• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

adambraejambo

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

To get this spot on  I’d recon having 25 players of a squad who you can count on to cover form, injuries, suspensions etc.

3 x Keepers : Gordon, Stewart, Stone

2 x Right Backs : Smith, Brandon

2 x Left Backs : A.N Other, A.N.Other

2 x Right Centre Backs : Souttar, A.N.Other

2 x Left Centre Backs : A.N.Other, A.N.Other

2 x Right Wing Backs :      ?       ,       ?.

2 x Left Wing Backs :        ?       ,       ?.

6 x Midfielders : McEneff, Walker,  Haring,    ?      ,      ?        ,       ?.

4 x Strikers : Boyce, Gnanduillet, Ginnelly,        ?.

I’m thinking that Stone should maybe given the chance to challenge Gordon and get a few games in the League Cup especially with the big man in the Scotland squad. Halkett would not be my first choice and if he wanted a move that could be for the best. Mackay-Steven I recon is in the same bracket as Halkett as well as Henderson. Irving might have to stay at Hearts, who knows, and Naismith might retire or he might not.

Youngsters like McGill need to push as hard as they can to force their way into the squad. The players I haven’t mentioned need to be sold or freed.

2Rb 2Lb 2Rwb and 2Lwb I feel administration is coming again with our wage bill lol

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What's the reason to think Allan Campbell might be available? Out of contract?

Out of contract but 500k development fee

I've previously bemoaned the culture of silence and secrecy under the Budge regime unless the good lady wants our money.

I'm intrigued that many of the big clubs in England announce their signing targets, so too Celtic and rangers, but not us.

I presume I'm still not allowed to know how our injured players are progressing or whether we have a transfer budget.

Or anything else for that matter.

stevie1874
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've previously bemoaned the culture of silence and secrecy under the Budge regime unless the good lady wants our money.

I'm intrigued that many of the big clubs in England announce their signing targets, so too Celtic and rangers, but not us.

I presume I'm still not allowed to know how our injured players are progressing or whether we have a transfer budget.

Don’t think any club announce who they want to sign, maybe because the media have more interest in the bigger clubs and write articles that sound like it’s coming from the club itself

14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thanks. Probably too steep for us.

I'm a big fan of us signing promising players from other Scottish clubs.  JJ was superb at finding modestly priced gems.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Halliday done well at LB,was excellent against Raith and chipped in with an important goal against Dundee.👍

So let’s forget the rest of the season where he was mince, lazy and uninterested.

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What a load of nonsense. Culture of silence my arse. We announce things when they’re a done deal - what’s wrong with that. I couldn’t give a toss about possibles or maybes, I want those agreed and completed.  Utter drivel in your post I’m afraid 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

not many of them kicking about. I think Shanklands movement is excellent. Dundee Utd were massively defensive last season so I remain convinced he’d be a good player in tight games when we are on top . One of our own as well.

that said - I don’t think Dundee Utd would be keen to sell to us 

Billy Mackay would do the job but a 33 yo might not be that well received. The guy from QoS Connor Shields might’ve been worth a look but he signed for Motherwell. 
Utd might not want to sell him to us and I think your of a similar generation that remembers we rarely get a good player from them, or manager 😜

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm a big fan of us signing promising players from other Scottish clubs.  JJ was superb at finding modestly priced gems.

those gems now move to England for 5 times the cash

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Don’t think any club announce who they want to sign, maybe because the media have more interest in the bigger clubs and write articles that sound like it’s coming from the club itself

The interview I posted with Joe Savage earlier, he talks about players they were speaking to then a club with more resources swoops in and takes them (one player he gave an example of is PNE tried to signed Jamal Lowe, then Swansea came in who had more money due to previous premier league parachute payments so was able to sign him.

As you say, announcing who are going to sign can only end in tears. Especially if its a player who would normally be out of your league who is in talks, let bigger clubs know the player is speaking to a lower level and they will jump in with a bit more money to entice them away.

