***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Lafferty went for a profit as did Sow and mulrany. 

We do need to get more youngsters into the team, but my priority is to win games and our immediate goal is to establish ourselves in the top flight as a top club, I'm not fussed what age of players gets us there Tbh. 

Be nice to argue about youth as we sit 3rd. 

It would! Fingers crossed next season we can! :D

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet

Let’s just curb the enthusiasm, even if these snippets are the truth “three top targets” doesn’t necessarily mean they will be signings the fans will like. Neilson really wants Callum Butcher by all accounts, maybe he’s one of Neilson’s “top targets”. So technically the info would be true, if we were to sign Butcher, that we got one of the “top targets” but I doubt anyone anywhere would be cheering at the news.

jambopilms

Would appear some folk love bumming up a Hibs player. Doig, Cummings neither have done anything worthwhile both are Hibs tramps and loved by some on here. 

If you love a Hibs player then away to .net and tell them all about it.

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Let’s just curb the enthusiasm, even if these snippets are the truth “three top targets” doesn’t necessarily mean they will be signings the fans will like. Neilson really wants Callum Butcher by all accounts, maybe he’s one of Neilson’s “top targets”. So technically the info would be true, if we were to sign Butcher, that we got one of the “top targets” but I doubt anyone anywhere would be cheering at the news.

TBH... I don’t even know what would constitute as a ‘top target’ these days, for us. 🤷‍♂️ 
We need something special pre-ST season, I would think!

25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Bet your fun to be with at a party 🕺🏻

15 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

TBH... I don’t even know what would constitute as a ‘top target’ these days, for us. 🤷‍♂️ 
We need something special pre-ST season, I would think!

Maybe the guy Campbell that everyone has been mentioning. 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Bet your fun to be with at a party 🕺🏻

I know, I know. But hey, don’t blame me if the first ‘top target’ gets announced and this place foams at the mouth with rage when Neilson says “we’ve been after him for a long time and he was at the very top of my list so I’m happy it’s over the line” and it’s the likes of Butcher is all I’m saying.

4 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

The end of the world is nigh..............or so, some posters would have you believe.

Exactly. The very worst that can happen is we get relegated because our manager is shit. Everyone lives. 

Rogue Daddy
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe the guy Campbell that everyone has been mentioning. 

Yeah, I’d be happy to take him... and Dunne. I’m just wondering if these signings are to do with the response a poster got from the FOH... about something exciting 🤷‍♂️ I suppose it depends on your definition of ‘Top Signing’... I’d be expecting international  caps. 

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, I’d be happy to take him... and Dunne. I’m just wondering if these signings are to do with the response a poster got from the FOH... about something exciting 🤷‍♂️ I suppose it depends on your definition of ‘Top Signing’... I’d be expecting international  caps. 

Yep these are the 2 I would want plus another if we were looking at 3 big signings.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah that sort of level although depends on their nationality but the likes of Boyce I’d class as top signing. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's gonna be 3 diddies. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
11 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yep these are the 2 I would want plus another if we were looking at 3 big signings.

Yeah all over 6"4

jamboinglasgow
39 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know, I know. But hey, don’t blame me if the first ‘top target’ gets announced and this place foams at the mouth with rage when Neilson says “we’ve been after him for a long time and he was at the very top of my list so I’m happy it’s over the line” and it’s the likes of Butcher is all I’m saying.

I dont think it will be Butcher, but I think for sanity, when you hear rumours like Sub Sub, expect no one exciting and if it turns out good then its great, if you expect great signings then you will never be happy with who is signed.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A great effort at turning a rumour into a negative.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I dont think it will be Butcher, but I think for sanity, when you hear rumours like Sub Sub, expect no one exciting and if it turns out good then its great, if you expect great signings then you will never be happy with who is signed.

It’s subjective as well. We could go for a big name at the end of his career, a recognised spl player at a younger age or a highly rated youngster with little experience. Be interesting to see if there’s a new approach. 

