***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

SM Sheffield
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’ve seen a few comments from their fans saying he’s sh*te or that they don’t want to keep him which surprised me.

Realise you didn’t have a great end to the season last year but wanted to understand what changed as I thought he was your only goal threat?

Paterson hasn’t been great if I’m honest but he was one of many players in the squad last season that were like that. Not the worst player but ok at best.

I’m not sure he will be a regular starter even in League 1 next season. Paterson definitely  suffers from not really having a position nailed down, he has played everywhere which is to his own detriment, and I don’t think the manager rates him as a forward. I don’t really see where he fits in the system Moore has planned but Windass has just got injured so Wednesday are short of forwards. 

To be honest I think if a reasonable offer came in the club would happily accept it so they could get him off the wage bill. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I've just started salivating 

You mean slavering surely its what people are best at on here 😉

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I've just started salivating 

Seems so unlikely but would be a huge statement if we got him in.  Can but dream I guess. 

indianajones
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Erm...👀

Screenshot_20210804-163635_Instagram.jpg

Would be incredible if he came back but i still cant see it. 

If it was a choice between Shankland or Patterson, it'd be Patterson every day of the week and twice on Saturdays. 

Personally, I doubt either are possible. 

Ainsley Harriott
25 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Wonder if we would offer as much as 500k cash to match bids for Shankland.

I guess it would be United’s caul-if-lower  bids are accepted.

Not a chance 

Rather James Scott arrived given St Mirren have withdrawn from a transfer..............seems someone has offered the player more.

I wonder who ?

BackOfTheNet

Nice to see when the Shankland rumours look to be nonsense after a bid comes in we would never match that everyone swiftly moves on to discussing Paterson. (Or as I like to call him, ‘One T’)

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Rather James Scott arrived given St Mirren have withdrawn from a transfer..............seems someone has offered the player more.

I wonder who ?

The press picking names of interested clubs out of a hat I think. If we want him we will get him I’d think. 

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Nice to see when the Shankland rumours look to be nonsense after a bid comes in we would never match that everyone swiftly moves on to discussing Paterson. (Or as I like to call him, ‘One T’)

Jeff Stelling pronouncing the first part of his surname as Pater (like in mater and pater) used to irritate me. 

August Landmesser
14 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Think it was a story or whatever they are called but i can't see it on there either. Maybe he has been asked to take it down so as not to ruin the surprise? 🤞 

It was posted on the 'We are the gorgie boys' account as an 'on this day' video, so maybe he just liked it, and now legs and arms have sprung out.

Or maybe he liked it because he's coming home to help win us the league....

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Looked on Callum p Instagram and can’t see that picture unless he deleted it

It looks like a story reshare

heartmussel

If he had any faint hopes of getting back into a Scotland squad,I think it would only be possible if he came back north.

Have it from a very good source that some back room staff at Dundee Utd have not been paid their salaries this month. This may point to Utd looking to offload a high earner.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Excuses? It’s an opinion on another team and you’ll find there’s been plenty bemoaning(prior to Neilson’s current spell) during the last few years of how our forwards lacked service from what was behind them. 

I think people see we look more dangerous and have better players out wide to provide better threat and service, currently. 

Also, criticism and praise fluctuates from one moment to the next in football. Some poor wee souls can’t accept or handle that.  

Just get a bit triggered with the love-ins for the likes of Cummings and Shankland (who are still after all these years unproven at a good level) at the same time as writing off players like Gnando or McEneff after a dozen games.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Where would Paterson even play? 

Everywhere! He'd be a perfect option for RWB in games we're likely to be on the front foot in particular, plus a good option to push up front if needed and even give him a go at AM and CB.

Rick Sanchez

Paterson would be a quality over quantity Swiss army knife.

RWB and push Smith inside.

Cover for Boyce up front.

Right winger to win diagonal headers and flick ons for Boyce when pace isn't working.

I'd even trust him at centre back tbh. Never happening just now. I did hold out hope when I thought he could get out of his contract when they weren't being paid.

Ibrahim Tall
2 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I simply compared Shanklands record in the premiership for his current club to Boyce’s record for his current club.

I know how many Boyce scored for Ross County. You should maybe have checked before you claimed he scored 20+ for two years.

I stick by the argument that both Shankland and Boyce bring more to a team than just goals and that Shankland would be a good signing for our squad.

You do realise Boyce scored ~20 a season for Ross County for 2 years in the Premier? 

‘~’ doesn’t mean ‘+’.  

