***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

David Black
21 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If that's the case then I'm sure he'd be demanding the same rushed signings some seem to be demanding on here because we/he needs to hit the ground running. On the other hand, maybe he doesn't read Kickback and is content to go along with Savage's wait to sign the best players we can get, even if that means we start the season weaker than we might be by the end of August.

We may well have to start the season weaker than we might be, but no one can deny the squad at present is better than most with the exception of the OF and possibly Hibs. RN and our esteemed board of directors will be more than aware that RN is one or two poor results away from fan unrest again. Time will tell. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, pointon said:

What happened to the signings that Robbie said not all of them will be like Pele surely they don’t fall in to the category of quality?

Just because they might not be Pele doesn't mean they might not be quality.

I don't care if our new Centerhalf can do a rainbow flick over a player and rabona it into the top corner from 30 yards.

I just want a big 6ft 3 monster with a nose like Steve Bruce's who takes no prisoners and doesn't let anyone past him. 

I think that's what he's on about tbf. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

"Josh Ginnelly - 3

Seems a likable lad with good energy but we just haven't seen him. Enjoying his time at Hearts by all accounts and could well end up moving their permanently given his contract at PNE is up this summer. MISS."

Daft *****.

One man's rubbish is another man's treasure. 

complete control
1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

The whelms patter is no longer funny. 

You should have deleted the word longer 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Josh Ginnelly - 3

Seems a likable lad with good energy but we just haven't seen him. Enjoying his time at Hearts by all accounts and could well end up moving their permanently given his contract at PNE is up this summer. MISS."

Daft *****.

‘Moving their permanently’ - unforgivable!! 🙁

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

5 year plan, reviewed quarterly is the same as a 3 month plan Tbh. 

Long term is far more important than the short term imo , but we need to start delivering and progressing. 

Promotion was the first step in that, now we need to kick on and never be in that situation again. 

Hibs are irrelevant in what we do, their successes and failures don't correlate with ours in any way 

Folk forge that the first 2.5 years of Budges tenure was a success. 

We've also been to two cup finals. 

I  think demotion was ridiculous for a club like ours but now we're moving forward again. 

To move forwards we need a manager who is accountable for results and performance levels  …  

Under Budge, this has not been the case. 

To move forwards we need a strong squad to cope with inevitable injuries and to be ready for the start of the season …..

The squad is weak in key positions  with a reliance on players who have most unfortunate injury records.

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yip, centre back being the number one priority.

We have been looking at at least one, but be prepared to be on the under side of whelmed if he is signed.

BackOfTheNet

Ironically, the “whelms patter” wouldn’t even be a thing if we were signing anyone. So the question would be is it the “patter” that is annoying, or is it the lack of signings?

Ccjambo1874

My only concern with signings coming in late is that they may take a few games to bed in. And given its quite a difficult run of games if we don't start well the expectation on them to perform will increase. If they bed in and the players mentality starts to drop as a result of a potentially poor start we could find ourselves again in a malaise. If we start well it could of course be the opposite.

I'd like to think that we drew with celtic in 90 and edged hibs in the semi that the squad may be more suited to these types of games where its more open and the opposition is slightly better than those that sat in last season against us. Granted the opposition we have faced so far aren't on par with the teams we will play in the league there are some positive signs we can break teams down whilst not giving much away but as mentioned above this won't be the case against Premiership teams.

I'm very trepidous about the time it has taken for the players to sign as by the time they do hit the ground running it there's no guarantee the first  round of games played would result in us being in a good position in the league.

Hopefully I'm just being overly concerned but I'm sure there a lot of fans still on the fence about how we will start this season given the performances last season.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

To move forwards we need a manager who is accountable for results and performance levels  …  

Under Budge, this has not been the case. 

To move forwards we need a strong squad to cope with inevitable injuries and to be ready for the start of the season …..

The squad is weak in key positions  with a reliance on players who have most unfortunate injury records.

Time will tell. 

Gordon Ramsay
26 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We have been looking at at least one, but be prepared to be on the under side of whelmed if he is signed.

Well I for one am shocked at this news... 

Gordon Ramsay
17 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

My only concern with signings coming in late is that they may take a few games to bed in. And given its quite a difficult run of games if we don't start well the expectation on them to perform will increase. If they bed in and the players mentality starts to drop as a result of a potentially poor start we could find ourselves again in a malaise. If we start well it could of course be the opposite.

I'd like to think that we drew with celtic in 90 and edged hibs in the semi that the squad may be more suited to these types of games where its more open and the opposition is slightly better than those that sat in last season against us. Granted the opposition we have faced so far aren't on par with the teams we will play in the league there are some positive signs we can break teams down whilst not giving much away but as mentioned above this won't be the case against Premiership teams.

I'm very trepidous about the time it has taken for the players to sign as by the time they do hit the ground running it there's no guarantee the first  round of games played would result in us being in a good position in the league.

Hopefully I'm just being overly concerned but I'm sure there a lot of fans still on the fence about how we will start this season given the performances last season.

Mentioned this yesterday. We've taken too long now. Even if players do come in next week they will be catching up. It's imperative we get off to a good start. 

On the flip side a poor start may mean Neilson is one step closer to the trapdoor. 

28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You’re a poster I pay attention to so that sounds a bit of a worry. Are we talking slightly under or kb meltdown levels? 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We've got three key players, Gordon, Soapy and Boyce. A long term injury to any of them and we're chapping. Especially if we lose Soapy, then we're playing with Halkett and Popescu. So aye, he better start getting deals done. 

