***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

south morocco
44 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

It’s quite odd, ok maybe folk don’t like him or his way of doing things/style/tactics...but, and this might be a boot in the baws to some....his record as Hearts manager in the Championship is twice there, twice walked it and got promoted at first time of asking...that’s hard facts?

I am not his biggest fan, but he has done, twice, what he was asked to do, yet he still gets pelters!

Yes, I expect pelters for this post!

No pelters from me, I just think Neilson is a boring manager with boring tactics.Will be interesting to see how next season goes for him if results don’t happen….

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rocky jamboa
45 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

It’s quite odd, ok maybe folk don’t like him or his way of doing things/style/tactics...but, and this might be a boot in the baws to some....his record as Hearts manager in the Championship is twice there, twice walked it and got promoted at first time of asking...that’s hard facts?

I am not his biggest fan, but he has done, twice, what he was asked to do, yet he still gets pelters!

Big wowee! That's like someone saying they've played their kid at football twice in the garden and won easy.... twice! 

Any club our size would walk that pishy league. 

50 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Given our keeper saved us about 15 points this season we certainly didn't walk it second time around. He's just a poor manager devoid of inspiring players or fans alike. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Given our keeper saved us about 15 points this season we certainly didn't walk it second time around. He's just a poor manager devoid of inspiring players or fans alike. 

Succinctly put 👍🏽

Mr Brightside
10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Big wowee! That's like someone saying they've played their kid at football twice in the garden and won easy.... twice! 

Any club our size would walk that pishy league. 

Except Rangers, Hibs and Dundee Utd didn’t first time and they are all big Scottish clubs.

Neilson can be negative but his league record for Hearts is very good.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, south morocco said:

No pelters from me, I just think Neilson is a boring manager with boring tactics.Will be interesting to see how next season goes for him if results don’t happen….

Might be more interesting how next season goes for him if results do happen. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We walked it, saying we didn't is risible. 

When did we look like being caught, the gap was large for a long long time 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It won't. 

Saint Jambo
10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Pretty much cheated by playing with a goalie. Hoping the SPFL will realise and strip us of the title. Then we can really slate Neilson.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We walked it, saying we didn't is risible. 

When did we look like being caught, the gap was large for a long long time 

Mid Feb onwards. Easy to forget. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Pretty much cheated by playing with a goalie. Hoping the SPFL will realise and strip us of the title. Then we can really slate Neilson.

Just as well we have a great one.

Pasquale for King

Surely we will sign

someone tomorrow?

Edited by Pasquale for King
Wrong thread 😂😆

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Our lead never dropped to single digits during that period.

I wanted Neilson sacked after the Brora game, but this page shows how unhinged some of the criticism is. Any team our size would walk the championship, ignoring Rangers and Hibs were in the league the first time. We can't have walked the league because our keeper made saves, like arguing we can't have walked it because Boyce scored goals. And we looked like being caught, even though we maintained a double digit lead. I get not liking Neilson's style, but this criticism is bat shit crazy.

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I wanted Neilson sacked after the Brora game, but this page shows how unhinged some of the criticism is. Any team our size would walk the championship, ignoring Rangers and Hibs were in the league the first time. We can't have walked the league because our keeper made saves, like arguing we can't have walked it because Boyce scored goals. And we looked like being caught, even though we maintained a double digit lead. I get not liking Neilson's style, but this criticism is bat shit crazy.

But he did. 

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely we will sign

someone tomorrow?

I very much hope so.

If all the rumours from Friday and yesterday are to be believed then there is a player who was close to signing or about to sign.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I very much hope so.

If all the rumours from Friday and yesterday are to be believed then there is a player who was close to signing or about to sign.

It would give us something new to discuss at least 😆

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would give us something new to discuss at least 😆

Completely. This thread has too many tangents. 

south morocco
35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not really more interesting because the results would keep him in post. Was meaning interesting in how long he’d last if they don’t. I don’t particularly like Neilson but hope we do well next season obvs 

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

On the flip side, his cup record is appalling and his “money spinner” comments after the home cup game against Hibs, and failure to accept any responsibility for the defeats against Alloa and Brora are shameful.  Not even mentioning losing to Maltese part-timers. 

