***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Players like Jamie McGrath of St Mirren (would cost some money) or Declan Gallagher of Motherwell (out of contract) are being looked at and are the right type of player to consider

In these times of Covid there will be financial pressures on many clubs and especially in England with a large pool of players available.....fans can have opinions but in our case the DOF and scouts will be put to the test this summer as one person just cannot track all those who could be of interest

Jason Kerr or Ali McCann at St Johnstone as well

I'd like Jason Kerr I think that Gordon is no bad too he came through with us a few years ago and we let him go. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It's a guaranteed £3m income. Quite the windfall for whichever club gets it.

Big demands for a team to be playing that many games, be interesting to see how clubs like ourselves handle that many games when it happens. 

I'd rather be in Europe than the lc diddy rounds but it could go either way, help momentum for the new season or be an extra drain over the course it. 

Many of the games will likely be in far away places as well. 

Leveins Battalion

If we are looking at NI league top 3 players for me are Shane Lavery,Fuad Sule and Lue McCulllogh.

Edited by Leveins Battalion

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If we are looking at NI league top 3 players for me are Shane Lavery,Fuad Sule and Lue McCulllogh.

None of them good enough, Paul Smyth ex Linfield a better bet.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Reading this morning that we start pre season mid June so hopefully start to see a few more rumours over next few weeks.

Read an interview over the weekend where he was saying that some of the lads (I think he said nine - Souttar being one of them) were getting no time off at all and would be training right through, so their pre-season starts today. Some are getting a week off so will start home programmes next Monday, some two weeks, but each player has their own individual plan to follow.

---------------------------------------

Absolutely nothing will be announced today, due to the social media blackout for those expecting any transfer news today.  

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Read an interview over the weekend where he was saying that some of the lads were getting no time off at all and would be training right through, so their pre-season starts today. Some are getting a week off so will start next Monday, some two weeks, but each player has their own individual plan to follow and nobody is getting any more than a couple of weeks off. He also wants to recruit early in some areas, to integrate them into training and into the squad, and says we can take our time over some others. 

Absolutely nothing will be announced today due to the social media blackout.  

Not meaning to be argumentative but would they not just announce any news on the official website.

Saint Jambo
10 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Unless I’m mistaken.....

Whoever finishes 3rd or wins the Scottish Cup is guaranteed European Football until December.

I can see that being a draw for some players.

With the OF both out the cup, it is whoever wins the cup that will be in a single play-off to go into the Europa League group stage. If they lost that they go straight into the Europa Conference League group stage (which could include teams like Liverpool, Villareal, Roma or Bayer Leverkusen based on current league standings).

Whereas the two teams that qualify for the Europa Conference League through league placings will have to play three qualifying rounds to get into the group stage.

All the more reason to keep your fingers crossed that Hibs don't win the cup.

Zen Jambo

The official Zen Jambo Random English younger L2 players that 'cold do a job' I have seen and are worth a punt plus have sell on an potential and is entirely subjective list, is as follows:

Ricardo Santos 

Will Smith

Josh McPake

Václav Hladký (not young) 

Paul Mullin 

Brad Lyons

Josh March

Hiram Boateng

Kane Wilson

Snappier list titles are available. 

Batistuta87
Just now, GinRummy said:

Not meaning to be argumentative but would they not just announce any news on the official website.

Yeah they could do of course - but would be reducing the reach of the story quite significantly, and would also be triggering a flurry of social media activity as a result of everyone talking about it and sharing the story, which is sort of the opposite of what this whole thing is trying to achieve. If we have signed someone, I would honestly bet my house on us sitting on the announcement until the blackout has ended.  

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah they could do of course - but would be reducing the reach of the story quite significantly, and would also be triggering a flurry of social media activity as a result of everyone talking about it and sharing the story, which is sort of the opposite of what this whole thing is trying to achieve. If we have signed someone, I would honestly bet my house on us sitting on the announcement until the blackout has ended.  

Never thought about the knock on effect. Makes sense.

