***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair to Hibs (I feel dirty saying that) a lot clubs seem to thank the selling club for being good to deal these days.

wonder if we were in for him. Sounds like they offered a Decent sell on fee as well as

initial fee

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair to Hibs (I feel dirty saying that) a lot clubs seem to thank the selling club for being good to deal these days.

You need your mouth washed mate 😂

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

wonder if we were in for him. Sounds like they offered a Decent sell on fee as well as

initial fee

We were looking (does not mean we were trying to actively sign him at this point)......like it or not Hibs have changed their signing structure since Ross arrived and for the better and he is a player worth looking at

Just now, CJGJ said:

We were looking (does not mean we were trying to actively sign him at this point)......like it or not Hibs have changed their signing structure since Ross arrived and for the better and he is a player worth looking at

Sounds bit like Nisbet from last summer. The fact they signed him before their season had finished suggest they were worried about losing out 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

initial fee

Imagine we would have looked at him but how serious we were for him I do wonder. Seems to be Hibs doing what they did with McGinn, giving a large sell on fee to balance out not paying as much as they could. Think McGinn is as much as 33% sell on fee.

David Black
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

initial fee

Signed this guy because Boyle may well be away.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, One five said:

You need your mouth washed mate 😂

I have said 20 Wayne Fosters in penance. 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Falkirk :rofl:

they have missed out on play offs! Gary holt Will have to sack himself

bobby bombscare
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

but still has another year at stoke

Don't know if we're in for him but he said publicly he wants to go back to PNE. I'd guess he's want to stay in England as long as possible and make the money while he is young enough to.

Would be good if we did get him though as he is currently very comfortable in the centre of a back 3 and obviously is good in a back 2.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Do you rate him?  I don’t follow too much football other than hearts. 

I think he's decent, hadn't played a lot before he went to Preston but I think he's one of the main reasons why they've managed 4 clean sheets in their last 4 games. Preston might be looking to sign him permanently as well. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Barack said:

Same folk who don't appear on match threads where we win.

A strange coincidence, some might say.

Even stranger, none of these people are ever anywhere to be seen on the most fun threads on kickback - the frequent slagging off Hibs ones. 

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think a 30 year old player with a choice of suitors and no ties to the club would be daft to come to Hearts right now honestly, outside chance of prem football and a decent wage down south or some European football with Aberdeen is a much more appealing prospect than gambling your best years on us unfortunately 

lost in space

Does anyone have a good feeling about this transfer window?

Hibs signing Mackay/ Aberdeen probably signing Gallagher.  We sign a goalie who we know is not very good.

We arnt going to do as well as Hobos/Dons/Well or maybe even St Johnstone are we?

St Middens manager, Goodwin, has probably got good contacts and he has an "eye" for a player.

We will probably sign more players from England lower leagues or Ireland - since Savage should know who is worth signing - but Savage hasnt actually produced anything so far.   HUGE transfer window for Savage.

We must surely have identified some talent in Scottish Championship or be looking at the lower leagues here????? Maybe not!!

I am depressed now - can someone give me any indication that we have a clue on what we are doing????????????

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Hibs signing Mackay/ Aberdeen probably signing Gallagher.  We sign a goalie who we know is not very good.

We arnt going to do as well as Hobos/Dons/Well or maybe even St Johnstone are we?

St Middens manager, Goodwin, has probably got good contacts and he has an "eye" for a player.

We will probably sign more players from England lower leagues or Ireland - since Savage should know who is worth signing - but Savage hasnt actually produced anything so far.   HUGE transfer window for Savage.

We must surely have identified some talent in Scottish Championship or be looking at the lower leagues here????? Maybe not!!

I am depressed now - can someone give me any indication that we have a clue on what we are doing????????????

Haha 

We are all in the same boat,5 years of signing utter dross has got us here.

Nobody knows what we have planned yet,i suspect yet another let down and rebuild in January.:sob:

gregzy2k7
13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Been mentioned for a couple of transfer windows.  Not sure what sort of wage he’d be after. 