Agree, but I'd add in Smith and GMS in. 

The club imo will see them in a similar way. 

10 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

I didn't realise that there was a pants wetting Friday on JKB.

:lol: it's pant wetting day everyday 

Heartsofgold
38 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Very much there already FF.

Heartsofgold
9 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

You’re a poster I pay attention to so that sounds a bit of a worry. Are we talking slightly under or kb meltdown levels? 

One and the same thing mate.

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Four faces said:

ex Motherwell?

No Idea, I meant the whelm side of FF's comment.

Malinga the Swinga
45 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Put a name to him then, or it's just another load of BS.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

I didn't realise that there was a pants wetting Friday on JKB.

They'll be folk drowning in their own froth and piss at this rate. 

Robbo-Jambo
47 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Sounds like another Pospecu. 🙁

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Put a name to him then, or it's just another load of BS.

Hmmm.  FF has always been a responsible poster with a fact based knowledge of the club.  Maybe cut him a break?

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Cheap as chips mind. 

So are the other cart horses sent to the glue factory.

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I naturally include myself...

As we all should.  One for all and all that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
50 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

If they’re good players, that shouldn’t matter.

I’d be far more concerned about us actually signing good players.

heartandsoul
35 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Mentioned this yesterday. We've taken too long now. Even if players do come in next week they will be catching up. It's imperative we get off to a good start. 

On the flip side a poor start may mean Neilson is one step closer to the trapdoor. 

This

36 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Why are they rating players were who haven't even played for them? 

Ginnelly - 3

Never played a game for them

Guy who played 2 minutes of a game for them - 3

That grading system is mad

Probably because if a player is signed but hardly/never plays for the first team then it's hardly been a worthwhile signing has it? 

Makes perfect sense tbh. 

heartsfc_fan
36 minutes ago, Four faces said:

ex Motherwell?

I'll just chuck a name out there (not ITK):

Sherwin Seedorf. Ex Motherwell winger.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Sounds like another Pospecu. 🙁

I was excited when we signed Popescu. Went to the garden centre and had it in my mind we'd signed him. Still am he'll come good you watch 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I see nothing there to support the supreme confidence some people have in Savage. Worryingly this paragraph is starting to sound familiar, albeit that could be down to Preston and Hearts tightening purse strings:

“The last 18 months will have been frustrating for him in terms of recruitment, with the club only bringing in two players over that time period despite working hard to identify targets.”

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, rudi must stay said:

I was excited when we signed Popescu. Went to the garden centre and had it in my mind we'd signed him. Still am he'll come good you watch 

He is not exactly getting much game time and we are actively looking for another centre back.

BackOfTheNet

It’s gonna be Jake Hastie isn’t it? The thread is going to go full circle.

Personally I would be a tad under… what’s the word?

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s gonna be Jake Hastie isn’t it? The thread is going to go full circle.

Personally I would be a tad under… what’s the word?

Linas Pililbaites to return 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Why do I have a horrible feeling we're looking at Efe Ambrose?

Cut The Crap
6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I see nothing there to support the supreme confidence some people have in Savage. Worryingly this paragraph is starting to sound familiar, albeit that could be down to Preston and Hearts tightening purse strings:

“The last 18 months will have been frustrating for him in terms of recruitment, with the club only bringing in two players over that time period despite working hard to identify targets.”

:interehjrling:

One thing is for sure it just goes to show the couple of posters on here who are supposedly ITK no absolutely nothing and have been having blind stabs in the dark 

The player we were meant to have signed on a pre contract back in January was another wild guess

On the plus side starting with same squad there’s a good chance we might be looking for a new manger come September 

19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Didn’t do Dave Mackay any harm playing Juniors. When at Hearts. 

It did for Graham Hogg the story's he was telling me when at Linlithgow Rose 

Think they expected some sort of superstar to walk in the changing room because Man Utd were on his CV 

😂

davemclaren
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

It did for Graham Hogg the story's he was telling me when at Linlithgow Rose 

Think they expected some sort of superstar to walk in the changing room because Man Utd were on his CV 

😂

They certainly did get a shock then. Of course, we thought that as well. 😄

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, andrew said:

Why do I have a horrible feeling we're looking at Efe Ambrose?

FFS no please 🙁

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, David Black said:

We may well have to start the season weaker than we might be, but no one can deny the squad at present is better than most with the exception of the OF and possibly Hibs. RN and our esteemed board of directors will be more than aware that RN is one or two poor results away from fan unrest again. Time will tell. 

I have no idea how strong the other clubs' squads are, with the possible exception of Motherwell who looked truly dire against Airdrie, but I'm not convinced the players currently at our disposal are good enough for Neilson to be judged on by the end of the first 9 games unless he is able to strengthen our squad, substantially, and I certainly cannot imagine that, if his future as Hearts manager relies on his performance in these first 9 games, he wouldn't be desperate to sign 3 or 4 players that are at least as good as our current best 2 or 3 players. Neilson will be as desperate as we all are for new, quality, players, and while it may well be frustrating for us all that no new signings have been made, other than Cochrane (who has hardly shown as 'quality', yet!) I think we should all be sure that Neilson is just as desperate and frustrated by this - unless he knows that things are happening that will please him, and us.

Robbie has left the pre match press conference to Lee Mculloch this week, either he is busy welcoming our new superstars or in hiding.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***