The Old Tolbooth
On 30/04/2021 at 18:54, TypoonJambo said:

You've got me wrong. I'm in the same camp as you. It wasn't Stendek, it was those players that went out there and stabbed him in the back. He had the players and his system with them should have destroyed them. They didn't try a jot. It wasn't stendel that put in a half arsed performance.  It was the players.  I'd have given him another season with his coaching team and his recruits.

Ah, apologies mate, I get very tires of seeing folk defend the current regime and slating Stendel for doing not a lot wrong (I would have replied sooner but I stay away from this place when I've had a beer now) :) 

13 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

The official Zen Jambo Random English younger L2 players that 'cold do a job' I have seen and are worth a punt plus have sell on an potential and is entirely subjective list, is as follows:

Ricardo Santos 

Will Smith

Josh McPake

Paul Mullin 

Brad Lyons

Josh March

Hiram Boateng

Kane Wilson

I think he’s going to Miami.......

Agentjambo

Shayne Lavery would be a top signing.Quick,tricky and very good finisher.Banging in the goals and still only 22.

Batistuta87
56 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Ricardo Santos 

Will Smith

Josh McPake

Paul Mullin 

Brad Lyons

Josh March

Hiram Boateng

Kane Wilson

I quite like the title :D 

However, I'm not keen on the idea of signing players from League Two. I mean look how good Eliott Frear (a regular for Forest Green) turned out to be, and remember this is where Bobby Burns (who struggled to even get into our Reserves) and James Wilson (who scored a massive three goals in a season at Aberdeen) are currently playing. 

Hladky would be good. He was excellent at St Mirren and I was really surprised when he only signed for Salford. I thought he'd have gone to the Championship or to a top half Scottish side. 

Big Santos and McPake are the only other ones I'd be slightly interested in, and only because Santos is an absolute unit and would be a good asset at set-pieces - both in an attacking and in a defensive sense. McPake looks decent, but that's probably why he's at Rangers. 

The only players I'm interested in from L2 are Jacob Bedeau from Scunthorpe (centre back) and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (left back) from Oldham - and I'm not sure we even need a left back. 

Edited by Batistuta87

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Shayne Lavery would be a top signing.Quick,tricky and very good finisher.Banging in the goals and still only 22.

only a couple of his goals on youtube but those that are suggest an instinctive finisher who knows where the goal is.

Zen Jambo
32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I quite like the title :D 

However, I'm not keen on the idea of signing players from League Two. I mean look how good Eliott Frear (a regular for Forest Green) turned out to be, and remember this is where Bobby Burns (who struggled to even get into our Reserves) and James Wilson (who scored a massive three goals in a season at Aberdeen) are currently playing. 

Hladky would be good. He was excellent at St Mirren and I was really surprised when he only signed for Salford. I thought he'd have gone to the Championship or to a top half Scottish side. 

Big Santos and McPake are the only other ones I'd be slightly interested in, and only because Santos is an absolute unit and would be a good asset at set-pieces - both in an attacking and in a defensive sense. McPake looks decent, but that's probably why he's at Rangers. 

The only players I'm interested in from L2 are Jacob Bedeau from Scunthorpe (centre back) and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (left back) from Oldham - and I'm not sure we even need a left back. 

I hear what your saying but every league is made up of other peoples rejects.

However, that’s only part of the story. 

There is an abundance of hungry players in L1 and L2 and these are some of players that ha e provided moments of brilliance. 

As for McPake. He’s not ready for Rangers first team, but could easily play a part in most other Scot Prem teams next season. 

He’s playing at Wembley at 5. Let’s see if he puts himself in the shop window. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

I hear what your saying but every league is made up of other peoples rejects.

However, that’s only part of the story. 

There is an abundance of hungry players in L1 and L2 and these are some of players that ha e provided moments of brilliance. 

As for McPake. He’s not ready for Rangers first team, but could easily play a part in most other Scot Prem teams next season. 

