***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Batistuta87
13 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Osaze urhoghide is a player we have talked to. Bit of competition though.

Leeds apparently interested. Sounds like it'd be a bit of a coup if we're able to land him.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

19 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Neilson was in sky lounge today showing players around. 

Did the player review it on Trip Advisor? 

14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hold on folks. Let's not jump the gun.

They'll probably be food critics from Tripadviser. 😀

thehibsareintheirbeds
24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Out at riccarton earlier on today too apparently. Sounding promising!

Italian Lambretta
29 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Did he look tall enough to see the Castle?

3 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Out at riccarton earlier on today too apparently. Sounding promising!

Clearly these are not players who have played for us before then. Rules a few names out. 

The poster who has been pretty correct with information did mention a midfielder and defender from south of the border. 

I'm guessing the names will be a complete surprise but hopefully we are well "phelmed" when we find out.

RustyRightPeg
39 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Did you see them? If so did you recognise any from the league, race, height etc?

Wasn't there personally. My mate was there with his Mrs and let me know

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Does seem genuinely like Monday will be a signing. First day of pre season so easily spotted if any new faces around

Upstaging Scotland 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Upstaging Scotland 

or timed as they know media attention will be on Scotland?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Not Pele, first then we think?

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Probably.

Pish player signs and nobody notices.

Guess The Crowd
43 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Hold on folks. Let's not jump the gun.

They'll probably be food critics from Tripadviser. 😀

😀

kingantti1874
55 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Leeds apparently interested. Sounds like it'd be a bit of a coup if we're able to land him.

neilson or bielsa. Can see how that would be a tough call 😂

Edited by kingantti1874

We were in the Sky Lounge today too, didn’t see Robbie or anyone resembling possible new players (no disrespect to any fellow diners) but we did hear suggestion a signing was made today 

I'm not saying we were actually linked with him other than on here but that Robert Taylor that was mentioned is on the bench for Finland just now

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

neilson or bielsa. Can see how that would be a tough call 😂

Neilson likes a bit of murderball in training. GMS Ginnelly,  sign another winger, Boyce equals Bamford, Haring equals Philip's, could he dare to play that style?

Unfortunately no Scottish player could hack Bielsa 

Biffa Bacon
11 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

We were in the Sky Lounge today too, didn’t see Robbie or anyone resembling possible new players (no disrespect to any fellow diners) but we did hear suggestion a signing was made today 

I was in from 2 until 4, no sign of Robbie at that time.

21 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Regan Hendry just announced he’s leaving Raith. I’m guessing it’s gonna be either us, Aberdeen or Hibs that’s have signed him.

My mate whose a st mirren fan thinks he’s signing for them.

Italian Lambretta
31 minutes ago, bazman said:

I'm not saying we were actually linked with him other than on here but that Robert Taylor that was mentioned is on the bench for Finland just now

So he's not having a Michelin star meal in the Sky Restaurant today with Neilson😡

John McGlynn told a "Courier" journalist Hendry is going down South. You can make of that what you will, but I'd expect John to have spoken to the player. A Rovers fan on Pie & Bovril "appears" to be friendly with Hendry and stated Motherwell have made contact - but he also thought England was the preferred option. That may just be a fantasist posting there, of course.

We will see in due course where he ends up. Motherwell freed 18 players though only around 6 were regular first teamers. One was signed by Alexander in January but never played a game ("unfit" per Alexander, "Tam Kite" say the fans 😄).

4 minutes ago, JTJ said:

John McGlynn told a "Courier" journalist Hendry is going down South. You can make of that what you will, but I'd expect John to have spoken to the player. A Rovers fan on Pie & Bovril "appears" to be friendly with Hendry and stated Motherwell have made contact - but he also thought England was the preferred option. That may just be a fantasist posting there, of course.

We will see in due course where he ends up. Motherwell freed 18 players though only around 6 were regular first teamers. One was signed by Alexander in January but never played a game ("unfit" per Alexander, "Tam Kite" say the fans 😄).

