Jump to content

***Summer 2021 Transfer Window***


Recommended Posts

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If we are serious we have to be looking at better players than Hendry. 

 

You need someone who can make an impact at a higher level thus far zero indication he can 

Absolutely 👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • GinRummy

    433

  • Batistuta87

    422

  • Pasquale for King

    377

  • Smith's right boot

    333

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

As a player with zero association to the clubs, you chose Europe in my opinion. No matter how shit you do in it.

He’s a Hearts supporter apparently?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Burnley trying to buy Stoke City centre back Nathan Collins for £12M. 

 

No idea if this is relevant in any way to Jimmy Dunne or our chances of signing him.

 

Sounds like it might help our chances if we can come up with enough cash. (Big 'if' obviously).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Burnley trying to buy Stoke City centre back Nathan Collins for £12M. 

 

No idea if this is relevant in any way to Jimmy Dunne or our chances of signing him.

 

Sounds like it might help our chances if we can come up with enough cash. (Big 'if' obviously).

 

I think it's pretty clear that Jimmy Dunne won't make it at Burnley long term. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Future's Maroon
5 hours ago, Jackd51 said:

Although Transfermarkets got him at 1.17 mil


Ok, why the feck did “transformers...robots in disguise” just pop into my head?!

 

Well, this thread has been random as duck so why no?!

Edited by The Future's Maroon
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Burnley trying to buy Stoke City centre back Nathan Collins for £12M. 

 

No idea if this is relevant in any way to Jimmy Dunne or our chances of signing him.

 

Sounds like it might help our chances if we can come up with enough cash. (Big 'if' obviously).

 

 

If they sign another center half he will go out on loan.   Championship most likely.    No idea if he's accepted Burnley offer to stay.   Will be up to him or his agent. ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01
Link to post
Share on other sites
Batistuta87

Goal of the day today was Jankauskas btw.

 

He's won the Champions League. 

 

Our imminent first signing of the window must be a Champions League winner. 

 

😁

Edited by Batistuta87
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Goal of the day today was Jankauskas btw.

 

He's won the Champions League. 

 

Our imminent first signing of the window must be a Champions League winner. 

 

😁

We need a back up to haring so welcome to gorgie, ngolo kante

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Goal of the day today was Jankauskas btw.

 

He's won the Champions League. 

 

Our imminent first signing of the window must be a Champions League winner. 

 

😁


I like the way you think. But we might have to keep our eye on the goal of the day tomorrow. If it’s Colin Cameron tomorrow then expect Hendry is what I say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

What’s your preference? 2-3 wow signings. And go for A really good first 11 and fill the bench with youth, or 7-8 of our usual mix of experience, rehabs and gambles with potential and potentially a stronger depth of squad ?

 

I think we need to improve the

CD x1, 

Midfield x2

As a minimum 

 

Realistically, For me 3 players that instantly improve our first 11, 2 that improve our first 18 and 2 that are younger/ gambles 

 

If it was a choice of your options, then 2/3  wow signings, the problem is that if they get injured and soapy /Haring break down then we'd replacing them with not even average players. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:


I like the way you think. But we might have to keep our eye on the goal of the day tomorrow. If it’s Colin Cameron tomorrow then expect Hendry is what I say.

Colin Cameron

Colin... Hendry?

 

Decent defender but might not have the legs anymore...

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

 

If they sign another center half he will go out on loan.   Championship most likely.    No idea if he's accepted Burnley offer to stay.   Will be up to him or his agent. ☺ 

Think we need to move on from Dunne, he will be on bigger money than we can afford (unfortunately) . If he is as good as we think then teams in the championship will be after him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


I like the way you think. But we might have to keep our eye on the goal of the day tomorrow. If it’s Colin Cameron tomorrow then expect Hendry is what I say.

Haha, kidding obviously. I will be paying a bit more attention to goal of the day though since they did that with the 3rd kit the other day 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

I think we need to improve the

CD x1, 

Midfield x2

As a minimum 

 

Realistically, For me 3 players that instantly improve our first 11, 2 that improve our first 18 and 2 that are younger/ gambles 

 

If it was a choice of your options, then 2/3  wow signings, the problem is that if they get injured and soapy /Haring break down then we'd replacing them with not even average players. 

 

 

 

 

Personally I think this blanket scattergun signing strategy has to stop. It’s not been hugely successful and it’s wasted money probably in the millions. I’d like to see us push the boat out on 3 players. A very solid CD, a CM we can play through and a penalty box Striker. At some stage we have to start introducing young players. In at the deep end and let’s see what you’ve got. Like we did with Hickey. Just one at a time when we’ve got a decent laddie to cover an injury. We shouldn’t be covering our first team with old pros in their last couple of years, ravaged by injuries and just not hungry enough. We need a hungry team. You get that with a mixture of kids and decent players who want to move up the rungs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Colin Cameron

Colin... Hendry?

