***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Like everyone I'm disappointed we haven't made any signings yet but would rather wait for someone who will improve us rather than same old same old.Could really do with a bit quality and someone the fans will look up to. I like a few others was miffed we didn't get Declan Gallagher but other than that there's nobody anyone else has signed that bothers me I recon if we play the players we have in their natural positions the best we can hope is 6th

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Got a feeling he's one that we're interested in. Not ITK, just a feeling. Would be an OK backup option. Bit of pace, left footed, can sit out wide or behind a striker, offers something a wee bit different. Wouldn't be massively exciting but fills a space. 

**** that another squad filler 

Only player I’ve been gutted about missing out on that’s been mentioned is Campbell from Motherwell.  Hopefully the wait is worth the while a centre back and a quality midfielder would do 👍

Just now, stevie1874 said:

Only player I’ve been gutted about missing out on that’s been mentioned is Campbell from Motherwell.  Hopefully the wait is worth the while a centre back and a quality midfielder would do 👍

Correct that was one we tried hard for we also apparently tried but failed to get Pele Ruddock who ended up resigning for Luton 

26 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I didn’t get that level of detail - no names of targets or what sort of standard of player we are looking at. What I took from the conversation was that there are number of different stumbling blocks to getting new players in. 

Are we skint? 

We'll be in serious trouble if Souttar's secret injury has him out for a few months or years.

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, Herbert said:

If we sign him that's pretty lazy is it not? we bring savage in who is ment to know about lower league English football and has knowledge of Ireland and we go sign a hun cast off. 

Aye slightly lazy, correct. 

7 minutes ago, pointon said:

**** that another squad filler 

We do need a couple of squad fillers / subs. Not everyone we sign will be first 11 players. 

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Thought Campbell and regan Hendry would have been ideal but may have been outbid 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thought Campbell and regan Hendry would have been ideal but may have been outbid 

I think Luton went in heavy for Campbell because of the number of clubs interested. No shame in being outbid by them so early in the window really. Hendry would never have been a first team player for us so really not that bothered about losing out on him if we were even interested. Early signs suggest he's not any better than Pollock who we've brought through without increasing our wage bill.

Batistuta87

Jordon Ibe, anyone? 

Released by Derby the end of last month, there was talk of him going to Charlton but they're not interested. Wee downward step as is sometimes required in football would put him around our level and I'm sure he'll have at least entered JS thoughts. Still only 25 too.

Don't know why folk are losing their shit, 90% of players we sign are useless anyway!

Maybe better to develop the ones we have.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Got a feeling he's one that we're interested in. Not ITK, just a feeling. Would be an OK backup option. Bit of pace, left footed, can sit out wide or behind a striker, offers something a wee bit different. Wouldn't be massively exciting but fills a space. 

He certainly doesn't fit into the under 26 age bracket that has been mentioned by Robbie but then he talks a lot of pish most of the time anyway so it wouldn't surprise me.

32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jordon Ibe, anyone? 

Released by Derby the end of last month, there was talk of him going to Charlton but they're not interested. Wee downward step as is sometimes required in football would put him around our level and I'm sure he'll have at least entered JS thoughts. Still only 25 too.

Is he related to Laryea Kingston?  He was 25 for about 5 years. 😍

30 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

At this stage I’d take Dominic Cummings 

Hmmm, a slippery right winger.

Could do a job.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jordon Ibe, anyone? 

Would definitely be a wow signing given our level and his CV. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Would definitely be a wow signing given our level and his CV. 

He is probably on about 20k a week at least though

Mayo and Hastie possibly to Thistle. Saw Kai Kennedy went to Dunfermline 

Loan deals from OF are a tricky one, especially for young players. Don’t want to improve them and send back but if there was chance of a permanent deal then would have been worth exploring

Middleton and Jones still not gone anywhere i think. Could be an ‘emergency’ option

BackOfTheNet
57 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jordon Ibe, anyone? 