By all means keep digging that hole you’re in though. Boyce being as ‘unproven’ as Shankland is nonsense whatever ending you want to stick on it. :laugh: Be aswell claiming Shanklands more proven in the SPL than Messi.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Right winger to win diagonal headers and flick ons for Boyce when pace isn't working.

I'd even trust him at centre back tbh. Never happening just now. I did hold out hope when I thought he could get out of his contract when they weren't being paid.

Plenty time for him to come back. He's still 2 years off his peak age. He's definitely good enough in the air to play RCB in a back 3, and be able to break forward like Tierney does from LCB.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

You do realise Boyce scored ~20 a season for Ross County for 2 years in the Premier? 

‘~’ doesn’t mean ‘+’.  

By all means keep digging that hole you’re in though. Boyce being as ‘unproven’ as Shankland is nonsense whatever ending you want to stick on it. :laugh: Be aswell claiming Shanklands more proven in the SPL than Messi.

Boyce's international career is certainly more impressive than Shankland's as well. At a time when Scotland is desperate for strikers Shankland isn't even in the squad. Boyce would be first choice for Scotland if we were lucky enough to have him.

Edit: If we sign Shankland I reserve the right to change my opinion. We would be his first big club though so the best test of his ability.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Kalamazoo Jambo
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Where would Paterson even play? 

Tynecastle most likely. A few away grounds too.

6 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lafferty: he had 2, one for normal teams and one for the green mobs. Green mob was to stand in front of them and salute. second was he would run and jump and at the same time pump one hand off his chest.

Naismith: Makes a bubble-bursting motion

Walker: loves a run to the corner flag

Boyce: Makes a shape with his hand and fingers to the crowd, looks like an  "A" or something?

Just a few haha. But then i'm weird when it comes to celebrations.  Like see when players would stick their thumb in their mouth, i used to go off my nut at them. totally ruined the great goal they just scored., 

Best of all was Dr Funk, and wondering what daft celebration he was going to do whenever he scored.

Robbo-Jambo
21 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Only CG would keep him out of a starting eleven. 😄

Callum Patterson would have to take a huge pay cut to join us, and we certainly wouldn't be the only team interested in him from Scotland or England. 

But if and it's a big if 😉 if james wanted a guaranteed 3rd place finish this season, then signing Dr funk would just about guarantee it😁

And he would certainly be a better option upfront than Gnanduillet, and he's a very versatile player can play midfield and defence too. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Only CG would keep him out of a starting eleven. 😄

hes a beast, teams up here would not be able to cope with dr funk physically. If I could pick one player he would be it.  Sadly I can’t see it

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Boyce's international career is certainly more impressive than Shankland's as well. At a time when Scotland is desperate for strikers Shankland isn't even in the squad. Boyce would be first choice for Scotland if we were lucky enough to have him.

I really like Boyce for us, but that is insane.

Aside from the fact he has 2 goals in 28 at international level, Dykes, Adams, Nisbet and (yes) McBurnie would be ahead of him.

Hackney Hearts
Just now, DC_92 said:

Dykes, Adams, Nisbet and (yes) McBurnie would be ahead of him.

You've taken that too far.

Not sure I agree with the first three, but I certainly hope McB doesn't play for Scotland again.

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I really like Boyce for us, but that is insane.

Aside from the fact he has 2 goals in 28 at international level, Dykes, Adams, Nisbet and (yes) McBurnie would be ahead of him.

Some sense on this thread, finally! 

4 hours ago, maroon said:

Please say there’s something behind these Paterson rumours

There's nothing, just someone posted a picture a few pages of him doing a daft goal scoring celebration, presumably in relation to the criticism from some at Gnando's muted celebrations.  Next thing, people are talking about him coming back to Hearts, and where we should play him 😂

Not a rumour or anything but I noticed that Popescu was posting from Dunnottar Castle (next to Stonehaven) on his Instagram today.

May just have been a random roadtrip to a castle 100 miles away or he may have been in the area anyway (Cove Rangers the nearest club to there).

Just now, number-16 said:

Not a rumour or anything but I noticed that Popescu was posting from Dunnottar Castle (next to Stonehaven) on his Instagram today.

May just have been a random roadtrip to a castle 100 miles away or he may have been in the area anyway (Cove Rangers the nearest club to there).

Brechin not too far away 😀

Hungry hippo
Just now, number-16 said:

He's been to every tourist attraction in the UK by the looks of his Insta so wouldn't read anything into that.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***