***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Batistuta87

Now that the season is basically over I reckon we're overdue a dedicated thread for this one!

My thoughts on our impending and seemingly endless rebuild: 

GK:
Gordon - Keep, obviously

Stewart - Was disappointing when Gordon was away with Scotland. Wouldn't bother keeping him. 

Doyle - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed

Zlamal - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed

Stone - Hopefully loan him to an Inverness or a Dunfermline or another decent Championship side, get him some games. 

R/LB:

Kingsley - Keep, very impressive early on 

S. Logan - Keep, like what I've seen 

Smith - Keep, but don't think he's a guaranteed starter any more. Playing very negative, backwards passing football just now. 

White - No talk of a contract extension, I'd let him go. 

C. Logan - Looks decent, 50/50 as to whether he goes out on loan again or sticks around and becomes a backup player. 

Brandon - Think he's done - unlucky with injuries. 

CB:
Souttar - Has looked a class above in the 2 games he's played. 

Halkett - Demote to a backup role next season. Disappointing. 

Popescu - Would look to move on at the end of the season if possible. Will still have 1y left on his contract though. 

Berra - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed. Freeing up a big wage.

DM/CM/AM: 

Haring - Last year of his contract. Deserves a chance to get back to his previous levels. Starting to show flashes now. 

McEneff - Think he's got a lot more to give if utilised correctly. 

Halliday - As above, think he'll be twice the player with an atmosphere, valuable for his  

Irving - Not too fussed if he leaves now. 

Cochrane - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed

Damour - Actively trying to leave. Can't wait to see the back of him. 

McGill - Looks promising. Replaces Irving for me.  

Hamilton - Wouldn't mind seeing him in some friendlies, might end up back out on loan. 

C. Smith - As above. 

Lee - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed. 

Walker - Doesn't appear to have a great attitude, but is useful when he can be bothered.

Naismith - Seems to have gone over the hill this past season. Struggling with the pace of the game. 

R/LW:

McKay-Steven - Confident that he has more to give. Disappointing so far but willing to give him a chance. 

Ginnelly - Worth the risk, would like to sign him on a permanent deal. 

Kastaneer - Not fussed, don't see much in him. Maybe lucky he's only on loan. 

Frear - Worst signing of the season. Glad it was only a 1y deal.

Roberts - As above. Has 1y left but hopefully move him on easily enough. 

Moore - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed. 

ST:

Boyce - Works hard, genuinely tries, top scorer, no more needs to be said really.

Gnanduillet - Appears lazy / unfit at times. Looks like he can be dangerous when he can be bothered. 

Henderson - Destined for a career in the Championship or below. Loan out, look to move on. 

Wighton - Found his level. Good luck to him. Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed. 

For me, this means we need to bring in around 9 or 10 players: 1x GK, 2x CB, 1x LB, 2x CM, 1x RW, 1x LW, 1x ST, might be tempted to take another RB if a decent one is available, probably with a mixture of loans and permanent deals. Some targets I have in mind (couple of random but probably not massively unrealistic wild-cards included). Bearing in mind some would be squad players/backup, I'm not saying they're all completely awesome and would come in and be massive upgrades:

GK x2: McCrorie (Rangers / loan), Laidlaw (R.County)

CB x2: Dunne (Burnley), Lindsay (Stoke), Hoban (Aberdeen), McIntyre (Reading), Guthrie (Livingston), Wallace (Milwall), Hyam (Coventry)

R/LB: O'Nien (Sunderland), Edwards (Dunfermline), 

CM x2: Campbell (Motherwell), Tshibola (Killie), Halilovic (Birmigham), Bridcutt (Lincoln), McEachran (MK Dons), Edwards (Burton), 

R/LW: McLennan (Aberdeen), Seedorf (Motherwell), Robert (Airdrie), Kiltie (Kilmarnock), LuaLua (Luton), Jones (Rangers / loan), Lokilo (Doncaster)

ST: Aneke (Charlton), Stewart (Rangers), May (St Johnstone), Lafferty (Killie), Duku (Raith)

Think that's a fair enough wee selection. 