He went from Liverpool to Bournemouth for £18 million, strange how his career went, only 5 games in the last 2 seasons and his Derby contract cancelled half way through its 2 years. Apparently he’s been quite vocal about his depression. Hope he falls on his feet, shame to see his talent falter for such reasons. Having so few games the last couple of seasons I wouldn’t ay he’s  completely out of our league (as someone who cost £18 million 5 years ago really should be) but not sure I can see it happen. He’s a winger too, which I can’t see is going for any more wingers.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He is probably on about 20k a week at least though

Would have been, he's on £0k a week now tho! 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jordon Ibe, anyone? 

Too much of a risk. If he was any good Charlton wouldn't be getting him a wide berth. 

Hectormasson
56 minutes ago, Homme said:

Don't know why folk are losing their shit, 90% of players we sign are useless anyway!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👈

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye slightly lazy, correct. 

We do need a couple of squad fillers / subs. Not everyone we sign will be first 11 players. 

If we only sign two or three, they absolutely have to be.

Particularly a centre half and centre mid.

Forward player at a stretch could come in for options/competition. But I don't want anyone brought in under the assumption they'll be back up if we are signing "quantity over quality"

Players couldn’t give a shit who the play for these days, they’ll go wherever the money is and probably more so now considering what’s happened over the last 18 months.

Ryan McGowan has made an absolute mint for playing in poorer standard leagues than Scotland.

7 hours ago, Homme said:

Whilst I agree we haven't been good at developing any sort of players, young or old at Hearts in along time 

7 hours ago, R1874 said:

Mayo and Hastie possibly to Thistle. Saw Kai Kennedy went to Dunfermline 

Loan deals from OF are a tricky one, especially for young players. Don’t want to improve them and send back but if there was chance of a permanent deal then would have been worth exploring

Middleton and Jones still not gone anywhere i think. Could be an ‘emergency’ option

Think Wigan are after Jones 👍

8 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Are we skint? 

Totally skint. We can only get free agents in or loan deals in in this transfer window.  I suspect that all free agents will be looking at going to the highest bidder in terms of what’s being offered in wages and we’re not top of their shopping list. We will have a few new faces in the door but it maybe a few weeks yet, near the end of the window and probably won’t be our first or even second choice that for that matter. 

Due to our clubs former signing policy, we have been utterly wasteful with club funds and it’s now came back to bite us. Ann wasn’t kidding when she said top 6 is our target. I’m not  even sure this squad are top 6 material. Time will tell though. 

1 minute ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Totally skint. We can only get free agents in or loan deals in in this transfer window.  I suspect that all free agents will be looking at going to the highest bidder in terms of what’s being offered in wages and we’re not top of their shopping list. We will have a few new faces in the door but it maybe a few weeks yet, near the end of the window and probably won’t be our first or even second choice that for that matter. 

Due to our clubs former signing policy, we have been utterly wasteful with club funds and it’s now came back to bite us. Ann wasn’t kidding when she said top 6 is our target. I’m not  even sure this squad are top 6 material. Time will tell though. 

can't be skint if we are still going to sign free agents. Outside the old firm not a lot of people will be paying fees

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Homme said:

Like Cochrane, Irving and McGill? 😁

The_razors_edge
12 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

This guy knows 👍🏻 The second sentence was exactly what I was told pretty much word for word. In addition loan deals are becoming an issue because parent clubs are wanting loan clubs to cover 100% of wages. Which is an issue when the player is on 10k a week. 

Jean Louis Valois
22 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Is it not more likely that their is money available, but because of past mistakes and recklessness involving signings we are needing to be alot more cautious in who we spend it on?

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

This guy knows 👍🏻 The second sentence was exactly what I was told pretty much word for word. In addition loan deals are becoming an issue because parent clubs are wanting loan clubs to cover 100% of wages. Which is an issue when the player is on 10k a week. 

