***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not mental, it’s predictable - I felt you months ago this would happen. It is impossible, completely impossible for neilson to survive. At best he has fans who tolerate him, there will be relative silence when things are going wel but as soon as anything goes wrong it will be a knife through the back. 

he’s finished. And I few a bit sorry for him but it’s mainly his own fault. You do not get away with some of the results we had last season ever! At any club of note

Hearts fans will support the team and the manager. Meanwhile you will continue to wallow in your misery, have fun 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we need are much lauded sporting director to get a jog on with signings this crap that is being peddled about quality over quantity is not sitting right 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Hearts fans will support the team and the manager. Meanwhile you will continue to wallow in your misery, have fun 

He is a hearts fan though. 

8 minutes ago, martoon said:

😊

A blast from the past.

Came on as a very late sub in the 3-1 annihilation of Hibs in March 1991.

Probably his finest moment, sadly.

Felt sorry for him. Most overhyped youngster ever and it just didn't work out. 

Point being hype doesn't always translate to performance for any number of reasons. The hobos may or may not have unearthed a gem. Time will tell.

A wee positive for us though is that more pressure now on our recruitment department to find our potential gem. 

Joe Savage cant afford to become Joe Saverage.

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I think how easy some find it to praise hibs but find it equally easy to knock our own team really grates some and it makes you wonder what teams forum we are on.

I know what you mean. I think some just like moaning about things and a rival doing something positive means you get to moan harder at your own team.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Leeds Utd didn't sack Biesla after a much worse result than the Brora one in the FA cup - losing 3-0 to league Two Crawley Town. He also lost to League One Hull City in the league cup the same season.

The Championship in England is an actual league. As opposed to the one in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

So because you've not heard of him, makes him pish?

Like I say, maybe it's been a connection thing, maybe he's been sold on the stepping stone thing, maybe they're paying him more than they should, who knows. 

Also... This "infested" chat is chronic. Just because someone thinks Hibs have made a good signing, all of a sudden he's an actual Hibee? Grow up pal! 

Tbf though, just because you watch the MLS on TV for your work doesn't automatically make your opinion bullet proof. We all know people who watch the EPL on TV or Scottish football in the flesh, whose opinions on players, have you scratching your head.

You've seriously bigged this boy up, so I guess we'll see for ourselves in the second half of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Looking for a new signing in the restaurant…

Ah yes, the club continues to shed itself of the remnants of the Levein regime. Now we are moving in the right direction 

Under the floodlight
43 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Thatchers Britain

What about the state of disrepair of the Jungle canyon rope bridges!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

No doubt at all that Shan Budge sees a trip advisor rating as the equivalent of a trophy

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Remember when we were a football club primarily 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The Championship in England is an actual league. As opposed to the one in Scotland.

This was last season when Leeds were in the EPL.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This was last season when Leeds were in the EPL.

True enough.

The EPL is an actual league, unlike the Championship in Scotland.

(Bielsa has always been pish in the cups tbf)

Batistuta87
47 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Freddy Adu……

He did alright... Got a hoover sponsorship at one point I'm sure. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

True enough.

The EPL is an actual league, unlike the Championship in Scotland.

(Bielsa has always been pish in the cups tbf)

Listen was Leeds losing to Crawley and Hull in the cups worse than our cup defeats, yes or no? I would say yes. Did Biesla survive them? Yes.

Batistuta87
45 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I think how easy some find it to praise hibs but find it equally easy to knock our own team really grates some and it makes you wonder what teams forum we are on.

I'm not praising Hibs, I'm saying they've signed a good player. I'm adult enough to admit when that happens. 

Not once have I knocked Hearts though. I am 100% behind the team, I'm giving the manager the benefit of the doubt, and can't wait for the season to start. 

I want some signings though and at the moment, Hibs (annoyingly) have the best signing of the window.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not sure what the Championship has got to do with it.

Leeds losing that game and in the manner every bit as bad as losing to Brora. 

What he has done before and after far outweigh that, but much easier to put context into someone else's business other than your own. 

Press down South stunned Neilson is under pressure. 

20 0 in the last 8 games yet folk are obsessed by every bad result discounting the good ones. 

Leeds fans thankfully have more balls than our ones apparently, riding out their mini crisis that it is barely mentioned and easily forgotten 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

I'm not praising Hibs, I'm saying they've signed a good player. I'm adult enough to admit when that happens. 

Not once have I knocked Hearts though. I am 100% behind the team, I'm giving the manager the benefit of the doubt, and can't wait for the season to start. 

I want some signings though and at the moment, Hibs (annoyingly) have the best signing of the window.

From smooth MLS pretendy pitches, fans that don't really care or know about football, and terrible defenders and defensive systems to the Scottish premiership in winter, starting with a derby. Genuinely can't wait for us to face a Hibs strike force of Mueller, Nisbet and Doige on Jan 2nd.

Batistuta87
21 minutes ago, pablo said:

Tbf though, just because you watch the MLS on TV for your work doesn't automatically make your opinion bullet proof. We all know people who watch the EPL on TV or Scottish football in the flesh, whose opinions on players, have you scratching your head.

You've seriously bigged this boy up, so I guess we'll see for ourselves in the second half of the season. 

I have said this previously. Maybe he's just shite. But from what I have seen of him I don't think he is.