Love seeing rumours from the usual suspects. There will be absolutely zero negative comments from me if you guys care to share any bits and pieces you might hear. And lets not turn it into another "NEILSON OUt" thread - we've got enough of those, I think everyone's feelings are quite clear, and what will be will be at the moment. 

Peace all ✌️

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Liking your selection of signings however I don’t think Duku is up to much, would be looking at Devante Cole

i don’t think Brandon will be leaving either, don’t see him getting in the team but the lad might well have to think about a career change after hearts with his injuries 

lost in space

Mostly agree with OP but we will need 2 forwards especially if Henderson is to go on loan.

Also GMS - i can't see him getting that much better. He looks scared - confidence seems to have gone. Imagine what reaction fans will give to his timid play.

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Liking your selection of signings however I don’t think Duku is up to much, would be looking at Devante Cole

i don’t think Brandon will be leaving either, don’t see him getting in the team but the lad might well have to think about a career change after hearts with his injuries 

Duku is a wildcard. Seems to have some ability in his locker and think he's into double figures for goals, and would be very cheap. Cole would be a good signing too 👍🏻

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Mostly agree with OP but we will need 2 forwards especially if Henderson is to go on loan.

Also GMS - i can't see him getting that much better. He looks scared - confidence seems to have gone. Imagine what reaction fans will give to his timid play.

Yeah my 1 striker is an absolute bare minimum. Would ideally have two 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot

100% Keep

Gordon

Kingsley 

Smith 

Logan

Soapy 

McEneff 

Gnando 

Boyce 

Gino

GMS 

Keep, but understand if these guys left. 

Halkett 

Haring 

Halliday 

Walker 

Naismith, now coach tho. 

In contract players to 100% move 

Popescu 

Brandon

Frear

Roberts 

Of the out of contract players/ Loanees ending, only Irving interests me in terms of keeping him at Hearts. 

The klaxon needs to make a comeback. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

jamboinglasgow

So the thread begins, always enjoy the transfer window thread. 

Through this I look forward to:

- Transfer news

- Transfer rumours

- arguments about whether the person who post rumour is credible

- old grudges between two posters carried through out the thread

- pages of argument about a  current player whether they are good or not

- Billie Piper photos

- pages of one poster arguing we should sign a player that we will never sign.

The Treasurer
18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

- Transfer news

- Transfer rumours

- Billie Piper photos

You missed out, bigging up a potential target until he signs for someone else and then saying that he wasn't good enough anyway 

Batistuta87
26 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

- Transfer news

- Transfer rumours

- Billie Piper photos

Missed the usual Zeefuik and Cummings chat 😂

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Heard that Gallagher, Shankland and Paterson (loan) on our radar. 

Who's Gallagher? 

YAAASSSSSS!  This thread is what kickback is all about. Rumours, tantrums, one up man ship, accusation and new signings news. What more could you want. Will soon be close season as well and no pesky football to dampen our spirits. Joy is me. 

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Paterson coming back would be the signing of the summer but I just can't see it

indianajones

Shouldn't be signing anyone till we get a new management team. 

Will turn even the best options we have into utter horse pish. 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Missed the usual Zeefuik and Cummings chat 😂

Haha of course. Though with Zeefuik retired and Cummings on a long term deal at Dundee you would think that would stop, but it wont stop some...

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Now that the season is basically over I reckon we're overdue a dedicated thread for this one!

My thoughts on our impending and seemingly endless rebuild: 

GK:
Gordon - Keep, obviously

Stewart - Was disappointing when Gordon was away with Scotland. Wouldn't bother keeping him. 

Doyle - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed

Zlamal - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed

Stone - Hopefully loan him to an Inverness or a Dunfermline or another decent Championship side, get him some games. 

R/LB:

Kingsley - Keep, very impressive early on 

S. Logan - Keep, like what I've seen 

Smith - Keep, but don't think he's a guaranteed starter any more. Playing very negative, backwards passing football just now. 

White - No talk of a contract extension, I'd let him go. 

C. Logan - Looks decent, 50/50 as to whether he goes out on loan again or sticks around and becomes a backup player. 

Brandon - Think he's done - unlucky with injuries. 

CB:
Souttar - Has looked a class above in the 2 games he's played. 

Halkett - Demote to a backup role next season. Disappointing. 

Popescu - Would look to move on at the end of the season if possible. Will still have 1y left on his contract though. 