It's got to be him or Dunne for me as no1 target to partner Souttar, I feel like Lindsay would be easier to get for some reason, goodness knows why. 

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, lost in space said:

The window does not close until the 31st of August so we have just under 4 months to do our business. Plenty of time.

One thing you have to remember about Aberdeen is that they will require a large rebuild. They currently have only 11 first team players contracted beyond the summer (including 1 centre back) so they will be needing to make a lot of signings like us (maybe even more.)

We have just signed 1 back up goalkeeper, our main targets are not yet known and I doubt Savage is just sitting around twiddling his thumbs. 

The time to panic is not now, if its getting to August and have signed no one of note and looking way behind the others then we can panic.

the sub goalie

This is a massive window for us, I'm hoping with now having Savage onboard that we have a strategy and profile of player we are looking for.

When we signed Whelan & Damour, both had played at a higher level than our league so I was excited and thought good quality signings.  However, they were clearly here for the pay and had not great interest in developing themselves or their teammates around them.

I want our recruitment to focus on players that are younger with the drive to improve themselves as players, essentially using Hearts as a platform.

With the pandemic our takings are down so this will most likely effect our budget, with that being said we are in a better position than most others in the league having FOH and benefactors.  We need to stop the scattergun approach and try to entice some proven players at our level with a sell on value.  Guys like Campbell, McGrath, McCann & Kerr should absolutely be on our radar and would improve our team.

We must have one of the worst value for money squads going, sign a player, play them for a few games, decide they're not good enough then they pick up their wages sitting in the stand.  This has happened to often to be bad luck, it is complete mismanagement and needs addressed.  Fingers crossed that Savage is the man to do this.

13 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Some of the posters are on from dusk to dawn slagging off the club, but when we win, they are nowhere to be seen. I mean I hate Hibs as much as anyone but their negativity is depressing. 

I see what you did there 😊

complete control
13 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Mackay signed for Hibs now. Feel like they are having a dig in their statement

I’d also like to thank Scot Gardiner of Inverness and Allan Preston of IMC Stellar who have both been excellent to deal with in negotiations.”

Might be wrong but I can't see the guy getting much game time at Easter rd.  He's young and fast but looked average the games I seen. Scored a good breakaway goal but overall play was poor. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, complete control said:

Might be wrong but I can't see the guy getting much game time at Easter rd.  He's young and fast but looked average the games I seen. Scored a good breakaway goal but overall play was poor. 

I honestly can't remember him,the Inverness fans seem to think he has been poor until the last 2 months where he hit a purple patch.:sadrobbo:

37 minutes ago, lost in space said:

According to forthone we were in for  Mackay's as well.

I think we may struggle to compete with Hibs and Aberdeen when we're all after the same player as they have more to offer.

Edited by feej

Saint Jambo
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The window does not close until the 31st of August so we have just under 4 months to do our business. Plenty of time.

One thing you have to remember about Aberdeen is that they will require a large rebuild. They currently have only 11 first team players contracted beyond the summer (including 1 centre back) so they will be needing to make a lot of signings like us (maybe even more.)

We have just signed 1 back up goalkeeper, our main targets are not yet known and I doubt Savage is just sitting around twiddling his thumbs. 

The time to panic is not now, if its getting to August and have signed no one of note and looking way behind the others then we can panic.

Our season finished in April. It starts in mid-July. Managers are forever talking about the importance of pre-season training. We should be looking to use this time to get the majority of players in by mid to late June. If we haven't signed anyone of note by the beginning of August then things really aren't going well.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
9 minutes ago, bistokid said:

If we are stuck with RN for next season I'd have expected Ginelly to be announced imminently. 

You'd think if they had Ginelly signed up they would have announced him before Stewart. Then again, the Hearts PR team never seem to get anything right, bless them.

The Old Tolbooth

Declan Gallagher reportedly close to signing for Aberdeen, surely we can offer more wages than that mob, they're skint! 

5 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

You'd think if they had Ginelly signed up they would have announced him before Stewart. Then again, the Hearts PR team never seem to get anything right, bless them.

