***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

15 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It's been a good PR stunt by Hearts to suggest players are just about tied up with season ticket sales still ongoing. Heard that these players were on their way since sales were around the 5k mark. I was told last night that somewhere in the region on 10k have been sold, so where are these players? Are any actually going to turn up or are Hearts going to wait until they've sold as many ST's as they can before saying that "we lost out" on the players in the end? You'd expect any players that were going to be deemed as important to Hearts to be here by now and integrating with the rest of the squad to try and get off to a good start. Maybe they're just looking for "squad-fillers" yet again, who knows. 

Our pissers appear to have been collectively pulled

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

The_razors_edge

As I indicated in my post yesterday from a VERY good source, don’t be surprised if we don’t have anyone in before the Celtic game. And it may still be some time after the Celtic game before we see some new faces. 

17 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It's been a good PR stunt by Hearts to suggest players are just about tied up with season ticket sales still ongoing. Heard that these players were on their way since sales were around the 5k mark. I was told last night that somewhere in the region on 10k have been sold, so where are these players? Are any actually going to turn up or are Hearts going to wait until they've sold as many ST's as they can before saying that "we lost out" on the players in the end? You'd expect any players that were going to be deemed as important to Hearts to be here by now and integrating with the rest of the squad to try and get off to a good start. Maybe they're just looking for "squad-fillers" yet again, who knows. 

It will be what we've been saying for weeks. They are waiting on the extra month payment and will be here start of august 

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

As I indicated in my post yesterday from a VERY good source, don’t be surprised if we don’t have anyone in before the Celtic game. And it may still be some time after the Celtic game before we see some new faces. 

Very disappointing if true. 

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

so nothing positive at all.

15 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Got anything further to add to this?

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Hopefully however comes in is worth the wait. 

If we don't sign folk after July I'll be concerned, my hope is that it's the contractual issues players have until the end of July. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

17 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Do you know why this is the case? 

Phil D. Corners
16 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Cheery news on page 400. 

Hopefully he’s not talking about the Celtic cup game. 

First time I've looked in here for a while.

I presume the quest guy jacked it in, and Whelmsley ended up in a Tesco beef lasagne.

Edited by fancy a brew

Darth Sidious

Anyone got the number for the old Club Call 0898 service.  They might have some transfer rumours to enjoy.

The_razors_edge
6 minutes ago, feej said:

Got anything further to add to this?

Yes plenty but sharing it all won’t do this forum any favours. Better to live in hope and ignorance 

1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

Yes plenty but sharing it all won’t do this forum any favours. Better to live in hope and ignorance 

Thanks, current squad it is then for the foreseeable.

The_razors_edge
7 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Do you know why this is the case? 

Yes I was given a very good indication. Some of it has already been hinted on here already so others on the board have clearly got reliable sources elsewhere. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, The_razors_edge said:

Yes I was given a very good indication. Some of it has already been hinted on here already so others on the board have clearly got reliable sources elsewhere. 

Contractual obligations being run down? 

The_razors_edge
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

No that wasn’t mentioned

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

He also put his own head on the chopping block by saying he would be judged by his signings.

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is 3 out of the top 4 in the first 3 games! 

Players turning us down 

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

No one wants to play under Robert Boreson, sadly. 

Don't think any side is making loads of signings, probably a sign of the times and the tight budgets everyone has outside the OF. As we currently sit I don't think we are a million miles away but the concern is if we get injuries. Still light at CB and midfield for me. I'm not about to get the razor blades out just yet.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Players turning us down 

That will happen, happens all the time. 

Likley for every player we sign 3/4 have rejected us. 

That will happen, happens all the time. 

Likley for every player we sign 3/4 have rejected us. 

I agree but how far down that list are we 

6 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

So top targets have declined us for wages / Neilson / mixture of both. We are now onto the scraps... 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Don't think any side is making loads of signings, probably a sign of the times and the tight budgets everyone has outside the OF. As we currently sit I don't think we are a million miles away but the concern is if we get injuries. Still light at CB and midfield for me. I'm not about to get the razor blades out just yet.

If we can get through the first 3/4 games without players breaking down we'll be OK and hopefully the reinforcements arrive early August. 

Beat celtic then a triple swoop on Monday as 3 ex epl stars sign for us. 

:scenes:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, pointon said:

I agree but how far down that list are we 

Maybe on target 1, maybe on target 53.

Who kens? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

So top targets have declined us for wages / Neilson / mixture of both. We are now onto the scraps... 

If you listen to the Savage interview then he clearly states they don't work on top targets

They identify several players then approach all and decide who would be the best fit for us (wages, personality, eagerness to join etc) 

There's been no leaks on signings before, so why suddenly leaks that there will be no signings? 

