***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

His two sidekicks at the back at Livy made him look good. We clearly signed the wrong one. Gallagher would been a great signing. In fact I’d go as far to say if we had signed him rather than Halkett we wouldn’t have been bottom last season. 

Wonder how Halkett would do if we continue with 3 at the back?

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

12 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I thought him and Brandon signed two year deals last summer

spot on!

Edited by Newton51

17 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Danny McNamara

Danny McKay

Regan Hendry 

Allan Campbell

that’s for starters....a new 1st choice CB and Striker too.

Can't say I noticed that he did anything much last night!

31 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Halkett isn’t Hearts quality imo - however no point getting rid if not bringing someone better. If panic and bring another Popescu not worth it 

If Souttar stays fit + Smith, Halks, Hamilton and Haring/Kingsley in emergency. Then just need one more

Gallagher would be great imo 

I was reading the other day about Gallagher in talks with Aberdeen about signing for them. There was also talk of his heading to the US as well.

He is a decent enough player but I would rather we signed someone much younger with potential.

15 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Brandon is contracted until May 31 next year.

Contract expires:May 31, 2022

Date of last contract extension:Jun 19, 2020

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Is Walker injured or on his way out? 

Possibly both.

He is injured as were Kingsley, White and Gnanduilllet.

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I was reading the other day about Gallagher in talks with Aberdeen about signing for them. There was also talk of his heading to the US as well.

He is a decent enough player but I would rather we signed someone much younger with potential.

IMO we do badly need to get younger players in, but I think RB/LB, CM and wingers are where we could go younger. I'd quite like Souttar to have an experienced head alongside him, although we could go younger there too since Gordon will no doubt talk his defence through the game anyway. 

The perfect signing would be a left sided CB, someone like Jimmy Dunne, but in the absence of that, someone like Gallagher would be good enough and stick Souttar on the left. 

Rick Sanchez
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Possibly both.

He is injured as were Kingsley, White and Gnanduilllet.

Cheers 👍

Famous 1874

People defending Craig Halkett 😂 guy is absolutely shocking, mistake after mistake after mistake. 

FWIW I completely supported the signing, Scottish, knew the league and was at a good age - made sense on all fronts. Unfortunately it’s been a disaster.

Get Gino and Logan sorted for next season, add a first eleven standard centre back, centre mid and attacking midfielder and we are looking good 😂

9 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

To sum up the window we are about to have again we will be signing a player in every position 

As in GK, Defender, Midfielder and Striker?

Or more specifically 

GK, RB, LB, CB, CM, RM,LM,AM,CF?

Interesting to see what the squad will look like come the first game of next season. Actually knowing what division we will be in will help, as will the fact said division is the top flight.

Section Q
57 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Halkett isn’t Hearts quality imo - however no point getting rid if not bringing someone better. If panic and bring another Popescu not worth it 

If Souttar stays fit + Smith, Halks, Hamilton and Haring/Kingsley in emergency. Then just need one more

Gallagher would be great imo 

Dont we have a young centre half ready to step up.......?

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

People defending Craig Halkett 😂 guy is absolutely shocking, mistake after mistake after mistake. 

FWIW I completely supported the signing, Scottish, knew the league and was at a good age - made sense on all fronts. Unfortunately it’s been a disaster.

Get Gino and Logan sorted for next season, add a first eleven standard centre back, centre mid and attacking midfielder and we are looking good 😂

Yeah, me too. Obviously we've not really had much of a transfer strategy, but if we did I'd like more of a focus placed on the Scottish market. We should be combing through the championship trying to find the next Webster, Stevenson etc. Like anything, we're going to have failure. Odd thing is, Halkett I don't think has been atrocious, but he's been present throughout a steep decline. Likewise Mikey Smith. 

Anyway, I don't think Halkett or even Wighton not hitting the heights we thought they would should discourage further domestic based signings.

Famous 1874
Just now, OTT said:

Yeah, me too. Obviously we've not really had much of a transfer strategy, but if we did I'd like more of a focus placed on the Scottish market. We should be combing through the championship trying to find the next Webster, Stevenson etc. Like anything, we're going to have failure. Odd thing is, Halkett I don't think has been atrocious, but he's been present throughout a steep decline. Likewise Mikey Smith. 