BackOfTheNet
30 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This is exactly my point 🙂

26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

A great effort at turning a rumour into a negative.

Whereas you’ve entirely missed my point 🙄

21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This is exactly my point 🙂

Whereas you’ve entirely missed my point 🙄

To be quite frank I think your point was pointless.

I made a point of not watching Sportscene this season after our demotion so I can’t even hazard a guess about better SPL players TBH.

Apart from Hibs players. They’re, obviously all great 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

To be quite frank I think your point was pointless.

Well Frank, if that is your real name, thank you for taking the time out of your day to make the point that the point I make is not a point worth making, pointing out pointedly that you too can make worthless points.

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well Frank, if that is your real name, thank you for taking the time out of your day to make the point that the point I make is not a point worth making, pointing out pointedly that you too can make worthless points.

Whatever floats your boat.

Quick update on outgoings, roberts has offers from clubs here and down south and will be allowed to move on, Halkett has some interest not actively being moved on but if the right move comes about it may be allowed. Damour once again will be attempting to get a move out permanently. Boyce attracting interest however he’s happy here so only a very big offer would make us consider. (Souttar expected to start contract talks soon). On the incomings we would like one confirmed by the end of next week 👍🏻 Have a good week folks 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 hours ago, Grace Jones said:

Oshaniwa signed 5 years ago, get over it. 

Hard to get over him Martin, Damour etc 

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Quick update on outgoings, roberts has offers from clubs here and down south and will be allowed to move on, Halkett has some interest not actively being moved on but if the right move comes about it may be allowed. Damour once again will be attempting to get a move out permanently. Boyce attracting interest however he’s happy here so only a very big offer would make us consider. (Souttar expected to start contract talks soon). On the incomings we would like one confirmed by the end of next week 👍🏻 Have a good week folks 

Cheers 👏.  Nothing set in stone but there will definitely be movers and shakers over the next few weeks 

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Cheers 👏.  Nothing set in stone but there will definitely be movers and shakers over the next few weeks 

Indeed, want business to be done early. The club knows we need a good start next season 👍🏻

I’ll feel a bit better when it’s confirmed that the contracts of  Zlamal, Doyle, White, Frear and Kastaneer have ended and they’re all moving on.

I also want Naismith to retire.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Thanks for that. 

49 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Cheers @Jamboj1

Your info is appreciated, do you know what position the one we are looking to sign by end of next week is? Would be delighted if its a first team CB to partner Souttar.

2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Cheers @Jamboj1

Your info is appreciated, do you know what position the one we are looking to sign by end of next week is? Would be delighted if its a first team CB to partner Souttar.

Its players we have been talking to mate since January, would be lying if I said I knew who it was. This time of the season players speak to many clubs so nothing is concrete until it’s done. I just know we have one we believe that will be ready to put pen to paper very very soon 👍🏻 Also on Boyce was only highlighting interest would take a ridiculous offer for us to even Consider 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Its players we have been talking to mate since January, would be lying if I said I knew who it was. This time of the season players speak to many clubs so nothing is concrete until it’s done. I just know we have one we believe that will be ready to put pen to paper very very soon 👍🏻 Also on Boyce was only highlighting interest would take a ridiculous offer for us to even Consider 

Cheers for the info. Have you been given any info on the kind of players we are going for (i.e. young players, Scottish based players etc.)

BackOfTheNet

End of next week seems right. League up here finished by Sunday, so unless any players are involved in playoffs or cup finals then wouldn’t be surprised if announcements of pre-contract signings (from all Scottish clubs) start from Monday onwards. Even in England their leagues are all but wrapped up. So unless teams are signing players in their playoffs or the Premiership (highly unlikely) then again I’d expect to see a lot announced next week or two from several clubs. Particularly with the short pre-season ahead.

