***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

No we aren't . I don't know how often I've seen him play but everytime I've seen him over 4[?] seasons he has looked exactly like the player we need

Hard to believe you haven't noticed him

Why, I only watch Hearts and wasn't aware we had so many Motherwell sympathisers on here. I mean, the only time they are on TV is v old firm and they don't exactly dominate games v them, so you must be watching Motherwell games online and studying him closely. 

Are there other players from teams in Scotland you think we should be signing since you appear to watch all games?

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

john thomas
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why, I only watch Hearts and wasn't aware we had so many Motherwell sympathisers on here. I mean, the only time they are on TV is v old firm and they don't exactly dominate games v them, so you must be watching Motherwell games online and studying him closely. 

Are there other players from teams in Scotland you think we should be signing since you appear to watch all games?

I'll be kind

I don't notice many non Hearts players unless they are really affecting the game . Campbell does

p.s. your snidiness is getting snidier

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I'll be kind

I don't notice many non Hearts players unless they are really affecting the game . Campbell does

p.s. your snidiness is getting snidier

I'll be kind. I don't believe you have seen him more than a handful of times. 

Let's see how things turn out with his career. 

Ethan Hunt

Neilson was giving it chat that the club weren’t revealing pre-contract signings until the season (Premiership I presume) was over.
Monday coming could be interesting one way or the other. 

HillmanHearts
54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Regan Hendry looks good, might need to hit them gym a bit to get stronger. Can see the pass which is the basic thing for a midfielder and appears to be able to make it also. 

Was thinking along similar lines.

Has a nice touch, can see a pass as you say and hunts for work - but not sure if he has strength for the step up.

Might be worth a punt tho.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson was giving it chat that the club weren’t revealing pre-contract signings until the season (Premiership I presume) was over.

Indoor drinking. 👍👍

Pasquale for King
Just now, HillmanHearts said:

Was thinking along similar lines.

Has a nice touch, can see a pass as you say and hunts for work - but not sure if he has strength for the step up.

Might be worth a punt tho.

Out of contract in a few weeks and it’s been rumoured we have an interest. Bounced of Adam but most do, white certainly isn’t his colour 😆

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hope we go for Reagan Hendry.Young boy oozes class.

Will be staying in Championship now so fingers crossed. Good young player who likes to get forward. Just what we need IMO

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Chaps said:

We didn’t need him.

We could’ve done with him the season we were demoted. I can’t stand all the Uber hun push and the songs but it’s hard to knock his goal record for us and Killie, both teams that didn’t exactly create much. 

Tommy Brown
16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ah, but what if any of the players are in the play off, might have to wait another week:whistling:

Any player signing a pre contract haven't  logged in kickback.

Why would they sign for Robbie, he's leaving isn't he.

Just praying that I'm going to be pleasantly surprised. That last 4 years of transfer windows have deflated me constantly. 

Robbo Is God

Paul Mullin at Cambridge United. Finished top scorer this season in League 2 with 32 goals. 26 years old and out of contract this summer. Got to be worth a look? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

How many games does he dominate for team in 4th bottom? Not that many obviously. 

I admitted I hadn't seen him play loads of games, but didn't realise you followed Motherwell games on regular basis. I mean you wouldn't lie or exaggerate would you. 

No I wouldn't lie, you are correct. Your correlation to the player to League position is pretty ridiculous. 

Celtic signed Turnbull from the same team as an example. Nor does it make any Hibs player a superstar for finishing 3rd. Gogic by your logic has gone from being shit last season to star this, since he has jumped from 11th to 3rd?

Gogic also proves evidence just because you play for a team further down the league you cant make it in a team further up it.

Think you know this, just fancy a barney 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

No I wouldn't lie, you are correct. Your correlation to the player to League position is pretty ridiculous. 

Celtic signed Turnbull from the same team as an example. Nor does it make any Hibs player a superstar for finishing 3rd. Gogic by your logic has gone from being shit last season to star this, since he has jumped from 11th to 3rd?

Gogic also proves evidence just because you play for a team further down the league you cant make it in a team further up it.

Think you know this, just fancy a barney 

They’re also in 7th place and he’s played more in Europe than any of our players has recently for us. 