35 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

why on earth would we announce our transfer budget ? Not sure what clubs do officially  but I’m interested to know ?

Likewise why would we officially say who our transfer targets are ? What positives come from that ?

26 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

2Rb 2Lb 2Rwb and 2Lwb I feel administration is coming again with our wage bill lol

We’ll be in the money. There’s nothing better than winning games home and away to get the crowds in and when that happens every part of the club does well. Hospitality, Merchandise, Sponsorship, Hearts TV subscriptions yes you name it success on the pitch leads to a healthy bank balance. What is it that worries you adambraejambo is it our teams management or our Chairperson, If the are in charge of Hearts they must be the best or they wouldn’t be in a job. That must be the truth mustn’t it be.   😎 

54 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Pardon my French, Doug, but that is a load of nonsense.

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

why on earth would we announce our transfer budget ? Not sure what clubs do officially  but I’m interested to know ?

Likewise why would we officially say who our transfer targets are ? What positives come from that ?

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I would be shocked if we announced our transfer budget.  I think we could announce if we have won though.  It may be different in the higher echelons but rangers recently announced that they were preparing a £15m bid for a named player.  The big clubs in England and Europe do it all the time.  

My main point is, under Dr Budge, our club is a secret society.  Others may disagree but they'll find the gathering of contrary evidence somewhat challenging.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Pardon my French, Doug, but that is a load of nonsense.

You would know.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Do people read their posts back ever and wonder why they wrote it. 

Boredom has set in

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Paterson buddy said yesterday he's definitely not homesick but Sheffield Wednesday are a cripple 

adambraejambo
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We’ll be in the money. There’s nothing better than winning games home and away to get the crowds in and when that happens every part of the club does well. Hospitality, Merchandise, Sponsorship, Hearts TV subscriptions yes you name it success on the pitch leads to a healthy bank balance. What is it that worries you adambraejambo is it our teams management or our Chairperson, If the are in charge of Hearts they must be the best or they wouldn’t be in a job. That must be the truth mustn’t it be.   😎 

I've said a few times that I wanted Neilson out and i still do but it appears that it is not happening so I will support the club 100% and just hope I was very wrong in my thoughts on the manager. As for Budge she not perfect but as a owner she one of the better ones but that's a whole different thing and nothing to do with your original post. I just found it funny you wanted 8 players to cover 2 starting positions.  

Sometimes it's better not to bring back players but big Callum would do nicely.

I also not our old pal Skinny (Malinkovic) is looking for a club. Pacy, direct winger and still only 27. Could defo do a job.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Wouldn’t be anything approaching that according to the table in the SPFL  rules. And my reading of those rules is we get him for nothing if we wait till he is 23 in July.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

So let’s forget the rest of the season where he was mince, lazy and uninterested.

Underwhelming in midfield but lazy is very harsh. Was really good at wing back. 

5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Underwhelming in midfield but lazy is very harsh. Was really good at wing back. 

If that’s really good the rest of our team must be super stars.

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If that’s really good the rest of our team must be super stars.

You’ll be happy then as that’s what you want. 😜

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think we could announce if we have won though.  

Announce what ? Why on earth would we do that.  Let others know what we have to spend ?  Like I said what good would come from that ?

Edited by 1971fozzy

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

So what you are suggesting is we shouldn’t bother trying to sign players who can take a a chance because, as you correctly point out, we don’t create enough chances. Just get Boyce, Ginelly and GMS to France as well. 

Nah, was simply saying that we could sign Messi and make a mess of that too!

If someone needs another player(s) to be effective then you need multiple decent signings and a manager that plays to actual strengths............not too sure the last 4 or 5 YEARS have any evidence of players/ managers/ style/ tactics........then again I've mislaid my rose tinted glasses!

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would be shocked if we announced our transfer budget.  I think we could announce if we have won though.  It may be different in the higher echelons but rangers recently announced that they were preparing a £15m bid for a named player.  The big clubs in England and Europe do it all the time.  