If that’s the case then clubs will be unable to shift players out on loan. 

I get the feeling there is going to be an almighty scramble for free agents before the window shuts. 

2 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Knows what ? How to paint an unbalanced picture ? He completely ignored the impact of the pandemic on our finances and blamed Ann. Of course parent clubs want 100% of wages paid for loan players at the moment because they are skint too. I’m not saying there hasn’t been waste but this bollox making us out as some sort of exception is nonsense. Every club is trying to claw back as much money as they can, there will be a lot of missed income at the start of the season through no fault of our own. We will make signings has something will have to give eventually as all clubs will need to move players on. 

Money is there but it will no longer be used to over pay or panic buy. I thought this is something we all wanted ? The rush from so called hearts fans falling over themselves to have a go at the club for doing the very thing they wanted is embarrassing. 

The_razors_edge
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Knows what ? How to paint an unbalanced picture ? He completely ignored the impact of the pandemic on our finances and blamed Ann. Of course parent clubs want 100% of wages paid for loan players at the moment because they are skint too. I’m not saying there hasn’t been waste but this bollox making us out as some sort of exception is nonsense. Every club is trying to claw back as much money as they can, there will be a lot of missed income at the start of the season through no fault of our own. We will make signings has something will have to give eventually as all clubs will need to move players on. 

Money is there but it will no longer be used to over pay or panic buy. I thought this is something we all wanted ? The rush from so called hearts fans falling over themselves to have a go at the club for doing the very thing they wanted is embarrassing. 

Well he knows something because what he’s posted, his first paragraph in particular, is identical to the information I was given.

2 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Well he knows something because what he’s posted, his first paragraph in particular, is identical to the information I was given.

Who expected us to buy players ? 😂

Not buying players doesn’t mean we are skint. Being skint would mean we wouldn’t be negotiating with anyone. If he and you seem to think his source is so trust worthy you would both know this. As I said he has painted an unbalanced view. 

32 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Is it not more likely that their is money available, but because of past mistakes and recklessness involving signings we are needing to be alot more cautious in who we spend it on?

Plus what we can currently offer new signings as a weekly wage is making the market place challenging

Edited by Disco Ball

15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not buying players doesn’t mean we are skint. Being skint would mean we wouldn’t be negotiating with anyone. If he and you seem to think his source is so trust worthy you would both know this. As I said he has painted an unbalanced view. 

It’s not an unbalanced view it’s factual and the reference to the former regime was more of a nod to Levein than to Ann herself. AB has provided funds to every manager that came here but at the moment we’re on the breadline. RN has stated that youth will get a chance this year and there’s good reason for that. We’re shopping in Lidl and Aldi’s this year, scouring for a few wee gems if there’s a deal to be done. If not it’s status quo. There’s money for wages but not much to negotiate with and if we can’t get what we want, for what we want to pay then it’s status quo.

RN has already stated we need 4 players for our squad and JS is trying to procure his list for him. We are not an attractive proposition at the moment for any would be suitors

That’s not in unbalanced view, sadly that’s fact! 

38 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I read it and didn't think he was blaming Ann. If anyone, he was blaming Levein. 

It's fairly obvious we have wasted a lot of money over the last few years and the pandemic has cut off a lot of income available to the club. 

Maybe skint isn't the right word but we're clearly working with a lower budget than we have previously due to waste and the pandemic. 

Edited by Ari Gold

The_razors_edge
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I don’t know his source. I absolutely 1000% trust mine though 👍🏻

I also didn’t agree with him that we’re skint - I deliberately ignored that part of his post. 

kingantti1874

I am fully supportive of the calm, controlled quality of over quantity approach. We absolutely need to not repeat the mistakes we’ve made in the past. 

Still allowed to be a little disappointed we don’t have 1/2 in.  I actually think we need 4. A CB is a must, a RB is a must (smith needs to move back to CB) a central mid and a striker . 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***