He’s playing at Wembley at 5. Let’s see if he puts himself in the shop window. 

Totally hear you. Would never just say a point blank no to anyone to be honest but there's some I would be a lot more enthusiastic about than others, and I think I would probably struggle to get excited about someone from L2. TBH I hope our first signing is a proper marquee  job rather than a development job.

Nice one 👌

11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Players like Jamie McGrath of St Mirren (would cost some money) or Declan Gallagher of Motherwell (out of contract) are being looked at and are the right type of player to consider

In these times of Covid there will be financial pressures on many clubs and especially in England with a large pool of players available.....fans can have opinions but in our case the DOF and scouts will be put to the test this summer as one person just cannot track all those who could be of interest

Jason Kerr or Ali McCann at St Johnstone as well

Jason Kerr has been looked at as only a year left on his contract

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

And what did they think?

TyphoonJambo
4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Ah, apologies mate, I get very tires of seeing folk defend the current regime and slating Stendel for doing not a lot wrong (I would have replied sooner but I stay away from this place when I've had a beer now) :) 

No problems mate,good idea by the way. I might go onto Dragons den with a breathalyser locked keyboard idea. Could save a good few marriages.

Lone Striker
20 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

No problems mate,good idea by the way. I might go onto Dragons den with a breathalyser locked keyboard idea. Could save a good few marriages.

🤣

" I'll offer you all of the money.... but I'd want 50% of the company "

Dragons' Den: Series 15, Episode 14 | Startups.co.uk

3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Average in a shocking league.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Bit like McEneff and McGrath then??

Do your homework, different league duh

Agentjambo
Just now, Lfhearts said:

Do your homework, different league duh

I know,and what age are you....7?

The Irish leagues a higher standard than N. Irelands but players who stand out in N. Ireland can sometimes be worth the punt. Boycie was a stand out. Stuart Dallas was a standout.

The boy Lavery might be decent. He came through at Everton so he's obviously got something. We've got Gnando, Boyce and Hendo so he'll have to be decent to get a game as well. He'll be cheaper than buying someone from a higher level that has scored a lot of goals. It would be a punt but I think he' might be worth the risk. 

21 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I know,and what age are you....7?

Am older than you obviously, if you know it's a different league north/south why get it wrong?

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The Irish leagues a higher standard than N. Irelands but players who stand out in N. Ireland can sometimes be worth the punt. Boycie was a stand out. Stuart Dallas was a standout.

The boy Lavery might be decent. He came through at Everton so he's obviously got something. We've got Gnando, Boyce and Hendo so he'll have to be decent to get a game as well. He'll be cheaper than buying someone from a higher level that has scored a lot of goals. It would be a punt but I think he' might be worth the risk. 

Lavery been linked with other Scottish clubs

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shayne-lavery-kilmarnock-motherwell-transfer-23956981.amp

jamboinglasgow

This is not really news, but on the commentary on Friday they were talking about Finlay Pollock and the plan being that he goes out on loan next season. Think it was Michael Stewart who said it, did anyone catch if that was just them guessing or did say that is what Hearts plan for him is?

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This is not really news, but on the commentary on Friday they were talking about Finlay Pollock and the plan being that he goes out on loan next season. Think it was Michael Stewart who said it, did anyone catch if that was just them guessing or did say that is what Hearts plan for him is?

Yeah he did say that and sounded like this was a matter of fact. Maybe same for McGill planned

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah he did say that and sounded like this was a matter of fact. Maybe same for McGill planned

I can imagine there will be a few, though can imagine a lot will depend on whats happening with the reserve league this coming season. Was looking at the players who will be too old for U18 and it puts at least 5 players up from U18 to reserve (two dependent on new contracts.)

Saint Jambo
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Kerr seems to be one we've been rumoured to have been interested in for several years. I would have thought it would take a reasonable fee to get St Johnstone to let Kerr go a year early. If they win the cup and are guaranteed group stage European football, I think it will be impossible.

