***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

kingantti1874

Ginelly is a must. Potentially The best out and out winger we’ve had since Neil Mccann.

worth the gamble 100%

Edited by kingantti1874

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ginelly? No thanks.

He's undoubtedly a good player but he's never off the treatment table. We'll spend all season toiling in games and the post match pish from Bob will be about our terrible injuries. 

Let's spend the finite resource on people who will be available more than 50% of the time.

Let's not give Bob the money in the first place, rather give it to a manager who know what they are doing?

He's hardly been injured in his career 

How do you guarantee a player will be available 50% of the tone in the future? 

If Bob stays he gets the money. 

I fear You're in for a traumatic summer. 

OmiyaHearts

Whoever we sign, you can rest assured they'll underperform 90% of games, like every other signing he's made.

Hard to get inspired about potential new signings. Especially having a shite manager, who can't get the best out a player or even identify a half decent player.

They won't all be Pele. 

We're not Man City.

What next? It's the taking part that counts?     Probably.

millerjames398
4 hours ago, Chaps said:

Never read the full article, but at glance, the pele comments quite provocative, bearing in mind he's not exactly everybody cup of tea (understatement) at the monent...

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Logan and Ginnelly both want to stay and we want to keep them, so I reckon deals will be done there. Irving has apparently told someone on here that he'll be signing soon, Naismith is going nowhere unless he retires (which is unlikely based on his recent interviews), Popescu, Walker and Roberts are still under contract for another year and will probably stick around as backup players... 

We've also got the young lads Cammy Logan (R/LB), Scott McGill (MF), Connor Smith (MF/FW) and Chris Hamilton (MF) to help make up the numbers, and a couple of others who might break through next season. 

We're not looking great, but not as bad as you're saying. 

Naismith has hinted at retirement.....or certainly a lesser role.

Logan, Irving and Ginnely might sign.....so they would obviously be back on the staying list but as the latter two have had ample opportunity to sign I won’t be holding my breathe on them remaining.

Popescu, Walker and Roberts cannot get a regular game in the championship.....they need to be shipped out.

I suspect Logan, McGilll and any other promising youth to be loaned out.

This squad need quality and depth....not have Haring with the untried McGill as his only back-up. We are failing to prepare once again if we don’t have a first IX capable of competing at the right end of the table and an adequate number of replacements.

We would be leaving ourselves with no room for injuries, suspensions and players needing a rest for whatever reason.

We currently have only two real forwards....and the jury is still out on one of those. 

Jambo in Bathgate
46 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Really don't know where this idea that he's injury prone is coming from. The achilles injury is the first of his career that's seen him miss any more than two games in a row, and was a recurrence of a prior problem that never got properly seen to. He tweaked his achilles in Oct last year, probably should have had surgery on it but rushed back or was rushed back, then it went again and he had no option but to have surgery on it. Nothing different to what Souttar has gone through, and in fact is less of a concern for me since its only happened to him once whereas Souttar has had the same surgery twice. 

Absolutely mental that we'd turn our nose up at someone who is clearly a very talented player and will offer a lot to the team once he's back fit. 

Also I hate to break it to you, but he really wants to stay and we really want to keep him, so its probably going to happen. 

It is obvious that Ginnelly is going to sign, he didn’t go back to Preston when he got injured he stayed here for his recovery. He has been great in all the games he played and has been missed. 

Jambo in Bathgate
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Naismith has hinted at retirement.....or certainly a lesser role.

Logan, Irving and Ginnely might sign.....so they would obviously be back on the staying list but as the latter two have had ample opportunity to sign I won’t be holding my breathe on them remaining.

Popescu, Walker and Roberts cannot get a regular game in the championship.....they need to be shipped out.

I suspect Logan, McGilll and any other promising youth to be loaned out.

This squad need quality and depth....not have Haring with the untried McGill as his only back-up. We are failing to prepare once again if we don’t have a first IX capable of competing at the right end of the table and an adequate number of replacements.

We would be leaving ourselves with no room for injuries, suspensions and players needing a rest for whatever reason.

We currently have only two real forwards....and the jury is still out on one of those. 

Walker has been playing with a knee injury hence the reason he was used as a sub. His contribution with 8 goals has made a difference in a number of games. 

1 minute ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Walker has been playing with a knee injury hence the reason he was used as a sub. His contribution with 8 goals has made a difference in a number of games. 

Walker has been playing with a knee issue for a number of years it seems.

If we are serious about getting back into a Top 4 spot then we need better players and fitter players.

Skivingatwork
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Ann is the first owner we’ve had in a while where they haven’t been utterly woeful on the business side, sadly I think she’s too caught up in the strategic long term thinking that she’s not holding the manager accountable for short term results (which is his bloody job). So we’re a complete train wreck on the football side. An academy which doesn’t produce players good enough for the club plus a first team that doesn’t have any hunger to succeed. It’s an absolute travesty and a colossal waste of the money the fans, benefactors and even Ann herself has put in. 

