***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Have I been watching a different Hearts team for the last four years when people wouldn’t be delighted to sign Lawrence Shankland? Some

people have completely lost all sense of perspective.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet

If United are rejecting £300k from anyone, then we should not be interested as we should bid nowhere above that.

26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye but to some on here you put up a name and they say BULLSHIT, etc like deals can't go wrong or clubs can't come in at the last minute, doesn't happen according to some on here. 

Was told a deal was done for a player, only for a team to offer a fee instead of a loan deal, and because it suits that team they rejected our loan offer that was originally accepted 😂, only for that team that offered them a fee to pull out. 

Why did they reject our loan offer because they know that if they loan him out he's still technically registered to there 25 man registration for the English Championship. 

I Don't bother putting stuff on here anymore, pms with a few i trust, what I can assure you regardless if im a fan of Robbie or not, I know personally him and Savage are going all out to get it right. 

Some are skeptical about everything which is fine but again all your doing is passing on info like the rest of us, I just post and if they want to believe or not that’s up to them. Keep the posts up bud 👍🏻

Unknown user
Just now, Halliphax said:

Apologies, I tried reading back the convo/replies but clearly didn't get the context required - I blame an internet forum's awful quoting structure 😄

I use the word 'disingenuous' politely mind you, it's hard to disagree with someone in a friendly manner over text chat these days!

Back on topic, he was fielded as an in "in the box" forward under Neilson's management (at least, that's how I saw it) so it makes sense that he didn't have much activity outside of the box. With that in mind, what should matter is his "in the box" form which was very impressive.

Disingenuous isn't a friendly word, it means insincere, deliberately misleading, but fair enough if that's not what you meant.

Thing is, he's now scored hardly any goals in the top league so it's reasonable to ask questions. Is he a top level penalty box striker? Is he a team contributor?

As I say, I've watched a fair amount of him in full games. In the penalty box he tends to make the same run every time. When in the championship I said it would be spotted by better defenders and it does seem to have been the case right enough.

But if he contributes loads then that's not so important - but he doesn't, that's just not his game.

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So they accept £200k from us and he goes on to score goals against them contributing to their relegation. Even if he doesn’t score against them they are lighter in attack and unlikely to strengthen too much giving their financial situation, so could be relegated, losing much more than £200k in the process. That’s a reason not to sell to a Premiership side.

The player holds the cards here. Always the same when a contract is ticking down. Lose him for nothing or take a transfer fee less than you’d like. No brainer.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

True, but there are photos of me in a Dunfermline top when I was a kid (apparently I liked the stripes) and that doesn't mean shit

He had the shorts as well, I don't know what extra proof you need

On shankland I’ve had convos with some on here since may about him, Neilson loves him and shankland was interested in talking to us. United are always going to make it difficult they can’t just roll over and accept the first thing we throw at them. It could drag this one if the player wants it enough it will happen, if not we move on no harm done

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

He had the shorts as well, I don't know what extra proof you need

I'm not asking for proof, I'm just asking if he's ever confirmed it.

There's also photos of me in Liverpool kit as a kid (and I cannot stand Liverpool!), Newcastle (again the stripes apparently) and even a hibs away top from the 70s that I liked because it was yellow.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The player holds the cards here. Always the same when a contract is ticking down. Lose him for nothing or take a transfer fee less than you’d like. No brained.

But in my post you just quoted I explained how the money they could get from a low ball transfer and save on his wages could be completely wiped out if relegated. As they would lose much more if relegated. They’re not going to turn around and spend transfer money given their publicised financial difficulties. But they’ll likely be happy to have Shankland for one more year to try and keep them up and keep the money that the top league brings as opposed to the Championship.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Disingenuous isn't a friendly word, it means insincere, deliberately misleading, but fair enough if that's not what you meant.

Thing is, he's now scored hardly any goals in the top league so it's reasonable to ask questions. Is he a top level penalty box striker? Is he a team contributor?

As I say, I've watched a fair amount of him in full games. In the penalty box he tends to make the same run every time. When in the championship I said it would be spotted by better defenders and it does seem to have been the case right enough.

But if he contributes loads then that's not so important - but he doesn't, that's just not his game.

Apologies again mate, put it down to a difference in mannerisms between social circles.

What could be the biggest difference between Shankland in the Championship and Premiership? Tactics...Perhaps even the managerial aspect? Neilson had him bending over just about every back line in the Championship, no reason to think he couldn't get him doing that again in the Prem.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But in my post you just quoted I explained how the money they could get from a low ball transfer and save on his wages could be completely wiped out if relegated. As they would lose much more if relegated. They’re not going to turn around and spend transfer money given their publicised financial difficulties. But they’ll likely be happy to have Shankland for one more year to try and keep them up and keep the money that the top league brings as opposed to the Championship.

Shankland gets injured. What then? If DU are in the shite as much as is rumoured they will take the cash. The player has the strong hand over the club as he will agree terms with the club he wants to go to, regardless of which club is offering the most money.  

if DU need to get rid then they will do. If they don’t then they can keep Shankland and let him go for free. Time will tell how much shite they are in, and Shankland leaving in this window will be a good indication.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Apologies again mate, put it down to a difference in mannerisms between social circles.

What could be the biggest difference between Shankland in the Championship and Premiership? Tactics...Perhaps even the managerial aspect? Neilson had him bending over just about every back line in the Championship, no reason to think he couldn't get him doing that again in the Prem.

:thumbsup:

He might well be a good signing for us, but the things that I suspected would happen in the top division, have happened so far, it looks like he may have a level.

If he signs he'll have my full support of course

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Live and learn, has he ever confirmed he's a fan?