6 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Awesome,

So that must mean said player/players are out of contract in the summer? Hopefully it's J.Dunne more wishful thinking on my part though haha, great to hear the club value boyce appropriately.

michaeljambo22

One will be Ginnelly and probably the one signing next week just a guess though

Edited by michaeljambo22

BackOfTheNet

I’d be happy with Ginelly, if he’s one of the three. As always with windows you’d hope for a signing to blindside you outta nowhere though, kinda like the GMS one did for me. Not sure why, they always seem more special. But Ginelly would be an excellent permanent addition.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’d be happy with Ginelly, if he’s one of the three. As always with windows you’d hope for a signing to blindside you outta nowhere though, kinda like the GMS one did for me. Not sure why, they always seem more special. But Ginelly would be an excellent permanent addition.

I would be pretty happy to get Ginnelly over the line but we need a big marquee signing first; someone to help us shift some season tickets because currently that side of things is looking a bit grim.

Don’t get me wrong, I want Gino to sign and having him and GMS firing on all cylinders will be problematic for a lot of defenders next season, but he’s not going to be the big piece of news we all want because we’re all sort of expecting it to happen.

Would like to sign another winger as well. Perhaps someone younger like Thomas Robert from Airdrie if he's realistic. I wonder if they would be interested in Moore + cash their way…

Its nearly new strip time too (has been the end of May the last couple of season) so some sort of a household name holding up the new strip to confirm his signing would be a lovely bit of news. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Rogue Daddy
14 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's gonna be 3 diddies. 

They should feel right at home then!😀

Rogue Daddy
13 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I made a point of not watching Sportscene this season after our demotion so I can’t even hazard a guess about better SPL players TBH.

Apart from Hibs players. They’re, obviously all great 

Same here. I watched the first half of a smeltic v hobos game... got bored and felt dirty. But, apart from that, I haven't even seen a single goal from the spfl. Still mightily fecked off with the whole thing!

Ginelly is a really good player when on the park, will be happy with that signing, but it's pretty much confirmed already despite it not being announced yet, I for one hope we get a couple of marquee signings this summer to get us all buzzing again after whats been a very average season tbh.

Rogue Daddy
10 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

👍 Delighted that Souttar had a few games towards the end of the season, hopefully will sign for another 3 years! Good news!

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I would be pretty happy to get Ginnelly over the line but we need a big marquee signing first; someone to help us shift some season tickets because currently that side of things is looking a bit grim.

Don’t get me wrong, I want Gino to sign and having him and GMS firing on all cylinders will be problematic for a lot of defenders next season, but he’s not going to be the big piece of news we all want because we’re all sort of expecting it to happen.

Would like to sign another winger as well. Perhaps someone younger like Thomas Robert from Airdrie if he's realistic. I wonder if they would be interested in Moore + cash their way…

Its nearly new strip time too (has been the end of May the last couple of season) so some sort of a household name holding up the new strip to confirm his signing would be a lovely bit of news. 

Don’t know why, just can’t see us having a marquee signing this summer. Hope I’m wrong of course. But suppose it depends on your own interpretation of marquee. GMS was a lovely surprise but despite his previous accolades I wouldn’t see him as marquee. Maybe more of a special signing given the division we were in mind you. Marquee would be a Naismith style signing like when he first signed. Just can’t see that.

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

500k development fee for Campbell pretty much rules us out

Bargain.

Get it done.

11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

500k development fee for Campbell pretty much rules us out

Not necessarily. The club may see this as an opportunity to buy a sellable asset and it’s the sort of signing which would boost ST sales - which if high, would more than recoup this amount. Plus, a bit of benefactor money may be available..

That being said, I suspect he will head south.

9 minutes ago, marcus said:

Bargain.

Get it done.

This. 500k is daylight robbery for Campbell. He'd be automatically worth over a million if we signed him. 

4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Not necessarily. The club may see this as an opportunity to buy a sellable asset and it’s the sort of signing which would boost ST sales - which if high, would more than recoup this amount. Plus, a bit of benefactor money may be available..

That being said, I suspect he will head south.

I think he would be a great signing. I just feel with the fee and wages to match then would be out of range for us. Unless they value Roberts at 500k!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***