***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Regan Hendry just announced he’s leaving Raith. I’m guessing it’s gonna be either us, Aberdeen or Hibs that’s have signed him.

I heard Hibs 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Andyp1874 said:

I heard st mirren 😏

Would be the level I would put him at

Guest ToqueJambo

The same raith midfield that ripped the piss at our place? He’s a talented player and dynamic, and will get forward. Hope it’s us but we don’t have Europe to lure him with.

And? We ripped the piss out of Celtic with a midfield of Cochrane, Bauben, Cowie and Callachan.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And? We ripped the piss out of Celtic with a midfield of Cochrane, Bauben, Cowie and Callachan.

Constituency that midfield was shit. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If we are serious we have to be looking at better players than Hendry. 

You need someone who can make an impact at a higher level thus far zero indication he can 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If we are serious we have to be looking at better players than Hendry. 

You need someone who can make an impact at a higher level thus far zero indication he can 

Absolutely 👍🏻

Pasquale for King

As a player with zero association to the clubs, you chose Europe in my opinion. No matter how shit you do in it.

He’s a Hearts supporter apparently?

Burnley trying to buy Stoke City centre back Nathan Collins for £12M. 

No idea if this is relevant in any way to Jimmy Dunne or our chances of signing him.

Sounds like it might help our chances if we can come up with enough cash. (Big 'if' obviously).

1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

No idea if this is relevant in any way to Jimmy Dunne or our chances of signing him.

Sounds like it might help our chances if we can come up with enough cash. (Big 'if' obviously).

I think it's pretty clear that Jimmy Dunne won't make it at Burnley long term. 

The Future's Maroon
5 hours ago, Jackd51 said:

Although Transfermarkets got him at 1.17 mil

Ok, why the feck did “transformers...robots in disguise” just pop into my head?!

Well, this thread has been random as duck so why no?!

Edited by The Future's Maroon

7 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

If they sign another center half he will go out on loan.   Championship most likely.    No idea if he's accepted Burnley offer to stay.   Will be up to him or his agent. ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

Batistuta87

Goal of the day today was Jankauskas btw.

He's won the Champions League. 

Our imminent first signing of the window must be a Champions League winner. 

😁

Edited by Batistuta87

14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

😁

We need a back up to haring so welcome to gorgie, ngolo kante

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

😁

I like the way you think. But we might have to keep our eye on the goal of the day tomorrow. If it’s Colin Cameron tomorrow then expect Hendry is what I say.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

What’s your preference? 2-3 wow signings. And go for A really good first 11 and fill the bench with youth, or 7-8 of our usual mix of experience, rehabs and gambles with potential and potentially a stronger depth of squad ?

I think we need to improve the

CD x1, 

Midfield x2

As a minimum 

Realistically, For me 3 players that instantly improve our first 11, 2 that improve our first 18 and 2 that are younger/ gambles 

If it was a choice of your options, then 2/3  wow signings, the problem is that if they get injured and soapy /Haring break down then we'd replacing them with not even average players. 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I like the way you think. But we might have to keep our eye on the goal of the day tomorrow. If it’s Colin Cameron tomorrow then expect Hendry is what I say.

Colin Cameron

Colin... Hendry?

Decent defender but might not have the legs anymore...

26 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

If they sign another center half he will go out on loan.   Championship most likely.    No idea if he's accepted Burnley offer to stay.   Will be up to him or his agent. ☺ 

Think we need to move on from Dunne, he will be on bigger money than we can afford (unfortunately) . If he is as good as we think then teams in the championship will be after him. 

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Haha, kidding obviously. I will be paying a bit more attention to goal of the day though since they did that with the 3rd kit the other day 🙂

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

CD x1, 

Midfield x2

As a minimum 

Realistically, For me 3 players that instantly improve our first 11, 2 that improve our first 18 and 2 that are younger/ gambles 

If it was a choice of your options, then 2/3  wow signings, the problem is that if they get injured and soapy /Haring break down then we'd replacing them with not even average players. 

Personally I think this blanket scattergun signing strategy has to stop. It’s not been hugely successful and it’s wasted money probably in the millions. I’d like to see us push the boat out on 3 players. A very solid CD, a CM we can play through and a penalty box Striker. At some stage we have to start introducing young players. In at the deep end and let’s see what you’ve got. Like we did with Hickey. Just one at a time when we’ve got a decent laddie to cover an injury. We shouldn’t be covering our first team with old pros in their last couple of years, ravaged by injuries and just not hungry enough. We need a hungry team. You get that with a mixture of kids and decent players who want to move up the rungs.

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Colin Cameron

Colin... Hendry?

Decent defender but might not have the legs anymore...

