***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Portsmouth and Sunderland turned him down then and he is still unemployed. Aye, what a fantastic manager he must be

Or Stendel wanted a longer contract 😂🤔

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Back on topic. Hearing Halkett has played

his last game.

I thought he'd come good and romp this season. He's been dreadful since his injury. Looks better in a back 3 but I think we can do much better. Very disappointing, but encouraging that Neilson is going to build his own team. Wonder if we might go for Declan Gallagher and one other CB.

Jean Louis Valois
1 minute ago, ericb said:

That's why he was given the penalty.... 

Think he was given the pen as he hasn't scored a goal this season.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Wonder if Paterson would come back - even on loan 

🤞 Buy an attacking RB who played some of his best stuff under Neilson and get a useful midfielder and forward thrown in for free.

Rick Sanchez
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought he'd come good and romp this season. He's been dreadful since his injury. Looks better in a back 3 but I think we can do much better. Very disappointing, but encouraging that Neilson is going to build his own team. Wonder if we might go for Declan Gallagher and one other CB.

Gallagher was his partner in his team of the year slot at Livingston. Could prove a decent back three with Souttar.

I'm guessing Neilson would prefer Souttar on the right side with a natural left sided player coming in.

22 minutes ago, ericb said:

That's why he was given the penalty.... 

makes sense. No issue with him moving on - too slow 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gallagher was his partner in his team of the year slot at Livingston. Could prove a decent back three with Souttar.

I'm guessing Neilson would prefer Souttar on the right side with a natural left sided player coming in.

The only thing with Halkett is he was very good with Livvy and before his injury with us. He's still young and I'd hate to see him go to Hibs or D Utd or somewhere and do well.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The only thing with Halkett is he was very good with Livvy and before his injury with us. He's still young and I'd hate to see him go to Hibs or D Utd or somewhere and do well.

He'd only played a few games before he got injured and looked exactly as ropey as he has done since. The Ross County home game where we should have lost about 4-0, the Hamilton 2-2 game, the Motherwell 3-2 defeat - they were all in the handful of games before he got injured.

It seems as though his success at Livi was more to do with playing in the right system with the right people, rather than his own abilities.

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Back on topic. Hearing Halkett has played

his last game.

I've probably been his biggest critic last season but tbh I thought he has had very good season this year. I thought he was ****ing immense v Inverness the other night so would have happily kept him to fight for his place. 

Probably was flung in at the deep end a bit last season and it proved difficult for him but he's always tried hard. Maybe he doesn't want to be 3rd or 4th choice next season and wants games 

Listening to Robbies interview I noticed he did says he wanted to build the defence around Soapy, no mention of Halkett. I thought that was telling. 

I'm guessing that's perhaps why he took the pen tonight, hasn't scored this season so would have been nice to get a goal on his last game for us. 

If true good luck to him. 

jamboinglasgow
33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Could see him going to Motherwell to replace Gallagher. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Daniel Mackay ( Inverness ) -Heard from reliable source we're in for him this summer.

Halkett has his faults but would be returning to the top league more experienced, free from injury and part  of a far more solid back line than we’ve enjoyed for a while. Surrounded as he would be by anyone of Smith, Souttar, Haring, Logan and Kingsley. 
My concern about shipping him out would be who the current recruitment gurus would consider an improvement. Their record of only bringing in players that improve the starting eleven is chequered to say the least. I’d prefer to move on two or three of those who we’ve signed this year and been found unable to cut it in the championship before binning a lad who has shown his worth in far worse teams than this

brawlad74

I would keep Halkett but bring in a new CB who starts with Soapy. That should provide challenge to Halkett and cover.

gorgie rools
22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Daniel Mackay ( Inverness ) -Heard from reliable source we're in for him this summer.

Heard this also but likely to end up at Easter Road 

stuart500

Halkett still has a year left on his contract does he not? 

If we are letting him leave early I hope we get a decent fee. It will cost us to replace him with a player of at least the same standard.

One thing the hobos do exceptionally well is talk up the value of their pretty downright average players. Their media friends help them a lot with this tbf.

We seem to do the opposite. Hopefully Savage can show some Arthur Daley-esque skills in shifting our "assets" for a "fair wedge". 😀

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
26 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

I would keep Halkett but bring in a new CB who starts with Soapy. That should provide challenge to Halkett and cover.

Think that's wise.

Defence next season:

RB:  Logan with Smith as cover.  Brandon to leave, maybe additional cover from Connor Logan.

CB:  Souttar, New CB, Smith, Halkett with Haring as cover.    Berra and Popescu to leave.  Not sure where Chris Hamilton is at.

LB:  Kingsley with Halliday as cover.  White to leave.

21 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Halkett still has a year left on his contract does he not? 

If we are letting him leave early I hope we get a decent fee. It will cost us to replace him with a player of at least the same standard.

One thing the hobos do exceptionally well is talk up the value of their pretty downright average players. Their media friends help them a lot with this tbf.

We seem to do the opposite. Hopefully Savage can show some Arthur Daley-esque skills in shifting our "assets" for a "fair wedge". 😀

We won’t be getting a decent fee for a guy who’s been pretty rotten for the last two seasons.

Gordon Ramsay

Halkett isn't a world beater by any means but I'd rather we kept him and punted Popescu. Maybe we're getting rid of both of them though. 

I hope we can keep Ginnelly, if he stays fit he's an asset. 

We need more youth as well. I'd like a driving centre mid, thought McEneff might have been that guy but he doesn't do enough for me. A centre half will be a must as well if Popescu/Halkett goes. Probably even 2 with Berra gone. 

Another striker will be needed too.

