***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Ainsley Harriott
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

A paper down south linking us and Hibs with Martyn Waghorn.... 

image.png.dc320285720c493fa8632d78e91b3952.png

Another player past their best in their 30s. No thanks from me

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Barack said:

You should've asked Andy Irving instead. 

The other boy a plumber or that, is he?

Sorry about the spelling,Yep Andy Irving said he would be signing soon.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Still talking with GIno who apparently wants a deal

Good if he's fit. Probably the most direct player we've had since Suso.

Batistuta87
49 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Another player past their best in their 30s. No thanks from me

Can't argue with his goalscoring record but his age is a concern. I'm very undecided. 

upgotheheads
8 hours ago, feej said:

Like the look of Pinnock and Kiltie from Killie, think both are free agents at the end of the season.

Yup.

Ainsley Harriott
26 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Can't argue with his goalscoring record but his age is a concern. I'm very undecided. 

I would rather we target players that are up and coming with the desire to improve. 

Famous 1874

Some of the names mentioned in this thread some up how low a level we really have reached. Duku🤣🤣🤣

FWIW the current management should not be getting a penny to spend.

Can’t sign them all, but a few from this list would be fantastic:

Jamie McCart

Jason Kerr 

Alan Campbell 

Regan Hendry

Ali McCann

Hakeem Odoffin

Josh Ginnelly 

Lawrence Shankland 

More me we need a first eleven centre back, a first eleven central midfielder, a first eleven winger, a first eleven attacking midfielder and a first eleven striker as minimum. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Some of the names mentioned in this thread some up how low a level we really have reached. Duku🤣🤣🤣

Jamie McCart

Jason Kerr 

Alan Campbell 

Regan Hendry

Ali McCann

Hakeem Odoffin

Josh Ginnelly 

Lawrence Shankland 

More me we need a first eleven centre back, a first eleven central midfielder, a first eleven winger, a first eleven attacking midfielder and a first eleven striker as minimum. 

The current management team already signed two of those players for what it's worth. So maybe you're on the same page!

16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Jamie McCart

Jason Kerr 

Alan Campbell 

Regan Hendry

Ali McCann

Hakeem Odoffin

Josh Ginnelly 

Lawrence Shankland 

Ali McCann would be a great signing, pretty sure he’s an Edinburgh lad as well so could be a Jambo?

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Could be good for free kicks (if the goal was on the roof of the stand).

Widest shoulders I've ever seen. 

5 pages long and just shy of a week old and I've been too scared to open this thread up until now.

The thought of us identifying and bringing in players gives me the absolute fear.

Rocky jamboa

With the names being mentioned so far, you can tell neilson and Budge are going to balls up another transfer window. 

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

With the names being mentioned so far, you can tell neilson and Budge are going to balls up another transfer window. 

Have they suggested many, or any, of the names mentioned on here?

Also, surely the targets people are identifying in this thread don’t depend on who the manager is?

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Also, surely the targets people are identifying in this thread don’t depend on who the manager is?

Yeah I can only recall one player reported that we are looking at (Roberto Nditi) and obviously Ginnelly. Its actually been surprising quiet in players linked considering we will looking to sign quite a few this summer.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah I can only recall one player reported that we are looking at (Roberto Nditi) and obviously Ginnelly. Its actually been surprising quiet in players linked considering we will looking to sign quite a few this summer.

Must be waiting till Bob goes and we get this new manager 🙄

Rocky jamboa
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's been mentioned in the press we're interested in the Forfar defender and Waghorn at Derby. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It's been mentioned in the press we're interested in the Forfar defender and Waghorn at Derby. 

I think the Forfar defender is actually not necessarily a bad thing, though I’ve never seen him, but one for the future. 

Not overly excited if we sign Waghorn. 

But again, it’s speculation. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

A Forfar defender, naw please just Naw

will-i-am-a-jambo
7 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Why, not? Andy Webster came from Arbroath and he didn't do too badly. I don't know the Forfar player but ld rather take a risk on a player that's cheap that could potentially pay off rather than pay over the odds for 30+ yr old journeyman looking to top up their pension and not giving a rats ass how he performs. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Ginnelly gets a big yes from me.  Risky signing considering his injury problems this season but he contributed more than enough to merit a deal on terms that suit us.

Plenty players out there who are affordable and would do a job from the Premiership and beyond, but when you see some of the players available you realise there is a lot of shite in this league.

Ross Laidlaw?  Elliot Parish?  Sherwin Seedorf?  Stevie May?  Coll Donaldson?  Nah, no thanks.  The Ross County guys aside, these guys don't get regular games for their clubs.  Why would we want them?

Aberdeen have been successful in the past by signing the best players from other teams in the league in positions they need to strengthen.  We need to try and mirror that approach where possible.

Famous 1874
3 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Ali McCann would be a great signing, pretty sure he’s an Edinburgh lad as well so could be a Jambo?

Hibs I think mate, not 100% certain though 

5 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Remember that Arbroath defender we signed all those years ago called Andy Webster? Good players are out there in the lower league and we need to get back to finding them.

Finlay James

Robbie has mentioned in the past the the Irish market is one we will focus on and we, if I recall, linked with a right back from NI.

