***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

29 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lewis-ferguson/profil/spieler/428563

No idea if it's correct but it says Lewis Ferguson cost Aberdeen 239k. I think the 500k is a bit overpriced. They could be trying to work out a deal but I doubt it.

Ferguson was only 18 when Aberdeen signed him whereas Campbell is 22 and been at Motherwell for 10 years. The compensation is based on the number of years a player has been at a club along with how much hasbeen spent developing them so that is probably why the difference in the fees.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Jackd51 said:

Yeah I doubt it too but it was the mystery bit that got me cause the weedgie press usually  are all over whatever the Old Firm are up to and after a quick scan the only mention of Celtic is on some tranfer forum to the fact that he's a mystery signing for somebody and they hope its them ? Like you said looks like a decent player busy and likes a wee baw over the tap perfect for Gino 

The article I read yesterday about an unnamed club in Scotland after him had his club valuing him at £13m.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

The article I read yesterday about an unnamed club in Scotland after him had his club valuing him at £13m.

Hibs then 😀😀😀😀😀😀😫

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hahahaha it will deffo no be us then 😄

1 minute ago, Jackd51 said:

Although Transfermarkets got him at 1.17 mil

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

3 minutes ago, Jackd51 said:

It's £1.3M no £13M.

Maybe 13M Kr which is about £1.2M. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's £1.3M no £13M.

Would show a bit of intent sure there's somebody in the club wi deep enough pockets sure I read earlier in this thread that we were looking at 3 wow targets Well think he might have enough about him that i'd be wowed 3 times WOW He's under 30  WOW Loos a player and WOW Somebody we might actually make a few quid on down the line 

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's £1.3M no £13M.

Looks like whoever read the Norwegian papers article for the daily record got confused and thought it was pounds not Króna. 

That makes more sense.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Jackd51 said:

Would show a bit of intent sure there's somebody in the club wi deep enough pockets sure I read earlier in this thread that we were looking at 3 wow targets Well think he might have enough about him that i'd be wowed 3 times WOW He's under 30  WOW Loos a player and WOW Somebody we might actually make a few quid on down the line 

He'd definitely be a wow signing for me but I can't see us having the money unless we were paying it in installments AND part exchanging someone! Looks worth the initial outlay though because he could go for a tidy sum in a couple of years time if he cracks on. 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Looks like whoever read the Norwegian papers article for the daily record got confused and thought it was pounds not Króna. 

That makes more sense.

That's the daily record for you. 

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He'd definitely be a wow signing for me but I can't see us having the money unless we were paying it in installments AND part exchanging someone! Looks worth the initial outlay though because he could go for a tidy sum in a couple of years time if he cracks on. 

Like I said mate wishful thinking but deffo the type of player we should be looking at young with potential to get a good couple o years out of then hopefully a move that's good for both parties we've tried the ageing Pros and the punts from the lower English Divisions and that why we are where we are 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That makes more sense.

Hahahahaha morons 

48 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Looks like a disappointing end to the week.

Apologies if I got anyone’s hopes up. I’d been given a wee wink that pen to paper was made by a close friend who works close to the club. I’m not usually one to stick my neck out and do this but was genuinely convinced as they are usually radio silent on this kind of thing.

Wasn’t given any name or nationality but was told midfielder and defender were the positions from down south. 

Hey no need to apologise, I like it when folk post bits they've heard.

They won't always happen but heyho!

Pasquale for King

I can exclusively reveal Jim White is retiring from SSN, not a minute too soon, Hun *****.
Bring back Natalie Sawyer. 

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's £1.3M no £13M.

Ann digging deep to say thank you to the fans. Puts a couple of million of her own money in. 

Anderson chucks in 500k for Campbell and pays his wage along with Dunne. 

:scenes:

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can exclusively reveal Jim White is retiring from SSN, not a minute too soon, Hun *****.
Bring back Natalie Sawyer. 

:ruiner:

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

What a player btw. Unbelieveable signing if its us lol but doubt it considering the fee. 

3 hours ago, Jackd51 said:

Hi just having a wee spy on the interweb and noticed that some mystery Scottish club is tracking Norwegian Patrick Berg CM 23yr old ? Has big James been sorting out his small change again ? From what I can see his club is looking for 1.5 mil and he's on about £1500 quid a week I KNOW IS A LONG SHOT BUT YOU NEVER KNOW .