 

Decent defender but might not have the legs anymore...

 

 

 

 


Colin Cameron signed from Raith, is the thought process here

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Haha, kidding obviously. I will be paying a bit more attention to goal of the day though since they did that with the 3rd kit the other day 🙂

 


Since I came on here and called it I’ve been doing the same! 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Colin Cameron signed from Raith, is the thought process here

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

I think we need to improve the

CD x1, 

Midfield x2

As a minimum 

 

Realistically, For me 3 players that instantly improve our first 11, 2 that improve our first 18 and 2 that are younger/ gambles 

 

If it was a choice of your options, then 2/3  wow signings, the problem is that if they get injured and soapy /Haring break down then we'd replacing them with not even average players. 

 

 

 

 

Cd? Weve all moved on to digital music noo pal

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Personally I think this blanket scattergun signing strategy has to stop. It’s not been hugely successful and it’s wasted money probably in the millions. I’d like to see us push the boat out on 3 players. A very solid CD, a CM we can play through and a penalty box Striker. At some stage we have to start introducing young players. In at the deep end and let’s see what you’ve got. Like we did with Hickey. Just one at a time when we’ve got a decent laddie to cover an injury. We shouldn’t be covering our first team with old pros in their last couple of years, ravaged by injuries and just not hungry enough. We need a hungry team. You get that with a mixture of kids and decent players who want to move up the rungs.

 

Not sure we had a scatter gun approach, bad luck or bad scouting Tbh. 

 

There is no harm in taking in a few gambles from the lower league, low risk high reward. Most clubs will take in these sorts relative to your position. 

 

The signings like DV, Osh, Stockton aren't great but in general I don't think it's been scatter gun. 

 

Guys like Whelan and Damour should have been good at our level, especially Damour he'd just played over 30 games in the championship the season before. 

 

IMO we've not had a great balance, I think we have that now. Also, when we had Djoum, Haring, Naismith, Berra, Washington amongst others Injured it ****ed us at that time, we can't allow how we reacted to that to happen again. 

 

 

I hope throwing young  players in at the deep end in any large quantity is not a strategy, we will need some strength in depth as well as improving the first 11 imo. 

 

Edited by Smith's right boot
Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
7 hours ago, sadj said:

Cd? Weve all moved on to digital music noo pal

Not me. 

 

:conspiracy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Holyrood_Hearts
18 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not at all. I fully stand by it. watch both their goals here:

 fully to blame for letting Edoaurd get close to Bobby, and the second an embarrassing attempt to swipe the ball away. 

 

In the final 2020, he jumps with his hands up in the air for their penalty. Stupidity from a player of his experience. If he kept his hands down we'd have won that game 2-1 in 90 minutes and no need for pens.

I’m sorry but that last paragraph is nonsense. It’s a different game at only 1-0 & Berra doesn’t give a stupid penalty away. Nobody knows how the game would’ve played out. 
 

On Berra, I partly feel sorry for him as he was never the same after the injury & his performances (especially the 1st half of 2 seasons ago-before Stendel came in) & last season under Neilson were horrendous. Levein & Neilson are at fault too for picking him when he clearly wasn’t at it, & in particular Neilson should never have brought him back into the squad. 
 

But, Berra’s attitude has been a disgrace. He was making mistakes/scoring OG’s every other week but before Stendel rightly dropped him. To go greeting to the press about it, then go on to claim he’s one of the fittest at the club at that time was delusional. His comments at the end of last season too were pretty poor. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet

So, nothing by the end of the working week, but some still think something is to happen by the end of the calendar week - could today be the day?

 

My prediction: Liam Polwarth and an underwhelming player will be announced when the Scotland game is on on Monday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson
10 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:


Ok, why the feck did “transformers...robots in disguise” just pop into my head?!

 

Well, this thread has been random as duck so why no?!

I'm gonna sing that every time i read transfermarkt now

Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I’m sorry but that last paragraph is nonsense. It’s a different game at only 1-0 & Berra doesn’t give a stupid penalty away. Nobody knows how the game would’ve played out. 
 

On Berra, I partly feel sorry for him as he was never the same after the injury & his performances (especially the 1st half of 2 seasons ago-before Stendel came in) & last season under Neilson were horrendous. Levein & Neilson are at fault too for picking him when he clearly wasn’t at it, & in particular Neilson should never have brought him back into the squad. 
 

But, Berra’s attitude has been a disgrace. He was making mistakes/scoring OG’s every other week but before Stendel rightly dropped him. To go greeting to the press about it, then go on to claim he’s one of the fittest at the club at that time was delusional. His comments at the end of last season too were pretty poor. 
 

