***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Just now, Agentjambo said:

What’s obvious about it?A lot can happen between now and the start of next season...lots of discussions to be had.

Everything is obvious about it. 

He's already said himself and Joe have been recruiting for next season. So he's 100% staying. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Agentjambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

Everything is obvious about it. 

He's already said himself and Joe have been recruiting for next season. So he's 100% staying. 

Ok take a chill 💊 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Ok take a chill 💊 

I'm more than chilled. Folk need to accept the fact Robbie will be here next season and support the team regardless. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I'm more than chilled. Folk need to accept the fact Robbie will be here next season and support the team regardless. 

Think I will decide.Thanks anyway.

Uncle Buck

Where has the Jason Kerr chat come from? Would he not cost a fair bit? £500k at least?

16 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Think I will decide.Thanks anyway.

Aye sure. You'll decide whether you'll support hearts next season? 🤔 

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye sure. You'll decide whether you'll support hearts next season? 🤔 

I’m sure you won’t tell me.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I was thinking along the lines of someone else like John Souttar who is 24 rather than a guy who is 30+.

We apparaently have the oldest team in the Championship. Not surprisng with players like Gordon, Naismith, Smith etc all well over 30.

Closely followed by GMS, Boyce both 30 and Halliday who soon will be 30.

Nothing wrong with having experience although we should be building a much younger team around our good experienced players.

Yep, on board with that 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Guessing Robbie is staying then?

Nothing gets past you. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be honest, if we are recruiting to a set philosophy then it means that its easier to change manager if needed. Any idea what that philosophy is?

Unfortunately not, as majority of clubs now we will look for managers to fit the style or as close to it from now. To avoid the continued rebuild every single season 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ok Bobby.

Neilson to you. 

Only my friends call me Bobby. 

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Unfortunately not, as majority of clubs now we will look for managers to fit the style or as close to it from now. To avoid the continued rebuild every single season 

The drama, ffs it's Scottish football and managing a team, not building a dynasty. 

Agentjambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Neilson to you. 

Only my friends call me Bobby. 

Obviously some including Ann and FoH are gullible enough to think that 2 good performances mean Neilson is going to lead us to glory.

Only papered over the cracks....

Agentjambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

The drama, ffs it's Scottish football and managing a team, not building a dynasty. 

Out of interest what are your ambitions for our club,what targets would you like to see us hitting long term?

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Won’t find many clubs having long term success without this sort of plan, personally glad we are looking at this route 

Agentjambo
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Won’t find many clubs having long term success without this sort of plan, personally glad we are looking at this route 

Me too,we have to keep up with the times.A lot of English clubs have a playing style for the want of better words implemented across all ages of their teams youth especially so players coming from youth academy can slot straight into first team without hesitation.

Brentford are a team I like to follow,they have a great set up not only with playing style but excellent recruitment.

Batistuta87

Like how everyone has just ignored an interesting rumour and continued bickering.

Let's be adults lads 😂

Halkett then?? Any idea where he's heading?? He's not out of contract.

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Like how everyone has just ignored an interesting rumour and continued bickering.

Let's be adults lads 😂

Halkett then?? Any idea where he's heading?? He's not out of contract.

would like to think that his reputation is still high enough that we can use him as leverage for a decent signing 

Batistuta87
30 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

would like to think that his reputation is still high enough that we can use him as leverage for a decent signing 

Yeah same. Halkett + £100k for Kerr, maybe? 

Edited by Batistuta87

Famous 1874
4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

No McEneff.

Ginnelly up front?

343 so Ginnelly more as a forward as opposed to a winger. 

Simply haven’t seen enough for McEneff to judge tbh, showed some good and bad things 

33 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah same. Halkett + £100k for Kerr, maybe? 

Think St Johnstone have been pretty stubborn about Kerr the last couple years, they know that he's a class act and will likely go for more than we can afford.

Think he'd be the ideal signing as well, unfortunately the days of us picking up the best under contract players in the scottish prem mid-table sides are likely behind us imo

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

343 so Ginnelly more as a forward as opposed to a winger. 

Simply haven’t seen enough for McEneff to judge tbh, showed some good and bad things 

Fair doos 

OmiyaHearts

I wasn't up for the Logan loan at all, when it first announced. Defo changed my mind- he doesn't play like a 33 year old, a great engine and always looks forward.

Get him signed.

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Where has the Jason Kerr chat come from? Would he not cost a fair bit? £500k at least?

I dunno, his contracts up 2022, so this is really the last chance they'll have to make money on him. £300k would probably get him, but thats a sizable spend for a non-OF team.  Then again, if they win the cup they'll net about £3m from the Conference league thing, so every chance they'll want to see things through with him.

Would be better getting Gallagher and seeing if we can get Kerr next summer IMO

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

I dunno, his contracts up 2022, so this is really the last chance they'll have to make money on him. £300k would probably get him, but thats a sizable spend for a non-OF team.  Then again, if they win the cup they'll net about £3m from the Conference league thing, so every chance they'll want to see things through with him.

Would be better getting Gallagher and seeing if we can get Kerr next summer IMO

I reckon they'd listen to decent offers for Kerr. They are mega skint. Halkett and some money their way would be a great deal. If not Kerr then I'd take either one of Gallagher, Guthrie (Livi) or Hoban (Aberdeen). Fitzwater (Livi) would be a shout for the future too. 

Jimmy Dunne is the dream but just canny see it. 

Plenty others if none of the above are on  our shortlist. 

