***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep. Of course,not expecting us to get John Stones, Ageuro and De Bruyne, more that we should be looking to sign a backbone of experienced professionals who are the right side of 30 and have a couple of hundred games under their belt at SPL level (or higher, if possible)

Ageuro is out of contract, Messi is as well-solve our attacking problems. 

De Bruyne is a bit of a stretch tho, he'd cost a fee. 

Stones is shite 😉, wouldn't bother with him. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I've actually been thinking about your question more now, and I reckon Levein was better at spotting a player than Neilson ever could be, he had bags more experience in that role and I think he knew what he wanted to do with them, he just wasn't very good at putting it into practice. Neilson on the other hand has exactly the same rotten style of play as Levein, but without the eye for a player in my opinion, he's signed 3 of the worst wingers I've ever seen in my life this season (Frear, Roberts, and just when you think he couldn't top this, he brings in Kasta flipping neer!), he also has no clue how to get the best out of his current team, and let's be honest, the players we have should be absolutely dominating every fixture in this very poor league and rattling in a couple of goals at least each game, this has been nowhere near happening. 

To answer your question, I'd trust Levein a lot more with a budget for bringing in players than Neilson, and that's saying something! :( 

Honestly I don't want to get into yet another debate about the signings of CL. I have made my thoughts known on this matter many times and will keep my reply as brief as possible.

I wouldn't trust Levein with a budget more than Robbie. I don't disagree with you on the signings of Frear & Kastaneer however the Jury is maybe still out on Roberts as he did ok at Motherwell until his injury.

CL had many transfer windows and some absolutely shocking signings so I think we can afford Robbie the summer transfer window to see what he can do.

If after that he hasn't produced the goods then maybe I will agree with you but more importantly maybe AB will.

The Apprentice
19 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye Boyce appears to be very happy at Hearts so hopefully when they're playing CoD together he's in his ear talking us up lol. His other pal Coll Donaldson would be represent very good value for us as well I think and would be a safe option as cover for Souttar. 

I’d have Coll Donaldson nowhere near us. He’s terrible, IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ageuro is out of contract, Messi is as well-solve our attacking problems. 

De Bruyne is a bit of a stretch tho, he'd cost a fee. 

Stones is shite 😉, wouldn't bother with him. 

Is he not injured.😍

Just now, milky_26 said:

de bruyne played at wembley on sunday

👍  Last time I saw him he was hobbling off with what seemed like an ankle injury. Must have made a quick recovery.

19 hours ago, Tazio said:

To be fair to Rudi most of his other clubs rather oddly played him at left back. 

That's right when he left us the first time and joined Southampton they played him as a left back when he got a game.

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

Hard to argue with any of that 

Very much agreed in Halkett but starting to think Smith gets an easy ride, he is consistent but offers very little going forward, if anything needs to be a CB now 

Smith is an interesting one, fans favourite, but still part of a very leaky defence. Kingsley the same. Defensive problems solely down to CB’s? I guess so

56 minutes ago, feej said:

Like the look of Pinnock and Kiltie from Killie, think both are free agents at the end of the season.

Apparently Dunfermline want Kiltie. Par I know said that’s the chat. 

Jason Kerr would be a great signing but comes from a hibee family and always been rumours he’s going to them. 
Is there any truth in this Paterson rumour ? Surely he’d rather stay in English leagues  for as much as possible. 

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Honestly I don't want to get into yet another debate about the signings of CL. I have made my thoughts known on this matter many times and will keep my reply as brief as possible.

I wouldn't trust Levein with a budget more than Robbie. I don't disagree with you on the signings of Frear & Kastaneer however the Jury is maybe still out on Roberts as he did ok at Motherwell until his injury.

CL had many transfer windows and some absolutely shocking signings so I think we can afford Robbie the summer transfer window to see what he can do.

If after that he hasn't produced the goods then maybe I will agree with you but more importantly maybe AB will.

I get where you're coming from, however I've see nothing at all from this season under Robbie to suggest that next season will be any different, and therefore don't want him having any budget at all, he's as boring and negative as they come, one of my mates calls him Handbrake Bob, and he's right! If we risk letting him spunk the budget away in the summer and then it doesn't work (as most of us already suspect), then it's too late and we could easily be heading back down again, can you imagine the seethe and hindsight posts then? Ooft! 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Apparently Dunfermline want Kiltie. Par I know said that’s the chat. 