We've watched a lot of shitey performances this season but I actually don't think we are too far away from a decent squad. 4 or 5 QUALITY additions and we'll be fine, emphasis on quality. 

Oh, and maybe a new manager 🤣

Nookie Bear

4 or 5 quality additions. Experienced, able to hit the ground running. 

Are we going to play 3 at the back? If so we don’t need wingers but will need cover for Logan. 

Bazzas right boot

If we are going with 3 at the back and Dunne is a possibility then we should be going all out. 

Smith, Dunne and Souttar as a back 3 makes me moist. 

50 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

4 or 5 quality additions. Experienced, able to hit the ground running. 

Are we going to play 3 at the back? If so we don’t need wingers but will need cover for Logan. 

I think 3 at the back next season is a certainty tbh.

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I think 3 at the back next season is a certainty tbh.

We've played some of our best football since the return of Souttar and going to a back 3. So I agree, think Neilson will build with that in mind.

RWB, CB, CM, Gino and another ST would do.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We've played some of our best football since the return of Souttar and going to a back 3. So I agree, think Neilson will build with that in mind.

RWB, CB, CM, Gino and another ST would do.

I am happy with that. 

Doesn’t really fit in with his “442 Hearts DNA” chat he was saying over the New Year but at least he has changed things 👍🏻

bajthejambo

I've been as critical of Halkett as anyone. I can't fault his effort, but it simply hasn't worked out for him with us. I assume he'll want to play, so the back up chat will be of no interest to him (although I doubt that will actually have been discussed) and it's better he goes and finds first team football elsewhere.

Jambo 4 Ever
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

🤞 Buy an attacking RB who played some of his best stuff under Neilson and get a useful midfielder and forward thrown in for free.

Exactly

he is in 1st division in England now 

johnking123

If its a back three next year and Hackett does go. Then we need two or three centre backs. One that is comfortable at going forward like Smith and Soapy. Notice Haring drops deep to allow on of them to get forward so it turns into 442 at times.   

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am happy with that. 

Doesn’t really fit in with his “442 Hearts DNA” chat he was saying over the New Year but at least he has changed things 👍🏻

I do think he tried that, the signings he made indicated so but it's just never really worked. Whether that was down to him, players or how the opposition were set up, who knows.

But I like this new system. It allows Souttar to get on the ball without risking leaving his CB partner exposed. It's also coincided with GMS hitting form, again whether that's down to GMS being up to speed or that shape suits him.

It's time everyone puts this season to bed and gets behind the team for the Premiership campaign. Yes, it hasn't been great at times and the cups were inexcusable but this constant negativity is doing no one any favours.

Onwards and upwards.

Next seasons under contract squad looks like this - 

Gordon

Stone

Brandon

C.Logan

M.Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Halliday

Haring

McEneff

Hamilton

C.Smith

Damour

Walker

Mackay-Steven

Naismith

Henderson

Moore

Boyce

Gnanduillet

plenty of work to be done imo

Holyrood_Hearts
12 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Think he was given the pen as he hasn't scored a goal this season.

Yeah agree with this 

tynewater

Shame if Halkett goes, I think he's been good this season. Obviously just a rumour at this stage, but it would explain why he was the one given the penalty to take last night. There are not many other possible explanations that make any sense.

Halkett isn’t Hearts quality imo - however no point getting rid if not bringing someone better. If panic and bring another Popescu not worth it 

If Souttar stays fit + Smith, Halks, Hamilton and Haring/Kingsley in emergency. Then just need one more

Gallagher would be great imo 

7 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Shame if Halkett goes, I think he's been good this season. Obviously just a rumour at this stage, but it would explain why he was the one given the penalty to take last night. There are not many other possible explanations that make any sense.

I thought he took it as hasn’t scored this season and to get off the mark. Boyce must have let him take it

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Halkett isn’t Hearts quality imo - however no point getting rid if not bringing someone better. If panic and bring another Popescu not worth it 

If Souttar stays fit + Smith, Halks, Hamilton and Haring/Kingsley in emergency. Then just need one more

Gallagher would be great imo 

I don’t get the love in with Gallagher tbh.

hopefully savage can bring us a gem from down south.

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

I thought he took it as hasn’t scored this season and to get off the mark. Boyce must have let him take it

What’s so special about him?A few players haven’t scored...

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What’s so special about him?A few players haven’t scored...

he’s streams with boycie on twitch so maybe they are pals and spoke about it before the game?

soonbe110
40 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Next seasons under contract squad looks like this - 

Gordon

Stone

Brandon

C.Logan

M.Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Halliday

Haring

McEneff

Hamilton

C.Smith

Damour

Walker

Mackay-Steven

Naismith

Henderson

Moore

Boyce

Gnanduillet

plenty of work to be done imo

Moore’s contract up next month I think. 

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I don’t get the love in with Gallagher tbh.

hopefully savage can bring us a gem from down south.

Yeh get what you mean. Just have 0 faith in signing a untested CB. Gallagher done well for Livi/Motherwell/Scotland and knows the league. Experienced player which is important for the defence 

The Jan window (except for big Kastaneer) has been really good. Maybe should have more faith but hard given last 5 years of garbage 

Agentjambo

Danny McNamara

Danny McKay

Regan Hendry 

Allan Campbell

that’s for starters....a new 1st choice CB and Striker too.

soonbe110
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

His two sidekicks at the back at Livy made him look good. We clearly signed the wrong one. Gallagher would been a great signing. In fact I’d go as far to say if we had signed him rather than Halkett we wouldn’t have been bottom last season. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Moore’s contract up next month I think. 

I thought him and Brandon signed two year deals last summer

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***