Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

jambonian
10 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

St Mirren want Popescu on loanย 

They can have him permanently. We'll give them him plus cash for McGrath. Crap player out, good player in. What's not to like?ย 

While we're at it, let's offer Roberts plus cash to Motherwell for Campbell or Cole. Sounds like a plan.

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Tell you what, how they're keeping their transfer targets quiet is pretty impressive tbh!!

ย 

Usually its a leaky ship...

Good point.ย 

21 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

ย 

Awesome. Cheerio Popescu!!

ย 

Wonder if we could leverage a permanent deal to get someone they want to keep, McGrath seems to be highly rated, Goodwin was quoted as wanting like ยฃ300k for him,ย 

ย 

How much is Popescu worth on paper considering they want him? ยฃ100k? Maybe offer St Mirren ยฃ150k + Popescu (and orย Roberts)

Rick Sanchez

No interest in a loan for Popescu, tell him he's free to leave. Unless he'sย in his last year? If he is cover the full wages and he's yours!

48 minutes ago, OTT said:

ย 

ย 

Wonder if we could leverage a permanent deal to get someone they want to keep, McGrath seems to be highly rated, Goodwin was quoted as wanting like ยฃ300k for him,ย 

ย 

How much is Popescu worth on paper considering they want him? ยฃ100k? Maybe offer St Mirren ยฃ150k + Popescu (and orย Roberts)

ย 

ย 

The answer to that is really only what anyone is prepared to pay no matter what their valuation is on paper.

ย 

According to this it is ยฃ293k but I doubt that.

ย 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mihai-popescu/profil/spieler/361537

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

****ing keep him ๐Ÿ˜‚

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Burnley looking at Harry Souttar apparently, possibly meaning theyโ€™ve no place for Jimmy Dunne?ย 

Let's hope so ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

He still follows Hearts and a lot of players on Instagram. Interestingly he's following Ginelly who wasn't here when he was...:

ย 

ย 

D8D8ADE6-6808-414B-A902-43C7E721762B.jpeg

Yorkshirejambo
1 hour ago, goldie83 said:

Iโ€™ll get my car keys........

Iโ€™ll send ya fuel money๐Ÿ˜‚

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Let's hope so ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

He still follows Hearts and a lot of players on Instagram. Interestingly he's following Ginelly who wasn't here when he was...:

ย 

ย 

ย 

They were both at Burnley at the same time, and as they have the same year of birth I would imagine they played together

jambonian
58 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Burnley looking at Harry Souttar apparently, possibly meaning theyโ€™ve no place for Jimmy Dunne?ย 

ย 

Dunne is leaving at the end of the season and he'll be on the lookout for a club. Hearts need to get their finger oot their erse and at least make contact. They won't though.

ย 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

That was the point i was making on the Ginelly thread. Offer Popescu (an ex-player of theirs anyway) plus cash and go get McGrath before Aberdeen, Hibs or the old firm get a sniff. No pissin about like normal. We didn't go for Greg Taylor when we needed a left-back and he eventually turns up at Celtic in the end.

Same with Roberts. Offer Motherwell him plus cash for Campbell or even Devante Cole. Ourย season is over, time to start putting the feelers out and showing some ambition. It may also encourage more season ticket sales if the fans see that the club has an ambition to be seen as serious challengers for Europe again.

52 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

No interest in a loan for Popescu, tell him he's free to leave. Unless he'sย in his last year? If he is cover the full wages and he's yours!

ย 

He is in his last year.

25 minutes ago, jambonian said:

ย 

Dunne is leaving at the end of the season and he'll be on the lookout for a club. Hearts need to get their finger oot their erse and at least make contact. They won't though.

Are you able to confirm we haven't made contact or are you just making negative guesses?ย  Are we even interested or have we maybe settled on someone else?

ย 

That was the point i was making on the Ginelly thread. Offer Popescu (an ex-player of theirs anyway) plus cash and go get McGrath before Aberdeen, Hibs or the old firm get a sniff. No pissin about like normal. We didn't go for Greg Taylor when we needed a left-back and he eventually turns up at Celtic in the end.

