***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

West Ham tried to sign him permanently. We would have more chance of getting jake hastie

I think he was linked with Bayern before he went to Raith last year 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

13 minutes ago, pointon said:

So the two mystery players have still not signed this is turning into this generation’s World Cup star’s signing 😂😂

The tour of Tynecastle was evidently not enough to swing it. 😆😆

I think the majority of Hearts fans have grown impatient as under Ann Budge's stewardship we have fallen well short of what should be expected on the playing front, her loyalty to Levein and Neilson has been misjudged.  The new, behind the scenes infrastructure, is as of yet unproven. 

We need a few quality players at least for a top six challenge, a left sided centre half and midfielder of the Cameron/Hartley ilk would be my priorities, this is the minimum we should expect and if Joe Savage does not produce his position should be reviewed.

I'm hopeful of some quality signings before transfer deadline day, but this close season has been a challenge!

BackOfTheNet

Seriously though, the Scandinavian? What happened / didn’t happen with that then? Was effectively an ITK assurance.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pretty much where I am with Mueller. I think he is an absolute coup. 

FWIW, I watch MLS because I work with a lot of Americans, and the company has a partnership with Comcast/NBC and MLS. I watch it so I can participate when they start talking about it in calls and meetings, and have heard of him. Most of those I speak to are Philadelphia Union or NYCFC fans (in Orlando's division). Based on the times I've watched them, I have formed the opinion that Meuller is a very good player and I can say this with absolute certainty and with very gritted teeth, but he is better than GMS and is one of the better wingers in the league. Orlando are title contenders. They're sitting 4th with a game in hand, winning that will put them 2nd. His opposite winger is Nani, and his striker is Pato. They would pump Hearts. 

Seeing Hibs sign someone of that calibre has genuinely put me on a right downer. If we signed him, we'd be going ****ing mental. 

Pisses me right off that you have to explain your knowledge of a particular subject though and that people automatically assume you know nothing. 

I've travelled and worked a lot in the states and Nth America in general and watched a fair bit of MLS although not for a while. My impression is it's still a place where mid career, English League One/Championship, Scottish Premiership outwith the OF, and US and Brazilians, and other Sth and North Americans not good enough for European leagues go to make a bit more money with a nice lifestyle. And fo course a smattering of A-listers approaching retirement.

The thing that stood out in almost every game was the lack of competitiveness (partly coming from the lack of passion amongst fas most of whom are there for a nice afternoon out - and to be fair I often enjoyed a very nice afternoon out with a beer and snacks), plus the lack of proper tackling, the naive tactics from C and D list coaches (Stendel style put 5 forwards on the park if you're behind), and the almost universal atrocious defending. Plus truly terrible refereeing.

Based on that, I'd be surprised if even someone who seems to have had a decent career over there will adapt to Scottish football very well as it will be so different - much better defenders and better organised defences for a start. Very few players have come across here with only MLS experience and done well. I can't think of any? Perry Kitchen for example looks much better in the MLS than he did for us.

So based on that I choose to believe this guy will be shite and we still have a better striker in Boyce than any of HIbs 3 first choices 😄 And GMS will score more goals than this guy.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not mental, it’s predictable - I felt you months ago this would happen. It is impossible, completely impossible for neilson to survive. At best he has fans who tolerate him, there will be relative silence when things are going wel but as soon as anything goes wrong it will be a knife through the back. 

he’s finished. And I few a bit sorry for him but it’s mainly his own fault. You do not get away with some of the results we had last season ever! At any club of note

Leeds Utd didn't sack Biesla after a much worse result than the Brora one in the FA cup - losing 3-0 to league Two Crawley Town. He also lost to League One Hull City in the league cup the same season.

21 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

£1500 basic plus bonuses. 