Anyway, I don't think Halkett or even Wighton not hitting the heights we thought they would should discourage further domestic based signings.

Agreed. I’d be looking at Jason Kerr, Ali McCann, Alan Campbell for a start. 

We really need two strikers imo.

Henderson needs another year at championship level to get more game time.....playing a bit part in the Premiership won’t do him any good imo.

Get in two more CH’s and a CDM to compete with Haring.

I’ve said 10 incoming players and I’m convinced it won’t be far off that.

kingantti1874

Halkett is poor. We need a better player to partner Souttar it’s that simple. He can occupy the bench. 

hopefully popescu is away. He’s absolutely honking

soonbe110
54 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

So did I but transfermarkt says this summer and it’s usually a pretty reliable site. 

May one-six

I think people are being over harsh on Halkett. He's no world beater, but he's more than able to be a useful squad player for us. Put it this way, I'm not convinced that Gallagher would be a huge improvement. Motherwell's defence (with both Gallagher and O'Donnell in it) has hardly been rock solid this season. Mind you, I don't know who I'd have partnering Souttar at the back. It's a pity Jimmy Dunne is beyond our reach.

jambonian
34 minutes ago, OTT said:

IMO we do badly need to get younger players in, but I think RB/LB, CM and wingers are where we could go younger. I'd quite like Souttar to have an experienced head alongside him, although we could go younger there too since Gordon will no doubt talk his defence through the game anyway. 

The perfect signing would be a left sided CB, someone like Jimmy Dunne, but in the absence of that, someone like Gallagher would be good enough and stick Souttar on the left. 

Yes, Dunne is the perfect replacement for Berra. Left-sided, good in the air, decent with the ball at his feet, threat at set-pieces, has a bit of grit and determination in him and doesn't take any shit from other players in battles. Also said he'd love to play for Hearts again some day so now is possibly the best time to have him. He'll be a FREE transfer and may well be unaffordable in a few years time. He's 23, can move here for two or three years then get a big money move back down south down the line when he's 25/26 or so. Some folk say we wouldn't be able to afford him, maybe, but if you don't ask you don't get. Not all players are greedy and out for what they can get, some actually like the challenge of proving themselves. He might well be very interested, on the other hand he might not be. Only way to find out is to ask. However, i doubt the club will show any interest because he isn't a League 1/2 player.

jambonian
35 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Dont we have a young centre half ready to step up.......?

Hamilton was a centre-half but Hearts are coaching him into yet another defensive midfielder apparently.

39 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

As in GK, Defender, Midfielder and Striker?

Or more specifically 

GK, RB, LB, CB, CM, RM,LM,AM,CF?

Interesting to see what the squad will look like come the first game of next season. Actually knowing what division we will be in will help, as will the fact said division is the top flight.

Gk, Rb and so on. Ginnelly and logan likely to be 2 of they spots though

Uncle Buck

Halkett has had a decent season. He isn’t first team quality but he would be a more than capable squad player for next season.

I really hope we are after Gallagher but I know Celtic, Aberdeen, Blackburn, QPR etc have all been mentioned as interested in him.

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Gk, Rb and so on. Ginnelly and logan likely to be 2 of they spots though

😎 - We really need quality as opposed to quantity. And need to get the balance of youth and experience correct. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us linked with players as early as Monday, particularly given RN comments after match last night. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

To sum up the window we are about to have again we will be signing a player in every position 

Thats a busy window, I do think there will be quite a few out going. But will be interesting to see, if we do it right then we wont need a massive change of players for a long time and have stability.

Also like to see us look to make signings in young players who may not be first team players now but can be built up to that.

Agentjambo
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Can't say I noticed that he did anything much last night!

He never got the chance to.

Agentjambo
31 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

For CM the St Mirren boy McGrath would be on my list. Would cost a fee tho.

To similar to McEneff.

50 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats a busy window, I do think there will be quite a few out going. But will be interesting to see, if we do it right then we wont need a massive change of players for a long time and have stability.

Also like to see us look to make signings in young players who may not be first team players now but can be built up to that.

About to lose players in every position so will all be replaced, 2 wingers needed even with ginnelly. GMS most likely now will stay in the 10 

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

About to lose players in every position so will all be replaced, 2 wingers needed even with ginnelly. GMS most likely now will stay in the 10 

Any news on possible targets?names?