Some folk are quick to forget, fickle even, yet some aren’t so quick to forgo these failures.  I’m not ashamed to say I’m in the latter. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Not really more interesting because the results would keep him in post. Was meaning interesting in how long he’d last if they don’t. I don’t particularly like Neilson but hope we do well next season obvs 

I think it is interesting as quite a few folks envisage a debacle next season. If he actually does well I’m not convinced all will really welcome it. Anyway, not too long before we find out. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely. This thread has too many tangents. 

I’m awful for that so apologies to anyone offended 🖐🏽🤚🏻

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Given our keeper saved us about 15 points this season we certainly didn't walk it second time around. 

Christ. 

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it is interesting as quite a few folks envisage a debacle next season. If he actually does well I’m not convinced all will really welcome it. Anyway, not too long before we find out. 

Unfortunately it's too late by then. 

BackOfTheNet

So which level of whelm do we think the first signing will reach? Scottish football journeyman level of whelm? Young prospect whelm? WOW whelm? Or James Anderson funded marquee signing level of whelm?

57 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I agree. People tie themselves in knots desperately trying to dismiss Robbie’s successes while focusing solely on his failures. 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Im confused are you saying from mid feb onward we looked like being caught?

12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Correct. 

I never felt we were getting caught , what points did you feel like that and why. Even in first gear as we were most of the season we were better than all the other teams

Batistuta87

A while ago I wondered what would come first - 100 pages or a new player. 

Currently not far off 200......

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Do you think will do well? And if yes - or no for that matter - why?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If he does well fans will be happy enough.Football fans are the most fickle folk on the planet.

BRAVEHEART1874

If we sign a decent centre back, an igor rossi or jimmy dunne type rather than popescu giving the ball away or halket falling on his arse then  I don`t envisage a debacle next season. 

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

So , if I understand you correctly , we have no inspiring players or inspiring fans ?

sandylejambo

Every Hearts fan hopes we do well, but we have all saw some of the worst football ever played by Hearts this season, that and the sugar Neilson talks as well as losing the dressing room leaves very little room for optimism of the coming season, boring walking football is what we are expecting from Neilson's team.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The club is probably glad of the Euros being a distraction as no one is paying any attention to transfers anywhere. That might change once the SFA XI get knocked out.

This signing malarky - Doddle  - Might I suggest

Jamie Hamilton - Hamilton

Jimmy Dunne  Free

Barry Mckay Free

Toby Sibbick Return of previous player (Kickback Obsession) covers centre mid centre half and right back

Alex Mowatt Barnsley a centre midfield football player - pay some money for him Hearts

Please no more ancient useless pricks wi gammy knees and more clubs than jack nicklaus or indeed imposters who barely are footballers on 3/4 year deals 

Now lets get on wi pumping the Tic and the tribute act

millerjames398
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So which level of whelm do we think the first signing will reach? Scottish football journeyman level of whelm? Young prospect whelm? WOW whelm? Or James Anderson funded marquee signing level of whelm?

Im hopin for the james Anderson, getting his big wonga walloper out, and wow us all, and the rest of the league, with a marquee signing,,a statement of intent😂🇱🇻

6 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

This signing malarky - Doddle  - Might I suggest

Jamie Hamilton - Hamilton

Jimmy Dunne  Free

Barry Mckay Free

Toby Sibbick Return of previous player (Kickback Obsession) covers centre mid centre half and right back

Alex Mowatt Barnsley a centre midfield football player - pay some money for him Hearts

Please no more ancient useless pricks wi gammy knees and more clubs than jack nicklaus or indeed imposters who barely are footballers on 3/4 year deals 

Now lets get on wi pumping the Tic and the tribute act

Alex Mowatt is worth a couple of million, not a chance in hell he would come up here. 

More likely he'd get a low Premier League team. 

Barnsley were in the playoffs this year remember

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Im hopin for the james Anderson, getting his big wonga walloper out, and wow us all, and the rest of the league, with a marquee signing,,a statement of intent😂🇱🇻

Must be a long signature if he’s getting his walloper out!

:stitch:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***