Really didn’t think I would say this but ..... Lafferty on a 1yr rolling contract at the right money has to be worth having in the squad!! 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Tshibola would be a nailed on decent signing and certainly an upgrade on Lee, Damour, Cochrane, maybe similar in ability and perhaps in some ways I would prefer him to Walker for his work rate and defensive ability. 

Seedorf I admit is a bit out of the box and needs a fair bit of work, but think there's some potential there that would be worth a gamble. Again an upgrade on Frear and co, and would be ideal backup to GMS and hopefully Ginnelly. 

Of course our mainstay players need to be better than both of them, but in terms of making up the numbers and adding some depth we could do far worse. 

Should be noted that I'm basing this on last season because I haven't watched either of them this season. 

I have missed a couple days kip though as it goes 😂

All fair. 

Batistuta87
41 minutes ago, Robbo Is God said:

Paul Mullin at Cambridge United. Finished top scorer this season in League 2 with 32 goals. 26 years old and out of contract this summer. Got to be worth a look? 

Great scoring record that, and has to have a natural eye for goal to get on the scoresheet so much but I think there's a fair difference between EFL L2 and us. Eoin Doyle - who wasn't much good for Hibs 10y ago - was 2nd top scorer... 

Dunno tbh. 

Edited by Batistuta87

johnthomas

I'll be kind. I don't believe you have seen him more than a handful of times. 

Let's see how things turn out with his career. 

What you believe is of no interest to me , nor I suspect anyone else 

You are arguing for the sake of it .

Have a day off , make it today

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

What you believe is of no interest to me , nor I suspect anyone else 

You are arguing for the sake of it .

Have a day off , make it today

Tomorrow would be better. 

1 hour ago, Robbo Is God said:

Interesting shout, that's some goal tally! Hopefully savage knows his onions.

A lot of talk of Campbell on here, we’ve wanted him for a long time. 500k fee unlikely we will be paying that unless the benefactor covers it. We would offer players but other than roberts we don’t have much to offer, so it’s filed under the unlikely category

Arthur Morgan
25 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Interesting shout, that's some goal tally! Hopefully savage knows his onions.

I would imagine Savage would know about this guy. If he didn't, he will now.

Arthur Morgan

We should be going for Lafferty without a doubt. Stupid not to tbh, he will do the business for us again. Imagine him up top with the more creative Boyce with GMS in behind 🤤

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I would imagine Savage would know about this guy. If he didn't, he will now.

I’m hoping Savage is aware of virtually every player in the UK, and many beyond, in some way or other. 

2 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

A lot of talk of Campbell on here, we’ve wanted him for a long time. 500k fee unlikely we will be paying that unless the benefactor covers it. We would offer players but other than roberts we don’t have much to offer, so it’s filed under the unlikely category

Preference is to use Roberts as a way to reduce the fee. They are interested in Halkett but the amount of interest would suggest that if we are to sell we would have more value and potentially the development fee would be covered by a sale. We have informed Motherwell that Halks will not be involved in any deal involving Campbell. 

I'm surprised to hear that if the only possible solution is to pay the development fee then it will be paid by a personal account and not the club. IF it comes to that and IF the player at that point is willing to commit to a long-term contract to protect the club then the development fee will be paid from an external source. Let's just say a woman is determined to get her man.....and not at any cost to the club (other than player contract)

Campbell has been given a provisional offer to consider and negotiate. This is obviously dependent on a deal being done.  We are in a strong position and will certainly not give up easily.

Budge is very much against a Lafferty return.  Robbie had a chat with him (pre Kilmarnock) but was told to forget it. He will not be at hearts while AB is. 

41 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Budge is very much against a Lafferty return.  Robbie had a chat with him (pre Kilmarnock) but was told to forget it. He will not be at hearts while AB is. 

If this is true, and i have no reason to doubt you by the way, but this is exactly why we are an absolute shambles of a football club, wtf is Budge actually doing! meddling in first team football matters? I thought the reason Savage and Mckinley were brought in was because she wasn't going to be involved in the first team football side of the business anymore? Otherwise what's the actual point of bringing these people in? Why doesn't she just take the title of ceo and sporting director as well, as it appears she is doing both of their jobs anyway. Bloody shambles.

She can't go quick enough for me.

Leveins Battalion

Anybody expecting us to go for top talents like Campbell,McCann etc are in for a shock.Neilson in the EEN today,we will not be paying fees for anybody.

