***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yep very good player with a lot of upside.

Gone to a team where he’ll likely get 25-30 games as well fair play. Seen a point on Billy Gilmour going to Norwich will develop him off the ball more than it will on it and this may be a similar thing where his awareness defensively will come on leaps and bounds as United won’t have a lot of the ball in most games.

So you are claiming to have watched Man Utd youth games and have knowledge of this guy.

What Hearts supporters watch other clubs youth games or even other clubs first team games.

The desperation to appear knowledgeable is laughable.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

26 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Are we going to play a 19 year old as a starter in centre defence every week? In this league?

Seem to remember Ritchie and McLaren survived in a much tougher and rougher premier league at the same age. 

1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Klopps priority is Liverpool, not Woodburns career. He is within his rights to hang on to his player on the off chance that he needs him. What if some players catch covid?

The chance of Woodburn getting any game time for Liverpool is zero , this is all a bit bizarre from Klopp tbh .

He will be up here in a week or two but its looking like Klopp has been kept our the loop and has thrown his toys out the pram. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Where has that been stated - all I have seen is that he thinks the timing is wrong?

49 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Sorry, where has that been stated? Must've missed it.

45 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Beat me to it. I've looked at the various reports and quotes and nowhere has it been stated that I can see.

Was in one of the initial reports that its thought Klopp didn't feel it was the right move for him. Him and his assistant were so pleased with him in training and pre season they wanted him to wait for a move.

Key words, it's thought, but as the days wear on seems most likely its quite plausible. 

Not making it up chaps, may have been on one of the Liverpool based forums 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only played in EFL cup game. Hasn’t been in match day squad for any of their league games. They have a surfeit of centre-backs and he has four or five ahead of him. Warnock is a Hearts fan remember. 

Is he a fan, or has he just always said he’d manage us because his wife is from up here? Also, the last two Hearts players he had any link with us with he’s kinda (in an understated way) had a go at how they’ve been coached - Paterson “never a right back” and that we sold him one there, and that we played Damour in the wrong position and effectively didn’t man manage him correctly. So you could say there’s no reason he’d see us as the best club for one of his players to develop. I’m not saying that mind you, but just saying it could be said.

Jack Torrance
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Was in one of the initial reports that its thought Klopp didn't feel it was the right move for him. Him and his assistant were so pleased with him in training and pre season they wanted him to wait for a move.

Key words, it's thought, but as the days wear on seems most likely its quite plausible. 

Not making it up chaps, may have been on one of the Liverpool based forums 

Yeah I've seen the reports but I don't think there were any direct quotes from Kopp or Linders about Hearts not being the right place for him. I think the suggestion was they'd only let him go if they felt it was the right move for him which is fair enough. Time will tell but sounds like we're in a good position having agreed the terms.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jack Torrance said:

Yeah I've seen the reports but I don't think there were any direct quotes from Kopp or Linders about Hearts not being the right place for him. I think the suggestion was they'd only let him go if they felt it was the right move for him which is fair enough. Time will tell but sounds like we're in a good position having agreed the terms.

And they don't seem to be letting him go. Or playing him 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Have to say, and I hate saying anything positive about them, James Scott is a good signing for Hibs. 

He'll be another signing that will be hyped up by Hibs and the Hibs loving media then will disappear into mediocrity. They sign the same style of player time after time, and fail consistently to win when it matters. 

Never change Hibs, never change.

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

And they don't seem to be letting him go. Or playing him 

Yeah the rumours have been linking that with Klopp wanting the Board to make some signings. Maybe he'll feel he's made his point and let it go through.

If he feels they need him as back up, usually if injuries come in to it a loan can be cut short so I don't think that'll be an issue. 

It'll all become clear in a few days I suppose. 