McCann looks even more of a long shot to me. 21 with two years left on his contract. I would have thought they'll be looking for a sizeable fee.

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Kerr seems to be one we've been rumoured to have been interested in for several years. I would have thought it would take a reasonable fee to get St Johnstone to let Kerr go a year early. If they win the cup and are guaranteed group stage European football, I think it will be impossible.

McCann looks even more of a long shot to me. 21 with two years left on his contract. I would have thought they'll be looking for a sizeable fee.

mccann been linked with rangers. Think Kerr might go to Hibs if they can find some Mug to buy porteous

I’d love a couple of signings that on paper look underwhelming. They have come good for us in the past as opposed to the so called ‘great captures’ which have been poor. Nippy sweety -who drives forward - midfielder please

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

And what did they think?

No idea, only know that he's been sounded out about the possibility

credit card
6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I think he’s going to Miami.......

6 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

Ricardo Santos 

Will Smith

Josh McPake

Paul Mullin 

Brad Lyons

Josh March

Hiram Boateng

Kane Wilson

Will Smith? A fresh Prince (Bauben?)

gregzy2k7

My wish list is

Stewart (livingston)

Gallagher (motherwell)

Patterson (Shef wed loan)

Lindsay (stoke)

Campbell (Motherwell)

Ginelly (preston)

McGrath (st mirren)

Moult (preston)

If I'm being greedy another striker but would be happy with those 8.

bobby bombscare
14 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

My wish list is

Stewart (livingston)

Gallagher (motherwell)

Patterson (Shef wed loan)

Lindsay (stoke)

Campbell (Motherwell)

Ginelly (preston)

McGrath (st mirren)

Moult (preston)

If I'm being greedy another striker but would be happy with those 8.

I know it's a wish list.. but no chance of getting Patterson on loan. He has been integral to that Wednesday and has often been hailed as one of the signings that could save them from relegation!

Stewart as a number 2 (possibly 3 depending on young stone) is a solid signing though and he seems to enjoy being here!

I'm getting right confused by folk spelling Calum Patersons name wrong, thinking they're referring to Nathan Patterson and vice versa :lol:

gregzy2k7
29 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I'm getting right confused by folk spelling Calum Patersons name wrong, thinking they're referring to Nathan Patterson and vice versa :lol:

My bad haha, should probably google them before i write their names lol 

P.s would take Nathan Patterson aswell.

bobby bombscare

Since we're doing dream signings, I'll join in. Warn you though, it'll be a long one!

here is the signings for the summer:

Defence
Jimmy Dunne - Out of contract in the summer. Not a lot of clubs pulling off massive transfers cause of covid and if nothing else, he'd be an investment. I mean it is a wishlist and we have a lot of success with getting irish and Ni players recognition by their international scouts. 

Murray Wallace - Milwall contract expiring, scottish lad and could see us as a way of getting himself noticed by the national setup. Still young enough to have the hunger needed at 28 years old.

Which would make back 3 options Souttar, Smith, Dunne, Wallace, Harring and Halkett. 4 of those players able to play the ball out from the back naturally and should souttar get another injury or smith need to be moved to wing back (or rested as he is getting on now). The replacement options are of a good quality! (except Halkett..)

Logan on a 1 year deal and him and Brandon (and smith where required) to take the right wing back role as Brandon looked much better in that role than he ever did as a right back! Then next season, both can go or stay. Depends how they do over this 2021/22 season.

Halliday to be moved permanently to left wing-back to compete with Kingsley. Both look more comfortable there than anywhere else.

Midfield

Kerr smith brought in if Irvine and Damour go as a future investment. 

I'd also like to see someone brought in as backup to peter Harring, who plays similar to him. As we really struggle without his presence in midfield. 

Outside of that, some of the younger boys coming back in and kicking on a bit! We have enough midfielders to almost have a starting 11 purely of midfielders! Also Naisy to not be played in the midfield role anymore as he doesn't have the legs for it now. 

Up Front

Ginelley to come in time for a full pre-season with him and GMS hopefully first choice wingers when playing wingers. 

