• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

That young aye?  He was an injury wreck tho, right?

thats not what you said 

Jim Panzee
5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Apparently leaving Burnley in the summer :wow:

Written in the stars....for when he signs for an English championship team :)

SidewaysFitba

What about Will Keane?   I don't see Wigan (at all), but he's an out of contract striker, 28.  Sort of guy who could maybe hit the ground running.  

William H. Bonney
23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No disrespect to Ross but if that's the level we're looking at, we're absolutely ****ed. 

Correct. ****ing terrible footballer. 

Rick Sanchez

We need a bit of steel in midfield tbh, an Adao type.

Although I would take him, Regan Hendry is much the same as Haring. We've just spent good money on McEneff who would no doubt play in Callachan's position. I'd take Hendry and say goodbye to Irving in a flash.

And I don't regard Halliday as steel...he's better out left anyway.

We need rid of Damour and spending his wage on a key central midfielder. Who that man is I don't know.

SidewaysFitba
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Although I would take him, Regan Hendry is much the same as Haring. We've just spent good money on McEneff who would no doubt play in Callachan's position. I'd take Hendry and say goodbye to Irving in a flash.

We need rid of Damour and spending his wage on a key central midfielder. Who that man is I don't know.

stevie1874
44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In 2.5 seasons, a record Championship title win, 3rd first season back, then heading for 2nd/3rd the next season? 🤷‍♂️

Cup record?

Auldbenches
47 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In 2.5 seasons, a record Championship title win, 3rd first season back, then heading for 2nd/3rd the next season? 🤷‍♂️

I was joking.  Do you have to pounce on everything? 

Edited by Auldbenches

Arthur Morgan

I'm not against bringing ex players back btw, I would take Sam Nicholson back for example, we know the quality he has. Loves a cracker against Hibs also.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Special Agent Dale Cooper
16 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Correct. ****ing terrible footballer. 

Yup, dire. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I'm not against bringing ex players back btw, I would take Sam Nicholson back for example, we know the quality he has. Loves a cracker against Hibs also.

Is Nicholson same side as Ginelly? Would love to have both on either wing.

Hearts haven't even properly said who is being released etc nevermind said we are interest in any of the players mentioned. Just because an agent has said something to get interest doesn't mean there's truth

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Is Nicholson same side as Ginelly? Would love to have both on either wing.

Both left wingers, but I'm sure Nicholson was comfortable playing either wing for us.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Both left wingers, but I'm sure Nicholson was comfortable playing either wing for us.

Very similar players actually in their directness and the way they cut in and shoot from distance. Ginnelly maybe a bit faster?

BackOfTheNet

Right, FFS Hearts announce a signing already as this thread is getting utterly chronic. There’s always been the the pining after old players (let’s move on please) but the constant “how about...” stuff is contributing very little. I go away and come back to see a few pages and it’s just 14 exclusives that Ross Callachan might sign and a repeated debate over whether he should or not. Or random posts of ‘what about this guy that’s on transfermarkt as a free, was on the books of a big team but played for crap teams since, could do a job?’ I mean I’ve posted free transfer possibilities on transfers threads gone by, but it’s been the odd list of players amongst actual rumour chat. This thread is just full of what ifs.

Need to remind myself it’s only May 18th, but I’ve gone from wanting a signing so I can see the team building starting this summer to wanting a signing so this thread can move on...

Guest ToqueJambo
32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye but he scored that penalty 😂

The best substitution in our history. Well played Paulo.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Kilmarnock look like they're in some serious trouble. As it stands, they'll have just four players in contract for next season.

Anyone here that we'd take @ Hearts? Apart from Tshibola, obviously 😁😉

image.thumb.png.0625d54166dec973b1d0dad5ad4ae5de.png

I'd probably take Kiltie too...

We will probably end up with Doyle and Dikamona

Arthur Morgan
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Very similar players actually in their directness and the way they cut in and shoot from distance. Ginnelly maybe a bit faster?

Ginnelly faster yeah, but Nicholson certainly didn't lack pace like Walker does. Always liked Nicholson, capable of moments of brilliance, something we need.

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Maybe just dont read the thread then? 🤷‍♂️ 

Just making an observation. Maybe I should’ve kept my thoughts to myself. But transfers threads are one of the only reasons I come here (along with match days). Usually a nice mix of ITK chat, speculation and then you see names start appear in the media too and you think there’s something to it. Then the discussion is about can we or will we, or are they good enough or not? And when there was no firm speculation people just left the thread as is. Only thing that annoyed me about previous windows was people bringing up Lafferty, Cummings or Adam. Ironically there’s been none of that this time around but the thread has just got weird.