9 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

It’s us clowns on here that are coming up with all these names which are mostly unimpressive and certainly not what we need. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Still can’t believe he failed to put that chance away in injury time against Celtic 😤

If he replays it in his head. 

He dummies the shot and stops the ball dead, watches the defender and keeper dive into the next postcode and side foots into an empty net. 

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Again so tone deaf, why would we expect us to sign 11 players of peles quality. We just want sensible signings that improve the team, not 4 year deals thrown at unknowns, not 3 year deals for players who are widely known to be crap - see Connor Sammon. 

Ainsley Harriott
9 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Almost all the names mentioned minus a few are just made up by posters on here 

Batistuta87
45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Decent enough, makes sense. 

Bit disappointed Pele types won't be turning up tho, probably rules Messi out. 

Was hoping the FoH contributions would get us a Pele as well :( 

In all honesty, this is what we want to hear. Quality not quantity. I'd much rather we signed 4 really good players than 10 pish ones. 

---------------------------------

Noticed he mentions England a lot when he's talking about transfers. Here's a snippet of those who are out of contract down there and who might fall into our sort of budget: 

Championship:

image.png.0ba6dc128693229242455f38e4bab5cb.png

image.png.6b03ea43f4333cf47ec6a485d717bc10.png

image.png.923eb5d9d57cd6f419b5d21a2519d29f.png

League One:

image.png.3f665e48840b8d576b12ce6d532dfa1a.png

image.png.26efc88f6407885ff94482b66d5a8c44.png

image.png.6f30660d03998326e2d33eb1671dbb38.png

League Two: (although apart from a few exceptions I'd like to think we're aiming higher than this)

image.png.cbfa93d649125ddf6b2294256b1e77eb.png

image.png.2c7ffaf3b88010977a921f29e9f6697b.png

Edited by Batistuta87

I'm not really sure Robbie should be saying basically that some of the players we bring in might end up being shite 🤣

Leveins Battalion

Imagine Burley when he came in saying aye we hope for top 6 and some players we sign will be pish 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Get this clown out now.😡

The Apprentice
18 hours ago, Tazio said:

So looking through this thread basically anyone who plays well against us or plays well in the most recent matches to be televised should be signed? Including lots of people recommending a centre half from Dunfermline because he scores a few goals, the same Dunfermline who leak goals for fun. 

The best one had to be Kyle Benedictus (think it was after the 3-2 loss). Still can't believe someone seriously suggested it.

Regarding Dunfermline, its interesting that there were quite a few people after we lost there at the start of the season banging on about McInroy and Turner.  McInroy has only made 10 starts all season and Turner was punted out to Airdrie in January.

26 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Imagine Burley when he came in saying aye we hope for top 6 and some players we sign will be pish 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Get this clown out now.😡

Yup. His quotes are becoming more baffling and Cathroesq. A good chairperson would put him out of his misery ASAP.

Just now, OTT said:

Yup. His quotes are becoming more baffling and Cathroesq. A good chairperson would put him out of his misery ASAP.

they remind me of mourinho when he loses the plot and has a go at the fans

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they remind me of mourinho when he loses the plot and has a go at the fans

Good shout tbh.

I saw a quote from GMS saying that he’s expecting far more attacking football next season, the problem with that obviously is that we’ve seen Neilson teams in the top flight and it’s essentially Leveinball. 

I have very little faith we’ve got a season to look forward to. Also worth making the point that the cup exit to Brora has potentially cost us £3m considering both OF sides are out and it’s a straight by to the europa league play off round with the safety net of the conference group stage below. (Assuming we could have won it) 

The Mighty Thor

Ginelly? No thanks.

He's undoubtedly a good player but he's never off the treatment table. We'll spend all season toiling in games and the post match pish from Bob will be about our terrible injuries. 

Let's spend the finite resource on people who will be available more than 50% of the time.

Let's not give Bob the money in the first place, rather give it to a manager who know what they are doing?

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ginelly? No thanks.

He's undoubtedly a good player but he's never off the treatment table. We'll spend all season toiling in games and the post match pish from Bob will be about our terrible injuries. 

Let's spend the finite resource on people who will be available more than 50% of the time.

Let's not give Bob the money in the first place, rather give it to a manager who know what they are doing?

Our new SD should have a series of pointers that help decide if a player is the right one for Hearts before putting names forward to the Manager.

Number one is obviously the players footballing ability but there should also be a number of other factors taken into account.

One of those should be the amount of time out injured and what type of injuries the player has had etc.

Ok we all know that we could sign a player who has hardly had any injuries and then he gets one after signing for us but then it's about playing the percentage game.

We have either been very unlucky with a number of players of just not done enough research into the player history.

In the case here with Ginelly it seems that he has been relatively injury free for most of his career but he does seem to be a a bit of a nomad and has been at a lot of clubs which maybe is not a good sign.

If we can get him on a relatively cheap wage then he might be worth the risk but we definitely would need cover for him.

Edited by wavydavy

29 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Such a poverty of ambition hanging around the club right now.

