***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

19/05/2012
5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Funnily enough i mentioned this a few weeks back. There's a few there worth looking at. Long, O'Donnell, Cole, Campbell. 

We could, and should try and use Roberts as a makeweight plus cash to getting one of them in. That's if they like him and want to keep him. There's always deals to be done if ambition is shown. 

Always liked the look of Long every time i have seen him good movement and pace. Not the best scoring record but could certainly do a job for us

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Funnily enough i mentioned this a few weeks back. There's a few there worth looking at. Long, O'Donnell, Cole, Campbell. 

We could, and should try and use Roberts as a makeweight plus cash to getting one of them in. That's if they like him and want to keep him. There's always deals to be done if ambition is shown. 

I would also use Hallkett as a bit of a bargaining tool as I'm sure they are interested in him to replace Gallagher. My ideal scenario would be Roberts, Halkett and say 250 000 for Allan Campbell. Or am I living on a different planet 

johnthomas
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’ll be in the washing basket. That’s where mine ends up when I cannae find it. 😀

I'll have a look . What is a washing basket ?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

I would also use Hallkett as a bit of a bargaining tool as I'm sure they are interested in him to replace Gallagher. My ideal scenario would be Roberts, Halkett and say 250 000 for Allan Campbell. Or am I living on a different planet 

Depends if they want them, they’ve given last seasons ST holders free STs for next season so would probably want the cash. 

Chris Long has 4 league goals this season.

As for using Roberts as makeweight in a deal for Campbell, that assumes Motherwell would actually attribute monetary value to him. They might want him on a loan or a free, but effectively chucking even 50k at him because he had a couple of decent games for them? I'm not sure about that, and even then that only gets us 10% off Campbell's reported price.

Just now, johnthomas said:

I'll have a look . What is a washing basket ?

It’s like a bucket but when your wife picks up your dirty clothes she puts them in it. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

That's it for me. Ginelly in particular. Dunne shouldn't be a pipe-dream and should be at least contacted. Campbell would be a good catch but i've since heard that Hibs are now interested. With potential Europe, that makes it more difficult for us. Sad state of affairs really.

Second fiddle to Hibz wtf has been allowed to happen to our great club. Natural order should restore itself though.

Batistuta87

Had a quick scan through some foreign free agents and found this lad. Young French winger who has been released by Toulouse. Seems to have a fair bit of potential: 

2847F580-D673-41CF-95DA-E9976DECEE8D.jpeg

Edited by Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Had a quick scan through some foreign free agents and found this lad. Young French winger who has been released by Toulouse. Seems to have a fair bit of potential: 

2847F580-D673-41CF-95DA-E9976DECEE8D.jpeg

Not sure he’d qualify under the new immigration points system. Being Ligue 2 won’t help.

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not sure he’d qualify under the new immigration points system. Being Ligue 2 won’t help.

Forgot about these... Thanks Brexit 🙄

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yup, the gift that keeps on crapping on everything.

jamboinglasgow

I am pretty sure Scottish footballs exemption to the new immigration rules was extended to the end of the summer window. I remember reading that a few months ago.

But agree with others that the new rules are awful and backwards. The fact that the rules create a situation where I player could play in Scotland but then because on rules on points for the premiership being low due to it not being a top 10 league that same player could not then sign for an English club shows a mixed up system.

stevie1874
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Second fiddle to Hibz wtf has been allowed to happen to our great club. Natural order should restore itself though.

Agreed, with regards to natural order, the club will have to make changes as were sleepwalking at the moment hoping that things will change. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I am pretty sure Scottish footballs exemption to the new immigration rules was extended to the end of the summer window. I remember reading that a few months ago.

But agree with others that the new rules are awful and backwards. The fact that the rules create a situation where I player could play in Scotland but then because on rules on points for the premiership being low due to it not being a top 10 league that same player could not then sign for an English club shows a mixed up system.

Is it not the same rules that existed for non EU players oreviously?

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it not the same rules that existed for non EU players oreviously?