 

At 1-0 to them we would definitely have won the game. Going in at half time 1-0 and having knocked on the door a few times we would

have been right up for it. I’m telling you. If he keeps his hands down we’re winning that cup

 

the press issue was disgraceful. Really unprofessional on his part 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

This thread is pointless without signings 

 

I seen two or three Italians last night worth casting an eye over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
32 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

This thread is pointless without signings 

Indeed . About 9000 pointless posts (this being another) when virtually no-one has done any business .

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Indeed . About 9000 pointless posts (this being another) when virtually no-one has done any business .


Not quite. Only Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone haven’t done any business, technically we’ve signed Stewart but if you don’t count him then it’s only three teams out of the 12 that haven’t brought anyone in: https://www.transfermarkt.com/scottish-premiership/transfers/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2021&s_w=&leihe=3&intern=0&intern=1

Edited by BackOfTheNet
Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Not quite. Only Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone haven’t done any business, technically we’ve signed Stewart but if you don’t count him then it’s only three teams out of the 12 that haven’t brought anyone in: https://www.transfermarkt.com/scottish-premiership/transfers/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2021&s_w=&leihe=3&intern=0&intern=1

Majority of business is players left/been released (68) . 42 still without clubs 

My point is the usual flurry  of business not happening yet .

Don't doubt lots of work being done behind the scenes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
48 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Majority of business is players left/been released (68) . 42 still without clubs 

My point is the usual flurry  of business not happening yet .

Don't doubt lots of work being done behind the scenes 


Some teams, like St. Mirren, Aberdeen and Livingston have had flurries. Other teams mostly one or two signings so far. Think teams in Europe will be re-calculating budgets depending on progress, weighing up whether to spend now to help them qualify or spend less now hoping to qualify with majority of what they have and then use increased budgets from qualification to bolster the side for actual competition. Teams not in Europe already know what their remit is though, so less activity from those sides - including us - seems a little strange. Especially with pre-season less than a week away and first League Cup game less than a month away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
32 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Some teams, like St. Mirren, Aberdeen and Livingston have had flurries. Other teams mostly one or two signings so far. Think teams in Europe will be re-calculating budgets depending on progress, weighing up whether to spend now to help them qualify or spend less now hoping to qualify with majority of what they have and then use increased budgets from qualification to bolster the side for actual competition. Teams not in Europe already know what their remit is though, so less activity from those sides - including us - seems a little strange. Especially with pre-season less than a week away and first League Cup game less than a month away.

Less activity , as in actual signing , maybe down to tougher negotiations?

All budgets probably down this year perhaps taking players a wee bit longer to accept financial reality ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Homme said:

 

I seen two or three Italians last night worth casting an eye over.

 

That wee Insigne isn't big enough for us

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Less activity , as in actual signing , maybe down to tougher negotiations?

All budgets probably down this year perhaps taking players a wee bit longer to accept financial reality ?


Could be. Imagine Brexit has a knock on effect too. Not just ability to get EU/Schengen area players in limited, but because they’re limited it puts UK based players in a stronger negotiating position in a way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BEDNAR BOY
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, nothing by the end of the working week, but some still think something is to happen by the end of the calendar week - could today be the day?

 

My prediction: Liam Polwarth and an underwhelming player will be announced when the Scotland game is on on Monday.

 

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Could be. Imagine Brexit has a knock on effect too. Not just ability to get EU/Schengen area players in limited, but because they’re limited it puts UK based players in a stronger negotiating position in a way.

Liam Polworth “and” an underwhelming player. Please replace and with is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Could be. Imagine Brexit has a knock on effect too. Not just ability to get EU/Schengen area players in limited, but because they’re limited it puts UK based players in a stronger negotiating position in a way.

Surely Polworth is underwhelming?

Link to post
Share on other sites
LarrysRightFoot

Do we have an interest in Polwarh or is it just another name KB has pulled from nowhere? 
 

IMO he’s a decent passer of the ball but he is very slow and ponderous at times. Put it this way he’s a similar player to a Irving but Irving has far more potential. 
 

We need players with pace, energy and dynamism. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auld Reekin'
44 minutes ago, Jeff said:

 

That wee Insigne isn't big enough for us

 

:icon14:   Levein always liked a big, "Immobile", centre-forward...   :whistling:

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
28 minutes ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

 

Liam Polworth “and” an underwhelming player. Please replace and with is.

 

19 minutes ago, pointon said:

Surely Polworth is underwhelming?


Don’t have a strong opinion either way. I was just making a wee joke based on people saying we’re expecting two in before pre-season (Tuesday) and Polwarth being one of those names that never seems to go away. But don’t know his game enough to determine if he would be underwhelming - my ignorance of his play isn’t an excuse for calling him underwhelming at least. But then couldn’t be bothered to make up a second name.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...