If that’s the case we can forget quality over quantity 

Just now, Russ1977 said:

Most decent footballers wouldn't get out their bed for that, so I hope that's not true. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, pointon said:

I wonder if Joe and the new recruitment team are passed the YouTube stage and on to wyscout 

I wonder how many times Jack Ross has seen their new American signing play.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, gedster said:

Hope he enjoys playing in the snow in September

Weird level he is being sent to, had a look and they are effectively the 8th tier of Scottish football. Though they used to be a junior team.

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, gedster said:

Hope he enjoys playing in the snow in September

September?

Snow coming late this year in Fauldhouse :lol:

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I would suggest that’s a guess. 

Batistuta87
42 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You mean you would be going mental. 😏

I've never heard of this guy and if he's that good why aren't bigger clubs stumping up the cash to get him now ? 

I agree with Malinga about some of the posters on here. This place is infested. 

So because you've not heard of him, makes him pish?

Like I say, maybe it's been a connection thing, maybe he's been sold on the stepping stone thing, maybe they're paying him more than they should, who knows. 

Also... This "infested" chat is chronic. Just because someone thinks Hibs have made a good signing, all of a sudden he's an actual Hibee? Grow up pal! 

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sending the lad to play sunday league football is Hearts basically telling him that he needs to find a trade

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you check back a few hours he was linked with us so that’s the reason he was initially mentioned. 
He’s went from world beater to useless in 5 hours 😆.

Or from being useless to a world beater in 5 hrs 🙄

Lone Striker
49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

40 years ago? It’s a different game and we are a different club with different expectations . I He won’t get a chance by a huge slice of our support . His continued presence is really unfortunate. The 90% will tolerate him and not be overly vocal for a while, but he will always couple of defeats away from plaza protests.

I actually don’t know of anyone who is in any way enthusiastic about him

tbf, you could probably say that about the majority of Hearts managers of the last 50 years.   JJ, Burley and McDonald are the only ones I can think of that got my vote for being above average.  

As for RN, his record in achieving high league positions in the 3.5 seasons with us is very good - albeit  the 2  wins were outwith the Premiership.    It seems  that those fans who want rid of him are placing more emphasis on an uninspiring style of football and a couple of embarrassing Cup defeats rather than the ultimate league achievements.    A bit like Joe Jordan in the early 90s - fairly dull stuff, but it got us a 2nd place finish.

Can't please everyone, I suppose.  😔

3 hours ago, Under the floodlight said:

Do you like coke in your whisky?

Don't drink Whisky. JD 'n' Coke, aye. 😁

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Sending the lad to play sunday league football is Hearts basically telling him that he needs to find a trade

Didn’t do Dave Mackay any harm playing Juniors. When at Hearts. 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Do I need to pack the whelms away until January? 

They are just sat here gathering dust. 

Have been on a quest for over a week now without any luck finding them :(

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It certainly was how it was done .

Kenny Dalglish etc all did it .

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

tbf, you could probably say that about the majority of Hearts managers of the last 50 years.   JJ, Burley and McDonald are the only ones I can think of that got my vote for being above average.  

As for RN, his record in achieving high league positions in the 3.5 seasons with us is very good - albeit  the 2  wins were outwith the Premiership.    It seems  that those fans who want rid of him are placing more emphasis on an uninspiring style of football and a couple of embarrassing Cup defeats rather than the ultimate league achievements.    A bit like Joe Jordan in the early 90s - fairly dull stuff, but it got us a 2nd place finish.

Can't please everyone, I suppose.  😔

Same, plus Neilson first time around. And I didn't even like Burley - thought he was way too pleased with Rangers interest and that he played it very badly and naively with Romanov - and I preferred Sandy Jardine to Doddie. Remember wanting us to keep Jardine over Doddie when it was clear the co-manager thing was going to end. Paulo also gets an honourable mention, but his league form really was poor - a backwards step from both JJ and Laslo.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

No. 

West lothian juniors, a tier below EoS 

17 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Do I need to pack the whelms away until January? 

They are just sat here gathering dust. 