Berra - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed. Freeing up a big wage.

DM/CM/AM: 

Haring - Last year of his contract. Deserves a chance to get back to his previous levels. Starting to show flashes now. 

McEneff - Think he's got a lot more to give if utilised correctly. 

Halliday - As above, think he'll be twice the player with an atmosphere, valuable for his  

Irving - Not too fussed if he leaves now. 

Cochrane - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed

Damour - Actively trying to leave. Can't wait to see the back of him. 

McGill - Looks promising. Replaces Irving for me.  

Hamilton - Wouldn't mind seeing him in some friendlies, might end up back out on loan. 

C. Smith - As above. 

Lee - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed. 

Walker - Doesn't appear to have a great attitude, but is useful when he can be bothered.

Naismith - Seems to have gone over the hill this past season. Struggling with the pace of the game. 

R/LW:

McKay-Steven - Confident that he has more to give. Disappointing so far but willing to give him a chance. 

Ginnelly - Worth the risk, would like to sign him on a permanent deal. 

Kastaneer - Not fussed, don't see much in him. Maybe lucky he's only on loan. 

Frear - Worst signing of the season. Glad it was only a 1y deal.

Roberts - As above. Has 1y left but hopefully move him on easily enough. 

Moore - Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed. 

ST:

Boyce - Works hard, genuinely tries, top scorer, no more needs to be said really.

Gnanduillet - Appears lazy / unfit at times. Looks like he can be dangerous when he can be bothered. 

Henderson - Destined for a career in the Championship or below. Loan out, look to move on. 

Wighton - Found his level. Good luck to him. Leaving at the end of the season - confirmed. 

For me, this means we need to bring in around 9 or 10 players: 1x GK, 2x CB, 1x LB, 2x CM, 1x RW, 1x LW, 1x ST, might be tempted to take another RB if a decent one is available, probably with a mixture of loans and permanent deals. Some targets I have in mind (couple of random but probably not massively unrealistic wild-cards included). Bearing in mind some would be squad players/backup, I'm not saying they're all completely awesome and would come in and be massive upgrades:

GK x2: McCrorie (Rangers / loan), Laidlaw (R.County)

CB x2: Dunne (Burnley), Lindsay (Stoke), Hoban (Aberdeen), McIntyre (Reading), Guthrie (Livingston), Wallace (Milwall), Hyam (Coventry)

R/LB: O'Nien (Sunderland), Edwards (Dunfermline), 

CM x2: Campbell (Motherwell), Tshibola (Killie), Halilovic (Birmigham), Bridcutt (Lincoln), McEachran (MK Dons), Edwards (Burton), 

R/LW: McLennan (Aberdeen), Seedorf (Motherwell), Robert (Airdrie), Kiltie (Kilmarnock), LuaLua (Luton), Jones (Rangers / loan), Lokilo (Doncaster)

ST: Aneke (Charlton), Stewart (Rangers), May (St Johnstone), Lafferty (Killie), Duku (Raith)

Think that's a fair enough wee selection. 

Love seeing rumours from the usual suspects. There will be absolutely zero negative comments from me if you guys care to share any bits and pieces you might hear. And lets not turn it into another "NEILSON OUt" thread - we've got enough of those, I think everyone's feelings are quite clear, and what will be will be at the moment. 

Peace all ✌️

I'd keep Roberts, he has a good cross on him and not surprised he's done well at Motherwell. And I believe Naismith can still contribute in the top league in a bit part role. I wouldn't bother keeping Gnaduillet, there's nothing there and id like to see us sign a better all-round player

Batistuta87
34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Calum Paterson? Still dunno where he plays but I'd definitely take him 👍🏻

Missed Gallagher off my list but have mentioned him several times before and would also get a 👍🏻 from me.

Shankland would be a weird one. Don't think he's quite handled the step up to the Prem and I'm sure would command a no bad fee as well. 

Batistuta87
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Haha of course. Though with Zeefuik retired and Cummings on a long term deal at Dundee you would think that would stop, but it wont stop some...

Definitely won't 😂

Just now, heartmussel said:

Louis Moult name keeps popping up,will Boyce be staying🤷‍♂️

Think Boyce came here because his wife is from here but could be wrong, Moult was a great player two years ago before injuries hit him so could easily be another Aidy White

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Declan?