I’m trying to justify her inaction on Levein and now Neilson and that’s what makes sense to me. Problem is that she’s created a culture of failure through her lack of accountability in the football department. We’re in a spiral of ever declining standards and we need someone of real quality managing the rebuild of the football team. IMO that man is Alex Neil and Budge should be moving heaven and earth to get him signed up. 

completely agree. When looking at the situation dispassionately I can only conclude the following.

Ann is a very successful businesswoman and has turned around the off field fortunes of the club. No one can argue against that.

However, her approach to on field matters has been very poor. My view is that the football side is outwith her comfort zone and so has been delegated to others I.e. Levein as DoF from the start of her reign.

The problem with this approach, however, is that you open yourself up to being hoodwinked by all manner of excuses for non performance. In a previous role I worked as a Finance Director and was asked to look after the Supply Chain function. I didn’t know the first thing about supply chain other than it was failing and under performing at this particular company. After speaking to the managers and employees I heard all kinds of reasons why; lack of personnel, systems issues etc. However, the more I dug into this the more I saw that the problem was poor attitude and a lazy culture within the department.  Needless to say changes were made and it turned around.

The point I’m trying to make here is that sometimes you need to step up and show leadership, even when it’s not in an area of your skill set and expertise.

The quality of football on display this season and attitude of the players has been woeful. Standards at Heart of Midlothian should be far higher than has been shown.

If Ann doesn’t step up and lead by example then she’s complicit in the results as much as RN et al.

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Imagine Burley when he came in saying aye we hope for top 6 and some players we sign will be pish 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Get this clown out now.😡

Certainly don't want to defend RN but he definitely did/does not have the quality of player such as Fyssas, Jankauskas or Rudi at his disposal that Burley had!

You're trying to compare apples with pears

Rocky jamboa
4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Almost all the names mentioned minus a few are just made up by posters on here 

The Nditi and Waghorn rumours were in the press and says we've been watching Nditi. 

They both sound like the crap signings we usually go for so not hard to believe. 

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Certainly don't want to defend RN but he definitely did/does not have the quality of player such as Fyssas, Jankauskas or Rudi at his disposal that Burley had!

You're trying to compare apples with pears

That’s not what he’s comparing. It’s attitude and outlook the poster is drawing on.  

Ccjambo1874

Was there not talk of us already having agreed a pre contract with a Motherwell CM. Or that one of their CM had already agreed a pre elsewhere but didn't want to announce until the EoS. 

Can't imagine it is Campbell if he is being touted elsewhere and I'm still not a fan of the boy Polwarth if it's supposedly him. A decent player no doubt but unsure if he has the level of ability required to be challenging top 4 - which should be our goal at minimum year in year out.

37 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The Nditi and Waghorn rumours were in the press and says we've been watching Nditi. 

They both sound like the crap signings we usually go for so not hard to believe. 

Doubt we could afford either and doubt we are even interested.

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/steven-naismith-5050-hearts-retirement-20484345

Think Robbie explains what he meant from the Evening news article better in this one. Also says its 50/50 whether Naismith retires.

Hopefully he retires, it would free up a huge wage.  I wonder if they would try and sign someone like Rhodes if he was interested.

15 minutes ago, andrew said:

Hopefully he retires, it would free up a huge wage.  I wonder if they would try and sign someone like Rhodes if he was interested.

I’m not sure but I thought the long term deal was for playing and coaching so unless he decided to go elsewhere we’d still be paying him the same wage.

15 minutes ago, andrew said:

Sad to say I agree. His wage may well be equivalent to 2 players and considering the scale of the rebuilding job required its money we could really do with tbh. 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

That’s not what he’s comparing. It’s attitude and outlook the poster is drawing on.  

Not realism?

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, andrew said:

Been great having him at the club but if he's no longer capable of a playing role, its time to hang up his boots. Will free up a massive wage and probably let us sign 2 players for what we're paying him. Obviously he's moving into a coaching role but he's not going to be getting the same money doing that as he was as a player - surely? Thank Christ he was already a multi millionaire and wasn't here for the money, and is honest enough not to just sit and run down his last 2 years.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

If can can continue that form into next season then it's a fantastic option fromthe bench. 

When he's came on as a sub, he's made a big difference, seemed to suit him and club. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Waghorn is a good player, take him in a heart beat. 

Scores, played at a good level and puts himself about. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/steven-naismith-5050-hearts-retirement-20484345

Think Robbie explains what he meant from the Evening news article better in this one. Also says its 50/50 whether Naismith retires.

In the article Neilson says recruitment this season has been decent. 

Pospecu, Roberts, Kastaneer and Frear would suggest otherwise as all four have been woeful. 

Also, Halliday has had about three decent games and for me the jury is still out on Gnando. 