There's always free agent whelms

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Probably toughened him up 💪🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, kila said:

There's always free agent whelms

Place your bets on the free agent wheel of chance!

Will it be a Pallardo/Bjorn Jonson/Osman Sow/Jon McLaughlin or a Frear/Langer/Oshaniwa/Martin?

TyphoonJambo
30 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

September?

Snow coming late this year in Fauldhouse :lol:

Thatchers Britain

Maybe we were waiting for our new recruitment team to be in place before making signings. Either that or Naismith law strikes again

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

FWIW, I watch MLS because I work with a lot of Americans, and the company has a partnership with Comcast/NBC and MLS. I watch it so I can participate when they start talking about it in calls and meetings, and have heard of him. Most of those I speak to are Philadelphia Union or NYCFC fans (in Orlando's division). Based on the times I've watched them, I have formed the opinion that Meuller is a very good player and I can say this with absolute certainty and with very gritted teeth, but he is better than GMS and is one of the better wingers in the league. Orlando are title contenders. They're sitting 4th with a game in hand, winning that will put them 2nd. His opposite winger is Nani, and his striker is Pato. They would pump Hearts. 

Seeing Hibs sign someone of that calibre has genuinely put me on a right downer. If we signed him, we'd be going ****ing mental. 

Pisses me right off that you have to explain your knowledge of a particular subject though and that people automatically assume you know nothing. 

Well said.   👍 JKB isn't good for your mental health these days - too much polarised guff being spouted to fill the void of no signings.     

For example - does it really matter that much if we end up signing someone we'd never heard of so long as they perform well for us ?    Had anyone genuinely heard of MdV, Rudi, Djoum, Sow or Zeefuik before they arrived ?     

28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have been on a quest for over a week now without any luck finding them :(

These are left over from seasons gone by. 

Rusted and underused. 

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Freddy Adu……

20 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Hibs can sign who they like.

We've still got Tommy Harrison to make the breakthrough. 

😊

A blast from the past.

Came on as a very late sub in the 3-1 annihilation of Hibs in March 1991.

Probably his finest moment, sadly.

40 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

So because you've not heard of him, makes him pish?

Like I say, maybe it's been a connection thing, maybe he's been sold on the stepping stone thing, maybe they're paying him more than they should, who knows. 

Also... This "infested" chat is chronic. Just because someone thinks Hibs have made a good signing, all of a sudden he's an actual Hibee? Grow up pal! 

I think how easy some find it to praise hibs but find it equally easy to knock our own team really grates some and it makes you wonder what teams forum we are on.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I've travelled and worked a lot in the states and Nth America in general and watched a fair bit of MLS although not for a while. My impression is it's still a place where mid career, English League One/Championship, Scottish Premiership outwith the OF, and US and Brazilians, and other Sth and North Americans not good enough for European leagues go to make a bit more money with a nice lifestyle. And fo course a smattering of A-listers approaching retirement.

The thing that stood out in almost every game was the lack of competitiveness (partly coming from the lack of passion amongst fas most of whom are there for a nice afternoon out - and to be fair I often enjoyed a very nice afternoon out with a beer and snacks), plus the lack of proper tackling, the naive tactics from C and D list coaches (Stendel style put 5 forwards on the park if you're behind), and the almost universal atrocious defending. Plus truly terrible refereeing.

Based on that, I'd be surprised if even someone who seems to have had a decent career over there will adapt to Scottish football very well as it will be so different - much better defenders and better organised defences for a start. Very few players have come across here with only MLS experience and done well. I can't think of any? Perry Kitchen for example looks much better in the MLS than he did for us.

So based on that I choose to believe this guy will be shite and we still have a better striker in Boyce than any of HIbs 3 first choices 😄 And GMS will score more goals than this guy.

:spoton:

The undercover hobbits on here need to crawl back into their sewers, it's seriously not healthy to be on your rivals fans forum.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***