***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Batistuta87
9 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Guy Melamed 

Not massively exciting but I'd take him aye. 5 goals and 3 assists in 15 games isn't a bad return whilst playing for St Johnstone. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Back up keeper, Craig MacGillivray from Portsmouth would be decent. 

We should take a look at Clark Robertson at Rotherham and also, Dominic Hyam at Coventry. 

Defo keep Shay Logan at RB. 

Allan Campbell would be number 1 target. 

Sign Ginnelly and look at Louis Moult of Preston & Devante Cole of Motherwell. 

really disappointed in this thread. 

Jimmy Dunne only been mentioned once.

come on JKB - pull your socks up and get whatever version of football manager you have fired up!

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

really disappointed in this thread. 

Jimmy Dunne only been mentioned once.

come on JKB - pull your socks up and get whatever version of football manager you have fired up!

:lol:

1 hour ago, Four faces said:

Jimmy Dunne.

he's dying to take a 50% pay cut and disappear from the main stream media dontchya know....?

Do we think there will be a profile of players now savage is in place. Say between 19-26 for arguments sake. Players that you want to kick on and have a sell on value. If that was the case I'm not sure our coaching staff have the ability to develop players.

We need to avoid giving guys in the older age brackets long term deals and avoid costly mistakes like damour and oshiniwa. Is it a case you sign more Scottish players from so called lesser teams or what. You just hope savage comes to the fore and improves the hap hazard recruitment process of te budge era

33 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Do we think there will be a profile of players now savage is in place. Say between 19-26 for arguments sake. Players that you want to kick on and have a sell on value. If that was the case I'm not sure our coaching staff have the ability to develop players.

We need to avoid giving guys in the older age brackets long term deals and avoid costly mistakes like damour and oshiniwa. Is it a case you sign more Scottish players from so called lesser teams or what. You just hope savage comes to the fore and improves the hap hazard recruitment process of te budge era

I would hate us to sign Messi or Ronaldo if that were possible.  They're far too old.😀

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I would hate us to sign Messi or Ronaldo if that were possible.  They're far too old.😀

Awful 😆.  Roberto Baggio would get a game

If an older player adds quality. Gordon or Naisy when he first came in of course

Just now, ericb said:

I reckon we will look at Toby Sibbick, still seems friendly with club on Instagram 

Seems to be playing for them now which is a shame because he'd have been a hell of a signing. Looked a classy player against Rangers. 

1 minute ago, ericb said:

I reckon we will look at Toby Sibbick, still seems friendly with club on Instagram 

No chance playing regularly for Barnsley who could yet be playing premier league next season

9 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

No chance playing regularly for Barnsley who could yet be playing premier league next season

If they don't get promotion which is likely, don't underestimate our ability to match barnsley 

adambraejambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You have been ITK in the past. Is this a player you like or have you heard some info. Also can he bring Paulo back with him from Portugal !

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo keep em coming 👍🏻

That's an interesting one..... Bruno Aiguar anyone??? 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Have to say, it worries me when a players best moments in a season mostly end with him losing the ball or playing a bad pass

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Have to say, it worries me when a players best moments in a season mostly end with him losing the ball or playing a bad pass

Yup that is concerning. Though his long passing (from the highlights) looks a lot better and can win a ball, from those highlights just dont allow him to go forward with the ball as he will lose it.

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hopefully Gallagher and Campbell are our top targets.

Papers reporting Campbell away to Luton or Millwall and Gallagher likely to go to Aberdeen or England. 

14 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup that is concerning. Though his long passing (from the highlights) looks a lot better and can win a ball, from those highlights just dont allow him to go forward with the ball as he will lose it.

Got to love the above, hook line and sinker.

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If we are after a centre half I hope we are in for Hjortur Hermansson.🙂

Why?

On 23/04/2021 at 09:57, Cruyff said:

Back up keeper, Craig MacGillivray from Portsmouth would be decent. 

Would love that. 

Another Harrogate town lad in nets for Jambos 

On 23/04/2021 at 18:59, ericb said:

If they don't get promotion which is likely, don't underestimate our ability to match barnsley 

Based on what? Wages in the Championship are way higher than we can pay

On 24/04/2021 at 01:52, Uncle Buck said:

Hopefully Gallagher and Campbell are our top targets.

If anyone was after Gallagher then their interest may have cooled after watching him against the hobos yesterday, if he gave dioge any more space for the 1st goal he’d have got an assist.

I’ve heard that we’ve made enquiries about Jason Kerr, only a year left on his deal in Perth.

48 minutes ago, Ribble said:

If anyone was after Gallagher then their interest may have cooled after watching him against the hobos yesterday, if he gave dioge any more space for the 1st goal he’d have got an assist.

I’ve heard that we’ve made enquiries about Jason Kerr, only a year left on his deal in Perth.

Didn’t realise Kerr would be available, but if it’s only a year left on his contract then maybe. Would be a great signing. I believe he’s a Hibs fan.

38 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Didn’t realise Kerr would be available, but if it’s only a year left on his contract then maybe. Would be a great signing. I believe he’s a Hibs fan.