Both rangers and celtic, clubs interested in Mcgregor, and Kamara 👍

Italian Lambretta
53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ann digging deep to say thank you to the fans. Puts a couple of million of her own money in. 

Or NOT most likely.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Or NOT most likely.

Most Likley, not impossible tho. 

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Absolutely no chance that Campbell or Dunne will be at us next season.

Campbell will end up in English second tier. More chance of Dunne but even then that’s slim.

We need to be more realistic about our targets

4 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Campbell will end up in English second tier. More chance of Dunne but even then that’s slim.

It’s hard to see who our targets could be. RN has said we’re targeting quality over quantity and largely 26 years old or younger but without paying fees. Hard to see many obvious targets other than the ones who are destined for the English championship or better. 

merseyjambo

Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s hard to see who our targets could be. RN has said we’re targeting quality over quantity and largely 26 years old or younger but without paying fees. Hard to see many obvious targets other than the ones who are destined for the English championship or better. 

I have feeling that some of targets will be unknowns to most fans but will be known to Savage

Its something PNE have always been quite good at

Just now, merseyjambo said:

I have feeling that some of targets will be unknowns to most fans but will be known to Savage

Hope so. We need exactly what RN said he’s aiming for. Fingers crossed. 

KyleLafferty

Regan Hendry just announced he’s leaving Raith. I’m guessing it’s gonna be either us, Aberdeen or Hibs that’s have signed him.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Regan Hendry just announced he’s leaving Raith. I’m guessing it’s gonna be either us, Aberdeen or Hibs that’s have signed him.

Well worth the risk imo. Potential in spades. 

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Milinkovic, Haring, Uche (first season), Michael smith were all unknowns so I wouldn’t be against this 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Well worth the risk imo. Potential in spades. 

16 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Wherever he ends up he will do well, so if we really want him, go all out for him, don’t dick about with a half hearted offer, if he ends up at Hibs or Aberdeen for the sake of a couple of hundred pound a week we will end up regretting on missing out on a talented player 

Edited by jbee647

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Wherever he ends up he will do well, so if we really want him, go all out for him, don’t dick about with a half hearted offer, if he ends up at Hibs or Aberdeen for the sake of a couple of hundred pound a week we will end up regretting on missing out on a talented player 

Think we should be looking higher myself, over run by our powder puff midfield not a good look imho

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Think we should be looking higher myself, over run by our powder puff midfield not a good look imho

The same raith midfield that ripped the piss at our place? He’s a talented player and dynamic, and will get forward. Hope it’s us but we don’t have Europe to lure him with.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

The same raith midfield that ripped the piss at our place? He’s a talented player and dynamic, and will get forward. Hope it’s us but we don’t have Europe to lure him with.

Distraction of Europe with a team of bottle merchants or Edinburgh’s big club with financial backing and a derby record to beat all derby records. Hmm,

KyleLafferty
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Distraction of Europe with a team of bottle merchants or Edinburgh’s big club with financial backing and a derby record to beat all derby records. Hmm,

As a player with zero association to the clubs, you chose Europe in my opinion. No matter how shit you do in it.

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

As a player with zero association to the clubs, you chose Europe in my opinion. No matter how shit you do in it.

You probably choose whoever offers the most cash. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

or who you are more likely going to get more game time with

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly. Europe shmoorup gies yer cash

28 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Would swap Irving for Hendry no problem. Someone said he was away to Hibs though?

Another recruit to Hibs hundred man midfield. It’s all they ever seem to sign. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Another recruit to Hibs hundred man midfield. It’s all they ever seem to sign. 

.net thinks he's away to Ipswich. 

Rick Sanchez

I'd get my agent to get the deals as level as he could and base my decision on who my gaffer would be and who my team mates would be tbh.

Scotland is a small pond.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

I don't have to be.

I am sure the club will be more relaistic.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't have to be.

I am sure the club will be more relaistic.

What’s your preference? 2-3 wow signings. And go for A really good first 11 and fill the bench with youth, or 7-8 of our usual mix of experience, rehabs and gambles with potential and potentially a stronger depth of squad ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

They really didn't.  3 2 going on 8 3 Hearts followed by 2 complete horsings. 

Must try harder

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***