Other than that, I'd like to see naisy back to playing up front for us as that has always where he has played his best football for us! But as backup to boyce! Also like to see henderson getting more game time in that central role as he seems to play his best as a proper striker! So would have 4 options the 2 striker positions depending eha formation we play. That's plenty options. 

It is a wishlist (and some unlikely options on it) but feel there is the basis of a team that was starting to really rip teams apart and that was thanks to Harring being back and getting Naisy moved back into a striker role out of the midfield.

So 6 signing and 2 extensions (although Gino technically isn't an extension) that i think would make us a better squad and one of which i don't have an exact player for. so if someone has any ideas of who could run a midfield like peter harring and could be had in the summer, feel free to recommend!

TyphoonJambo
5 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Since we're doing dream signings, I'll join in. Warn you though, it'll be a long one!

Defence
Jimmy Dunne - Out of contract in the summer. Not a lot of clubs pulling off massive transfers cause of covid and if nothing else, he'd be an investment. I mean it is a wishlist and we have a lot of success with getting irish and Ni players recognition by their international scouts. 

Murray Wallace - Milwall contract expiring, scottish lad and could see us as a way of getting himself noticed by the national setup. Still young enough to have the hunger needed at 28 years old.

Which would make back 3 options Souttar, Smith, Dunne, Wallace, Harring and Halkett. 4 of those players able to play the ball out from the back naturally and should souttar get another injury or smith need to be moved to wing back (or rested as he is getting on now). The replacement options are of a good quality! (except Halkett..)

Logan on a 1 year deal and him and Brandon (and smith where required) to take the right wing back role as Brandon looked much better in that role than he ever did as a right back! Then next season, both can go or stay. Depends how they do over this 2021/22 season.

Halliday to be moved permanently to left wing-back to compete with Kingsley. Both look more comfortable there than anywhere else.

Midfield

Kerr smith brought in if Irvine and Damour go as a future investment. 

I'd also like to see someone brought in as backup to peter Harring, who plays similar to him. As we really struggle without his presence in midfield. 

Outside of that, some of the younger boys coming back in and kicking on a bit! We have enough midfielders to almost have a starting 11 purely of midfielders! Also Naisy to not be played in the midfield role anymore as he doesn't have the legs for it now. 

Up Front

Ginelley to come in time for a full pre-season with him and GMS hopefully first choice wingers when playing wingers. 

Other than that, I'd like to see naisy back to playing up front for us as that has always where he has played his best football for us! But as backup to boyce! Also like to see henderson getting more game time in that central role as he seems to play his best as a proper striker! So would have 4 options the 2 striker positions depending eha formation we play. That's plenty options. 

It is a wishlist (and some unlikely options on it) but feel there is the basis of a team that was starting to really rip teams apart and that was thanks to Harring being back and getting Naisy moved back into a striker role out of the midfield.

So 6 signing and 2 extensions (although Gino technically isn't an extension) that i think would make us a better squad and one of which i don't have an exact player for. so if someone has any ideas of who could run a midfield like peter harring and could be had in the summer, feel free to recommend!

I largely agree but at the back I'd also like to see game time for the young lad Logan.

Neilson's confirmed Shay Logan isn't getting a permanent deal so we can stop counting Smith as a Centre Half.

heartsjosh
5 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Defence

Murray signed a new 2 year contract, in February I think. 

The Old Tolbooth
17 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

And a good few bans from threads on here too :lol: 

The Old Tolbooth

Of course he's not keeping Logan, he's looked decent since coming in :facepalm:

What a feck up!! 

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Neilson's confirmed Shay Logan isn't getting a permanent deal so we can stop counting Smith as a Centre Half.

I like Smith but he is definitely not a wing back and I am not convinced he offers enough going forward even to a good right back any more. 

Reckon we should look to move him on and invest in a new full back. 

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The Sum is reporting Hibs are in pole position to sign Daniel Mackay from Inverness. 

Of course they are.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***