Can we no have their manager as well? Would do a job.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Mentioned him before, Noah Loosli of Lausanne. 

You can't rely on these YouTube snippets as they tend to focus on the best bits of a player's ability but if this is indicatve of his general performances,he'd be worth following up.

Hectormasson
On 24/04/2021 at 11:29, gashauskis9 said:

Prychynenko is claiming we’ve made him an offer (according to the daily ******)!

F....k

S....e🙈🙈🙈

Not sure about Denis P but I suppose it's about how much we have in the budget and how many positions we need to strengthen. He certainly has quite a physical presence and is reasonably quick (based on recent you tube footage).

There may be better (more expensive) options but I guess it's about getting the best value for money accross all areas of the team.

Central defence is certainly an area I would prioritise but it may mean missing out on, say, a better quality striker.

It's going to take good managerial judgement and that's not something we've had for quite some time unfortunately. 

Batistuta87
On 23/04/2021 at 12:31, Jim Panzee said:

he's dying to take a 50% pay cut and disappear from the main stream media dontchya know....?

Confused as to who you think he is - do you think he's some sort of David Beckham like PL superstar? Couldn't be further from the truth lol he's probably quite lucky to be there if we're completely honest, and no way he'll be there next season. 

Burnley pay him less than we pay Berra, so we could easily afford his wages without him taking any pay cut. As above, he won't be there next season - he's out of contract at the end of the season, didn't have a particularly good loan spell at Sunderland, and so far hasn't been offered a new deal, so his stock isn't that high and he is very much "available". If we're being realistic as well, he's nowhere near good enough to play in the PL so will almost certainly be taking a step down. His market value is one of the lowest in the Burnely squad at around £400k. John Souttar's by comparison is around £900k. 

Definitely not an unrealistic target for us.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You can't rely on these YouTube snippets as they tend to focus on the best bits of a player's ability but if this is indicatve of his general performances,he'd be worth following up.

Obviously. 

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Confused as to who you think he is - do you think he's some sort of David Beckham like PL superstar? Couldn't be further from the truth lol he's probably quite lucky to be there if we're completely honest, and no way he'll be there next season. 

Burnley pay him less than we pay Berra, so we could easily afford his wages without him taking any pay cut. As above, he won't be there next season - he's out of contract at the end of the season, didn't have a particularly good loan spell at Sunderland, and so far hasn't been offered a new deal, so his stock isn't that high and he is very much "available". If we're being realistic as well, he's nowhere near good enough to play in the PL so will almost certainly be taking a step down. His market value is one of the lowest in the Burnely squad at around £400k. John Souttar's by comparison is around £900k. 

I'm sold! lets buy a player who's career is on the downward spiral :)

wages is all speculation - none of us know the full details.

if his agent is half decent he'll engineer a move to an english championship team, still on a decent wedge and playing in front of decent crowds (when they return) and have more exposure to further his career.

11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Knowing how we operate we will probably do a swap deal.

I’m struggling to understand how this thread can exist let alone consider signings etc until that man is gone. I get it that it’s good to speculate - but at this time though? Sorry to be negative.

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'm sold! lets buy a player who's career is on the downward spiral :)

wages is all speculation - none of us know the full details.

if his agent is half decent he'll engineer a move to an english championship team, still on a decent wedge and playing in front of decent crowds (when they return) and have more exposure to further his career.

So you're saying you wouldn't take him?? 

I genuinely think signing for Hearts and holding down a regular place in the team would be a better move than perhaps only making the bench for a mid-table Championship side. He's not as good, or as valuable, as a number of centre backs who are out of contract in the Championship and will be competing to win contracts at these clubs ahead of Dunne. If you compare him to all the OOC CBs in the Championship now, he'd be 14th in terms of market value. Even comparing him to those in League One whose contracts are expiring, he's about 5th or 6th. 

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I genuinely think signing for Hearts and holding down a regular place in the team would be a better move than perhaps only making the bench for a mid-table Championship side. He's not as good, or as valuable, as a number of centre backs who are out of contract in the Championship and will be competing to win contracts at these clubs ahead of Dunne. If you compare him to all the OOC CBs in the Championship now, he'd be 14th in terms of market value. Even comparing him to those in League One whose contracts are expiring, he's about 5th or 6th. 

not fussed either way to be honest. I did think in his last few games for us his performances tailed off.

all about the lad himself and self belief - he may choose a championship club and be a squad player in the hope he gets a break and becomes a part of a table topping team.

or - he may choose to join us. I just can't see it myself - time will tell in the end...

Hectormasson
42 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Horses for courses, could be a hit at hearts ? Showed up well on loan and scored as well....

33 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It gives me the absolute fear to think that Budge is going to trust Neilson with another budget ffs :jj_facepalm:

How did you feel when she gave Levein about six transfer windows?

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How did you feel when she gave Levein about six transfer windows?

I think that's what's driving a sense of urgency with some posters. So much wasted time already.

Jambo in Bathgate

I think lessons have been learned Robbie will be given first round of matches. She will be much more decisive than she was with Craig Levein and others. Hopefully we now have Joe Savage and signings will be made on ability rather than a recovery project. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***