• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry if your lack of football knowledge can’t see it. 
Listening to him on the dodgy streams with no commentary you can hear him directing everyone and they largely ignore him. Whether they can’t be arsed with him is up for debate, the rest is fact. 

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You have no clue about football as usual, just play the man not the topic. 

😳😳😳😳

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Couldn't resist it. 😍

Now if someone tech could slap Berras heed on the body :lol:

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It seems the players can’t be arsed with him either, if they actually listened to him and carried out his instructions they would be better players and we would be more successful. I can imagine Neilson would love to get rid of him as he’s everything that he isn’t. 

If players can’t be arsed listening or take advice from a player who has achieved more in the game than 99% of them have, or ever will, then I suggest they are the ones who need to gtf, certainly not Steven Naismith

Batistuta87
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

1st goal looks like Souttar is trying to play offside. It's hard to tell but if Smith, Souttar and Hickey are in line there, then Berra is playing Eduoard onside. Nevertheless it wasn't a penalty. 

The 2nd one is because the midfield didn't win the 2nd ball and yes Berra makes a mistake but the midfield should have done better. 

All true too. As the captain, that's up to Berra to organise. 

A bit of a calamitous affair to be honest for both goals and actually for some of the other chances they had too. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

🤣

I'd hope that retiring from playing would be reflected in his salary but I fear that it won't. 

Wouldn't surprise me if his 4 year deal included the possibility of giving up playing at some point but that the salary would remain intact.

Very Levein-esque I would suggest.

Not having a pop at Naismith, btw. Quality player but there's absolutely no doubt that his days as an on field asset are numbered.

Definitely, I think his influence is important but not at £5k a week. Ideally a new reduced contract to play sparingly and move into coaching. 
Hopefully Damour will find a club, even if we have to pay a small fee to get him out. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

If players can’t be arsed listening or take advice from a player who has achieved more in the game than 99% of them have, or ever will, then I suggest they are the ones who need to gtf, certainly not Steven Naismith

:clap:

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I agree last season wasn’t his finest, but saying he’s finished is a bit dramatic. Would walk into any other team below old firm. Will still score goals

Fair point. He would, but then you need to ask how many minutes you’re getting for how much money. If you get 15-20 starts out him now you’re doing very well.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I stand by my initial opinion in that Berra cost us both finals. Whilst you can argue Souttar did this and that, he's where he is supposed to be. Berra doesnt get close enough to Eduard meaning Bobby is more inclined to stay in his goal, and fresh air swipes a simple ball to him. Souttar cant be blamed for the fact that Eduard is then one on one, when its Berra's mistake that got him there. 

Anyway this is a transfer thread and dont want derail it

Any signings please

I disagree but agree with derailing the thread. 
We all need a new signing to talk about no doubt about that. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

August Landmesser
19 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I was told along with the kit and sponsor stuff we would have 2 in for pre season starting and we expected 1 this week to be announced not heard anything different 👍🏻

Next ST renewal window opens at 3pm, would the Club plan a signing announcement for then so people stampede to the shop waving greasy fivers?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

That’s my point of view, the away game at Morton was a real insight. I obviously heard him doing at home games but he actually gave me a sare heid. He was on at “Walker” the whole game and he played well that day. Halkett was especially bad at almost doing the exact opposite of what his captain was asking him to do. 
If they’re not listening to him with his experience, personality and charisma I think it’s unlikely they listen to the manager. 

BackOfTheNet
24 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I was told along with the kit and sponsor stuff we would have 2 in for pre season starting and we expected 1 this week to be announced not heard anything different 👍🏻

If it’s to be this week maybe it’s tomorrow since they’ve moved up the next phase of the season tickets to this afternoon instead of tomorrow?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Next ST renewal window opens at 3pm, would the Club plan a signing announcement for then so people stampede to the shop waving greasy fivers?

Maybe but the folk waiting to renew might well need a wee push and good signings will hopefully do that. 

Hi just having a wee spy on the interweb and noticed that some mystery Scottish club is tracking Norwegian Patrick Berg CM 23yr old ? Has big James been sorting out his small change again ? From what I can see his club is looking for 1.5 mil and he's on about £1500 quid a week I KNOW IS A LONG SHOT BUT YOU NEVER KNOW .

Guest ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

First goal Souttar was napping. If he'd known where Edouard was he could have tracked him into the box and Bobby wouldn't have came out. Reckless on Bobby's part, but Berra should have given him a shout to let him know he was coming across to cover. If he did and Bobby has ignored the shout then that's his fault but a well timed tackle from Berra (which he's perfectly capable of) and the threat is dealt with. Bobby should also have saved the pen. 2nd goal was all Berra. Basically blame his injury for that one, because if he hadn't done his hammy previously, he might have been able to stretch to block the through ball. 

Every goal involves one or more errors at some point in the build up to it. Berra did play a large part in the 2-1 cup final defeat ad he cost us a lot of goals latterly in his career - just was nowhere near the player he was before his injury - but the real reason we lost that the way we did was Haring having to go off, same way the reason we bombed in the LC semi was Naismith getting injured very early doors. In both cases those very key players going off disrupted our plan, caused uncertainty in our team and gave Celtic encouragement. Berra without Haring in front of him was an easy target for Celtic. Naismith off removed our main attacking weapon and - at that time - talisman.