The thought of him in charge of another transfer window fill me with trepidation to say the least. 

It looks like he is going nowhere though the way he is speaking about the inns and outs for next season. 

If he is still here there is a very strong chance by the end of October we will be scrambling about looking for a new manager imo. 

52 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Pospecu, Roberts, Kastaneer and Frear would suggest otherwise as all four have been woeful. 

Also, Halliday has had about three decent games and for me the jury is still out on Gnando. 

The thought of him in charge of another transfer window fill me with trepidation to say the least. T

The more Neilson speaks, the more of a ***** he sounds.

Telford_jambo123

popescu, frear and halliday can be emptied as well as the loans returning to

the parents clubs with the exception of ginelly. roberts will probably be given a second chance if robbie in charge next season.  

Telford_jambo123
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

When does the transfer window open this year?

beginning of june i do believe  

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Not realism?

Realistic about what?  Football is about rousing people up ffs.  A little bit  of upbeat rhetoric and get everyone going. 

It’s Hearts not Raith Rovers.

Don’t you want to hear your manager giving hope and being positive?

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's hardly been injured in his career 

How do you guarantee a player will be available 50% of the tone in the future? 

If Bob stays he gets the money. 

I fear You're in for a traumatic summer. 

This was done to death in threads about him previously. He's not available quite a lot.

of course you can't guarantee anything but you don't go buying a lame horse expecting to win the national. 

The summer doesn't bother me too much as the football season is over.

The trauma will start when the season starts and we've still got Bob at the wheel. 

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Realistic about what?  Football is about rousing people up ffs.  A little bit  of upbeat rhetoric and get everyone going. 

It’s Hearts not Raith Rovers.

Don’t you want to hear your manager giving hope and being positive?

Is that how football matches are won?

4 hours ago, andrew said:

Ha ha brilliant probably on about 30/40k a month.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dear oh dear another not realizing the market we are in, am not surprised mind.

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

.....and 31 and coming to the end of his career. We've got enough players like that, looking to wind down their careers. Not the type of player we should be going for imo. 

20 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Ha ha brilliant probably on about 30/40k a month.

So less than the 40k a week Naismith was on before he signed for us then.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

.....and 31 and coming to the end of his career. We've got enough players like that, looking to wind down their careers. Not the type of player we should be going for imo. 

31.. Ffs. 

Not 59.

This age thing is a load of shite, it's not football manager, signing a player over 30 is OK. 

Rocky jamboa
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

31.. Ffs. 

Not 59.

This age thing is a load of shite, it's not football manager, signing a player over 30 is OK. 

I'm meaning more along the lines of not having the desire anymore and seeing us as a cushy number to see out the rest of his career, such as halliday, naismith, gms, berra etc.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I'm meaning more along the lines of not having the desire anymore and seeing us as a cushy number to see out the rest of his career, such as halliday, naismith, gms, berra etc.

I don't think they joined for that reason. 

KyleLafferty
4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The thought of him in charge of another transfer window fill me with trepidation to say the least. 

It looks like he is going nowhere though the way he is speaking about the inns and outs for next season. 

If he is still here there is a very strong chance by the end of October we will be scrambling about looking for a new manager imo. 

I’d say recruitment this year gets a 6/10.  We signed Gordon, Kingsley, Gnado, Gino (when he played), Halliday has something like 4 goals and 10 assists this year. Yes we have signed utter shite but please tell me one team in scotland who doesn’t.

Selkirkhmfc1874
35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bit of a wait then. Oh well, plenty time for speculation. 

Still sign players before then just not officially register them

Andy Halliday has had a decent season in my opinion.

Can play in a variety of positions, not scared to put the foot in and neat and tidy on the ball. He has chipped in with a few assists and goals too.

He will be very much part of the squad next season.

1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

Andy Halliday has had a decent season in my opinion.

Can play in a variety of positions, not scared to put the foot in and neat and tidy on the ball. He has chipped in with a few assists and goals too.

He will be very much part of the squad next season.

Not in mine.

He is a player we didn't need and from whom we gained little benefit.

He can play in a variety of positions but not very well

I just hope we don’t fall into the trap of shoehorning players in because they’re available to us. 
A god player that will fit the team is better than a very good player that doesn’t fit a system (assuming we have one, just to get in before someone else says it). We’ve all seen it before when a team upsets things to try and accommodate a player that was too good an offer to turn down. It doesn’t do the team or the player any good. 

Edited by Tazio

Never Let Them Forget
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I think Brandon is worth keeping on as a squad player 

Absolutely no chance we can keep him. He’s has 3 serious injuries with us and far too big a risk.

17 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Never read the full article, but at glance, the pele comments quite provocative, bearing in mind he's not exactly everybody cup of tea (understatement) at the monent...

He literally does not give a flying **** what fans think.

He’s safe as ******* houses 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***