That’s his official Instagram page. It now has quite a few comments saying come home to Gorgie 😆.

B6942774-9A10-4680-A3FA-9367519763CB.jpeg

Unknown user
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

That’s his official Instagram page. It now has quite a few comments saying come home to Gorgie 😆.

B6942774-9A10-4680-A3FA-9367519763CB.jpeg

Former ST holder at Ibrox apparently mate, must just have been into football kits.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Former ST holder at Ibrox apparently mate, must just have been into football kits.

Maybe he couldn't afford the bus fare.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Didn’t know that. Having just read the Sun article, it was his girlfriends birthday so I’m assuming she’s a Rangers fan. That post at Ibrox isn’t on Instagram anymore. Few Hun type posts, pals with Kingsley it would seem though, must be signing 😆

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Four faces said:

If he does sign it looks like he's got a good heid on his shoulders.

Surely can’t miss headers with that spam heid 😆

51 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Would they sell to us (or any Premiership side) with the risk of relegation, particularly if he ends up scoring against them,

There is of course the option of loan and excluded when we play them, only for league matches though, I'd rather he was signed but not as a loan. 

Is there a reasonable chance he'll sign for us, has he hinted at this or is it premature currently? 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So he was with us when he was 8 and that’s what age he was when that picture was taken, when we wore that strip so that probably explains it. 

👍👍👍

Maybe just me but if Souttar isn't prepared to sign a new deal,it would be better moving him on, better to get something than nothing. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe just me but if Souttar isn't prepared to sign a new deal,it would be better moving him on as we could replace him with the cash receive for him?

Where did you hear about this? 

Replace him with the cash lol, you gotta be kiddin. 

Edited by dustybin

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe just me but if Souttar isn't prepared to sign a new deal,it would be better moving him on as we could replace him with the cash receive for him?

Is he not prepared to sign a deal?

2 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Where did you hear about this? 

Replace him with the cash lol, you gotta be kiddin. 

No I'm just saying, I don't mean replace him as we could get someone the same quality, but getting a fee for him would be good than nothing, if he isn't prepared to sign a new deal 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

See above. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe just me but if Souttar isn't prepared to sign a new deal,it would be better moving him on, better to get something than nothing. 

At least we know what the next 10 pages are going to be about now

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I'd find it hard to believe it as he knows how much the club stood by him during injuries. 

Just now, Sertse said:

At least we know what the next 10 pages are going to be about now

Well they shouldn't be, have we entered talks to give him a new deal? 

Just now, dustybin said:

I'd find it hard to believe it as he knows how much the club stood by him during injuries. 

Sorry but he doesn't owe us nothing mate, we gave him a contract, he can leave for nothing at end of season. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but he doesn't owe us nothing mate, we gave him a contract, he can leave for nothing at end of season. 

Some players do actually show respect, and by the way he reacted on Saturday after scoring looks like he's happy here, hope I'm not wrong. 

Just now, dustybin said:

Some players do actually show respect, and by the way he reacted on Saturday after scoring looks like he's happy here, hope I'm not wrong. 

Yeah but he shows respect by turning up to training everyday, and when he puts a Hearts Jersey on to play for our great club. 

Isn't his fault or the clubs fault that's he's had injures, and if you were being offered double what you're on currently, would you stay and sign a new deal or let you're contract run down? 

I'm not saying he will do that but it could happen, that's why I said above if he isn't prepared to sign a new deal, would you cash in. 

Hungry hippo
25 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I was trawling through this thread and was about to post that it was likely he had trained with us like many players do before they are old enough to commit as a youth to a club.

It did seem unlikely he was a Weegie Jambo and none of us were aware.

We're trying to build a squad not deplete it, I'm sure when Soapy's contract is discussed we will do our best to extend his contract. 

Players of his quality are hard to find so let's not worry till the time comes. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah but he shows respect by turning up to training everyday, and when he puts a Hearts Jersey on to play for our great club. 

Isn't his fault or the clubs fault that's he's had injures, and if you were being offered double what you're on currently, would you stay and sign a new deal or let you're contract run down? 

I'm not saying he will do that but it could happen, that's why I said above if he isn't prepared to sign a new deal, would you cash in. 

Training and wearing the jersey is part of the contract, nothing to do with respect. If he didn't he'd be in breach of contract. 

And as for injuries, it isn't anyone's fault, they occur like any player, and the club could quite easily have taken the option not to keep faith in him, but they did, and I'm glad that they did. 

It's imperative that we keep Souttar for a couple of seasons at the very least. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why did they reject our loan offer because they know that if they loan him out he's still technically registered to there 25 man registration for the English Championship. 

:what:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, dustybin said:

And has he given any notification of his intention? 

I just remember reading we were in talks, it was a tiny mention in another story in the last week or 2. He's a good lad, if he's in talks I'm sure it'll be in good faith with an expectation of agreement.

7 hours ago, sadj said:

The clean-cut Petersen gals or the cool chick in the denim shorts & cowboy hat? Hmm, tough choice. 🤔

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I just remember reading we were in talks, it was a tiny mention in another story in the last week or 2. He's a good lad, if he's in talks I'm sure it'll be in good faith with an expectation of agreement.

That's how I see it. 

11 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Training and wearing the jersey is part of the contract, nothing to do with respect. If he didn't he'd be in breach of contract. 

And as for injuries, it isn't anyone's fault, they occur like any player, and the club could quite easily have taken the option not to keep faith in him, but they did, and I'm glad that they did. 

It's imperative that we keep Souttar for a couple of seasons at the very least. 

Hope you are right 👍

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Fully expect Josh Harrop to be a Hearts player in the coming weeks.

Dont shoot me if it doesn’t happen :thumbsup: 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***