Edited by Batistuta87

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I reckon they'd listen to decent offers for Kerr. They are mega skint. Halkett and some money their way would be a great deal. If not Kerr then I'd take either one of Gallagher, Guthrie (Livi) or Hoban (Aberdeen). Fitzwater (Livi) would be a shout for the future too. 

Jimmy Dunne is the dream but just canny see it. 

Plenty others if none of the above are on  our shortlist. 

Yeah, agree on Dunne. Would be amazing to get him back but he's going to have offers. I think our saving grace is he would play for us (i.e not warm the bench). Championship teams can't guarantee that, especially given how few games he's played for his age. Hopefully we stick an offer to him and see if he bites. 

Priority needs to be a left sided CB, but the only other ones I was aware of was Stuart Findlay and Wallace Murray. One we've lost out on already and the other will likely stay in England. Probably why Dunne would be so perfect for us. If we can't find one, then Souttar is good enough to play on the left side and Gallagher would be a solid enough signing.

3 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Something CL said about 6 or 7 years ago........

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Me too. It should bring long term stability which is much needed.

This was meant to happen under Levein but it never felt like we had a consistent idea of what we wanted in a player. It was scattergun in our recruitment.

4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Me too,we have to keep up with the times.A lot of English clubs have a playing style for the want of better words implemented across all ages of their teams youth especially so players coming from youth academy can slot straight into first team without hesitation.

Brentford are a team I like to follow,they have a great set up not only with playing style but excellent recruitment.

Yup it was what Levein originally wanted but the first team never played the same way as the youth teams. Hopefully we its explained how what style we want to play and players we would look to recruit.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Signings are mainly through savage to fit the new philosophy agreed on but almost certain he will be staying yes 

Has Robbie been told what the new philosophy is by Savage/JJ and will adapt or has Robbie discussed and agreed the new philosophy??

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Has Robbie been told what the new philosophy is by Savage/JJ and will adapt or has Robbie discussed and agreed the new philosophy??

Philosophy’s are more to offer a base to the club, ideal age of signings, type of player we look for, sell on potential etc. If we have decided we want to play attacking football (which i believe we should be) then our scouts will be focussing on players capable of this. The exact players we sign and formation used however is of course down to manager. 

gregzy2k7
12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

250k + halkett we will even throw in damour for free 🙃

Telford_jambo123
13 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I wasn't up for the Logan loan at all, when it first announced. Defo changed my mind- he doesn't play like a 33 year old, a great engine and always looks forward.

Get him signed.

this 

26 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We are going for Shayne Lavery. But few clubs looking at him.

Seems to have had a bit of a backwards career so far.

Everton to Falkirk on loan and then back to Everton before being released and signed by Linfield.

I suppose with Gnanduillet, Roberts, Boyce and GMS we have options up front so he might be worth a try unless of course we plan to get rid of any of our existing attackers.

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

250k + halkett we will even throw in damour for free 🙃

Sods law we will find Halkett turns into another Ross Callachan once he leaves us. 😍

Auldreekie1874
30 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We are going for Shayne Lavery. [b]But few clubs looking at him.[/b]

If his wiki stats are correct then I can see why.

19 goals from 21 starts this season for Linfield 

29 from 52 overall.

Yes Please.

Auldreekie1874
Just now, Auldreekie1874 said:

Bold Fail

Edited by Auldreekie1874
Bold Fail

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Remember Aidan Keena?

Aidan Keena wasn't in the same realm as Lavery. 

Auldreekie1874
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Remember Aidan Keena?

Keena was just a kid when he came to us and hadn't scored a professional goal. There's a big difference between these 2 players.

Having said that, I have never seen Lavery play and admit to just  liking the look of his stats (assuming they are correct). But doubled with our noted interest then I'd be happy for us to take a chance on him.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

We are going for Shayne Lavery. But few clubs looking at him.

Thanks for info John 👍

I like the sound of Lavery. We need to be after players who are up and coming and who’s best days are in front of them. Not all will work out but it’s a risk and reward balance. 

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

The NI contingent at Hearts, will be all over him privately. 

Hopefully bending his ear for us. 

Edited by GinRummy

Lavery has some great stats, as much a backwater as Scottish football is though, the Northern Irish league is worse so its a big step up for him.  That said, Boyce went from Cliftonville to Ross County and did really well. 

I think coming to Scotland (be it us, or someone else) makes sense. Too easy to get swallowed up in England. 

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Lavery has some great stats, as much a backwater as Scottish football is though, the Northern Irish league is worse so its a big step up for him.  That said, Boyce went from Cliftonville to Ross County and did really well. 

I think coming to Scotland (be it us, or someone else) makes sense. Too easy to get swallowed up in England. 

He did but he also had a stint at Werder Bremen before Ross County after he left Cliftonville and then rejoined them.

1 hour ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Keena was just a kid when he came to us and hadn't scored a professional goal. There's a big difference between these 2 players.

Having said that, I have never seen Lavery play and admit to just  liking the look of his stats (assuming they are correct). But doubled with our noted interest then I'd be happy for us to take a chance on him.

In that case it would have been a great opportunity for us to have been able to develop him.

Lavery is 22 so as you say there is an age difference and he was at Everton as a youth but obviously that didn't work for him.

I don't have a problem with us taking players like this if we can advance them and give them a shot a first team football but we don't have a great history of that in the last few years.

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully bending his ear for us. 

I wonder if our NI guys are aware of him and pointed him out to the club or if this is a Joe Savage find?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***