***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

55 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Why not? I think we paid 200,000 Euros for McEneff.

I think we didn't pay that, I for one would be surprised if we pay more than 100k for anyone, which is why we no doubt lost out on Mackay and that's a development player.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Heard we’re in for a striker who only missed out on the Balon’dor because of COVID rules.

no not really, but feel free to use this as a prompt for whatever biased rhetoric you may have :) 

56 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Would you give RN money to spend?

Neilson aside for now, what makes you think we are in the bargain basement? 

Edited by MattyK82

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

£0 if he goes abroad I think. 

think we get something if within European leagues but zero if America or another lower graded leagues 

6 hours ago, jambonian said:

That's why you test the waters.

There could be interest in them from others. That's why we need to get in first. Someone said Goodwin would've been looking at around £300k for McGrath, that's £200k in the bank plus a player they want coming in. Saves them looking for a  potentially risky freebie as well and they can ask for the other £100k in any future transfer fee.

if saints are wanting popescu then we could always offer his wages for free but by taking it off the transfer fee for mcgrath. They won’t pay a fee for popescu as know we want shot of him

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Graeme Russell has given his full name. His credentials are solid.

Shame on you, Liam.

Sorry Prez 🙄

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Neilson aside for now, what makes you think we are in the bargain basement? 

Because of his recent signings re Popescu Roberts Stewart and Frear. 

14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Neilson was a long admirer of Frear so that says more about his abilities to spot a player than it does our budget and that’s extremely worrying. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Neilson was a long admirer of Frear so that says more about his abilities to spot a player than it does our budget and that’s extremely worrying. 

I think that's a bit unfair, I thought Frear looked great at Motherwell, I'm sure I wasn't the only one

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I think we didn't pay that, I for one would be surprised if we pay more than 100k for anyone, which is why we no doubt lost out on Mackay and that's a development player.

Some of your previous posts suggest you might be ITK ..... maybe... maybe not.   

Anyway, is this £100k ceiling an actual policy ?    Were we actually in for the ICT lad Mackay ?   If so, did it really come down to Hibs being willing & able  to pay more than Hearts ?

Fans are donating well over £100k every MONTH ..... so I don't understand why we would impose a limit like that on ourselves.   

Maybe we're saving up to splash big money on another target when the window opens ?  

36 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Fair comment.  On the flip side, we also have signed the likes Kingsley, Gordon, McEneff and GMS. They aren’t bargain basement. And that’s while in the championship. Knowing what division we will be in next season, particularly given it will be the top flight will help attract players. As will actually knowing when the season will start. Recruitment for as long as I can remember has been largely terrible. I hope we shop a bit more ‘up market’ this summer and the likes of Joe Savage earns his crust 🤞🏼 

Edited by MattyK82

Greedy Jambo

I find it really hard to talk about new signings when there's next to no chance of us signing any of them. 

Do you really think Rob the apprentice Neilson pays any attention to this?

He's just given Livi's 3rd choice keeper a new deal ffs.

23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Some of your previous posts suggest you might be ITK ..... maybe... maybe not.   

Anyway, is this £100k ceiling an actual policy ?    Were we actually in for the ICT lad Mackay ?   If so, did it really come down to Hibs being willing & able  to pay more than Hearts ?

Fans are donating well over £100k every MONTH ..... so I don't understand why we would impose a limit like that on ourselves.   

Maybe we're saving up to splash big money on another target when the window opens ?  

Never in for the boy mackay. We have had our eye on a player from ICT and its not him. The boy Mackay isn't the player he is built up to be. Doubt he will play at a higher level than hibs tbh.

johnthomas
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Looking at a 26 year old full back who’s never played above league 1? Which we probably won’t be, I should add.  

Exactly .

30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think that's a bit unfair, I thought Frear looked great at Motherwell, I'm sure I wasn't the only one

Genuinely don't remember him at Well, Ainsworth I remember and he always impressed me. 

From the looks of things Frear replaced Ainsworth and he knocked back an extension from Motherwell, so obviously was doing decent enough for them. 

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Never in for the boy mackay. We have had our eye on a player from ICT and its not him. The boy Mackay isn't the player he is built up to be. Doubt he will play at a higher level than hibs tbh.

Cheers Daza.  👍   Its not a popular thing to say on here...... but right now, Hibs level is higher than ours.     :whistling:  Tin hat on. :builder2:

7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Allardice or Macgregor?

Famous 1874
9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Any other info? You got anything else on our pursuit of Ginnelly + Irving’s contract

43 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Heard anything about Callum Paterson?

We need a marquee type signing to get us to buy in to next season for to long we have had to put put up with projects and general shite

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Heard anything about Callum Paterson?

Is there anything at all in the Calum Paterson thing other than wishful thinking? 

Uncle Buck
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Allardice or Macgregor?

I’d have thought Robbie Deas.

Finlay James

Heard today that we're keeping tabs on a young lad from Rochdale called Kwaadwo Baah.  Source has a decent record of being correct about these things.

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Finlay James said:

Heard today that we're keeping tabs on a young lad from Rochdale called Kwaadwo Baah.  Source has a decent record of being correct about these things.

If that's the level we're looking at, we'll be like lambs to the slaughter.

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Really?????

Why is that?Man City are after him ffs and he had agreed a pre contract but fell through.🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Really?????