Edited by Jack Torrance

John Findlay
1 minute ago, the general said:

Klopp is an horrible horrible person but maybe that makes him a good manager

But by God the media gives him an easy ride

Most of the good managers are horrible persons, or are perceived to be horrible persons.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fc-xi-vs-burnley-predicted-lineup-latest-team-news-injury-list-updates-premier-league-game-b951303.html

Not in the squad for Burnley, unlikely to be in the squad for Chelsea, Klopp doesn't want him for Liverpool but won't let him play for Hearts, can't see how this is looking after anyone but himself in truth 

The boy might be happy enough to come to Hearts but I think Liverpool want him to go to th Championship or abroad to a higher level and that's why they are stalling. 

38 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Is he a fan, or has he just always said he’d manage us because his wife is from up here? Also, the last two Hearts players he had any link with us with he’s kinda (in an understated way) had a go at how they’ve been coached - Paterson “never a right back” and that we sold him one there, and that we played Damour in the wrong position and effectively didn’t man manage him correctly. So you could say there’s no reason he’d see us as the best club for one of his players to develop. I’m not saying that mind you, but just saying it could be said.

Certainly has a soft spot for us. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The boy might be happy enough to come to Hearts but I think Liverpool want him to go to th Championship or abroad to a higher level and that's why they are stalling. 

That's the overriding feeling I now get. Woodburn is going to have to be strong enough, but even if he is, its not his decision if Liverpool decree otherwise. 

I don't like being negative but not feeling confident tonight, not training yesterday thought we might see him today. Unless we really are keeping cards close to our chest. 

11 days to go, though its been a good one and fairly likely to get better its been more of a test of patience than any other I recall 

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

he’s out of contract. Why would they care

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Are we going to play a 19 year old as a starter in centre defence every week? In this league?

We did with John Souttar who was 19 when he signed and played every week. Who had already played 63 times in the league before then.

If there is any truth in Nathan Wood being one we are after, i would hope he is one that we ultimately want to keep at the end of the season as I see his contract is also up at the end of the season. Though he does appear rated at Middlesborough so I think it would hard to keep him. I just dont want us to have too many players on loan who dont stay after the season so we have to start again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, alanlaidlaw24 said:

Happy to wait until end of the month, and he comes in for the game v the Vermin, and scores the winner!

Perfectly acceptable  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s out of contract. Why would they care

That's the curious thing. If he has no future there why not let him go, if that is what he wants. They have players back, they have umpteen young talents, what are we not seeing?

Tough games the next couple of weeks would have been handy to have onboard but not to be 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

That's the curious thing. If he has no future there why not let him go, if that is what he wants. They have players back, they have umpteen young talents, what are we not seeing?

Tough games the next couple of weeks would have been handy to have onboard but not to be 

Klopp probably hoped to get some money for him this summer. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

The chance of Woodburn getting any game time for Liverpool is zero , this is all a bit bizarre from Klopp tbh .

He will be up here in a week or two but its looking like Klopp has been kept our the loop and has thrown his toys out the pram. 

Surely be good for the player to come to us a while, gain match experience ? And do us a good turn into it ? Hope so,

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Klopp probably hoped to get some money for him this summer. 

For a team that has enough to pay £50m on a player I wouldn’t have thought money for a youth player would be enough to warrant messing with the boys career.

They may force him to Extend his contract pre move if they want to make something 

Edited by adam1998

22 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Surely be good for the player to come to us a while, gain match experience ? And do us a good turn into it ? Hope so,

Sounds like the guy is  pushing for the move , Klopp being a bit of a ***** tbh 

gorgie rools
58 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He had the opportunity to go to a Danish side but wants to stay in UK 

RustyRightPeg

I think it'll benefit us in the long run if we continue to act professionally while dealing with Liverpool. Would've been easy for us to chuck the toys out the pram on Wednesday when Klopp blocked him travelling up to sign.

Might sweeten the relationship and allow us preferential treatment going forward.

Or, it might go the opposite way and they might think we're walkovers.....

