***Summer 2021 Transfer Window***

Newton51
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Kerr seems to be one we've been rumoured to have been interested in for several years. I would have thought it would take a reasonable fee to get St Johnstone to let Kerr go a year early. If they win the cup and are guaranteed group stage European football, I think it will be impossible.

McCann looks even more of a long shot to me. 21 with two years left on his contract. I would have thought they'll be looking for a sizeable fee.

mccann been linked with rangers. Think Kerr might go to Hibs if they can find some Mug to buy porteous

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batistuta87

• GinRummy

• Smith's right boot

• Leveins Battalion

Baxfee

I’d love a couple of signings that on paper look underwhelming. They have come good for us in the past as opposed to the so called ‘great captures’ which have been poor. Nippy sweety -who drives forward - midfielder please

Ribble
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

And what did they think?

No idea, only know that he's been sounded out about the possibility

credit card
6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I think he’s going to Miami.......

6 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

The official Zen Jambo Random English younger L2 players that 'cold do a job' I have seen and are worth a punt plus have sell on an potential and is entirely subjective list, is as follows:

Ricardo Santos 

Will Smith

Josh McPake

Václav Hladký (not young) 

Paul Mullin 

Brad Lyons

Josh March

Hiram Boateng

Kane Wilson

Snappier list titles are available. 

Will Smith? A fresh Prince (Bauben?)

gregzy2k7

My wish list is

Stewart (livingston)

Gallagher (motherwell)

Patterson (Shef wed loan)

Lindsay (stoke)

Campbell (Motherwell)

Ginelly (preston)

McGrath (st mirren)

Moult (preston)

If I'm being greedy another striker but would be happy with those 8.

bobby bombscare
14 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

My wish list is

Stewart (livingston)

Gallagher (motherwell)

Patterson (Shef wed loan)

Lindsay (stoke)

Campbell (Motherwell)

Ginelly (preston)

McGrath (st mirren)

Moult (preston)

If I'm being greedy another striker but would be happy with those 8.

I know it's a wish list.. but no chance of getting Patterson on loan. He has been integral to that Wednesday and has often been hailed as one of the signings that could save them from relegation!

Stewart as a number 2 (possibly 3 depending on young stone) is a solid signing though and he seems to enjoy being here!

BigAlim

I'm getting right confused by folk spelling Calum Patersons name wrong, thinking they're referring to Nathan Patterson and vice versa :lol:

gregzy2k7
29 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I'm getting right confused by folk spelling Calum Patersons name wrong, thinking they're referring to Nathan Patterson and vice versa :lol:

My bad haha, should probably google them before i write their names lol 

P.s would take Nathan Patterson aswell.

bobby bombscare

Since we're doing dream signings, I'll join in. Warn you though, it'll be a long one!

here is the signings for the summer:

Defence
Jimmy Dunne - Out of contract in the summer. Not a lot of clubs pulling off massive transfers cause of covid and if nothing else, he'd be an investment. I mean it is a wishlist and we have a lot of success with getting irish and Ni players recognition by their international scouts. 

Murray Wallace - Milwall contract expiring, scottish lad and could see us as a way of getting himself noticed by the national setup. Still young enough to have the hunger needed at 28 years old.

Which would make back 3 options Souttar, Smith, Dunne, Wallace, Harring and Halkett. 4 of those players able to play the ball out from the back naturally and should souttar get another injury or smith need to be moved to wing back (or rested as he is getting on now). The replacement options are of a good quality! (except Halkett..)

Logan on a 1 year deal and him and Brandon (and smith where required) to take the right wing back role as Brandon looked much better in that role than he ever did as a right back! Then next season, both can go or stay. Depends how they do over this 2021/22 season.

Halliday to be moved permanently to left wing-back to compete with Kingsley. Both look more comfortable there than anywhere else.

Midfield

Kerr smith brought in if Irvine and Damour go as a future investment. 

I'd also like to see someone brought in as backup to peter Harring, who plays similar to him. As we really struggle without his presence in midfield. 

Outside of that, some of the younger boys coming back in and kicking on a bit! We have enough midfielders to almost have a starting 11 purely of midfielders! Also Naisy to not be played in the midfield role anymore as he doesn't have the legs for it now. 

Up Front

Ginelley to come in time for a full pre-season with him and GMS hopefully first choice wingers when playing wingers. 

Other than that, I'd like to see naisy back to playing up front for us as that has always where he has played his best football for us! But as backup to boyce! Also like to see henderson getting more game time in that central role as he seems to play his best as a proper striker! So would have 4 options the 2 striker positions depending eha formation we play. That's plenty options. 

It is a wishlist (and some unlikely options on it) but feel there is the basis of a team that was starting to really rip teams apart and that was thanks to Harring being back and getting Naisy moved back into a striker role out of the midfield.

So 6 signing and 2 extensions (although Gino technically isn't an extension) that i think would make us a better squad and one of which i don't have an exact player for. so if someone has any ideas of who could run a midfield like peter harring and could be had in the summer, feel free to recommend!