Same with Roberts. Offer Motherwell him plus cash for Campbell or even Devante Cole. Ourย season is over, time to start putting the feelers out and showing some ambition. It may also encourage more season ticket sales if the fans see that the club has an ambition to be seen as serious challengers for Europe again.

Would you like to put a figure on how much cash we might have to pay for McGrath, Campbell or Cole in addition to the player exchanges

19/05/2012
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Let's hope so ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

ย 

ย 

Dunne played with Ginnelly at Burnley

44 minutes ago, jambonian said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I made a post a while back about our recruitment strategy and what I'd like to see. I think a key and very obvious thing we should be doing is seeking to recruit the best of the rest players of the other 10 clubs. It will mean competing with clubs down South, but a player at St Mirren or Motherwell is only ever going to attract interest at a level we can probably compete at (just).ย 

ย 

Makes a lot of sense.ย 

jambonian
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Would you like to put a figure on how much cash we might have to pay for McGrath, Campbell or Cole in addition to the player exchanges

ย 

On Dunne, it's more in hope that they would be interested. Ifย you don't ask you don't get. Hopefully they have but as it's a different coaching/scouting team now from when he was here before,ย i'd swing more towards doubting it. Love to be proved wrong though. Would be a key signing.

On cash figures....it would depend on what those clubs want. After the year we've had with covid there are clubs desperateย to gather some cash in to top up their funds, particularly if they may feel their season ticket sales could potentiallyย drop. They don't have an FoH to keep them ticking over. Heard that McGrath might've been available for around the ยฃ300k mark. If Popescu still has a year left (i thought he signed a 1 year but some say 2) then i'd guess at a ยฃ100k transfer fee for him meaning we fork out the other ยฃ200k for McGrath. On Campbell....Roberts has another year on his contract here so could be used as a makeweight plus cash. Seems to enjoy playing for them going by what he says. Thisย one might be more difficult to do but if you don't ask you'll never know. Both are midfielders so either, or for me. Potentially bothย would be better though and it weakens those two. Win, win for Hearts, quality players in while weakening them and a couple of gash players out and off our wage-bill. Plus, at their ages...potential big transfer fee for us in the future. What's not to like? ;)

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

ย 

On Dunne, it's more in hope that they would be interested. Ifย you don't ask you don't get. Hopefully they have but as it's a different coaching/scouting team now from when he was here before,ย i'd swing more towards doubting it. Love to be proved wrong though. Would be a key signing.

On cash figures....it would depend on what those clubs want. After the year we've had with covid there are clubs desperateย to gather some cash in to top up their funds, particularly if they may feel their season ticket sales could potentiallyย drop. They don't have an FoH to keep them ticking over. Heard that McGrath might've been available for around the ยฃ300k mark. If Popescu still has a year left (i thought he signed a 1 year but some say 2) then i'd guess at a ยฃ100k transfer fee for him meaning we fork out the other ยฃ200k for McGrath. On Campbell....Roberts has another year on his contract here so could be used as a makeweight plus cash. Seems to enjoy playing for them going by what he says. Thisย one might be more difficult to do but if you don't ask you'll never know. Both are midfielders so either, or for me. Potentially bothย would be better though and it weakens those two. Win, win for Hearts, quality players in while weakening them and a couple of gash players out and off our wage-bill. Plus, at their ages...potential big transfer fee for us in the future. What's not to like? ;)

ย 

Why would St Mirren and Motherwell effectively pay ยฃ100k for two players we would be happy to get off the wage bill for free? They could looks elsewhere and sign similar quality on a free contract.