SidewaysFitba
23 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Maybe just dont read the thread then? 🤷‍♂️ 

👍

Special Agent Dale Cooper
28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Right, FFS Hearts announce a signing already as this thread is getting utterly chronic. There’s always been the the pining after old players (let’s move on please) but the constant “how about...” stuff is contributing very little. I go away and come back to see a few pages and it’s just 14 exclusives that Ross Callachan might sign and a repeated debate over whether he should or not. Or random posts of ‘what about this guy that’s on transfermarkt as a free, was on the books of a big team but played for crap teams since, could do a job?’ I mean I’ve posted free transfer possibilities on transfers threads gone by, but it’s been the odd list of players amongst actual rumour chat. This thread is just full of what ifs.

Need to remind myself it’s only May 18th, but I’ve gone from wanting a signing so I can see the team building starting this summer to wanting a signing so this thread can move on...

Pretty sure you post this every transfer window.

Patience is a virtue.

SidewaysFitba
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just making an observation. Maybe I should’ve kept my thoughts to myself. But transfers threads are one of the only reasons I come here (along with match days). Usually a nice mix of ITK chat, speculation and then you see names start appear in the media too and you think there’s something to it. Then the discussion is about can we or will we, or are they good enough or not? And when there was no firm speculation people just left the thread as is. Only thing that annoyed me about previous windows was people bringing up Lafferty, Cummings or Adam. Ironically there’s been none of that this time around but the thread has just got weird.

Aye, totally weird, fans speaking about potential new faces on a summer transfer thread.   Weird AND shocking imo.   I'd call Police Scotland.👀

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Then why did we bring Neilson back..? 

Because the Bobmeister is an ex player who done good. 👍

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Not aimed at you, but I ****ing hate that excuse for not signing someone. Its so incredibly lazy. We went back the way with Robbo, Rudi, Stevenson, Webster & Gordon and it was fine. Callachan has just had an absolutely incredibly good season on a personal level, scoring 10 goals in 30 odd appearances. The laddies confidence will be through the roof and he's spent the last few years since we let him go building experience at this level. Its not like last time where he was making a huge step up. 

I'm struggling to think of why we wouldn't want him. Thats a good return and he adds energy and movement as well as a genuine goal threat. 

Every player you mentioned was a hit at Hearts the first time 🤷🏼‍♂️    There’s a difference here. 

No doubting Callachan’s attitude (as has been mentioned many times) but from what I remember he seemed to lack the composure and know-how in midfield within tight scenarios. He didn't have the quality to find space or find the pass.  

Aye, if the pitch is wide open he’ll run to the end of the Earth for you.  But 90 mins is a long time with different types of scenarios. 

SidewaysFitba

Neilson somehow rates Halkett, thinks he's good enough for Scotland, but I've always thought him a fat and slow liability.  
Blowing out his erse after 30 mins most weeks.    
Often bullied and bossed by third rate strikers.   
Picking him every week will hamper us defensively.

Edited by SidewaysFitba
spelling

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Pretty sure you post this every transfer window.

Patience is a virtue.

I joke about the lack of activity sometimes. Every January window I bemoan that clubs done operate on weekends which can reduce transfer activity possibilities by a third. And yes I moan about people talking about former players or the three window regulars I mentioned previously, but I’m certainly not alone on that. I don’t every window talk about the thread going off in wild directions like this one has.

7 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Aye, totally weird, fans speaking about potential new faces on a summer transfer thread.   Weird AND shocking imo.   I'd call Police Scotland.👀

I have no problem with the thread discussing potential new faces, but this thread (and yes you in particular) are going through the phone book and picking out randoms and saying “what about this guy?and then before anyone even can comment there’s another one “or this guy, met Joe Savage in the hallway at an Odeon once”. There’s potential Hearts signings and then there’s naming every free agents recently released in League 1 or 2 down south. I honestly don’t see what it brings to the thread unless there’s a genuine possibility of a Hearts transfer in a Hearts transfer thread. I’m not meaning this personally or anything by the way, just so you understand.

I guess the point I’m making is the names being mentioned in this thread are names that about 50-100 clubs across Scotland and England could be taking about potentials. And I, personally, would rather just talk about genuine Hearts possibilities.

SidewaysFitba

According to these guys, Campbell isn't really a defensive mid, more a box to box mid.  An all rounder.   Compared him to John McGinn;

SidewaysFitba
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I joke about the lack of activity sometimes. Every January window I bemoan that clubs done operate on weekends which can reduce transfer activity possibilities by a third. And yes I moan about people talking about former players or the three window regulars I mentioned previously, but I’m certainly not alone on that. I don’t every window talk about the thread going off in wild directions like this one has.

I have no problem with the thread discussing potential new faces, but this thread (and yes you in particular) are going through the phone book and picking out randoms and saying “what about this guy?and then before anyone even can comment there’s another one “or this guy, met Joe Savage in the hallway at an Odeon once”. There’s potential Hearts signings and then there’s naming every free agents recently released in League 1 or 2 down south. I honestly don’t see what it brings to the thread unless there’s a genuine possibility of a Hearts transfer in a Hearts transfer thread. I’m not meaning this personally or anything by the way, just so you understand.

I guess the point I’m making is the names being mentioned in this thread are names that about 50-100 clubs across Scotland and England could be taking about potentials. And I, personally, would rather just talk about genuine Hearts possibilities.

