***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We can’t move on new signings ‘till they’ve finished playing in the euros. 

That’s the spirit!

*remembers O’Donnell is playing in the Euros* 😬

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That’s the spirit!

*remembers O’Donnell is playing in the Euros* 😬

David Kucharski has Lewandowski’s ear is the latest rumour I’ve heard 

Edited by GinRummy

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

David Kucharski has Lewandowski’s ear is the latest rumour I’ve heard 

Skacel already onto Schick

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Berra's full wage being spent on Mulgrew would be very Hearts.

You just have to hope the club aren’t this tone deaf. What’s been coming out in the press is that we want to bring down the average age and get more younger players in and freshness. The fans will be absolutely fuming if a 35 year old Charlie Mulgrew is signed another Hughes another Berra another sammon just **** off Hearts nobody wants this. 

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

This 

Clark picking him based on an embarrassing affection for one penalty save. 

gojng for walk to the halfway line in his most important Scotland game yet how’s why he shouldn’t be starting. Awareness, simple awareness 

Looked like he was wantin a 1-2 with hendry before his shot, he was that far out his goals😖

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, millerjames398 said:

Looked like he was wantin a 1-2 with hendry before his shot, he was that far out his goals😖

So so bad. At 1-0 down that game was still ours. 

Ye

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Did O'Donnell not just sign a one year deal at Motherwell?

yes he did and Motherwell fans are really happy with him staying

Italian Lambretta
13 minutes ago, One five said:

Surely we won’t sign Mulgrew that would just be depressing!

Aye but just think about all those eager Hearts fans paying good money for their season tickets and expecting a WOW signing.

The club will truly be trolling them.

millerjames398
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So so bad. At 1-0 down that game was still ours. 

It was a sore one today..really thought we'd get at least a point..but when your right back puts his best tackle, on his own player(christie), and your keepers away orderin a burger just after half time..it doesnt augur well..just need to get a point at Wembley then turn over the croats now..job done😂

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Aye but just think about all those eager Hearts fans paying good money for their season tickets and expecting a WOW signing.

The club never promised a wow signing 

Rocky jamboa

I don't understand why we don't look at the Eastern European market. They always look technically and physically better than us. Would imagine they would be in our price band also. It worked in most cases with the Lithuanians we brought in. 

6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I don't understand why we don't look at the Eastern European market. They always look technically and physically better than us. Would imagine they would be in our price band also. It worked in most cases with the Lithuanians we brought in. 

Brexit complications 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

It was a sore one today..really thought we'd get at least a point..but when your right back puts his best tackle, on his own player(christie), and your keepers away orderin a burger just after half time..it doesnt augur well..just need to get a point at Wembley then turn over the croats now..job done😂

Ordering a burger 😂😂 quality.

so angry but that made me laugh

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

They did enough trolling them at the back end of last season.

Especially our esteemed manager with some of his idiotic comments.

13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

This. Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary will have some belting talents. 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Bjorn Johnsen was Bulgarian leagues I think

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'll save my foam for the day the deal is announced. 

Better intelligence don't seem to know, though Mulgrews position is interesting that it may well be a target position for us.

Would be a strange manoeuvre

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Some cracking players in the Polish league too. And some big meaty Russians to plonk in at centre back. Don't know why we don't look East. 

players from within the EU now need to apply for a work permit similar

to that of non EU players. It could prove more costly, time consuming and complicated for clubs to sign players from outwith the UK 

millerjames398
21 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Ordering a burger 😂😂 quality.

so angry but that made me laugh

Only Marshall knows, wtf he was playin at up there, hopefully doing a bit of soul searching tonight, wishin he'd just got a burger at the interval😂..Scotland eh, if you didnt laugh you'd...

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If Marshall had got a burger at half time and been eating it on the line when the shot came in he would have still saved it by the ball just bouncing off his head.

33 minutes ago, bazman said:

players from within the EU now need to apply for a work permit similar

to that of non EU players. It could prove more costly, time consuming and complicated for clubs to sign players from outwith the UK 

Yet Rangers and Celtic will sign countless players from European Countries this summer. 

46 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Bjorn Johnsen was Bulgarian leagues I think

Yep, most of the clubs in these leagues pay less than us as well, plenty of bargains to be found. 