Just googled him, the mental ch at Motherwell?

I've no idea how good he is, don't think I've seen Motherwell play this season.

We need a CH tho.

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

ooh that one, I thought it was the young guy from Rangers.

Our Paterson would  add something to us, Maybe the Robbie connection will help us?

Or Maybe, after being told not to cross the halfway way line he won't fancy it. 😁

42 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Relegation, club in financial difficulty and homesickness all factors.  Think it’s a longish shot but no harm in sounding him out which is what we have done. Will be an expensive loan deal for us though. 

26 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Calum Paterson? Still dunno where he plays but I'd definitely take him 👍🏻

Missed Gallagher off my list but have mentioned him several times before and would also get a 👍🏻 from me.

Shankland would be a weird one. Don't think he's quite handled the step up to the Prem and I'm sure would command a no bad fee as well. 

No-one after him it seems, certainly no-one with lots of money to spend on him, and United would like to get a huge earner off their books. Has been hindered by injuries this season and Neilson is a big fan after last season. 

17 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Think Boyce came here because his wife is from here but could be wrong, Moult was a great player two years ago before injuries hit him so could easily be another Aidy White

Correct on first point, not so sure on second point. There is a link to Savage who signed him for PNE. 

If we could sign, Declan Gallagher (CB), Adam Campbell (CM), Regan Hendry (CM), Kyle Lafferty (CF), Josh Edwards (LB) & Euan Murray (CB) - I think that would add a good mix of quality and hungry young players, I mean, we also have Gordon, Souttar, Halkett, Halliday, Smith, Walker, Boyce, Kingsley, Haring & GMS so I think that would look a pretty strong squad. I think Edwards & Hendry are two we should be pushing for given Campbell would be a minor miracle to get done & Kingsley hasn't signed a long term deal so could be looking to replace this time next year. 

Stevie May might be worth a look too. 

Kind of tough to find any wingers. If Nicholson fancied coming back up the road, I'd definitely be keen to see him back. Ginnelly is an obvious one, but we may need another. Might be worth keeping an eye on the academies of the English clubs and seeing who is getting released. 

Just now, OTT said:

If we could sign, Declan Gallagher (CB), Adam Campbell (CM), Regan Hendry (CM), Kyle Lafferty (CF), Josh Edwards (LB) & Euan Murray (CB) - I think that would add a good mix of quality and hungry young players, I mean, we also have Gordon, Souttar, Halkett, Halliday, Smith, Walker, Boyce, Kingsley, Haring & GMS so I think that would look a pretty strong squad. I think Edwards & Hendry are two we should be pushing for given Campbell would be a minor miracle to get done & Kingsley hasn't signed a long term deal so could be looking to replace this time next year. 

Stevie May might be worth a look too. 

Kind of tough to find any wingers. If Nicholson fancied coming back up the road, I'd definitely be keen to see him back. Ginnelly is an obvious one, but we may need another. Might be worth keeping an eye on the academies of the English clubs and seeing who is getting released. 

Nicholson could be looking to move as relegation looms. 

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No-one after him it seems, certainly no-one with lots of money to spend on him, and United would like to get a huge earner off their books. Has been hindered by injuries this season and Neilson is a big fan after last season. 

Saw a story a while ago saying he'd changed agents too and you don't do that if you're planning to stay put. His market value will have plummeted after the season he's had. 

46 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We need a CH tho.

That’s him. I like mental folk. Folk with a bit of an edge to them. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We need a CH tho.

He was outstanding with Halkett at Livi. We signed the wrong one. Did well for Scotland as well.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Relegation, club in financial difficulty and homesickness all factors.  Think it’s a longish shot but no harm in sounding him out which is what we have done. Will be an expensive loan deal for us though. 

Heard he's on £12k p/w at Cardiff, and considering they're skint I'd assume they'll want a fairly decent contribution. 

Rick Sanchez
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Heard he's on £12k p/w at Cardiff, and considering they're skint I'd assume they'll want a fairly decent contribution. 

I think he's on his way to League One with Sheff Wed.

10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Plays for the Owls these days. They are skint as well. 

