***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

43 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not ITK but Stuart Findlay on loan with option to buy or permanent in January. Not much of the MLS regular season to go and he's not been featuring much. Left-sided CB we tried to get previously.

Him or gazzumpigng Hibs for Jamie McCart with help from "benefactors".

Mccart is an interesting one for January 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Renoir said:

Noticed Barrie Mckay looks to be a free agent, would be low risk, potential high reward signing.

Not a bad shout, although he's another great example of a player who has a few good games for the OF at young age and gets hyped up to the rafters, including getting a Scotland call-up. Also see Lewis MacLeod. Wonder what he's up to?

20 minutes ago, Renoir said:

Noticed Barrie Mckay looks to be a free agent, would be low risk, potential high reward signing.

Sure I seen killie were interested in him 

53 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Bongo's favourite activities are posting YouTube videos of players we aren't going to sign and saying "Welcome to Hearts, (player)👍", just after the press report we're close to signing that player.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

😂👍

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's very right footed. 

A Player Savage rates very highly, and with them bringing in Poveda on loan from Leeds his game time isn't guaranteed. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

weegie jambo
22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A Player Savage rates very highly, and with them bringing in Poveda on loan from Leeds his game time isn't guaranteed. 

Total show pony, all flash and no end product, no thanks!

BackOfTheNet

Well, ‘twas the night before transfermas, remember folks - whether you get 1 transfer as promised or 4-6 as others have claimed will happen - be grateful for what we have. 1 more sleep!

Looking forward to deadline day now. Expecting to see several coming in and several going out.  Exciting times to be a Hearts fan, thanks to Ann Budge and FoH for making it possible.

Josh Sims for an attacking player? 

24yr old Winger, final year of contract at Southampton. 

Been on loan for past seasons. 

6 goals, 9 assists in 34 games at Doncaster last year

OR

Patrick Roberts is now a viable option if say. He's stagnated since he was at Celtic and City are willing to let him go for free with a sell on %

OR

If we fail to get any in then Guy Melamed is still a free agent. 

Had a goal or assist every other game for St Johnstone last season 

Bit older at 28, but would give us cover for all front three 

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Undoubtedly we go after players and they turn us down. Charlie Mulgrew does not fall into that category. But you’re adamant it does, hence my doubts about your posts. Nothing against you or anything, just once bitten and all that, them’s the breaks.

Will explain how the deal for Dolan would happen and Curtis, been busy mate sorry. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Like everyone else, I’m expecting a busy day today. Doesn’t sound like we are getting the RWB a lot of us wanted but hopeful on a new forward. 

With rumours that Walker and McEneff could be going I’m surprised nobody has heard anything solid about that. I know we aren’t leaking anything but other clubs still are. For that reason I think they’re both staying for now. 

50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Like everyone else, I’m expecting a busy day today. Doesn’t sound like we are getting the RWB a lot of us wanted but hopeful on a new forward. 

With rumours that Walker and McEneff could be going I’m surprised nobody has heard anything solid about that. I know we aren’t leaking anything but other clubs still are. For that reason I think they’re both staying for now. 

I can’t see Walker and Mceneff going out on loan - that would leave us with around 15-16 1st team players and would be back to having no depth - the issue we were trying to address in the first place. Injuries will happen and it’s a long season 🤷‍♂️

Morning Jambos.

Right then Robbie & Savage, lets be having you lads. Get them deals done!!!

Bring on the Screen refresh smashathon!

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I'm going into this day as being pessimistic. Devlin will be announced and if we get 1 other it will be a bonus.

Pessimistic is thinking we will only get one more, your bonus is already banked. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I'm going into this day as being pessimistic. Devlin will be announced and if we get 1 other it will be a bonus.

If not just a 3rd choice 'keeper I'd agree.

Tempting as it is to anticipate an exciting day of multi signings it probably won't be. 

It needn't be either. This has been a great window even if Devlin and goalie 3 are the only further additions.

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

I can’t see Walker and Mceneff going out on loan - that would leave us with around 15-16 1st team players and would be back to having no depth - the issue we were trying to address in the first place. Injuries will happen and it’s a long season 🤷‍♂️

That makes sense to me. In the case of McEneff, If you look at our central midfield, although they are all a bit different from one another, they tend to do a similar job. From what I've read Devlin is a bit of an aggressive ball winner and Pollock is still very young. Aaron, being more of an attacking player definitely offers us something different.

There is no point in me talking about Walker because whatever I say I'll just be saying the opposite in 2-3 weeks time 🙂

8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Were we the only team in for him, yet I messaged a poster on here through pm that he was up in Edinburgh 🤔 even though Anderson was saying he would sign at the weekend but we had him in the sqaud for the weekend 🤔

Erm okay. 

I can confirm that bongo must be some form of ITK as I received a pm regarding Moore being in Edinburgh from him days before he signed

10 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

The irony is that we couldn’t even have this debate if not for AB as the club wouldn’t exist!   I’ve been as frustrated as anybody with her failure and poor decision making on the footballing side but today of all days,  she simply deserves immense credit.   It’s just not possible to equate saving the club and underperforming as chair, it just doesn’t square.   We’re in a good place off the pitch and now hopefully building a team we can be proud off. 