So what tho, bro?  Don't read it or block me if it upsets you.   👍

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

It seems to be Dunne, Nicholson and Callahan this time round. Its still early for all the juicy gossip, really. 

I still think the best bit of transfer gossip was the guy in the tracksuit at Edinburgh Airport. 

Callachan was at least reported by a media outlet but within the space of a day has been dismissed. Dunne and Nicholson I can see why folk would talk about them, they have all played for Hearts and those two played well. So I can understand why people would talk about them, although I’d like us as a team to move on.

7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Every player you mentioned was a hit at Hearts the first time 🤷🏼‍♂️    There’s a difference here. 

No doubting Callachan’s attitude (as has been mentioned many times) but from what I remember he seemed to lack the composure and know-how in midfield within tight scenarios. He didn't have the quality to find space or find the pass.  

Aye, if the pitch is wide open he’ll run to the end of the Earth for you.  But 90 mins is a long time with different types of scenarios. 

Fresh air kick at a corner v Livingston springs to mind. Straight into the net. 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

So what tho, bro?  Don't read it or block me if it upsets you.   👍

I think after the bit in bold that you highlighted and replied to I went on to explain myself.

Who do you want to discuss? Campbell is the latest one right? But what about Will Keane? Or Chuks Aneke? Or Jayden Stockley? I’m genuinely curious, why can’t you put one name out there and discuss it before moving on? Why does it seem like you’ve sent scouts out on Football Manager and you’re going through each name they report and finding a YouTube video on them?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think after the bit in bold that you highlighted and replied to I went on to explain myself.

Who do you want to discuss? Campbell is the latest one right? But what about Will Keane? Or Chuks Aneke? Or Jayden Stockley? I’m genuinely curious, why can’t you put one name out there and discuss it before moving on? Why does it seem like you’ve sent scouts out on Football Manager and you’re going through each name they report and finding a YouTube video on them?

Got bored reading you complain over and over tbh.  Like we've said my bro, don't read it or block people that dare suggest a player.🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I think 10 in 30 in a shite team that shuts up shop every week and sole ambition is to dodge relegation is a pretty decent stat and shows he’s improved as a player. 

I think he’s worth a look. 

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Ffs you can't blame Neilson for writing a news article 

Yup, the kind of story that will kept being brought up to attack Robbie even though it was never true.

SidewaysFitba

Callachan wont be coming to Hearts.  Its that time of year when agents get their clients name in a newspaper.   Reminds clubs he's out there and available.  
👍

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Agree on Irving, starting to look a bit like the Scott Severin situation. 

Hopefully the club have left him with a deal that protects the club domestically and replace him ASAP. The length of time this has taken has been beyond a joke. 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Got bored reading you complain over and over tbh.  Like we've said my bro, don't read it or block people that dare suggest a player.🤷‍♂️

Missing the point, like 160598 all over again. That’s a thing, whatever happened to that poster who posted all the time constantly?

Ibrahim Tall
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agree on Irving, starting to look a bit like the Scott Severin situation. 

Hopefully the club have left him with a deal that protects the club domestically and replace him ASAP. The length of time this has taken has been beyond a joke. 

Severin was atleast good though, and had genuine interest in him. Irving is still pretty debatable on one and there’s not even a hint of the other..

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Ginnelly faster yeah, but Nicholson certainly didn't lack pace like Walker does. Always liked Nicholson, capable of moments of brilliance, something we need.

Sam wasn’t really a winger, he rarely went down the left and got a cross in, he cut inside every time. He was also poor on the right. I think he would be good at number 10 with his passing and shooting. The goals he scored were usually spectacular, his ball for Sow to score the winner at Ibrox was quality too. Walker pretty much the same, not a winger. Ginnelly can actually beat a man and put a good cross in. 

Famous 1874
36 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Callachan wont be coming to Hearts.  Its that time of year when agents get their clients name in a newspaper.   Reminds clubs he's out there and available.  
👍

Are you ‘ITK’?

Famous 1874
28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Missing the point, like 160598 all over again. That’s a thing, whatever happened to that poster who posted all the time constantly?

Gorgie boot boy? There are similarities between the two posters, could be the same person😂

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Fresh air kick at a corner v Livingston springs to mind. Straight into the net. 

You need to refresh your memory, he left a cross at a corner at Motherwell. 

BackOfTheNet
24 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gorgie boot boy? There are similarities between the two posters, could be the same person😂

:whistling:

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Neilson somehow rates Halkett, thinks he's good enough for Scotland, but I've always thought him a fat and slow liability.  
Blowing out his erse after 30 mins most weeks.    
Often bullied and bossed by third rate strikers.   
Picking him every week will hamper us defensively.

So did Steve Clarke. Halkett was on the fringes when he got injured the day before the Scotland squad, with him tipped to be in it. Really tough break and he also hasn't been the same player since he came back.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You need to refresh your memory, he left a cross at a corner at Motherwell. 

That's him!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***