TypoonJambo
5 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Since we're doing dream signings, I'll join in. Warn you though, it'll be a long one!

Defence
Jimmy Dunne - Out of contract in the summer. Not a lot of clubs pulling off massive transfers cause of covid and if nothing else, he'd be an investment. I mean it is a wishlist and we have a lot of success with getting irish and Ni players recognition by their international scouts. 

Murray Wallace - Milwall contract expiring, scottish lad and could see us as a way of getting himself noticed by the national setup. Still young enough to have the hunger needed at 28 years old.

Which would make back 3 options Souttar, Smith, Dunne, Wallace, Harring and Halkett. 4 of those players able to play the ball out from the back naturally and should souttar get another injury or smith need to be moved to wing back (or rested as he is getting on now). The replacement options are of a good quality! (except Halkett..)

Logan on a 1 year deal and him and Brandon (and smith where required) to take the right wing back role as Brandon looked much better in that role than he ever did as a right back! Then next season, both can go or stay. Depends how they do over this 2021/22 season.

Halliday to be moved permanently to left wing-back to compete with Kingsley. Both look more comfortable there than anywhere else.

Midfield

Kerr smith brought in if Irvine and Damour go as a future investment. 

I'd also like to see someone brought in as backup to peter Harring, who plays similar to him. As we really struggle without his presence in midfield. 

Outside of that, some of the younger boys coming back in and kicking on a bit! We have enough midfielders to almost have a starting 11 purely of midfielders! Also Naisy to not be played in the midfield role anymore as he doesn't have the legs for it now. 

Up Front

Ginelley to come in time for a full pre-season with him and GMS hopefully first choice wingers when playing wingers. 

Other than that, I'd like to see naisy back to playing up front for us as that has always where he has played his best football for us! But as backup to boyce! Also like to see henderson getting more game time in that central role as he seems to play his best as a proper striker! So would have 4 options the 2 striker positions depending eha formation we play. That's plenty options. 

It is a wishlist (and some unlikely options on it) but feel there is the basis of a team that was starting to really rip teams apart and that was thanks to Harring being back and getting Naisy moved back into a striker role out of the midfield.

So 6 signing and 2 extensions (although Gino technically isn't an extension) that i think would make us a better squad and one of which i don't have an exact player for. so if someone has any ideas of who could run a midfield like peter harring and could be had in the summer, feel free to recommend!

I largely agree but at the back I'd also like to see game time for the young lad Logan.

TommyC

Neilson's confirmed Shay Logan isn't getting a permanent deal so we can stop counting Smith as a Centre Half.

heartsjosh
5 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Defence

Murray signed a new 2 year contract, in February I think. 

The Old Tolbooth
17 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

No problems mate,good idea by the way. I might go onto Dragons den with a breathalyser locked keyboard idea. Could save a good few marriages.

And a good few bans from threads on here too :lol: 

The Old Tolbooth

Of course he's not keeping Logan, he's looked decent since coming in :facepalm:

What a feck up!! 

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Neilson's confirmed Shay Logan isn't getting a permanent deal so we can stop counting Smith as a Centre Half.

I like Smith but he is definitely not a wing back and I am not convinced he offers enough going forward even to a good right back any more. 

Reckon we should look to move him on and invest in a new full back. 

jamboinglasgow

The Sum is reporting Hibs are in pole position to sign Daniel Mackay from Inverness. 

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The Sum is reporting Hibs are in pole position to sign Daniel Mackay from Inverness. 

Of course they are.

fast_blood
19 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Of course he's not keeping Logan, he's looked decent since coming in :facepalm:

What a feck up!! 

Maybe a better option has come up? 

Smith's right boot
57 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Unless we get a certain C Patterson back.... 

Also, Aberdeen are still playing so I wouldn't expect any pre contracts from Scottish teams confirmed until the seasons end. 

The Old Tolbooth
42 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Maybe a better option has come up? 

If it has, then Robbie won't have spotted it for sure. 

Nookie Bear

Key to this summer is somehow offloading Naismith and Damour

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Of course they are.

Its annoying because I would have like him at Hearts. Though there is something a bit scattershot about Hibs recruitment, they sign endless midfielders, and there attempt to sign any young player possible reminds me of Dundee United after they had success with Robertson and a few others, they went overboard with recruiting young players and everything fell apart.

GinRummy
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Key to this summer is somehow offloading Naismith and Damour

Once again, getting rid of deadwood early could make a huge difference. Damour in particular, really winds me up. Hopefully moves are afoot to get him gone.

Lfhearts

Lavery out of contract and leaving Linfield likely to go to league 1 in England.

Batistuta87

Would quite like to sign Luke O'Nien from Sunderland or Nicky Devlin from Livi for cover/competition at RB if we're not keeping Logan. Neither of them are particularly young at 26 and 27 respectively, but they could do a good job for us for the next 3 seasons potentially. 

fast_blood
55 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If it has, then Robbie won't have spotted it for sure. 

