imagine every manager speaks to the press on a weekly basis.

I don't think as many supporters do so much analysis as those on here, expecting a manager to come up with amazing ideas and blow you away with genius tactics is mental. He is just doing his contractual obligations, just like every other manager does.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I disagree completely. Why say it at all?

Every interview he does, nowadays there’s a snidey wee dig at the punters who pay his wages. He’s becoming a very unlikeable individual. IMO of course

Edited by Jamhammer

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Good, because although there are genuine concerns, 90% of what the noisey fans shout is  emotional, slavering bile. 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I would imagine every manager speaks to the press on a weekly basis.

I don't think as many supporters do so much analysis as those on here, expecting a manager to come up with amazing ideas and blow you away with genius tactics is mental. He is just doing his contractual obligations, just like every other manager does.

Probably true but I think we’re all a bit fed up with the club telling us what they are going to do and actually just want us to do our talking on the pitch. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good, because although there are genuine concerns, 90% of what the noisey fans shout is  emotional, slavering bile. 

Wait til we are allowed back in to Tynie 

:sweeet:

10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Every interview he does, nowadays there’s a snidey wee dig at the punters who pay his wages. He’s becoming a very unlikeable individual. IMO of course

Just like on here, about 80%+ plus posts have a snidey,  or very open, dig at him. Maybe he is just winding folk up. 
If he says nothing he gets pelters and is accused of hiding. If he says bland stuff he gets pelters. If he speaks his mind he gets pelters. Doesn’t make any difference to him what he says.  

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just like on here, about 80%+ plus posts have a snidey,  or very open, dig at him. Maybe he is just winding folk up. 
If he says nothing he gets pelters and is accused of hiding. If he says bland stuff he gets pelters. If he speaks his mind he gets pelters. Doesn’t make any difference to him what he says.  

People need to stop looking so deep into his comments. Its getting tiresome the constant need to find outrage in anything Robbie says.

sandylejambo

I know, people having a wee dig at Robbie, it's not as if he let part time players put us out the cup or played the worst football even an old man like me has ever seen a Hearts team play. Energy and skill and motivation are the only things missing from Hearts and I'm sure he'll get round to giving the players a talk on these attributes very soon.. 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Wait til we are allowed back in to Tynie 

:sweeet:

Something for you to look forward too. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Fair enough but you're wrong on this one, utterly ridiculous to think this was a snidey dig at the fans.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Nail on head. 

I'm liking this new Robbie. 

Giving a bit back. 

Maybe regrets leaving the first time, maybe he gave too much weight on the opinions of the minority and now he's being a bit more cheeky and biting back. 

Hopefully it continues. 

Or maybe it's just folk looking to get angry over everything he says. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

iwasthere1954
On 27/04/2021 at 08:37, Jumper said:

I’m positive I am not negative. I try to state only my honest opinions. If they are not to your taste then so be it, we all have our own opinions. Just as I recognise you have your right to your opinion of me and respect it.

Everyone has the right to their opinion.

Actually I was trying to be funny. Don't think it worked though. 

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nail on head. 

I'm liking this new Robbie. 

Giving a bit back. 

Maybe regrets leaving the first time, maybe he gave too much weight on the opinions of the minority and now he's being a bit more cheeky and biting back. 

Hopefully it continues. 

Or maybe it's just folk looking to get angry over everything he says. 

I'm not liking him at all and in all honesty he's got nothing to be giving a bit back about.

He should concentrate on the day job as the results and the quality of football this year have been utter dog shit and it's full time professional outfits on the horizon next season not the posties and plumbers we've been toiling or unable to overcome.

Before Bob opens his mouth he should remind himself he took his team to the worst result in our club's history. End of story.

Nookie Bear

"The New Robbie" 😄

"Er.....we'll probably buy a defender, midfielder and striker....maybe 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or even 3 at the back...maybe play a couple of young players...might not though...depends..."