Time will tell. Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong and for him to be absolutely shite 😂

17 minutes ago, pointon said:

To post this on the night ur rivals are playing in Europe and signing players makes us look tinpot 

17 minutes ago, pointon said:

To post an advert like this when ur rivals are playing in European football makes it look like amateur hour 

Batistuta87
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

From smooth MLS pretendy pitches, fans that don't really care or know about football, and terrible defenders and defensive systems to the Scottish premiership in winter, starting with a derby. Genuinely can't wait for us to face a Hibs strike force of Mueller, Nisbet and Doige on Jan 2nd.

I've said this too. Maybe he just looks good because he's in the MLS. Again, delighted to be proven wrong in this instance and for him to be utter shite. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I've said this too. Maybe he just looks good because he's in the MLS. Again, delighted to be proven wrong in this instance and for him to be utter shite. 

In all seriousness Hibs desperately need defenders but they're signing multiple wingers and midfielders, often 2-3 for the same position and often paying fees for them. Their recruitment is very weird and you have to assume this one came from Gordon.

Hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling that in the Press Conference prior to the Celtic game he's going to say something like 'we would have liked to have brought in a couple of players but I'm happy with the squad we have'. If he does, it will be the scariest thing he's ever said.

Edited by JWL

Guest ToqueJambo

To post this on the night ur rivals are playing in Europe and signing players makes us look tinpot 

Creating jobs and advertising them to your fanbase during an economic crisis is about a million mile from being tinpot.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, JWL said:

Hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling that in the Press Conference prior to the Celtic game he's going to say something like 'we would have liked to have brought in a couple of players but I'm happy with the squad we have'. If he does, it will be the scariest thing he's ever said.

Meltdown if that happens 😂

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Creating jobs and advertising them to your fanbase during an economic crisis is about a million mile from being tinpot.

Hearts are primarily a football club. PR wise it’s a bad move. Everything is about timing. 

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In all seriousness Hibs desperately need defenders but they're signing multiple wingers and midfielders, often 2-3 for the same position and often paying fees for them. Their recruitment is very weird and you have to assume this one came from Gordon.

Maybe taking the Stendel approach of throwing on eight strikers hoping they all score 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To you sit next to Ann on match day obviously 2 metres apart 😉

50 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Felt sorry for him. Most overhyped youngster ever and it just didn't work out. 

Point being hype doesn't always translate to performance for any number of reasons. The hobos may or may not have unearthed a gem. Time will tell.

A wee positive for us though is that more pressure now on our recruitment department to find our potential gem. 

Joe Savage cant afford to become Joe Saverage.

Ooft. 😊

48 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Well watch English football then and leave us to watch our team in our country 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

To you sit next to Ann on match day obviously 2 metres apart 😉

People who think we should halt our business operations because of something Hibs are doing can get in the sea. Didn't even know Hibs were playing today. Clearly some are right up on their fixture list though.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

😊

A blast from the past.

Came on as a very late sub in the 3-1 annihilation of Hibs in March 1991.

Probably his finest moment, sadly.

I recall him because he was the first player younger than me to play for our first team. Sigh.

According to Wikipedia (not always accurate I know), he only made 116 appearances for 8 clubs over an 11-year period.

Guest ToqueJambo

Hearts are primarily a football club. PR wise it’s a bad move. Everything is about timing. 

Yes, people who are unemployed probably like to know about vacancies as soon as possible, rather than waiting until Hibs stop playing.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, pointon said:

You keep mentioning hibs I am more interested in our shortcomings and that has what has held us back

Clearly advertising restaurant jobs while Hibs play a game is holding us back.

27 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He did alright... Got a hoover sponsorship at one point I'm sure. 

Still playing in Sweden I believe, only 32 😃

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Clearly advertising restaurant jobs while Hibs play a game is holding us back.

One of the weirdest things at the moment on here is the anger that Hearts advertise about the restaurant on social media. As if its Hearts can only post about the restaurant or make football announcements.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

One of the weirdest things at the moment on here is the anger that Hearts advertise about the restaurant on social media. As if its Hearts can only post about the restaurant or make football announcements.

The fact that that's only one of the weirdest things and not THE weirdest thing also says a lot about how some have simply lost their minds. 

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

All about timing! 

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Still playing in Sweden I believe, only 32 😃

Mental he's only 32 haha. Last I checked he was working as a nightclub promoter and playing for a team in Vegas. Such a random move to end up in Sweden from there 😂

adambraejambo
22 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

To post an advert like this when ur rivals are playing in European football makes it look like amateur hour 

I agree with you to a certain extent but it also a highly profitable side of the business. I'd also guess our Skyline will make more that Hibs will in Europe over the next 12 months. We got to look after ourselves 1st and foremost . Think we all frustrated because we not announced any new players yet . But the people who run the Skyline have nothing to do with Savage/Neilson . They seem very  professional and are just doing their jobs (very well by what we seen and been told) 

3 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

I agree with you to a certain extent but it also a highly profitable side of the business. I'd also guess our Skyline will make more that Hibs will in Europe over the next 12 months. We got to look after ourselves 1st and foremost . Think we all frustrated because we not announced any new players yet . But the people who run the Skyline have nothing to do with Savage/Neilson . They seem very  professional and are just doing their jobs (very well by what we seen and been told) 

How much money does it make?

BackOfTheNet
34 minutes ago, JWL said:

I think at this point it’s not stretching things to say that there’s perhaps more chance of this happening than having a signing by that point.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***