Ann is the first owner we’ve had in a while where they haven’t been utterly woeful on the business side, sadly I think she’s too caught up in the strategic long term thinking that she’s not holding the manager accountable for short term results (which is his bloody job). So we’re a complete train wreck on the football side. An academy which doesn’t produce players good enough for the club plus a first team that doesn’t have any hunger to succeed. It’s an absolute travesty and a colossal waste of the money the fans, benefactors and even Ann herself has put in. 

I’m trying to justify her inaction on Levein and now Neilson and that’s what makes sense to me. Problem is that she’s created a culture of failure through her lack of accountability in the football department. We’re in a spiral of ever declining standards and we need someone of real quality managing the rebuild of the football team. IMO that man is Alex Neil and Budge should be moving heaven and earth to get him signed up. 

Batistuta87
39 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ginelly? No thanks.

Really don't know where this idea that he's injury prone is coming from. The achilles injury is the first of his career that's seen him miss any more than two games in a row, and was a recurrence of a prior problem that never got properly seen to. He tweaked his achilles in Oct last year, probably should have had surgery on it but rushed back or was rushed back, then it went again and he had no option but to have surgery on it. Nothing different to what Souttar has gone through, and in fact is less of a concern for me since its only happened to him once whereas Souttar has had the same surgery twice. 

Absolutely mental that we'd turn our nose up at someone who is clearly a very talented player and will offer a lot to the team once he's back fit. 

Also I hate to break it to you, but he really wants to stay and we really want to keep him, so its probably going to happen. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Decent enough, makes sense. 

Bit disappointed Pele types won't be turning up tho, probably rules Messi out. 

It doesn’t make sense though.

We need around 10 new players to replace the ones out of contract and the ones we should be moving out......

GK - Stewart, Zlamal, Doyle

RB - Brandon, Logan

LB - Whyte

CH - Berra, Popescu

MF - Irving, Walker, Damour, Frear, Kastaneer, Roberts, Cochrane, Ginnelly

ST - Wighton, Naismith, Henderson

We would be left with....

GK - Gordon

RB - Smith

CH - Souttar, Halkett

LB - Kingsley 

MF - Haring, McEneff, Halliday, GMS

ST - Boyce, Gnanduilett

We are so short in decent players it’s scary imo.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Really don't know where this idea that he's injury prone is coming from. The achilles injury is the first of his career that's seen him miss any more than two games in a row, and was a recurrence of a prior problem that never got properly seen to. He tweaked his achilles in Oct last year, probably should have had surgery on it but rushed back or was rushed back, then it went again and he had no option but to have surgery on it. Nothing different to what Souttar has gone through, and in fact is less of a concern for me since its only happened to him once whereas Souttar has had the same surgery twice. 

Absolutely mental that we'd turn our nose up at someone who is clearly a very talented player and will offer a lot to the team once he's back fit. 

Also I hate to break it to you, but he really wants to stay and we really want to keep him, so its probably going to happen. 

Decent signing imo. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It doesn’t make sense though.

We need around 10 new players to replace the ones out of contract and the ones we should be moving out......

GK - Stewart, Zlamal, Doyle

RB - Brandon, Logan

LB - Whyte

CH - Berra, Popescu

MF - Irving, Walker, Damour, Frear, Kastaneer, Roberts, Cochrane, Ginnelly

ST - Wighton, Naismith, Henderson

We would be left with....

GK - Gordon

RB - Smith

CH - Souttar, Halkett

LB - Kingsley 

MF - Haring, McEneff, Halliday, GMS

ST - Boyce, Gnanduilett

We are so short in decent players it’s scary imo.

Logan and Ginnelly both want to stay and we want to keep them, so I reckon deals will be done there. Irving has apparently told someone on here that he'll be signing soon, Naismith is going nowhere unless he retires (which is unlikely based on his recent interviews), Popescu, Walker and Roberts are still under contract for another year and will probably stick around as backup players... 

We've also got the young lads Cammy Logan (R/LB), Scott McGill (MF), Connor Smith (MF/FW) and Chris Hamilton (MF) to help make up the numbers, and a couple of others who might break through next season. 

We're not looking great, but not as bad as you're saying. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was hoping the FoH contributions would get us a Pele as well :( 

In all honesty, this is what we want to hear. Quality not quantity. I'd much rather we signed 4 really good players than 10 pish ones. 

---------------------------------

Noticed he mentions England a lot when he's talking about transfers. Here's a snippet of those who are out of contract down there and who might fall into our sort of budget: 

Championship:

image.png.0ba6dc128693229242455f38e4bab5cb.png

image.png.6b03ea43f4333cf47ec6a485d717bc10.png

image.png.923eb5d9d57cd6f419b5d21a2519d29f.png

League One:

image.png.3f665e48840b8d576b12ce6d532dfa1a.png

image.png.26efc88f6407885ff94482b66d5a8c44.png

image.png.6f30660d03998326e2d33eb1671dbb38.png

League Two: (although apart from a few exceptions I'd like to think we're aiming higher than this)

image.png.cbfa93d649125ddf6b2294256b1e77eb.png

image.png.2c7ffaf3b88010977a921f29e9f6697b.png

Agreed. 

Very insightful as well👍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***