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Seems it’s more a way to try show his need for a new attacking option without kicking up a proper fuss. Everything between the clubs and player is fully agreed it just needs a tick 

jamboinglasgow

If there is any truth people at Liverpool want him to go the Championship rather than Scotland, then they are seriously deluding themselves if they think it will develop him or make him attractive to potential buyers.

He needs to play regularly, Hearts are offering that and its what he gets in Scotland. In the Championship he will be a squad player, used to fill out their massive squads needed for a 46 game league season. He would need to hit the ground running otherwise a manager could just decide to move onto the next player in the squad (like happened at Blackpool.) Everything is high stakes meaning managers are less forgiving. There are some players who can have a great loan spell and kick on like Mason Mount did at Derby, but he was helped by having a manager who really believed in him and determined to make him work. 

Away from the Woodburn stuff, closing in on a defender which we would like in at the beginning of next week. Expecting after Woodburn and devlin at least 2 more in with a 3rd a possibility at the end of the window 

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Seems it’s more a way to try show his need for a new attacking option without kicking up a proper fuss. Everything between the clubs and player is fully agreed it just needs a tick 

👍

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Away from the Woodburn stuff, closing in on a defender which we would like in at the beginning of next week. Expecting after Woodburn and devlin at least 2 more in with a 3rd a possibility at the end of the window 

Even bigger 👍

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Thanks for info. 

53 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Im a Man Utd fan and I have MUTV you utter clown. They show most games on that. 

Can I be the first to say that when the EPL bubble burst I hope you’re team gets liquidated and wiped from the face of the earth. Purely for sending that Portuguese catastrophe to us. Wanks.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Can I be the first to say that when the EPL bubble burst I hope you’re team gets liquidated and wiped from the face of the earth. Purely for sending that Portuguese catastrophe to us. Wanks.

Pereira was brilliant for us a great extra CB pity he had floppy hands

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

😂

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Have to say, and I hate saying anything positive about them, James Scott is a good signing for Hibs. 

I honestly have zero recollection of him at all. Never heard of him until his name popped up on here a week or so ago. What makes him a good signing? Genuine question. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I'll take that on the chin yeah. 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I’m losing count of the non-Devlins we’re potentially expecting… What’s that now, Woodburn +3?

16 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Sweet 👍

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m losing count of the non-Devlins we’re potentially expecting… What’s that now, Woodburn +3?

Woodburn +2 with a 3rd possibly on deadline day if one of the players we want become available. With the market we are in the end of the window is our main time to get the players we want. So get used to a quiet July for the next few years 😀

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A few was the official word. 

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have patience and hope my friend.  They do say, “better the non- Devlins you know”...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Woodburn +2 with a 3rd possibly on deadline day if one of the players we want become available. With the market we are in the end of the window is our main time to get the players we want. So get used to a quiet July for the next few years 😀

August 31st at midnight it is then. Glad you are keeping spirits up with the positive news 

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Interesting. Must remember this next summer when I start losing my whelmabajingles.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A few was the official word. 

Ah yes, the grapes of math…

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Have patience and hope my friend.  They do say, “better the non- Devlins you know”...

Playing Devlin’s advocate, I will go for restlessness and despair

Interesting that he was getting game time for Liverpool and Kent who's older than him wasn't in the first team frame and left for £7m. Woodburn seems to have the ability but lacks confidence or attitude...............

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Just saw Klopp’s pre-matcher on Sky. He was in a foul ****ing mood.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Thought you were a Hearts fan 🤔

Football is like marriage, you only have one love. 

Can never take Scottish folk who 'support' English teams seriously. 

Agree. Finding this weird. Weird….

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Any more exits lined up that you're aware of, or potentially in the pipeline?

10 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Any more exits lined up that you're aware of, or potentially in the pipeline?

Roberts and popescu still expected to leave, think popescu will leave one a replacement is in. Decisions on Conor smith, pollock and logan not made yet but will be early next week. Think we may see them go out until January 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***