Savage's job to dig them out mate 

The Old Tolbooth
13 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Savage's job to dig them out mate 

Small mercies and all that mate eh? It won't matter who we sign under Neilson though, he's only got one style of play. 

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its annoying because I would have like him at Hearts. Though there is something a bit scattershot about Hibs recruitment, they sign endless midfielders, and there attempt to sign any young player possible reminds me of Dundee United after they had success with Robertson and a few others, they went overboard with recruiting young players and everything fell apart.

The only player who stood out v Inverness was Naismith from Rangers.Can't say i noticed this lad Hibs are after.

If he was any good i would imagine Neilson,Savage,JJ,Mculloch would maybe of noticed.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The only player who stood out v Inverness was Naismith from Rangers.Can't say i noticed this lad Hibs are after.

If he was any good i would imagine Neilson,Savage,JJ,Mculloch would maybe of noticed.

Is it not Kennedy from Rangers? On your second point we have missed out on good Young Scottish talent for years why should we think we are suddenly on the ball with this?

milky_26
3 minutes ago, lou said:

Is it not Kennedy from Rangers? On your second point we have missed out on good Young Scottish talent for years why should we think we are suddenly on the ball with this?

kai kennedy is on loan at raith, lyall is on loan at ICT from rangers

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, lou said:

You right it was Kennedy,i can't honestly recall this lad Hibs are after.

Leveins Battalion

Gino is the best winger in the Championship by a country mile.Rather him than anybody elde.

May one-six
13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If there is an outstanding prospect at Inverness who is ready to move on and Robbo/Neil McCann are not giving us a a heads up, I would be extremely disappointed.

Newton51

Seen mackay and looked half decent but not in ginnelly class when fit. 

16 minutes ago, lou said:

Not sure Rangers would do it, but would like to try sticking a bid in for the laddie. Not likely to get a chance there much like Mcrorie that went to Aberdeen. 

Jamiemac
Posted (edited)

https://enrgsport.net/2021/04/02/hearts-should-they-stay-or-should-they-go-2021/

wee bit gutted to hear Logan won’t be staying, but I think it is the right call. 

changed my opinion on Irving since I wrote that article , clearly doesn’t want to stay. Need a replacement though, not sure who I want us to go for. 

starting to warm to Halliday a bit more too (really hated him at the start) 

Edited by Jamiemac
jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

kai kennedy is on loan at raith, lyall is on loan at ICT from rangers

He was at Inverness until January where when he signed a new contract with Rangers and then moved to Raith.

GinRummy
15 minutes ago, May one-six said:

If there is an outstanding prospect at Inverness who is ready to move on and Robbo/Neil McCann are not giving us a a heads up, I would be extremely disappointed.

You actually think that they'd consult us or give us some sort of 'heads up' if they were tempted to sell a player?

Famous 1874

Ginnelly should be the short-term priority. Then likely push the boat out for Allan Campbell and possibly Declan Gallagher.

Gav M
8 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Surley Chuck Berra’s wages at Gallagher ?

is that the guy who sung Johnny B Goode?

Robdawg
4 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Never heard of him .

Ford Prentice
37 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Both Daniel McKay and Roddie MacGregor have impressed when I've watched Inverness this season. Two good young prospects I'd like to see us sign.

Ted Hastings
16 minutes ago, Gav M said:

11 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Never heard of him .

It's an oldie, well it's an oldie where i come from.

milky_26
38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He was at Inverness until January where when he signed a new contract with Rangers and then moved to Raith.

cheers, i wasnt paying too much attention to it

34 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ginnelly should be the short-term priority. Then likely push the boat out for Allan Campbell and possibly Declan Gallagher.

Totally agree on Campbell and Gallagher. With Berra going that’s a big earner off the table. Naismith might retire and Damour will hopefully finally go this window which should created the budget space for both if we can get something agreed!! 

Wonder if Motherwell would waive the development fee for Roberts plus a sell on % ? (Or at least get it down to a workable level) 

Stu_HMFC
58 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not sure Rangers would do it, but would like to try sticking a bid in for the laddie. Not likely to get a chance there much like Mcrorie that went to Aberdeen. 

Kai Kennedy ? on loan from Rangers ? I suggested this a few weeks ago and was shot down by someone on here because he hasn't showing enough at Raith and a daft wee laddie from Rangers :jj_facepalm: 

Id take him on loan next season. 

Stu_HMFC
43 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Surley Chuck Berra’s wages at Gallagher ?

And probably still have a extra couple grand a week free.

May one-six
48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You actually think that they'd consult us or give us some sort of 'heads up' if they were tempted to sell a player?

I wouldn't expect them to consult us in any way, but I'd certainly expect them to say 'This guy's worth looking at'. Of course, most players have agents who will tout them around, but it's always good to have the opinion of someone who's worked with them day to day.

OmiyaHearts

Ross Stewart signed a pre contract with us.