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure what you mean? He’s not the manager? If they do ignore the manager they get moved on. 

Fair enough, I only read as far back as where Robbie got a mention, my bad

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If it’s to be this week maybe it’s tomorrow since they’ve moved up the next phase of the season tickets to this afternoon instead of tomorrow?

Honestly not sure what the hold up is this week, not heard anything since Tuesday evening. Only thing I could think is we plan to make a double announcement and are waiting a few more days but that’s just a guess 

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Honestly not sure what the hold up is this week, not heard anything since Tuesday evening. Only thing I could think is we plan to make a double announcement and are waiting a few more days but that’s just a guess 

Cheers as always though

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

The bit in bold is nonsense. In the 2019 final, it was Peter Haring's injury that left our back four exposed.

In the 2020 final, Kingsley and Wighton score their penalties and it's game over.

No-one single handedly cost us those games.

Agree entirely.  This  anti-Naismith trend is tiresome and totally OTT.   

No news today then?

After all the build up it better be good when it does arrive. 😊

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Agree entirely.  This  anti-Naismith trend is tiresome and totally OTT.   

My post this poster was referring to was about Berra and not Naismith

57 minutes ago, Jackd51 said:

Hi just having a wee spy on the interweb and noticed that some mystery Scottish club is tracking Norwegian Patrick Berg CM 23yr old ? Has big James been sorting out his small change again ? From what I can see his club is looking for 1.5 mil and he's on about £1500 quid a week I KNOW IS A LONG SHOT BUT YOU NEVER KNOW .

Celtic rumoured to be in for him 

44 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

👍

7 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Celtic rumoured to be in for him 

yeah mate the piece I read mentioned both them and Rangers but more in the sense that it could only be one of them however do either really need another Centre-Mid ?

Probably just wishful thinking on a boring friday at work wi sod all happening :yadayada:

David Black
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If he scores 1 and it's the winer in the sc final he'll be worth it!

IF.

Rick Sanchez

I think we're all secretly hoping for an Allan Campbell type signing but if we listen to what we're being told, it will be mostly English League One or Two.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think we're all secretly hoping for an Allan Campbell type signing but if we listen to what we're being told, it will be mostly English League One or Two.

Given Campbell will cost around £500k I think anyone hoping for that sort of signing is a tad over optimistic. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That's the market RN thinks he knows. You can pick up the odd jem there. 

davemclaren
Just now, JackLadd said:

That's the market RN thinks he knows. You can pick up the odd jem there. 

Savage likely knows it better than RN I imagine. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I disagree but agree with derailing the thread. 
We all need a new signing to talk about no doubt about that. 

Derail this thread by actually signing someone, please!

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given Campbell will cost around £500k I think anyone hoping for that sort of signing is a tad over optimistic. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lewis-ferguson/profil/spieler/428563

No idea if it's correct but it says Lewis Ferguson cost Aberdeen 239k. I think the 500k is a bit overpriced. They could be trying to work out a deal but I doubt it.

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unless of course any Benefactors just happen to assist or we do a part exchange with another player such as Roberts.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Fair enough, I only read as far back as where Robbie got a mention, my bad

No probs, barely on topic really as Naisy retiring frees up some wages for  signings. The positives and negatives of the wee mans contribution are interesting, to me anyway 😆

davemclaren
Just now, wavydavy said:

Unless of course any Benefactors just happen to assist or we do a part exchange with another player such as Roberts.

Long shots but you never know. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lewis-ferguson/profil/spieler/428563

No idea if it's correct but it says Lewis Ferguson cost Aberdeen 239k. I think the 500k is a bit overpriced. They could be trying to work out a deal but I doubt it.

I think he was younger and it went to a tribunal. I think

they get a cut of a future transfer too. 
£237.50k apparently 😆https://www.invernessreds.co.uk/hamilton-accounts-confirm-cost-of-ferguson-deal/

A1E4F360-798B-459C-A4FF-BC98C1E3A9B3.jpeg

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Derail this thread by actually signing someone, please!

🤞🙏. Even someone shite 😆🤬

David Black
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Training starts next week, 15 June I think.

Well RN hoped to have most of his signings in by then, He is leaving it a bit tight.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Jackd51 said:

What a player btw. Unbelieveable signing if its us lol but doubt it considering the fee. 

jamboinglasgow

well, I think if we were to have a signing it would be announce around 5 at the latest, the fact no teases from Hearts twitter suggests there is no one today.

RustyRightPeg
6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Ooooft, heids above parapet.  Good luck lads

Looks like a disappointing end to the week.

Apologies if I got anyone’s hopes up. I’d been given a wee wink that pen to paper was made by a close friend who works close to the club. I’m not usually one to stick my neck out and do this but was genuinely convinced as they are usually radio silent on this kind of thing.

Wasn’t given any name or nationality but was told midfielder and defender were the positions from down south. 

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

Well RN hoped to have most of his signings in by then, He is leaving it a bit tight.

Six to be announced on Monday. 😍

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

What a player btw. Unbelieveable signing if its us lol but doubt it considering the fee. 

Yeah I doubt it too but it was the mystery bit that got me cause the weedgie press usually  are all over whatever the Old Firm are up to and after a quick scan the only mention of Celtic is on some tranfer forum to the fact that he's a mystery signing for somebody and they hope its them ? Like you said looks like a decent player busy and likes a wee baw over the tap perfect for Gino 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***