***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I would say we have a top 4 first 11 but we are a couple of injuries away from having a bottom 6 11.

Good 7s team maybe. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, bazman said:

You have to remember for a lot of the teams in the championship they raised their game when playing is as we were a scalp. We do exactly the same when we play the old firm. This season it won't be like that so the teams will be less difficult to break down than they were last season. Do we still need players? Yes absolutely but not as bad as some make it out

Quite a few SPL teams raise their game for us as well. Most sit in at Tynie as well. 

Need more quality and need a way to unlock defences at Tynie - not sure we have that. 

No new signings as yet isn’t looking good if we want to avoid our regular reaming from the Mhanks. Savage needs to get his finger out quick smart. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

colinmaroon
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

No new signings as yet isn’t looking good if we want to avoid our regular reaming from the Mhanks. Savage needs to get his finger out quick smart. 

Down Boy!!!

21 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Don't know if I'm in the minority but 85/86 was one of the best seasons in my Hearts supporting life. 

Well said

45 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Also appreciate that the transfer window is open for another 5 weeks or so but the point is that our league season kicks off in a week. A poor start to the season followed by panic signings in august and the heat will be on savage and neilson. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen 

I'm all for getting behind the team. Like most fans have accepted Robbie will remain manager and I hope he can build on his last stint in the premiership.

That said, he's dodged a few bullets. He's very fortunate to still be in the job, I would've punted him after brora. If he doesn't get off to a steady start it is going to go sour for him very quickly. 

BackOfTheNet

5 weeks left, yes. But the arguments has been that for weeks itself. (“There’s 6/7/8/9 weeks left”)

Usually in addition to that the argument was the other clubs haven’t done any business either so the window in general was slow. That’s not something that can be argued anymore when you look here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/transfers/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2021&s_w=&leihe=3&intern=0

May one-six
32 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Also, every team last season parked the bus against us. 

In thePremiership a lot more will come out to try and give us a game so we will be able to break them down much easier

Also seem to have a settled formation and first 11 pretty much which is key

And they will be high on confidence acter 10 clean sheets in a row & 20 goals in 7 games

There's hope for a decent start to the season despite the difficult fixtures

Although we so still need quality additions to the team

I'm not sure this is true. One of our problems in the season before last was the fact that teams would come and sit in, and we were so poor we couldn't counter it. It was only the likes of the OF, Aberdeen and Hibs who would open up. Bottom six sides are likely to be cautious when they come to Tynie  - Robbie's big test this season is how he reacts against that tactic.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

5 weeks left, yes. But the arguments has been that for weeks itself. (“There’s 6/7/8/9 weeks left”)

Usually in addition to that the argument was the other clubs haven’t done any business either so the window in general was slow. That’s not something that can be argued anymore when you look here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/transfers/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2021&s_w=&leihe=3&intern=0

Only thing I'd say to that is Motherwell have brought in loads but look pish as in my eyes is quantity over quality

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Listened to the Callum Davidson interview the other day who said the market is moving now so let's hope we see some "quality" additions shortly.

MarkDevriesScores4

15 players or so out the door (including probably our highest paid in Naismith) and only 3 in (one on loan) there must be budget there for a couple of decent signings you’d think 🤔 

Dagger Is Back

I’m not sure I see any teams feeling the need to come to Tynie and sit in.

That definitely happened in the past but I reckon teams will fancy their chances of an away 3 points.

45 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Also appreciate that the transfer window is open for another 5 weeks or so but the point is that our league season kicks off in a week. A poor start to the season followed by panic signings in august and the heat will be on savage and neilson. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen 

All we have now is hope. Are these players real quality who are waiting on to get them signed. Could this be why it takes so long while the player and agent weigh up bids. How many players have Neilson & Savage lost out on and will we have to settle on more loanees. So many questions as the League cup sections come to an end on Sunday and our League campaign starts next Saturday. Should our team have new players that are at it’s strongest tactically, fitness wise to start a season. This League game against Celtic at home is massive for both clubs and I’d want Hearts to be at their strongest so by beating them we’d be laying down a marker that Hearts are back and mean business.

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, bazman said:

Only thing I'd say to that is Motherwell have brought in loads but look pish as in my eyes is quantity over quality

I’m certainly not saying we should buy anyone for the sake of it. But the argument that the market just wasn’t moving for anyone was given as a reason for our lack of activity. Just doesn’t hold water that argument anymore. So now everything rests on quality over quantity, which I think everyone would want, actually happening. It’s the actually happening aspect that some are unsure of understandably.

12 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

15 players or so out the door (including probably our highest paid in Naismith) and only 3 in (one on loan) there must be budget there for a couple of decent signings you’d think 🤔 

We can probably get 3 or 4 in on top bracket wages. So we should be looking at quality. 

18 minutes ago, bazman said:

Motherwell had about 3 players left after last season so had to recruit a massive number of players. 

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’m not sure I see any teams feeling the need to come to Tynie and sit in.

That definitely happened in the past but I reckon teams will fancy their chances of an away 3 points.