Why is that?Man City are after him ffs and he had agreed a pre contract but fell through.🤣🤣🤣

Think it was a joke based on his surname.    👍

11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Surely, at 18 years old and with Gnando, Henderson and Boyce all staying, it would be one for the future. 

edit.  I just got the gag. Very good Liam 

😂

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Same level we signed Boyce, Kingsley and probably a few others from over the years. Players come from that level. Take dele Alli as an example from that league to premier

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Think it was a joke based on his surname.    👍

Silly me still half pished 🤣🤣

Would advise anybody to watch footage of this lad,unbelievable but raw as ****.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Silly me still half pished 🤣🤣

Would advise anybody to watch footage of this lad,unbelievable but raw as ****.

Ha!   We’ve all been there mate 🤪.   I’ll check out the footage.   

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Is there anything at all in the Calum Paterson thing other than wishful thinking? 

He strikes me as the sort of player that most English Championship teams would be after. Versatile and a great presence around the club. 

jamboinglasgow
56 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Had look and reports a week ago were that Watford were about to sign him.

We must go all out to sign Campbell from Motherwell that would be a big statement of our intent 

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I really don’t know, I’ve saw it on social media and folk are talking and relegation clauses, homesickness etc.

He’s exactly who I want in the team, a player that plays with heart and determination. But it would be good to know if it’s fanciful nonsense or actually has legs to it. 

Fingers crossed though, I’d be tempted to give him captaincy (or vice captaincy after Gordon)  

Zen Jambo
On 06/05/2021 at 23:55, dazajmbo said:

Keeping tabs on Bruce Anderson, Regan Henry, Alan Campbell.  

I think Alan Campbell is a bit far fetched. We’d never be able to match the money that will be offered to him in England. 

Love to be proven wrong, but that lad is hot property. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

I really don’t know, I’ve saw it on social media and folk are talking and relegation clauses, homesickness etc.

He’s exactly who I want in the team, a player that plays with heart and determination. But it would be good to know if it’s fanciful nonsense or actually has legs to it. 

Fingers crossed though, I’d be tempted to give him captaincy (or vice captaincy after Gordon)  

yeah 100% . If I could sign anyone it would be CP. 

Leveins Battalion

If we are genuinely after guys like 

Roberto Nditi

Kwaado Baah

Carlos Mendew Gomes

Ricardo Santos 

I would be delighted as would signal a shift for me in signing past their best has beens on huge wages and getting the age of our squad down.

Where would we play CP ?

He’s become a bit of a Jack of all trades....master of none type player imo. He looked like he was playing just behind the strikers for SW yesterday.....I don’t think that’s his best position. 

His attitude and enthusiasm would be a welcome addition to our squad....no doubt about it. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Where would we play CP ?

He’s become a bit of a Jack of all trades....master of none type player imo. He looked like he was playing just behind the strikers for SW yesterday.....I don’t think that’s his best position. 

His attitude and enthusiasm would be a welcome addition to our squad....no doubt about it. 

on the right. 

Michael Smith is done in that position although our manager doesn’t seem to be able to see it. 

ScottieMac17
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Where would we play CP ?

I know when he went down south, it was said he certainly isn't a right back.... I think it was Neil Warnock who came out and said that. 

If he did come back up, I'd like to see him play the rwb role like Logan did in the last few games, maybe cut inside like what he used to do for us. 

3 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I know when he went down south, it was said he certainly isn't a right back.... I think it was Neil Warnock who came out and said that. 

If he did come back up, I'd like to see him play the rwb role like Logan did in the last few games, maybe cut inside like what he used to do for us. 

Everytime he tried to beat a man yesterday he came off second best, goal aside I thought he had a very poor game 

Zen Jambo
14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If we are genuinely after guys like 

Roberto Nditi

Kwaado Baah

Carlos Mendew Gomes

Ricardo Santos 

I would be delighted as would signal a shift for me in signing past their best has beens on huge wages and getting the age of our squad down.

Has Santos been mentioned by anyone else? 

I said he was an L2 player I’d like to see at Hearts but unaware if anyone else has mentioned him. 

ScottieMac17
1 minute ago, lou said:

Everytime he tried to beat a man yesterday he came off second best, goal aside I thought he had a very poor game 

I did notice that. That's why I don't think that playing central suits him. I know it was years ago when he played right back for us, but in the spl he didn't have a problem bombing up the line and chipping in with goals. 

I think after his experience in the championship and in the premier league he would stroll the spl... I doubt he would come back to us unless he is very homesick.

Leveins Battalion
12 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Has Santos been mentioned by anyone else? 

I said he was an L2 player I’d like to see at Hearts but unaware if anyone else has mentioned him. 

Sure I seen it elsewhere,it’s a market I expect us to be in.

the guy is a unit.

Young hungry players is the way forward,the last 5 years has proven signing big names has got us nowhere.

Zen Jambo
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sure I seen it elsewhere,it’s a market I expect us to be in.

the guy is a unit.

Young hungry players is the way forward,the last 5 years has proven signing big names has got us nowhere.

Well let’s hope my random prediction has been backed up by somebody who knows what they’re talking about. 

He’s a great player and I for one believe he could step up and thrive in SPL. 

merseyjambo
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

While I’d love it to be true because the reports about him down here are impressive, unfortunately I doubt we will have the money/allure to compete with some of the teams looking at him.

33 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If he's crap he will get the chop.

You need to put those Xmas cracker jokes down 

3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

You need to put those Xmas cracker jokes down 

No pulling the wool over your eyes. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***