33 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

To similar to McEneff.

Not writing off McEneff but McGrath is way ahead of him. Has 8 premier goals this season and humped Sevco out the betfred.  McEneff couldn't deal with Brora. 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Any news on possible targets?names?

Mentioned before been in constant contact with allan Campbell (interest from hibs and aberdeen too), polworth was of interest not so sure now due to the season he had. Irving final decision within the next week he goes we will see 2 coming in 

Agentjambo
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Mentioned before been in constant contact with allan Campbell (interest from hibs and aberdeen too), polworth was of interest not so sure now due to the season he had. Irving final decision within the next week he goes we will see 2 coming in 

Guessing Robbie is staying then?

Section Q
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Halkett has had a decent season. He isn’t first team quality but he would be a more than capable squad player for next season.

I really hope we are after Gallagher but I know Celtic, Aberdeen, Blackburn, QPR etc have all been mentioned as interested in him.

Young Jason Kerr at St Johnstone would be a great signing....

29 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not writing off McEneff but McGrath is way ahead of him. Has 8 premier goals this season and humped Sevco out the betfred.  McEneff couldn't deal with Brora. 

6 of them penalties.

32 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

In fairness to McEneff, the whole team couldn’t deal with Brora. Since he’s actually been playing in his correct position in recent games, it’s much easier to see why we signed him. I don’t know enough about this McGrath to say he is ‘way ahead’ of him 🤷‍♂️ Appears most of his goals were pens though.

Think McEneff will do well next season (again - if played in his favoured position). The reemergence of Soapy and Haring recently has allowed him to get forward more. Them staying fit is key.

Gallagher is 30 so will be after that last lucrative contract before retirement as he hasn’t been at any big wage clubs before. If it was to come down to different clubs being interested he’ll go wherever the cash is. 

Holyrood_Hearts
47 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Most of his 8 goals are pens. The rest of your post is absolute nonsense 

Edited by Holyrood_Hearts
Mistake

Holyrood_Hearts

Most of his 8 goals are pens. The rest of your post is nonsense, McEneff alone wasn’t responsible for Brora

Famous 1874

Get Ginnelly and Shay Logan sorted pronto then move on to Allan Campbell. After that a centre back, a creative midfielder and a striker. Jason Kerr at centre back would fit the mould. 

Gordon 

Smith Kerr Souttar 

Logan Haring Campbell Kingsley/Halliday 

Ginnelly Boyce GMS 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I know what you mean but I would also like to see us sign guys who are at the peak of their game.

We need to hit the ground running with no room for waiting for potential to be realised, unless they hide their time on the bench. 

32 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I know what you mean but I would also like to see us sign guys who are at the peak of their game.

We need to hit the ground running with no room for waiting for potential to be realised, unless they hide their time on the bench. 

I was thinking along the lines of someone else like John Souttar who is 24 rather than a guy who is 30+.

We apparaently have the oldest team in the Championship. Not surprisng with players like Gordon, Naismith, Smith etc all well over 30.

Closely followed by GMS, Boyce both 30 and Halliday who soon will be 30.

Nothing wrong with having experience although we should be building a much younger team around our good experienced players.

Edited by wavydavy

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Guessing Robbie is staying then?

Signings are mainly through savage to fit the new philosophy agreed on but almost certain he will be staying yes 

Famous 1874
39 minutes ago, Barack said:

Have to say, Kerr should be a target, regardless if St. Johnstone will be due money.

That being said; if he's got the opportunity of playing European football next season, then I don't blame him if he stayed at them for another season.

Most likely Europa league group stages, well hopefully! 

Agentjambo
45 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Get Ginnelly and Shay Logan sorted pronto then move on to Allan Campbell. After that a centre back, a creative midfielder and a striker. Jason Kerr at centre back would fit the mould. 

Gordon 

Smith Kerr Souttar 

Logan Haring Campbell Kingsley/Halliday 

Ginnelly Boyce GMS 

No McEneff.

Ginnelly up front?

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's obviously staying so, why ask? 

What’s obvious about it?A lot can happen between now and the start of next season...lots of discussions to be had.

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Signings are mainly through savage to fit the new philosophy agreed on but almost certain he will be staying yes 

To be honest, if we are recruiting to a set philosophy then it means that its easier to change manager if needed. Any idea what that philosophy is?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***