My main point is, under Dr Budge, our club is a secret society.  Others may disagree but they'll find the gathering of contrary evidence somewhat challenging.

Won?

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Announce what ? Why on earth would we do that.  Let others know what we have to spend ?  Like I said what good would come from that ?

That’s right Never Ever Show Your Hand because it only gives the selling club, agent or player looking for more cash.

The amount of money Hearts have or don’t have is the clubs business no one else’s.

51 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That’s right Never Ever Show Your Hand because it only gives the selling club, agent or player looking for more cash.

The amount of money Hearts have or don’t have is the clubs business no one else’s.

I understand your viewpoint but I struggle to fully agree with it.  Everyone knows that the owners of the giant clubs have money coming out their ears.  That doesn't mean that they don't put a maximum value on a player they want to sign and just walk away if the host club are after more.  No real secrets in their world.

Our world is very different but it would do no harm to specify that we have a budget for pay increases, bonuses and transfers without specifying the sum.

I would argue against myself however by saying that with our track record of signing multiple failures, having a transfer budget at all is high risk.

My overall point is that I wish the club would be more open with us on many subjects.  

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

He also signed loads of dross and wasted loads of money 

3 hours ago, jambocub said:

He also signed loads of dross and wasted loads of money 

Your memory will leave mine for dead but his 1998 team challenged valiantly for the league and won the cup with the players I'm referring too.  Plus a smattering of superb imports.

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

No a win win imo.

Griffiths is now over 30,has a wad of cash in the bank,motivation has gone.Similar to O'Connor and Rat boy returning.

Win for us as a famous member of the 5-1 band coming back.😎

Biffa Bacon
10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Against my better judgement... here are my thoughts. Most players are under contract until the end of May, or more likely down south the end of June. Until they are out of contract and subsequently signed by Hearts, I would not expect any public announcements. Most of the deals publicised are when a fee is agreed, thus the player and his current club agree to terminate the original contract in exchange for money. In this case the contracts do not have to get to the end date, and the new club is free to announce, as the new contract will then supersed any previous deal. As we have seen there can be many reasons as to why a deal can be scuppered, so is fluid until everything is signed.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Your memory will leave mine for dead but his 1998 team challenged valiantly for the league and won the cup with the players I'm referring too.  Plus a smattering of superb imports.

He did, he also spent about £400k on Petric and we crashed and burned the season after. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Fitness could be his problem, he was slaughtered by Lennon for being overweight and unfit for pre season. Took him about 6 months to get fit. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

A fit and mentally tuned in Griffiths would be a great signing for Hibs.  Not so sure they are going to get that.  

Gimme an H...

Griffiths is better than Nisbit. Even at 30+ and having no kicked a baw for ages. 

Clerry Jambo

Boycie is better than nissy currently and that is not maroon tinted specs either. Boycie has an all round better game however Nisbet does have age on his side

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No a win win imo.

Griffiths is now over 30,has a wad of cash in the bank,motivation has gone.Similar to O'Connor and Rat boy returning.

Win for us as a famous member of the 5-1 band coming back.😎

I think it’ll revitalise him a bit to be honest. Much like when Gordon returned to us.

If they get a couple of million for Nisbet and sign Griffiths then that’ll be an outstanding piece of business for them unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I think it’ll revitalise him a bit to be honest. Much like when Gordon returned to us.

If they get a couple of million for Nisbet and sign Griffiths then that’ll be an outstanding piece of business for them unfortunately.

If Griffiths mental health issues are sorted it would be a great move for them in the short term. No idea how he is nowadays though. 

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He did, he also spent about £400k on Petric and we crashed and burned the season after. 

He more than made that money back by signing Niemi at the same time and selling him on to Southampton. We also had three amazing years with him in goal. 

Edited by Last Laff

colinmaroon
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

100% this!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***