ย 

ย 

jambonian
Just now, andrew said:

ย 

Why would St Mirren and Motherwell effectively pay ยฃ100k for two players we would be happy to get off the wage bill for free? They could looks elsewhere and sign similar quality on a free contract.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Just because they are surplus to requirements at Hearts it doesn't mean they wouldn't be seen as important players for them. The players are still under contract with Hearts and if they like what they see thenย a fee would be needed to get them anyway. They could indeed go out and look for a freebie but also, they could potentiallyย need the cash from us (or anyone) to keep them afloat. Why go out and sign a freebie taking more cash out of their coffers withย nothing coming in fromย transfers when they can get a player in they know,ย like and wantย plus moneyย in the bank? They'll get nothing in the bank for signing freebies, only outgoings. As well as cash going in, Hearts could also throw in a percentage on any future transfer fee we might getย (like Hibs have done with McGinn for example). That could be two lump sums going to them overall. There's always a way round deals if the club hasย the vision to go and do it.

ย 

22 minutes ago, andrew said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I think he was meaning we could expect to get ยฃ100k each for those players and pay the difference to Motherwell and St Mirrem

ย 

So Popescu to St Mirren ยฃ100k, McGrath worth ยฃ300k to Hearts. We pay them ยฃ200k and get rid of Popescu and sign McGrath.

ย 

Same scenario with Roberts and Campbell.

jambonian
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

ย 

I think he was meaning we could expect to get ยฃ100k each for those players and pay the difference to Motherwell and St Mirrem

ย 

So Popescu to St Mirren ยฃ100k, McGrath worth ยฃ300k to Hearts. We pay them ยฃ200k and get rid of Popescu and sign McGrath.

ย 

Yes, that's the way i was looking at it. Player-plus-cash deals with a potentialย sell-on fee on future transfer fees.ย 

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

ย 

Just because they are surplus to requirements at Hearts it doesn't mean they wouldn't be seen as important players for them. The players are still under contract with Hearts and if they like what they see thenย a fee would be needed to get them anyway. They could indeed go out and look for a freebie but also, they could potentiallyย need the cash from us (or anyone) to keep them afloat. Why go out and sign a freebie taking more cash out of their coffers withย nothing coming in fromย transfers when they can get a player in they know,ย like and wantย plus moneyย in the bank? They'll get nothing in the bank for signing freebies, only outgoings. As well as cash going in, Hearts could also throw in a percentage on any future transfer fee we might getย (like Hibs have done with McGinn for example). That could be two lump sums going to them overall. There's always a way round deals if the club hasย the vision to go and do it.

ย 

ย 

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

That theory works if there is no other interest in either McGrath or Campbell. Both clubs will be skint just now after a season with no gate receipts, there is zero chance they would accept ยฃ200k when they could get 50% more elsewhere (probably more in St Mirren's case).

1 minute ago, andrew said:

ย 

ย 

That theory works if there is no other interest in either McGrath or Campbell. Both clubs will be skint just now after a season with no gate receipts, there is zero chance they would accept ยฃ200k when they could get 50% more elsewhere (probably more in St Mirren's case).

ย 

It depends how much they need the money and if they want the players we have . Popescu and Roberts.

jambonian
6 minutes ago, andrew said:

ย 

ย 

That's why you test the waters.

There could be interest in them from others. That's why we need to get in first. Someone said Goodwin would've been looking at around ยฃ300k for McGrath, that's ยฃ200k in the bank plus a player they want coming in. Saves them looking for a ย potentially risky freebie as well and they can ask for the other ยฃ100k in any future transfer fee.

Edited by jambonian

17 minutes ago, jambonian said:

ย 

I didn't ask about your "hopefully."ย  This

Are you able to confirm we haven't made contact or are you just making negative guesses?ย  Are we even interested or have we maybe settled on someone else?

ย 

That's what I asked as you said we need to get the finger out and AT LEAST MAKE CONTACT.ย  Now please give a straight answer or confirm you're being negative just for the sake of it.

ย 

Re the rest Andrew has answered the question for youย  - again are we even interested or looking elsewhere?

If St Mirren could sell McGrath for ยฃ300-400k it would represent 10% of their pre-covid annual turnover, no chance their ownersย would accept ยฃ200k and someone we'd be happy to get off the wagebill for free. Same with Motherwell.

ย 

There's a big difference between real life and football manager.

18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

ย 

ย 

You've obviously made up your mind the club lacks vision just because they haven't signed players you think they should.ย  They may already have made tentative enquiries and decided they were overpriced or beyond our budget.