Colin Cameron signed from Raith, is the thought process here

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Haha, kidding obviously. I will be paying a bit more attention to goal of the day though since they did that with the 3rd kit the other day 🙂

Since I came on here and called it I’ve been doing the same! 😉

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Colin Cameron signed from Raith, is the thought process here

👍

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

CD x1, 

Midfield x2

As a minimum 

Cd? Weve all moved on to digital music noo pal

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Personally I think this blanket scattergun signing strategy has to stop. It’s not been hugely successful and it’s wasted money probably in the millions. I’d like to see us push the boat out on 3 players. A very solid CD, a CM we can play through and a penalty box Striker. At some stage we have to start introducing young players. In at the deep end and let’s see what you’ve got. Like we did with Hickey. Just one at a time when we’ve got a decent laddie to cover an injury. We shouldn’t be covering our first team with old pros in their last couple of years, ravaged by injuries and just not hungry enough. We need a hungry team. You get that with a mixture of kids and decent players who want to move up the rungs.

Not sure we had a scatter gun approach, bad luck or bad scouting Tbh. 

There is no harm in taking in a few gambles from the lower league, low risk high reward. Most clubs will take in these sorts relative to your position. 

The signings like DV, Osh, Stockton aren't great but in general I don't think it's been scatter gun. 

Guys like Whelan and Damour should have been good at our level, especially Damour he'd just played over 30 games in the championship the season before. 

IMO we've not had a great balance, I think we have that now. Also, when we had Djoum, Haring, Naismith, Berra, Washington amongst others Injured it ****ed us at that time, we can't allow how we reacted to that to happen again. 

I hope throwing young  players in at the deep end in any large quantity is not a strategy, we will need some strength in depth as well as improving the first 11 imo. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, sadj said:

Cd? Weve all moved on to digital music noo pal

Not me. 

:conspiracy:

Holyrood_Hearts
18 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not at all. I fully stand by it. watch both their goals here:

fully to blame for letting Edoaurd get close to Bobby, and the second an embarrassing attempt to swipe the ball away. 

In the final 2020, he jumps with his hands up in the air for their penalty. Stupidity from a player of his experience. If he kept his hands down we'd have won that game 2-1 in 90 minutes and no need for pens.

I’m sorry but that last paragraph is nonsense. It’s a different game at only 1-0 & Berra doesn’t give a stupid penalty away. Nobody knows how the game would’ve played out. 

On Berra, I partly feel sorry for him as he was never the same after the injury & his performances (especially the 1st half of 2 seasons ago-before Stendel came in) & last season under Neilson were horrendous. Levein & Neilson are at fault too for picking him when he clearly wasn’t at it, & in particular Neilson should never have brought him back into the squad. 

But, Berra’s attitude has been a disgrace. He was making mistakes/scoring OG’s every other week but before Stendel rightly dropped him. To go greeting to the press about it, then go on to claim he’s one of the fittest at the club at that time was delusional. His comments at the end of last season too were pretty poor. 

BackOfTheNet

So, nothing by the end of the working week, but some still think something is to happen by the end of the calendar week - could today be the day?

My prediction: Liam Polwarth and an underwhelming player will be announced when the Scotland game is on on Monday.

Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I’m sorry but that last paragraph is nonsense. It’s a different game at only 1-0 & Berra doesn’t give a stupid penalty away. Nobody knows how the game would’ve played out. 

On Berra, I partly feel sorry for him as he was never the same after the injury & his performances (especially the 1st half of 2 seasons ago-before Stendel came in) & last season under Neilson were horrendous. Levein & Neilson are at fault too for picking him when he clearly wasn’t at it, & in particular Neilson should never have brought him back into the squad. 

But, Berra’s attitude has been a disgrace. He was making mistakes/scoring OG’s every other week but before Stendel rightly dropped him. To go greeting to the press about it, then go on to claim he’s one of the fittest at the club at that time was delusional. His comments at the end of last season too were pretty poor. 

At 1-0 to them we would definitely have won the game. Going in at half time 1-0 and having knocked on the door a few times we would

have been right up for it. I’m telling you. If he keeps his hands down we’re winning that cup

the press issue was disgraceful. Really unprofessional on his part 

9 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

This thread is pointless without signings 

I seen two or three Italians last night worth casting an eye over.

32 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

This thread is pointless without signings 

Indeed . About 9000 pointless posts (this being another) when virtually no-one has done any business .

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Indeed . About 9000 pointless posts (this being another) when virtually no-one has done any business .