Yep but I reckon most of us would know how to set up our team at Tynie: keep it tight, let Hearts huff and puff til they run out ideas and then hit them on the break or from a set piece. 

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep but I reckon most of us would know how to set up our team at Tynie: keep it tight, let Hearts huff and puff til they run out ideas and then hit them on the break or from a set piece. 

We’ll see. I don’t think they need to wait until we run out of ideas as some did in the past.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they went for us from the start.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

We’ll see. I don’t think they need to wait until we run out of ideas as some did in the past.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they went for us from the start.

I hope so because we play better with a bit of space in front of us. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Go look at the squads of stjohnston, st mirren, Dundee United, Motherwell and call out who would walk into our team. 

We have a few players that aren’t good enough(Popescu and Halkett)  but in no way is it a mid table team. 

if they beat us through hard work and application it’s at the managers feet

Those teams all have smaller budgets, win cups and sell players for decent money. The likes of mcgrath, shankland, kerr, o'donnell and Gallagher off the top of my head would walk into our team. 

David Black

There seems to be this idea that all the teams coming to Tynecastle this season are going to play open expansive football. Really? They'll do exactly as the teams did last season, only better. If RN can have the players, the style and the tactics to counter that I'll be delighted. I won't bet on it though.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Don't know if I'm in the minority but 85/86 was one of the best seasons in my Hearts supporting life. 

Agree. 👍

It was a magic rollercoaster every game home and away until the wheels came off at the end.

The unbelievable pride from following the Hearts that season was phenomenal.

I can remember every detail of that day going to Dens that final day as if was yesterday.

Apart from late on at night when I got hammered to try and kill the pain. 🙁

Exact same the next Saturday at Hampden against Aberdeen. 

Even our old rickety bus went on fire on the m8 and folk try to hitch lifts with cars and got told by the Motherwell police that was illegal and we would spend the night in jail. 😳.

Hearts sent a fancy back up bus that had toilets and a TV on it. Luxury all the rest of the trip.

Happy days. 😊

40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Motherwell had about 3 players left after last season so had to recruit a massive number of players. 

Quote from the BBC Transfer Gossip Page.

Motherwell manager Graham Alexander believes he needs six more signings to cover for Covid-19 outbreaks and isolation. (Daily Record, print edition)

AllyjamboDerbyshire
14 minutes ago, David Black said:

There seems to be this idea that all the teams coming to Tynecastle this season are going to play open expansive football. Really? They'll do exactly as the teams did last season, only better. If RN can have the players, the style and the tactics to counter that I'll be delighted. I won't bet on it though.

Agreed. That's exactly what happened 2 seasons ago. In the main we did OK against the better sides, Aberdeen, TRFC, Hibs, but really struggled against the clubs who defended and we didn't have a clue how to break them down. If we'd struggled against the bigger clubs, who attacked us, and did better against the lesser sides, who sat back and hit us on the break, we'd not have faced that scandalous vote and demotion. They will play against us in the same way this season, and the big question will be - will we have the system and ability to do something about it?

At least this time we have a goalkeeper!

KyleLafferty
12 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Agreed. That's exactly what happened 2 seasons ago. In the main we did OK against the better sides, Aberdeen, TRFC, Hibs, but really struggled against the clubs who defended and we didn't have a clue how to break them down. If we'd struggled against the bigger clubs, who attacked us, and did better against the lesser sides, who sat back and hit us on the break, we'd not have faced that scandalous vote and demotion. They will play against us in the same way this season, and the big question will be - will we have the system and ability to do something about it?

At least this time we have a goalkeeper!

We are much more fluid this time round with pace and we also have players who can do something out of nothing.

6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

We are much more fluid this time round with pace and we also have players who can do something out of nothing.

Who can do something out of nothing In our squad and where they last season when we struggled against part timers?

11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Really they been disguising that very well 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Those teams all have smaller budgets, win cups and sell players for decent money. The likes of mcgrath, shankland, kerr, o'donnell and Gallagher off the top of my head would walk into our team. 

McGrath over GMS / Ginelly ? (He is good mind and I’d take him)

Shankland over boyce ? No way

O’Donnell over smith? No way

Gallagher signed for Aberdeen

Kerr  I’d take over Halkett. 

You’ve actually proven my point - you e identified a a handful of decent players across all of those teams who we’d take but all of those teams would take the pretty much  all of our players - definitely the first 11

Edited by kingantti1874

Heart of Darkness
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Also mine!! 1st season I  went home & away to all the games after started going to games a couple of years before.... obviously the off-field entertainment had a lot to do with that as well!! 😊  😂😂😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Folk seem to be ignoring our general form and performances from the last few games of last season through to this season.

Yes, lower league teams and not perfect but much better football generally than most of the middle of last season.

We need signings but I’d say we’ve already improved as a team after our pre seasons n from what I have seen.

21 minutes ago, pointon said:

I really do get the points you make but you must admit we have at least made a bit of progress since the 3-2 queen of the south home defeat. It’s still not good enough but it’s at least, slowly, heading in the right direction. 