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think he's on his way to League One with Sheff Wed.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Plays for the Owls these days. They are skint as well. 

My mistake 👍🏻

Edited by Batistuta87

merseyjambo

The few times I’ve seen him on TV, I liked the look of the CH at St Johnstone, McCart (think his dad was a CH at Motherwell)

Lad at work is mahoosive Accrington fan and is quite well connected at club. He keeps raving about a striker there called Dion Charles. Has been recently called up into NI squad. Likely to be out of our price range but if not, I’d be happy if he turned up.

Also think we should look in lower leagues in England. Lot of players will be looking to move due to wage capping. Hopefully Savage can use his contacts to pick up a couple of decent signings

BackOfTheNet

OP lots of good points, wholeheartedly disagree on Halliday and Gnanduillet though. If Halliday hangs around as a utility sub fair enough, but I don’t want him anywhere near a first XI team in the Premiership. Gnanduillet is not lazy in the slightest, not sure where that has come from. Also, would say Roberts being written off despite performing well in (literally) a league above seems like living in the pub chat past (whats app group chat these days?) that doesn’t hold up to much scrutiny. Saying that, if Neilson is to remain manager it doesn’t matter as we have seen (with players like Roberts) he doesn’t know how to get the best out of players or tactically approach well at all.

And as for the names being banded about by various people, underwhelmed to say the least. Not surprised it took only one post for Lafferty to come up mind. Can we have some people claiming to be ITK to start the rumour train and come up with some random that we’ve never heard of that has been on Savage’s radar so we can search YouTube, instagram and Wikipedia etc?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

That’s him. I like mental folk. Folk with a bit of an edge to them. 

Me too, unless you are in a pub on your 6th pint with them.

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

OP lots of good points, wholeheartedly disagree on Halliday and Gnanduillet though. If Halliday hangs around as a utility sub fair enough, but I don’t want him anywhere near a first XI team in the Premiership. Gnanduillet is not lazy in the slightest, not sure where that has come from. Also, would say Roberts being written off despite performing well in (literally) a league above seems like living in the pub chat past (whats app group chat these days?) that doesn’t hold up to much scrutiny. Saying that, if Neilson is to remain manager it doesn’t matter as we have seen (with players like Roberts) he doesn’t know how to get the best out of players or tactically approach well at all.

And as for the names being banded about by various people, underwhelmed to say the least. Not surprised it took only one post for Lafferty to come up mind. Can we have some people claiming to be ITK to start the rumour train and come up with some random that we’ve never heard of that has been on Savage’s radar so we can search YouTube, instagram and Wikipedia etc?

I'd keep Halliday as a utility / squad player but genuinely think he'll be different when fans are back and there's a bit of noise. Think he'll be more aggressive, will get stuck in and will generally just try harder, and I think people might think differently of him this time next year. 

In Gnando's case, I've noticed probably 3 or 4 times where he's just stood still and allowed play to pass him by. I don't know if he's been knackered or whatever, but he should be fit now and as I say, it appeared lazy. When he can be bothered he does run a lot though. He's very hot and cold in that regard, I think.

And it's absolutely no surprise that Lafferty is being mentioned surely? He's out of contract at the end of the season, he's still scoring goals, he loved it here and we loved having him. As long as he's playing, he's going to show up on these wish lists. He's on mine right now as a quick solution for next season. Would take him for a season without question. 

Lastly, I've written Roberts off because one way or another he has not performed at all for Hearts. He has shown absolutely nothing for us. 

Edited by Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'd keep Halliday as a utility / squad player but genuinely think he'll be different when fans are back and there's a bit of noise. Think he'll be more aggressive, will get stuck in and will generally just try harder, and I think people might think differently of him this time next year. 

In Gnando's case, I've noticed probably 3 or 4 times where he's just stood still and allowed play to pass him by. I don't know if he's been knackered or whatever, but he should be fit now and as I say, it appeared lazy. When he can be bothered he does run a lot though. He's very hot and cold in that regard, I think.

And it's absolutely no surprise that Lafferty is being mentioned surely? He's out of contract at the end of the season, he's still scoring goals, he loved it here and we loved having him. As long as he's playing, he's going to show up on these wish lists. He's on mine right now as a quick solution for next season. Would take him for a season without question. 