Not quite. Only Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone haven’t done any business, technically we’ve signed Stewart but if you don’t count him then it’s only three teams out of the 12 that haven’t brought anyone in: https://www.transfermarkt.com/scottish-premiership/transfers/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2021&s_w=&leihe=3&intern=0&intern=1

Edited by BackOfTheNet

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not quite. Only Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone haven’t done any business, technically we’ve signed Stewart but if you don’t count him then it’s only three teams out of the 12 that haven’t brought anyone in: https://www.transfermarkt.com/scottish-premiership/transfers/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2021&s_w=&leihe=3&intern=0&intern=1

Majority of business is players left/been released (68) . 42 still without clubs 

My point is the usual flurry  of business not happening yet .

Don't doubt lots of work being done behind the scenes 

BackOfTheNet
48 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Majority of business is players left/been released (68) . 42 still without clubs 

My point is the usual flurry  of business not happening yet .

Don't doubt lots of work being done behind the scenes 

Some teams, like St. Mirren, Aberdeen and Livingston have had flurries. Other teams mostly one or two signings so far. Think teams in Europe will be re-calculating budgets depending on progress, weighing up whether to spend now to help them qualify or spend less now hoping to qualify with majority of what they have and then use increased budgets from qualification to bolster the side for actual competition. Teams not in Europe already know what their remit is though, so less activity from those sides - including us - seems a little strange. Especially with pre-season less than a week away and first League Cup game less than a month away.

32 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Some teams, like St. Mirren, Aberdeen and Livingston have had flurries. Other teams mostly one or two signings so far. Think teams in Europe will be re-calculating budgets depending on progress, weighing up whether to spend now to help them qualify or spend less now hoping to qualify with majority of what they have and then use increased budgets from qualification to bolster the side for actual competition. Teams not in Europe already know what their remit is though, so less activity from those sides - including us - seems a little strange. Especially with pre-season less than a week away and first League Cup game less than a month away.

Less activity , as in actual signing , maybe down to tougher negotiations?

All budgets probably down this year perhaps taking players a wee bit longer to accept financial reality ?

2 hours ago, Homme said:

I seen two or three Italians last night worth casting an eye over.

That wee Insigne isn't big enough for us

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Less activity , as in actual signing , maybe down to tougher negotiations?

All budgets probably down this year perhaps taking players a wee bit longer to accept financial reality ?

Could be. Imagine Brexit has a knock on effect too. Not just ability to get EU/Schengen area players in limited, but because they’re limited it puts UK based players in a stronger negotiating position in a way.

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, nothing by the end of the working week, but some still think something is to happen by the end of the calendar week - could today be the day?

My prediction: Liam Polwarth and an underwhelming player will be announced when the Scotland game is on on Monday.

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Could be. Imagine Brexit has a knock on effect too. Not just ability to get EU/Schengen area players in limited, but because they’re limited it puts UK based players in a stronger negotiating position in a way.

Liam Polworth “and” an underwhelming player. Please replace and with is.

18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Surely Polworth is underwhelming?

LarrysRightFoot

Do we have an interest in Polwarh or is it just another name KB has pulled from nowhere? 

IMO he’s a decent passer of the ball but he is very slow and ponderous at times. Put it this way he’s a similar player to a Irving but Irving has far more potential. 

We need players with pace, energy and dynamism. 

Auld Reekin'
44 minutes ago, Jeff said:

That wee Insigne isn't big enough for us

:icon14:   Levein always liked a big, "Immobile", centre-forward...   :whistling:

BackOfTheNet
28 minutes ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Liam Polworth “and” an underwhelming player. Please replace and with is.

19 minutes ago, pointon said:

Surely Polworth is underwhelming?

Don’t have a strong opinion either way. I was just making a wee joke based on people saying we’re expecting two in before pre-season (Tuesday) and Polwarth being one of those names that never seems to go away. But don’t know his game enough to determine if he would be underwhelming - my ignorance of his play isn’t an excuse for calling him underwhelming at least. But then couldn’t be bothered to make up a second name.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Don’t have a strong opinion either way. I was just making a wee joke based on people saying we’re expecting two in before pre-season (Tuesday) and Polwarth being one of those names that never seems to go away. But don’t know his game enough to determine if he would be underwhelming - my ignorance of his play isn’t an excuse for calling him underwhelming at least. But then couldn’t be bothered to make up a second name.

I’d never heard of him until

he got mentioned on here. Must pay more attention to other teams. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Neilson was in sky lounge today showing players around. 

At last 

:HeartsMandance:

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Neilson was in sky lounge today showing players around. 

Did you see them? If so did you recognise any from the league, race, height etc?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Osaze urhoghide is a player we have talked to. Bit of competition though.

Potential 

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Osaze urhoghide is a player we have talked to. Bit of competition though.

I’d imagine other championship or even premiership teams keen as he rejected a new deal with Sheffield. Would be good signing though 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***