There is the way with international appearances but now with extra requirements for which league a player plays in.

To be fair, if it allowed Scottish football to recruit more easily from outside the Eu I think that could benefit, but think the rules favour the Premier league.

Nookie Bear
42 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Surely something similar exists in the UK 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

under the new rules i believe people like van dijk, mahrez and kante would not be eligible to sign for the clubs they did

Paul Smyth QPR ex Linfield and McEneffs brother at Arsenal would bring average age down a lot and not cost a lot re loan deals.

Byyy The Light
6 hours ago, jambonian said:

That's it for me. Ginelly in particular. Dunne shouldn't be a pipe-dream and should be at least contacted. Campbell would be a good catch but i've since heard that Hibs are now interested. With potential Europe, that makes it more difficult for us. Sad state of affairs really.

Not convinced Europe comes in to it. 2 or 3 ties against teams in the back arse of nowhere and next to no preseason. It’s not really the draw it once was.

4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Not convinced Europe comes in to it. 2 or 3 ties against teams in the back arse of nowhere and next to no preseason. It’s not really the draw it once was.

Warm Wednesday night under the floodlights at tynecastle though. Would love a bit of that, no matter how brief our involvement in the tournament. 

Edited by GinRummy

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Warm Wednesday night under the floodlights at tynecastle though. Would love a bit of that, no matter how brief our involvement in the tournament. 

Correct.  I love European matches with the odd trip abroad. 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I would too. I just mean for a player deciding which club to go to. If you are signing a 3 year deal, 2 games in Malta and Macedonia aren’t going to swing it one way or the other 

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

I would too. I just mean for a player deciding which club to go to. If you are signing a 3 year deal, 2 games in Malta and Macedonia aren’t going to swing it one way or the other 

Aye, wasn’t disagreeing with your point 👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Won’t 3rd not still get into the groups next year or we reliant on how all those arsehole teams do this season for that?

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Won’t 3rd not still get into the groups next year or we reliant on how all those arsehole teams do this season for that?

1st = UCL

2nd = UCL

3rd = UEFA Conference League 

4th = UEFA Conference League 

Scottish Cup winners go into the Europa League 3rd QF Round. If SC winner also finishes 1st/2nd then the UEL place goes to 3rd place, and 4th and 5th go to the Conference League. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Hopefully with the premiership season completed and most of the play offs sides emimated then we will see some signings.

Edited by Newton51

Batistuta87

Wonder if any of these lads are on the radar. Zahibo was at Valencia once upon a time:

6995C212-CE76-4F85-A040-0BFB0C9F03CA.jpeg

15B3A84E-65BA-4A01-AD4F-2772A47489F8.jpeg

Edited by Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
38 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wonder if any of these lads are on the radar. Zahibo was at Valencia once upon a time:

6995C212-CE76-4F85-A040-0BFB0C9F03CA.jpeg

15B3A84E-65BA-4A01-AD4F-2772A47489F8.jpeg

Again, unless they’ve got dual nationality for a UK nation, I’m not sure how they could be signed under the new immigration points system. I’m curious as to how an Irish team can sign Han (Zahibo born in France so fine for EU). Also, Zahibo only signed for Dundalk last month, and Han in March.

11 hours ago, jambonian said:

I'd rather get Devante Cole from Motherwell that JET. 

Totally agree. Quite surprised Aberdeen are looking at JET. Can’t say I have been overly impressed with him TBH. 

Haven’t bothered reading through the whole thread but has there been any news on Greg Stewart?

Vlad the impaler

Oh how exciting,no plans on players just going to see which players pop up. Player lottery incoming AGAIN! 🙄

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Oh how exciting,no plans on players just going to see which players pop up. Player lottery incoming AGAIN! 🙄

To be fair to RN the article again is garbage,this could mean working on pre contracts.

Why pay a fee when you can sign a quality player for free?

I'm happy to wait and see what plays out.

I agree with him though that the squad was far too big and of poor quality.