******* hell, when does he do his TED talks 😆

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Fair enough but you're wrong on this one, utterly ridiculous to think this was a snidey dig at the fans.

Yeah like his “ram it down the pundits throats” wasn’t aimed at the fans.

(Though most of the pundits are supportive) and “support Man City/Utd” jibe. 

There may be a degree of halo and horns on my part as I find him as boring as the football his teams generally play but, again IMO he knows exactly what he’s saying and how it will be interpreted 

Im not outraged by it just an observation 

Unknown user
Just now, Jamhammer said:

There may be a degree of halo and horns on my part as I find him as boring as the football his teams generally play but, again IMO he knows exactly what he’s saying and how it will be interpreted 

He was saying not all signings work out ffs.

Are we such snowflakes now that this is something that can be interpreted as a dig at the fans? It was a throwaway comment in the middle of his media duties, nothing more.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm not liking him at all and in all honesty he's got nothing to be giving a bit back about.

He should concentrate on the day job as the results and the quality of football this year have been utter dog shit and it's full time professional outfits on the horizon next season not the posties and plumbers we've been toiling or unable to overcome.

Before Bob opens his mouth he should remind himself he took his team to the worst result in our club's history. End of story.

We won the league, so results haven't been utter dog shite. 

I'm liking the Bobmeisters new attitude. He speaks and some folk get angrier, some go into a rage. 

I want more of it. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The Bobmeister showing more passion and fight than the fans that have promised to walk away ( or already have) because they are in the huff. 

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm liking the Bobmeisters new attitude. He speaks and some folk get angrier, some go into a rage. 

I want more of it. 

That's a dangerous game to play, not that he is as intelligent as you think.

(But i am grudgingly appreciating your trolling this morning 👍)

Edited by Nookie Bear

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I want more of it. 

Won the league because he's got budget that more than whole league put together ! Lost league games to Dunfermline, Dundee, Raith and Queen of the South! Draws againt Queen of The South, Morton, Inverness, Arbroath, Dunfermline and Morton again! Out the cups to the mighty Alloa and Brora Rangers. 

Signings in the main have been dreadful, football has been eye bleeding and he got to go.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The Bobmeister showing more passion and fight than the fans that have promised to walk away ( or already have) because they are in the huff. 

To be fair as a supporter since 1983 I don’t need to be told by him, or anyone else how to support HMFC

My FOH subscription will stay as is for as long as I can afford to pay it

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can't ever have a go at the Hearts supporters after all we've done as a support 

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He was saying not all signings work out ffs.

Are we such snowflakes now that this is something that can be interpreted as a dig at the fans? It was a throwaway comment in the middle of his media duties, nothing more.

It was a poor choice of words.

Starting off your preparation for the next season by basically telling the fans that we shouldn’t be expecting too much is no way to repair a severely damaged relationship.

When you start the week off by saying the target is Top 6 and then follow it up with admitting some of the players we’re signing might not be good enough or work out......it’s hardly a great marketing campaign.

7 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Absolutely no chance we can keep him. He’s has 3 serious injuries with us and far too big a risk.

It’s a real shame for the lad because his body has failed him every single time he’s been given a chance.

Id let go of too. Maybe he can find some form for a Falkirk/Partick sized club and we can keep an eye on him. 

Shame for him though, I remember his first season and being pretty impressed with him.

mellors1874

Wonder with looking to Irish football already if we are not looking at Shayne Lavery of linfield 22 goals in 26 appearences and in and about the Northern Ireland set up so will know Boyce and Smith.

So back to topic

Lafferty

Cumdog

Zeefuik

Sow

Goodwillie

Ryan Gauld

Adebayor

Paterson

Have I missed anyone?