Expect this shitshow to continue for the foreseeable.

The whole club is thoroughly depressing 😥

Malinga the Swinga

Well, we have one poster saying we will pay fee, from personal account, while other quotes Neilson saying no fees will be paid. 

Who to believe? 

7 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Hastie was only £300k at a tribunal I think so I’d be surprised if Campbell’s dev fee is much higher. Probability is he has been getting paid similar amount as Hastie was. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Some folk really need to get over Lafferty.

guy has been phenomenal for Killie and he’d have walked over broken glass to play here. It was a Mistake , and if we don’t try for him again it’s another mistake .. this club needs a cult hero 

4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If this is true, and i have no reason to doubt you by the way, but this is exactly why we are an absolute shambles of a football club, wtf is Budge actually doing! meddling in first team football matters? I thought the reason Savage and Mckinley were brought in was because she wasn't going to be involved in the first team football side of the business anymore? Otherwise what's the actual point of bringing these people in? Why doesn't she just take the title of ceo and sporting director as well, as it appears she is doing both of their jobs anyway. Bloody shambles.

She can't go quick enough for me.

Might have something to do with the unrest caused in the dressing room and in other parts of the club by his lifestyle habits. Then again maybe not. 

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Anybody expecting us to go for top talents like Campbell,McCann etc are in for a shock.Neilson in the EEN today,we will not be paying fees for anybody.

Expect this shitshow to continue for the foreseeable.

The whole club is thoroughly depressing 😥

Not many clubs paying fees at the moment. Certainly not north of the border. Cash is absent from many clubs coffers. Depressing I agree. 

heartsfc_fan

Genuinely don't see the fuss over Campbell. Hadn't even heard of the guy until this season.

What attributes does he have?

Someone enlighten me.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Some folk really need to get over Lafferty.

Completely agree. Especially when we have a free scoring Northern Irish striker who contributes more than Lafferty does. Boyce has a better goals to game ratio for us than Lafferty and has assisted many more goals. 

Rick Sanchez

What is the criteria for making up a tribunal fee? He's a bog standard SPFL as it stands and is nowhere near an international call up. How do they get 500k?

Batistuta87
13 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Boyce will score 15-20 goals for us next season.

Only if we can get him some decent service. 

lost in space
10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Boyce will score 15-20 goals for us next season.

Not if he is playing "no 10". He spent much of the games coming out of the box looking for the ball. He did not want the no 9 shirt and looks to me as though he wants to continue as a "no 10".

I know there are "false no 9s" etc but Hearts first priority (in my opinion) would be to get a true centre forward (not Gnando or Henderson). If they do, I think Boyce will score a lot of goals.

If Boyce is our only centre forward, I think he (and we) will struggle.

Should be plenty of good free transfers available, we've just got make sure we're quick off the mark to pick them up.

Robbie giving a little more insight into the new philosophy I mentioned we were look to be moving into, players who are ready and fit into 2 formations he’s going to use and 26 year old and younger 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Hastie was only £300k at a tribunal I think so I’d be surprised if Campbell’s dev fee is much higher. Probability is he has been getting paid similar amount as Hastie was. 

Issue with this is you must be willing to pay the 500k if that’s what is decided. We won’t be 

A number of English championship clubs after Campbell so I would be surprised to see him stay up here. If it is £500k that's pocket money to clubs down there

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Robbie giving a little more insight into the new philosophy I mentioned we were look to be moving into, players who are ready and fit into 2 formations he’s going to use and 26 year old and younger 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-joe-savages-role-in-signings-detailed-as-robbie-neilsons-plans-to-recruit-for-two-formations-3234686%3famp

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Issue with this is you must be willing to pay the 500k if that’s what is decided. We won’t be 

Willing and able. 

davemclaren
Just now, GinRummy said:

Had  just read that and came back on here. He spoke quite well there, interesting article.

Yes. The trick is getting the execution right. 

Well, we have one poster saying we will pay fee, from personal account, while other quotes Neilson saying no fees will be paid. 

Who to believe? 

Believe Neilson. 

9 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We should be going for Lafferty without a doubt. Stupid not to tbh, he will do the business for us again. Imagine him up top with the more creative Boyce with GMS in behind 🤤

And Gino if he is fully fit and signs 

Gino   Boyce    GMS 

Lafferty 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***