He's better than the Pars.

I hope he's the type we would be targeting 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

I’d have Coll Donaldson nowhere near us. He’s terrible, IMO. 

Really? I haven't seen him a huge amount but from what I have seen he looked alright. He is older than I thought though - thought he was 22/23 but he's like 26. 

Heartsofgold
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

A paper down south linking us and Hibs with Martyn Waghorn.... 

image.png.dc320285720c493fa8632d78e91b3952.png

I'd take him in a heartbeat but he must be on about £30k per week.

So looking through this thread basically anyone who plays well against us or plays well in the most recent matches to be televised should be signed? Including lots of people recommending a centre half from Dunfermline because he scores a few goals, the same Dunfermline who leak goals for fun. 

Heartsofgold
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

At Derby? Surely not. 

Yeah you could be right, £30k nowadays is a bit excessive for even the Championship.  Maybe nearer £10k PW?  Still well outside our top budget.

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat but he must be on about £30k per week.

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

At Derby? Surely not. 

£17k apparently when he first signed.

17 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Yeah you could be right, £30k nowadays is a bit excessive for even the Championship.  Maybe nearer £10k PW?  Still well outside our top budget.

16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

£17k apparently when he first signed.

Even at the lower end. He’d have to drop a lot of cash to come to us. I suppose it doesn’t matter what he’s earning now, if no championship clubs are interested then it could be a goer. 

Under the floodlight
32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So looking through this thread basically anyone who plays well against us or plays well in the most recent matches to be televised should be signed? Including lots of people recommending a centre half from Dunfermline because he scores a few goals, the same Dunfermline who leak goals for fun. 

Bingo, think some posters are already working in our recruitment department.

2 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Bingo, think some posters are already working in our recruitment department.

Hearts could do with the help tbh. Could uncover the next Garrucio or Doyle. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Even at the lower end. He’d have to drop a lot of cash to come to us. I suppose it doesn’t matter what he’s earning now, if no championship clubs are interested then it could be a goer. 

Yeah I mean he's 31 now, and he signed for Derby when Lampard was in charge and they were basically throwing money around trying to get back into the PL (i.e. by having Rooney on £50k p/w). Whether he's on £10k, £17k or somewhere in between I reckon he'd be lucky to get half of those amounts even if he stayed down south. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Really? I haven't seen him a huge amount but from what I have seen he looked alright. He is older than I thought though - thought he was 22/23 but he's like 26. 

Dear lord....Donaldson 😂🤣😅🤪

This place man 😬🤯

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah I mean he's 31 now, and he signed for Derby when Lampard was in charge and they were basically throwing money around trying to get back into the PL (i.e. by having Rooney on £50k p/w). Whether he's on £10k, £17k or somewhere in between I reckon he'd be lucky to get half of those amounts even if he stayed down south. 

Good insight, thanks. Possibly affordable then. 

Under the floodlight
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hearts could do with the help tbh. Could uncover the next Garrucio or Doyle. 

Mother of god!!!!

Just now, Under the floodlight said:

Mother of god!!!!

Doubt they’d discover her. There is only so much the fans can do mate.

Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Doubt they’d discover her. There is only so much the fans can do mate.

😁😁

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I get where you're coming from, however I've see nothing at all from this season under Robbie to suggest that next season will be any different, and therefore don't want him having any budget at all, he's as boring and negative as they come, one of my mates calls him Handbrake Bob, and he's right! If we risk letting him spunk the budget away in the summer and then it doesn't work (as most of us already suspect), then it's too late and we could easily be heading back down again, can you imagine the seethe and hindsight posts then? Ooft! 

I also get where you are coming from.

The one difference that hopefully might have a decent impact is the arrival of Savage.

Hopefully he can unearth some decent players for us and who knows with the right players in place we might see more positive play and staying in the top league.

Lets face it we are at the mercy of AB and what she wants happens no matter what we think.

merseyjambo
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

At the moment with zero people allowed in the ground, how else are fans meant to see other players.