I mean in theory edinburgh is south of Kirkcaldy 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Does seem genuinely like Monday will be a signing. First day of pre season so easily spotted if any new faces around

Tuesday

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

We'll probably make a pigs erse of it

Far far too subtle 

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, JTJ said:

Edinburgh is south of Kirkcaldy 

5 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Osaze urhoghide is a player we have talked to. Bit of competition though.

🤣 Spent ages trying to figure out the joke... 🤦‍♂️ Don't pay much attention to English football so never heard of him, won't forget the name now though that's for sure 😆

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Do people think Robbie would stroll around the Skyline restaurant at peak Saturday lunch time with new players or even just targets??

😂😂

6 hours ago, cocobeab said:

From whom?

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The Head Chef…the pastries should prove soon. 

That's a bit of a relief.  I thought he'd got the news from a mere waiter

BackOfTheNet

Well the predictions from those hoping for a scarf above the head moment this week (if not two) are running out of time. Sunday not usually a day for announcing, pre-season starts when? Tomorrow or Tuesday? You’d think they would not announce anything same day as the Scotland game.

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well the predictions from those hoping for a scarf above the head moment this week (if not two) are running out of time. Sunday not usually a day for announcing, pre-season starts when? Tomorrow or Tuesday? You’d think they would not announce anything same day as the Scotland game.

Ach I'm not so sure about that. I think we seal a signing, we announce it. Yeah prob not during the game but 11am or whatever, why not??

Training Tuesday I think

7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Do people think Robbie would stroll around the Skyline restaurant at peak Saturday lunch time with new players or even just targets??

😂😂

I heard a rumour that Budge has put Bob on limited duties due to JKB outrage. 

Therefore he is doing jobs like giving players a tour, showing them the evacuation procedure, making sure they have a access to IT and they know the procedure for booking holidays time. 

Club vision, tactics and how the player  fits in to all that will be handled with by somebody in club shop. 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ach I'm not so sure about that. I think we seal a signing, we announce it. Yeah prob not during the game but 11am or whatever, why not??

Training Tuesday I think

Suppose they could do something like that. Will be curious what temperature of whelm any eventual signing(s) may be met with.

Nookie Bear
39 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You mean those ITKrs who bravely revealed we would be signing players in the summer transfer window?

The only “wow” is that anyone listens these days.  

Edited by Nookie Bear

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You mean those ITKrs who bravely revealed we would be signing players in the summer transfer window?

The only “wow” is that anyone listens these days. Or indeed why. 

I think that although some do have a vague enough way of doing it that it can be doubted, there are some genuine ITK folk who’ve had info pretty spot on. Appears not many have concrete info these days though. But despite it still being the first half of June, ITK predictions or not, we’re due a bit of a squad overhaul so you’d think we’d have some news soon. Can’t wait until end of August to get majority of business done, surely?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think that although some do have a vague enough way of doing it that it can be doubted, there are some genuine ITK folk who’ve had info pretty spot on. Appears not many have concrete info these days though. But despite it still being the first half of June, ITK predictions or not, we’re due a bit of a squad overhaul so you’d think we’d have some news soon. Can’t wait until end of August to get majority of business done, surely?

Maybe not end of August. I’m fairly sure Robbie hinted that targets would be weighing up their options though. That suggests to me that our signings could be late on. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Suppose they could do something like that. Will be curious what temperature of whelm any eventual signing(s) may be met with.

We should have a whelm scale.

What is whelm measured in?

BackOfTheNet
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe not end of August. I’m fairly sure Robbie hinted that targets would be weighing up their options though. That suggests to me that our signings could be late on. 

It’s what I fear. Not saying it’ll be make or break for the season, but it’s evident we need more than a handful in and the more players sign the more time the team needs to gel.

20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We should have a whelm scale.

What is whelm measured in?

I was going to come up with something but to be honest can’t beat the below👇

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

seethe

24 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

seethe

So we're looking for a negative result. My whelm is at - 5seethes, type thing?

Like it

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Like it

Or my Seethometer is at negative 5 (which is positive, if that makes sense)

19 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Like it

i would say

signing rudi thw first time as an unknown 2.3 seethe, singing him the second time 0 seethe. wee need to make a scale like the richter or beaufort scale that details the level of each seethe

RustyRightPeg
10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

😂😂

He wasn’t strolling around, he stuck his head in the door. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***