They will announce his signing when the season tickets go on sale I imagine.

The Old Tolbooth
9 minutes ago, feej said:

According to forthone we were in for  Mackay's as well.

I think we may struggle to compete with Hibs and Aberdeen when we're all after the same player as they have more to offer.

I don't get why either of them would have more money to offer tbh.

Hibs tried to make a lot of staff redundant last year, closed their conveyor belt of pish, and generally pay lower wages than we do, and Aberdeen are just on their knees due to Covid and having a new stadium to fund, now should be the time when anyone who know what they're doing at Hearts should be swooping in the beat them to the kill. 

That said, when Ginelly comes back, and with GMS in the side, Mackay would only be a sub for us and he may not want that so we probably didn't pursue this one too much. 

Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

I don't get why either of them would have more money to offer tbh.

Hibs tried to make a lot of staff redundant last year, closed their conveyor belt of pish, and generally pay lower wages than we do, and Aberdeen are just on their knees due to Covid and having a new stadium to fund, now should be the time when anyone who know what they're doing at Hearts should be swooping in the beat them to the kill. 

That said, when Ginelly comes back, and with GMS in the side, Mackay would only be a sub for us and he may not want that so we probably didn't pursue this one too much. 

I wasn't really money, I think it's the fact that they will have European football to offer.

I’m not going to tie myself in knots spending all summer comparing our every move to Hibs and using it as a hammer to beat Hearts with. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, feej said:

I wasn't really money, I think it's the fact that they will have European football to offer.

It could be that right enough, but a couple of trips to Lithuania and the Faroes doesn't excite me as much as Europe used to before it became a money grabbing seeded machine, modern football is crap these days eh? 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m not going to tie myself in knots spending all summer comparing our every move to Hibs and using it as a hammer to beat Hearts with. 

Same, plus it has been so many times that signings that look good on paper dont work out in practice. You never really know until months into the season who has had the best transfer window.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Cheer up mate. There’s at least 12 weeks to go before the window closes which is good news. The bad news though is that this thread might not get more bitchy and the same people at the club will be involved in any deals.

hmfc_liam06
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well said.

I don't even know who this guy is that Hibs signed, let alone get concerned by it.

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Well said.

I don't even know who this guy is that Hibs signed, let alone get concerned by it.

Exactly and we have played them a few times this season:muggy:

Madness.

17 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It could be that right enough, but a couple of trips to Lithuania and the Faroes doesn't excite me as much as Europe used to before it became a money grabbing seeded machine, modern football is crap these days eh? 

If they win the cup or finish 3rd,they are guarenteed group stage football 

Des Lynam
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Well said.

The only person that ever mentioned him on here was @CJGJ. Now everyone is an expert saying we should have signed this guy. 

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Haha 

We are all in the same boat,5 years of signing utter dross has got us here.

Nobody knows what we have planned yet,i suspect yet another let down and rebuild in January.:sob:

We do love a rebuild in January... 😳

15 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Agreed, not a glamorous as before. It'll be a case of wait and see I suppose. Coach Neilson alluded to wanting to get signings done quickly in his interview after the Raith game so you would think they have guys lined up.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

The only person that ever mentioned him on here was @CJGJ. Now everyone is an expert saying we should have signed this guy. 

I merely mentioned the media report, I can't remember the guy either, never a standout when playing them. I like the lad MacGregor though.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Who've Hibs signed? 🤔 

A young boy from Inverness (Not the wee boy who looked class against us):lenny:

1 minute ago, HillmanHearts said:

Would have taken both Gallagher and Mackay. 

Don't know much about Gallagher, other than he played in a side that I remember playing with ten defenders every time we played them. If Neilson had signed yet another winger (MacKay) I'd have lost my shit.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

A young boy from Inverness (Not the wee boy who looked class against us):lenny:

Cheers. Nothing to write home about. 

Maybe worth considering the financial hardship caused by our demotion. Hibs can afford transfer fees where as it might be a bit more difficult for us this window until season tickets are sold etc. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***