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

"Once we are back in a position where we feel we belong, which is the upper echelons of the Premiership, then we will develop more young players"

Based on that statement the players at the academy already know that they have no chance of first team involvement next season

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

"Once we are back in a position where we feel we belong, which is the upper echelons of the Premiership, then we will develop more young players"

Based on that statement the players at the academy already know that they have no chance of first team involvement next season

By any stretch it is an odd statement. I appreciate we hardly have a conveyor belt of talent (!) available to us this season but surely introducing youth when we are pushing for Europe is harder than when you are in the Championship, or sitting mid-table in the SPL.

Niemi’s gloves
15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Starting off your preparation for the next season by basically telling the fans that we shouldn’t be expecting too much is no way to repair a severely damaged relationship.

When you start the week off by saying the target is Top 6 and then follow it up with admitting some of the players we’re signing might not be good enough or work out......it’s hardly a great marketing campaign.

Perhaps Robbie works on the assumption that most Hearts fans are intelligent and reasonable people who don’t put the most negative possible interpretation on anything he says. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Perhaps Robbie works on the assumption that most Hearts fans are intelligent and reasonable people who don’t put the most negative possible interpretation on anything he says. 

He's more stupid than i thought 😄

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Worth bookmarking for the end of next season and evaluating what he’s said vs what he’s done. 

Suspect he’ll be found wanting...

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He's saying not all signings work out, everything else is just Robbie seethe.

Don't get me wrong, I get it, but I don't think we do our credibility any favours when we turn innocuous comments into something they're not.

22 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

You mean saying Top 6 is the target and admitting every signing won’t be a good one is the positive view ?

After 25 years in the game.....it appears he’s learned very little about football supporters.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's saying not all signings work out, everything else is just Robbie seethe.

Don't get me wrong, I get it, but I don't think we do our credibility any favours when we turn innocuous comments into something they're not.

We all know not all signings work......more than half of his signings since last summer haven’t really worked out.

His negative attitude is just not my cup of tea tbh.

Abiola Dauda
10 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I think Brandon is worth keeping on as a squad player 

Yes. One thing we have been awful at doing as a club is having cheap squad players that expect little playing time.  Sometimes they even have a late bloom and become solid first team players.

37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

By any stretch it is an odd statement. I appreciate we hardly have a conveyor belt of talent (!) available to us this season but surely introducing youth when we are pushing for Europe is harder than when you are in the Championship, or sitting mid-table in the SPL.

The thinking seems to be it benefits young players to come into a winning team, if possible.

Unfortunately various aspects of the Covid response this season have meant that didn't really happen this year past.

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:
15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You mean saying Top 6 is the target and admitting every signing won’t be a good one is the positive view ?

After 25 years in the game.....it appears he’s learned very little about football supporters.

Robbie seems to me to be saying plenty of sensible stuff like the need to sign players  who are going to be here for the longer term and the need to have more leaders on the park to help bring through young players. 

What is meant by top 6 has been discussed to death by now as has the (non-) significance of saying that not all signings work out. That you want to make a big deal of them says to me that it is you not Robbie that has the negative attitude. 

Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

So.....

RN sets really a quite low bar with regards to our aims etc and because I’m questioning this.....it’s me who has the issue ?

Don’t be so stupid.

Niemi’s gloves
Just now, DH1986 said:

So.....

RN sets really a quite low bar with regards to our aims etc and because I’m questioning this.....it’s me who has the issue ?

Don’t be so stupid.

You seem to have anger issues

Niemi’s gloves
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Once again......you couldn’t be more wrong.

OK but best not to go round talking about negative attitudes while at the same time putting a negative spin on anything Robbie says. 

BackOfTheNet

The two most popular threads on here right now are one about a new replacement manager (that isn’t happening) and a transfer window thread with little to no chat about transfers (particularly any that seem legitimate interest). Might need to come back when the window officially opens.

Niemi’s gloves
8 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Absolutely no chance we can keep him. He’s has 3 serious injuries with us and far too big a risk.

Jamie Brandon signed a two year contract extension last summer - before Robbie joined - so unless we have some sort of get out clause or we can move him on (unlikely while he’s injured) he’s here for the next year. After that is a different matter. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***