However I’m fairly sure some fans could do better than our so called recruitment team. I mean Waghorn. WTAF. He was a chunky turd when he was at Ibrox and yet another symbol of our half arsed recruitment policy. Journeymen players looking to see out their playing days. Our books have been full of them in the last few years - Sammon, Naismith, GMS to name a few. We need to look at younger, up and coming talent not players who are past their best and looking for a retirement plan.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

You should've asked Andy Irving instead. 

The other boy a plumber or that, is he?

Irish folk musician. Expect the Fields of Athenry added to Scott Wilson’s playlist soon. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Irish folk musician. Expect the Fields of Athenry added to Scott Wilson’s playlist soon. 

Greatest rugby player. 

10 minutes ago, mhall37 said:

Not in the know,but just asked Andy Irvine if he is signing,he said soon.

...... on for his pension?

Great rugby player in his day, but even by our standards a bit past it.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, mhall37 said:

Where's he Coming from? 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, mhall37 said:

Could be good for free kicks (if the goal was on the roof of the stand).

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

You can buy the best instruments going but if the conductor can’t get a tune out of them....

Conductor doesn't play the instruments. 

I hope Neilson does not get another penny to waste by the club.

Heartbreaking seeing the money he has wasted on the players he has signed.

I really want us to be looking at younger players we can develop mixed with a few older heads that can help push us on. 

Some out of contracts u23s I'd be keen on us signing would be:

Campbell (Motherwell), Hendry (Raith), Edwards (Dunfermline), Shields (QOS)

Next season out of contract 2022

Robson (Dundee utd), Hamilton (Hamilton)

Even if we couldn't get Campbell -  Hendry, Edwards & Shields would be 3 sensible solid signings at CM, LB & ST respectively. 

We too often go for finished articles we can't develop. We need to be looking to ones we can pick up for low fees and spend a season or two developing. Some will work, some won't. I'd rather see youngsters than players who have no hunger at all to try and kick on.

Callum Paterson returning would be incredible too. I'd like Gallagher too, think he could pair with Souttar well, and already has played with Halkett. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I really want us to be looking at younger players we can develop mixed with a few older heads that can help push us on. 

Some out of contracts u23s I'd be keen on us signing would be:

Campbell (Motherwell), Hendry (Raith), Edwards (Dunfermline), Shields (QOS)

Next season out of contract 2022

Robson (Dundee utd), Hamilton (Hamilton)

Even if we couldn't get Campbell -  Hendry, Edwards & Shields would be 3 sensible solid signings at CM, LB & ST respectively. 

We too often go for finished articles we can't develop. We need to be looking to ones we can pick up for low fees and spend a season or two developing. Some will work, some won't. I'd rather see youngsters than players who have no hunger at all to try and kick on.

Callum Paterson returning would be incredible too. I'd like Gallagher too, think he could pair with Souttar well, and already has played with Halkett. 

Some good players in there but we have to not fall into the trap of signing too many players from lower leagues and smaller teams at once unless we have very, very good players around them, which we mostly don't yet. One or two at most. 

SectionDJambo

The signings for this season, just ending, had to be made under the circumstances of playing in the second tier and not playing until October. Not very attractive for decent players, which I think was the game for Hibs and Aberdeen to help push our demotion through. Hibs in particular had an eye on the cup semi final as well, looking for an advantage which didn't turn out too well for them.

I don't have a much confidence in Robbie Neilson, but he is going to be the manager into next season with Joe Savage supporting him in recruitment. Any excuses for poor recruitment, and subsequent poor performances, this time won't be accepted. We'll have to wait and see if he can improve the team and have us competing well next season. 

I get the fears of thinking he may waste more cash resources on substandard players but we have to run with it. Joe Savage should be heavily involved this time, which is a change we hope works.

Let's hope Neilson gets it right this time and changes the team's style of play under the confidence of having better players.

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Some good players in there but we have to not fall into the trap of signing too many players from lower leagues and smaller teams at once unless we have very, very good players around them, which we mostly don't yet. One or two at most. 

True, was thinking Edwards as Kingsleys number 2, Shields as a forward option and Hendry looks like he's ready to make the step up. 

We do need better senior players though, absolutely. 

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Still talking with GIno who apparently wants a deal

I’m absolutely all for this deal. I get the concerns about injuries but we’ve lacked players with his energy and drive for far too long. Well worth the risk that he stays fit. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***