Edited by JamboAl

jambonian
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't ask about your "hopefully."ย  This

ย 

That's what I asked as you said we need to get the finger out and AT LEAST MAKE CONTACT.ย  Now please give a straight answer or confirm you're being negative just for the sake of it.

ย 

Re the rest Andrew has answered the question for youย  - again are we even interested or looking elsewhere?

ย 

Howย could i possibly know? I said i hope they'd beย interested and if they're not, why not? The "get the finger out" comment was more to do with if we didn't,ย someone else will jump in and we could lose out. It's pretty self-explanatory and i'd hate us to lose out to a potentialย rival club.ย There's no negativity in hoping/wanting us to sign a decent player or two. I just want us to sign the best that we can afford, as we all do. If we have settled on someone else then i hope they get it right for everyone's sake.

jambonian
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

ย  They may already have made tentative enquiries and decided they were overpriced or beyond our budget.

ย 

It's possible, and if they have then fair play. I suppose that's all you can ask for.

They also might not have as well so we'll never really know either way.

27 minutes ago, jambonian said:

ย 

Howย could i possibly know? I said i hope they'd beย interested and if they're not, why not? The "get the finger out" comment was more to do with if we didn't,ย someone else will jump in and we could lose out. It's pretty self-explanatory and i'd hate us to lose out to a potentialย rival club.ย There's no negativity in hoping/wanting us to sign a decent player or two. I just want us to sign the best that we can afford, as we all do. If we have settled on someone else then i hope they get it right for everyone's sake.

Your choice of words gives the game away!

Famous 1874
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Assuming Irving is leaving how much do we get as a development fee?

ยฃ0 if he goes abroad I think.ย 

davemclaren
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

ยฃ0 if he goes abroad I think.ย 

Oh well, that could be that then. ย 

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

That's why you test the waters.

There could be interest in them from others. That's why we need to get in first. Someone said Goodwin would've been looking at around ยฃ300k for McGrath, that's ยฃ200k in the bank plus a player they want coming in. Saves them looking for a ย potentially risky freebie as well and they can ask for the other ยฃ100k in any future transfer fee.

We ain't signing anyone for that kind of money in my opinion.

Graeme Russell

Was told earlier today by a Montrose fan that we are looking at both their full backsย Steevesย and Ballantyne.

4 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

Was told earlier today by a Montrose fan that we are looking at both their full backsย Steevesย and Ballantyne.

Did they say why?

Leveins Battalion
Just now, GinRummy said:

Did they say why?

ย 

Getting silly now isn't it ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

johnthomas
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

ย 

Getting silly now isn't it ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

What is ?

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

What is ?

Looking at a 26 year old full back whoโ€™s never played above league 1? Which we probably wonโ€™t be, I should add. ย 

Edited by GinRummy

TyphoonJambo
29 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

For the window cleaning contract I assume?

Nookie Bear
54 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

Steeves and Ballantyne is a law firm, no?

ย 

Weโ€™ll be putting in a bid for Shakespeare and Hathaway next (one for the daytime TV fans)

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Graeme Russell said:

ย 

He's talking rubbish.

ย 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Why are we always in the bargain basement store, given the finances comparable to other clubs?

Iโ€™m not convinced we are.ย 

23 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Why are we always in the bargain basement store, given the finances comparable to other clubs?

What makes you think that?ย 

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

We ain't signing anyone for that kind of money in my opinion.

Why not? I think we paid 200,000 Euros for McEneff.

hmfc_liam06

Some random comes on to say were looking at Montrose players (which we aren't btw) and all of a sudden we're shopping at Poundland :rofl:

davemclaren
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Some random comes on to say were looking at Montrose players (which we aren't btw) and all of a sudden we're shopping at Poundland :rofl:

And the window opening is still weeks away. ๐Ÿฅบ

hmfc_liam06
Just now, davemclaren said:

And the window opening is still weeks away. ๐Ÿฅบ

ย 

It's unreal Dave, this place is mental just now :lol:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***