Lastly, I've written Roberts off because one way or another he has not performed at all for Hearts. He has shown absolutely nothing for us. 

Hope you’re right about Halliday but all I saw when reading that paragraph is yellow

and red cards aplenty. I just think he has his limitations and we can do way better at left back (as Kingsley already is) and as the senior central midfielder for most of the season he didn’t enforce himself on games enough to control the midfield.

I think Gnanduillet stands out more because of his size. It’s hard to miss him so is more apparent what he does or doesn’t do. No player runs 100% on the pitch, especially strikers. And to be honest on Tuesday night he was noticeable because he put himself out there as a focal point and made himself available for passes constantly. And as much as we all like Boyce, you couldn’t say that for him. Forgot he was playing for most of the 2nd half.

The Lafferty thing wasn’t aimed at you specifically, I’m just tired of him (and a few others) getting mentioned by people every window. We should be looking at other people, especially younger and with more to offer for longer.

Roberts showing nothing is a bit of Hearts support myth to be honest. He hardly set the world alight at Tynecastle, true. But I’m not going to judge home solely by his performances in maroon, particularly when playing under Neilson who obviously didn’t manage him well and he has been playing well (for Well) since he last played for us. Surely when judging a player their most recent outings should be the first thing to look at. Especially, as I say, when

playing the league above us.

This season I was impressed by Obilaye from qots, who scored twice against us, and looked solid defensively.  Don't know how he's done in general, but seems to play centre back or defensive mid, and he's scored 7 I think.

Can't say there have been any other stand outs from our championship games.  Probably my own lack of knowledge of other teams rather than a total absence of talent tho! 

Finlay James
3 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

Josh McPake. 

Good player, are you hearing were after him?

Batistuta87
29 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hope you’re right about Halliday but all I saw when reading that paragraph is yellow

and red cards aplenty. I just think he has his limitations and we can do way better at left back (as Kingsley already is) and as the senior central midfielder for most of the season he didn’t enforce himself on games enough to control the midfield.

I think Gnanduillet stands out more because of his size. It’s hard to miss him so is more apparent what he does or doesn’t do. No player runs 100% on the pitch, especially strikers. And to be honest on Tuesday night he was noticeable because he put himself out there as a focal point and made himself available for passes constantly. And as much as we all like Boyce, you couldn’t say that for him. Forgot he was playing for most of the 2nd half.

The Lafferty thing wasn’t aimed at you specifically, I’m just tired of him (and a few others) getting mentioned by people every window. We should be looking at other people, especially younger and with more to offer for longer.

Roberts showing nothing is a bit of Hearts support myth to be honest. He hardly set the world alight at Tynecastle, true. But I’m not going to judge home solely by his performances in maroon, particularly when playing under Neilson who obviously didn’t manage him well and he has been playing well (for Well) since he last played for us. Surely when judging a player their most recent outings should be the first thing to look at. Especially, as I say, when

playing the league above us.

Honestly I'd take the odd booking and sending off if it meant him getting stuck in and playing with some passion. One of the best games he had was against Celtic, because he cared. Just think he'd be like that every week with the crowd riling him up. 

Fair point about Gnando but I don't like seeing players standing still, and I've noticed him doing that a lot. As I say, letting play pass him by and just not getting involved. 

Agree to disagree about Roberts 👍🏻 - I wouldn't be overly fussed if he left. I hear Motherwell fans are quite indifferent about him too so don't know how well he is actually doing. 

Joey Ramone

Scott McMann from Hamilton Accies would be a great addition to the team, tall, athletic,  experienced in Premiership, plenty of pace and can play in several positions, also out of contract, no brainer 

8 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Good player, are you hearing were after him?

Nope. Sadly nothing ITK.

Nothing more than the fact that I like him but can’t see him being in Rangers 1st team, just yet. 

I’ve watched him lots this season. If he’s back in English League football next season, he’ll have a great year. 

He’s got pace and runs at defenders. Doesn’t hide from challenges and scores goals. 

Like any young winger he wants the ball at his feet and needs to learn to release it sooner sometimes. 

No means a finished product but exactly the type of player to give Hearts some energy and desire. 

He also looks like he doesn’t wear shin pads. 🤔

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***