Good post mate 👍 Everyone makes mistakes, it’s the smart ones that learn from them… it looks like we have 🤞

BackOfTheNet
52 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I'm going into this day as being pessimistic. Devlin will be announced and if we get 1 other it will be a bonus.

This is my tactic.

Otherwise, if folk are to be believed, with the numerous incomings and outgoings there would be updates at least every hour on the hour from around midday until close of the window from Hearts. Can’t see that happening.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

9 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

24hrs of the window left. Manager and CEO quoted saying there's definitely signings coming in. If I was ITK I would be sticking neck on the line right now to deliver a name and cementing my status! Do we have any ITKs out there to get us excited?

@Jamboj1 is the one to listen to.

BackOfTheNet

Actually, in terms of outgoings, what are the rules again about loaning players to lower division clubs? They have an extended window for loans from top flight don’t they?

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Actually, in terms of outgoings, what are the rules again about loaning players to lower division clubs? They have an extended window for loans from top flight don’t they?

An extra month I believe.

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This is my tactic.

Otherwise, if folk are to be believed, with the numerous incomings and outgoings there would be updates at least every hour on the hour from around midday until close of the window from Hearts. Can’t see that happening.

I have had too many transfer windows where I have expected many signings after seeing talk on here only to be at best 1 or 2 (think January was 2.) So better to expect the worst.

One thing I would ask Hearts, even if signed earlier in the day, if you make more than 1 signing today, leave the announcement till the end of the window. Keeps the excitement through the whole day.

Bad Religion
18 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

I can confirm that bongo must be some form of ITK as I received a pm regarding Moore being in Edinburgh from him days before he signed

Hi Bongo

Just now, Bad Religion said:

Hi Bongo

Again, I can confirm I'm not bongo either. I wouldn't like to be that guy due to the abuse he takes for passing on the info he does

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

An extra month I believe.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I have had too many transfer windows where I have expected many signings after seeing talk on here only to be at best 1 or 2 (think January was 2.) So better to expect the worst.

One thing I would ask Hearts, even if signed earlier in the day, if you make more than 1 signing today, leave the announcement till the end of the window. Keeps the excitement through the whole day.

Yeah, personally I’m only expecting Devl-in. No idea who’ll be going out. Any other incomings though would be interesting towards end of the day. Rather than an announcement at 5 or 6 that business is done for the day.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Cheers

Yeah, personally I’m only expecting Devl-in. No idea who’ll be going out. Any other incomings though would be interesting towards the window. Rather than an announcement at 5 or 6 that business is done for the day.

Yeah, my view agree.

Though I think outgoings will be interesting. We know the youngsters we want to send out on loan, Roberts and Pospescu off (would surprise me if one was a loan and one was mutual termination of contract) but its anyone else that goes which will be interesting. I do think if we sign another forward (be it striker or winger) then Walker will be off.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thanks for posting. Said yesterday, I can't see Henderson going anywhere unless we bring a striker in. Just leaves us too short for cover.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, brypie04 said:

Didn't we already sign a back-up keeper???

Yup Ross Stewart, but this is a second one we want. I suspect what happened to Rangers with Covid where their two best keepers had to isolate because of covid, spooked the club into have a 3rd first team keeper with Harry Stone out on loan.

6 minutes ago, brypie04 said:

but what happens if either of our two keepers gets injured/suspended? we would be in a bad situation knowing we might end up not having a first team keeper

From the DR

Hearts latest

Robbie Neilson admitted he wanted more and Ann Budge admits her manager always wants more.

“I hope so. The trouble is every time I speak to Robbie it’s ‘maybe another one’. There will definitely be one but there might be two,”

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Budge said one maybe two this morning. Surely can't include Devlin. 

Striker needed. Obafemi or similar will do nicely. Blackburn definitely interested which would count us in as a possible, not out of the question. Back up keeper should be easy to do, centre half is the bonus

13 minutes ago, brypie04 said:

We signed one that if he plays he’s bound to get your back up.

Edited by Deevers

So Make Some Noise..

Do we really need another forward? Does it suggest Gnando could be moving? Working with Boyce, Gnando and the likes of Woodburn, GMS, Ginnelly feels okay to me through to January.

Can see today being Devlin day + a loan for a 3rd choice nobody goalkeeper.

59 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That makes sense to me. In the case of McEneff, If you look at our central midfield, although they are all a bit different from one another, they tend to do a similar job. From what I've read Devlin is a bit of an aggressive ball winner and Pollock is still very young. Aaron, being more of an attacking player definitely offers us something different.

There is no point in me talking about Walker because whatever I say I'll just be saying the opposite in 2-3 weeks time 🙂

😀 for sure 👍

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Budge said one maybe two this morning. Surely can't include Devlin. 

Striker needed. Obafemi or similar will do nicely. Blackburn definitely interested which would count us in as a possible, not out of the question. Back up keeper should be easy to do, centre half is the bonus

Should we be concerned that Devlin isn't yet announced? ...just wondering if something came up in his medical 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Do we really need another forward? Does it suggest Gnando could be moving? Working with Boyce, Gnando and the likes of Woodburn, GMS, Ginnelly feels okay to me through to January.

Can see today being Devlin day + a loan for a 3rd choice nobody goalkeeper.

I think we need to sign a competent back up for Craig Gordon. Ross Stewart just does not fill me with any confidence. We lost some pretty poor goals last season when he played.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***