Rocky jamboa
33 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We did really well with Rudi, Bednar and even Pospisil but more recently there was Straceny and Vanacek!
‘Worked in most cases with theLithuanians’?
Even on fairly generous criteria the success/failure ratio couldn’t have been more than 50/50 and I can’t even remember the names of some of the failures.

There was a few bad ones! Plenty good though. Zal, Jankauskas, Miko, csnauskas, Velicka

Edited by Paulp74

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yet Rangers and Celtic will sign countless players from European Countries this summer. 

Yea they will but the have more pennies than us and also the calibre of player will probably be higher so easier to get permits

Edited by bazman

Mate's neighbour is a Raith fan and he is convinced Hendry is signing for us.

I kind of hope not as my mate will think he's ITK if it happens 🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, bazman said:

Yea they will but the have more pennies than us and also the calibration of player will probably be higher so easier to get permits

I wish someone could recalibrate Marshall and O'Donnell 

davemclaren

So, a month or so ago O’Donnell was generally seen as a good signing iirc but now, after a poor game, he’s not. 🧐 

16 minutes ago, bazman said:

Yea they will but the have more pennies than us and also the calibre of player will probably be higher so easier to get permits

Rangers want to sign some young lad called Ivan Lepinjica from Rijeka in Croatia, the guys 21, never capped. So if they do sign this guy and the fact they even believe they can shows that it's not as difficult as folk would believe and perfectly reasonable to suggest that we could sign EU players. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So, a month or so ago O’Donnell was generally seen as a good signing iirc but now, after a poor game, he’s not. 🧐 

Don't see what he contributes to the team. 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Rangers want to sign some young lad called Ivan Lepinjica from Rijeka in Croatia, the guys 21, never capped. So if they do sign this guy and the fact they even believe they can shows that it's not as difficult as folk would believe and perfectly reasonable to suggest that we could sign EU players. 

I'm not saying we won't look to it but it won't be as often 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Don't see what he contributes to the team. 

Based on today I would agree but I haven’t watched/noticed him enough times to really judge. It’s just the changing opinions on here. 😄

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I refuse to believe that anyone who wanted us to sign him at any point has watched him play

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Based on today I would agree but I haven’t watched/noticed him enough times to really judge. It’s just the changing opinions on here. 😄

Forrest is a bigger threat. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You know how fickle us football supporters are. I'm like you though, not seen much of him to form an opinion. 

gorgieheart

Where is the Charlie Mulgrew nonsense coming from  ? 

More chance of Charlie Dimmock  !

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Any team can apply to sign players, the work permits are still decided by the panel. But they will have their limits as to who is eligible on specified requirements and who is eligible upon appeal. So it’s not so much whether players could be eligible to sign (one of the requirements is to improve the league, which isn’t hard) it’s whether clubs want the costs, administration paperwork etc involved in doing so. Players too might want to avoid it if unnecessary, especially if there’s competition for their signature - which at our level there could undoubtedly be. I imagine too the panel are only allowed so many special dispensations to be allowed - even regular embassies have such quotas - so if Rangers get that guy then it’ll mean there’s less chance other teams will get theirs (if they go down that route). However it has to be said it doesn’t look like many clubs are looking the foreign markets, even if you look at the last couple of years they haven’t. Imagine they’ve been preparing for potential complications.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Never rated him from the first time I saw him for Kilmarnock at Murrayfield,  always thought Taylor was the better player. 

Brophy got capped by Clarke. Loyal to those who have done him a turn.

Not a big fan of Rooney either. We should be looking at better, where scouting, research and hard work will pay off rather than lazily look at average players in a weak position in general in Scotland 

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can honestly say I’ve always preached we shouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Trust me, I’d rather be in a position to be proved wrong on that but I can’t say that’s the case.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Where is the Charlie Mulgrew nonsense coming from  ? 

More chance of Charlie Dimmock  !

Trolling somewhere in the supply chain 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Never rated him from the first time I saw him for Kilmarnock at Murrayfield,  always thought Taylor was the better player. 

Brophy got capped by Clarke. Loyal to those who have done him a turn.

Not a big fan of Rooney either. We should be looking at better, where scouting, research and hard work will pay off rather than lazily look at average players in a weak position in general in Scotland 

If we think cammy logan is going to be a player then surely we don't need a right back and should just focus on what we need

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, bazman said:

If we think cammy logan is going to be a player then surely we don't need a right back and should just focus on what we need

Really don't know enough about him whether he improves us or not. Improvement is what we want 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***