Clearly BS to me from posters who love you hate the club

Signings will come, English teams barely moving with signings/sales so far and I'm sure we'll be targeting down there

Clark Griswold

Maybe its the wage structure we're now apparently offering, lower base salary with higher win/goal/minutes bonuses? who knows man, it's excruciating though.

Folk on this thread think it's similar to playing Football Manager to make a signing! Absolutely tragic and folk are clueless. 

CloustonHMFC
20 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Dropping a comment like this will, though?

You'd be just as well as spilling the beans because you've already alluded to it which, imo, is worse than coming out with what you know.

Robbo-Jambo
42 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

In fact nothing would surprise me as far as we are concerned in the slightest with same management still in place.

Players will not be interested in playing for Neilson because any player with a bit of savvy will know he is a clown.

All imo of course. 😏

47 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Jesus Christ. That is grim to hear. 

I wonder if there is a reason for such a delay? Has literally every target this summer failed to materialise?

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Of course its a great big conspiracy, that professional sports people have signed up to. Guys like Savage who have a great reputation in the game, have came along to Tynecastle to bluff the fans and have a laugh! Seriously 🙈

AllyjamboDerbyshire

For weeks now we've had confident messages that some high whelm signings were about to be announced, but none appeared. Now we've got confident messages that no signings will be made. Am I right to view this as a good sign?

8 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

If you listen to the Savage interview then he clearly states they don't work on top targets

They identify several players then approach all and decide who would be the best fit for us (wages, personality, eagerness to join etc) 

There's been no leaks on signings before, so why suddenly leaks that there will be no signings? 

Clearly BS to me from posters who love you hate the club

Signings will come, English teams barely moving with signings/sales so far and I'm sure we'll be targeting down there

I'd be surprised if we did not have preferences on our shortlist and in terms of prioritising who you approach first it would make sense to have something to distinguish. 

I think there had been suggestions from RN that we were quite far down the road on a few. Obviously some posters on here have suggested the same. Given the delay its not outlandish to deduce that we've been turned down. I am sure Neilson wants them in asap given he could be on a shoogly peg by the time the window shuts. 

22 minutes ago, bistokid said:

This is more like story time than a football forum. No-one has a clue what’s going on but many are making up stories. Some of the regulars on here have excellent sources and even they are dry this summer. We will make signings before the window closes of that we can all be sure. Think it’s worth waiting for the players the club wants rather than just making up the numbers. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Where you getting this from?

What player has stated he has declined because of Neilson?

No doubt many players we may be interested in get better financial offers from elsewhere. This won't be news to most. 

Who said we are now on to scraps? 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

For weeks now we've had confident messages that some high whelm signings were about to be announced, but none appeared. Now we've got confident messages that no signings will be made. Am I right to view this as a good sign?

High whelm signing were generally based on them coming from down south and with contracts running through July down there, any signings from down south may well be August time. 

It's been mentioned a lot and it's not August yet. 

1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

Which celtic game 🤔

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Where you getting this from?

What player has stated he has declined because of Neilson?

No doubt many players we may be interested in get better financial offers from elsewhere. This won't be news to most. 

Who said we are now on to scraps? 

It’s made up nonsense as usual.

Just another day in the life of Kickback.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I am.  We were told we were after quality. We’ve slashed the wage budget and I expect and I expect at least two players who will make a huge difference. 

But we need a minimum of 4 quality players 2 isn't good enough. 

23 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Folk on this thread think it's similar to playing Football Manager to make a signing! Absolutely tragic and folk are clueless. 

Yep. No money no signings. 

Just now, maroon said:

Jason cummings ? Could do a job🙏

Your probably on the wind up but I would give him a chance regardless of his off field antics. I actually don't care if we have a team of serial killers along as they win and show q bit of fight and passion. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah... I liked the look of him and Haring in the middle. Injured?

...what happened to the 'At Training Today' thread?... that was always good for bits of info... or have our spys at Riccarton mysteriously disappeared now that JS has tightened security? 

Anyone behind Halliday should be ashamed of themselves.

Rogue Daddy

I must admit, I thought getting some players in would be a bit easier this window. A quick look on Transfermarkt shows a huge number of players without a club/out of contract. Mind you, I wasn't that bothered about TM last season, so that's maybe how it always is?... but it does seem that a lot of players could be out of work when the season begins. Perhaps this puts 'quality' players in a stronger position... who knows 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully get a couple of signings in before too long.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Your probably on the wind up but I would give him a chance regardless of his off field antics. I actually don't care if we have a team of serial killers along as they win and show q bit of fight and passion. 

Bit short term thinking there. 

Probably be short of players mid way through the season. 

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

But we need a minimum of 4 quality players 2 isn't good enough. 

I agree. As it’s been so slow, I’m preparing to be disappointed. Do you honestly think we’ll bring in 4 quality signings?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***