Vlad the impaler
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

To be fair to RN the article again is garbage,this could mean working on pre contracts.

Why pay a fee when you can sign a quality player for free?

I'm happy to wait and see what plays out.

I agree with him though that the squad was far too big and of poor quality.

Pre contracts are different from free agents so I was just going on what he said. He also talks about “gap fillers if budget allows”....utterly depressing 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Pre contracts are different from free agents so I was just going on what he said. He also talks about “gap fillers if budget allows”....utterly depressing 

Think you are misunderstanding what RN has said ,he said there is gaps to fill.i.e many players leaving.

That's a different spin from gap fillers meaning a pointless signing.:levein2:

Vlad the impaler
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Think you are misunderstanding what RN has said ,he said there is gaps to fill.i.e many players leaving.

That's a different spin from gap fillers meaning a pointless signing.:levein2:

I hope your right and I’m wrong as definitely need to go with a tighter better quality squad

In theory it's not a bad approach but I have zero faith in Neilson picking the right player so it's more hoping that Savage is up to the job. 

I'd also take Neilson's comments on fees with a grain of salt. Hearts won't publicise the fact that we would pay money and I'd imagine the intention would be to avoid doing so but we've seen numerous times (including this winter) that we will. 

Batistuta87

Sounds like we'll be looking at lads who have been released down south. Was hoping for some Scottish experience but as long as these guys are right for the way the game is up here, then bring it on. Some good players being released just now... 

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hate to say I was correct. But I was. 

Folk expecting us to go out and pay actual money for "Scottish talent". :lol:

Savage was hired to use his contacts.

Over to him now...

To be fair, free contract does not mean they wont pay any development fees for a player out of contract. Also the article is a bit misleading as it suggests that we are only looking at England when the Robbie says its one of the areas we are looking at.

HEARTS FOREVER
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hate to say I was correct. But I was. 

Folk expecting us to go out and pay actual money for "Scottish talent". :lol:

Savage was hired to use his contacts.

Over to him now...

🤣

What a crock of crap.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

If we are after 6, hypothetically. Then two thirds of that, is fairly likely bound to be English or Irish. Savage has tapped that market previously with PNE. And already with McEneff, after 5 minutes in the door.

There's just more value for money down there. I'm fine with looking outwith the Scottish insular bubble.

If people think we're paying 300k-500k development fee out of our own bank account for the likes of Campbell, or whoever...I'll leave it there, as folk will fall out with me. And I actually like a few on here!

Yeah a huge fee like that is completely unrealistic.

Also agree there is value looking at England, especially if you have someone who can spot a good player.

HEARTS FOREVER
15 minutes ago, Barack said:

If we are after 6, hypothetically. Then two thirds of that, is fairly likely bound to be English or Irish. Savage has tapped that market previously with PNE. And already with McEneff, after 5 minutes in the door.

There's just more value for money down there. I'm fine with looking outwith the Scottish insular bubble.

If people think we're paying 300k-500k development fee out of our own bank account for the likes of Campbell, or whoever...I'll leave it there, as folk will fall out with me. And I actually like a few on here!

What we say and what we do may be two completely different things. Surely that would make sense no?

Let's wait and see before you give out the ...I told you so's.

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sounds like we'll be looking at lads who have been released down south. Was hoping for some Scottish experience but as long as these guys are right for the way the game is up here, then bring it on. Some good players being released just now... 

Not the point you’re making, but I for one don’t want us to sign players who “are right for the way the game is up here”. That usually means players that run around like headless chickens or know how to lump it up the park or be a big lump themselves. Our league is backwards and living in the past when it comes to the modern game and how teams successfully play it. Too many people (not saying yourself is like this) focus on players that can deal with grapplers like St. Mirren and Motherwell etc. Rangers and Celtic don’t buy players with that in mind, why should any other team? There’s a reason Scottish coaches are seen as very successful - and it’s not because they were a success in a Scottish league. So we get left with the dregs up here who are tactically inept. I don’t want to lower ourselves to that level of football, I want us to plough past it.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***