My issue is that I think I know what’s coming. The first bad result we have, RN will slowly turn us into a more cautious side, full backs staying in their own half, wingers too far back, midfield sitting right on top of the centre backs, forward(s) isolated. It’s not so much recent form that bother me, we’ve done ok. 

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Folk seem to be ignoring our general form and performances from the last few games of last season through to this season.

Yes, lower league teams and not perfect but much better football generally than most of the middle of last season.

We need signings but I’d say we’ve already improved as a team after our pre seasons n from what I have seen.

We are much better in the league cup than we were last season. It doesn't matter to some, we are shit and boring no matter what the score or how we play.

We have been decent in the league cup I think after 3 games into the league campaign we will no exactly were the squad is at still bitterly disappointed we have not brought in  this alleged quality so far I can’t help but feel we have lost out on a number of targets 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I really do get the points you make but you must admit we have at least made a bit of progress since the 3-2 queen of the south home defeat. It’s still not good enough but it’s at least, slowly, heading in the right direction. 

My issue is that I think I know what’s coming. The first bad result we have, RN will slowly turn us into a more cautious side, full backs staying in their own half, wingers too far back, midfield sitting right on top of the centre backs, forward(s) isolated. It’s not so much recent form that bother me, we’ve done ok. 

I don't think we've ever been a cautious team under Neilson

Struggled to break teams down, yeah. But not cautious

Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

I’m only concerned with last season and not RN’s previous spell. After we beat Ayr United 5-3, all of the things I listed above happened more and more culminating in the Brora defeat. 

10 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Did you follow us away from home in the Premier when he was last here?

merseyjambo
11 minutes ago, pointon said:

We have been decent in the league cup I think after 3 games into the league campaign we will no exactly were the squad is at still bitterly disappointed we have not brought in  this alleged quality so far I can’t help but feel we have lost out on a number of targets 

I think probably 6 or 7 will tell us. 

2 of first 3 are against unknown quantities. The European performances might nine an indicator but with new managers in charge, who knows how Celtic and Aberdeen will play out.

More of an indicator will be our matches at St Mirren, DUFC and Dingwall. Our away form in the top flight is something that needs to turn round. These are matches against teams that the fans would expect to beat. 

The other 2 are home games against Hibs and Livi. Again games that the fans will be expecting to win.

Realistic and achievable target from those 7 games should be somewhere about the 13 point mark.

KyleLafferty
57 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Who can do something out of nothing In our squad and where they last season when we struggled against part timers?

GMS came In half fit and still done the business for us and he’s Contuined it. Boyce will always score and assist and Gino now being fully fit. 

KyleLafferty
54 minutes ago, pointon said:

You are entitled to your opinion as much anyone of this forum. But I don’t take much notice to yours.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

GMS came In half fit and still done the business for us and he’s Contuined it. Boyce will always score and assist and Gino now being fully fit. 

It's like excuse bingo on here, Half fit, Injuries, we weren't relegated, last year doesn't count, SHE SAVED US, it's not his team, Damour 

Have I missed any. Why can't people see were a shambles on the park due to mismanagement.

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

You are entitled to your opinion as much anyone of this forum. But I don’t take much notice to yours.

Yet you quote him!

Just now, Herbert said:

It's like excuse bingo on here, Half fit, Injuries, we weren't relegated, last year doesn't count, SHE SAVED US, it's not his team, Damour 

Have I missed any. Why can't people see were a shambles on the park due to mismanagement.

It's a new season, are we not allowed to look forward to it with optimism, it's what all supporters do in every country every season? and it's not excuses it's bigging up your own team, it's what supporters do. Leave last season behind and look forward to the unknown.

If it's constant moaning about hearts you want there is a Hibs forum that would suit your needs.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

McGrath over GMS / Ginelly ? (He is good mind and I’d take him)

Shankland over boyce ? No way

O’Donnell over smith? No way

Gallagher signed for Aberdeen

Kerr  I’d take over Halkett. 

You’ve actually proven my point - you e identified a a handful of decent players across all of those teams who we’d take but all of those teams would take the pretty much  all of our players - definitely the first 11

Mcgrath scores, so over GMS defiantly. If you ask fans of St johnstone who won the double I bet they wouldn't take anyone. Players we should go for similar to boyce we ignore for a lesser known option and that never works for us. We should have signed Jackson irvine we went for McEneff, we should have signed O'donnel we signed the likes of popescu instead.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It's a new season, are we not allowed to look forward to it with optimism, it's what all supporters do in every country every season? and it's not excuses it's bigging up your own team, it's what supporters do. Leave last season behind and look forward to the unknown.

If it's constant moaning about hearts you want there is a Hibs forum that would suit your needs.

What has changed that gives you hope for this year?

Niemi’s gloves

O

5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

The poster said “GMS came in half fit and still done the business” but somehow that becomes part of of your excuse bingo. As for your last sentence, perhaps it’s because we haven’t been a shambles on the park. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Mcgrath scores, so over GMS defiantly. If you ask fans of St johnstone who won the double I bet they wouldn't take anyone. Players we should go for similar to boyce we ignore for a lesser known option and that never works for us. We should have signed Jackson irvine we went for McEneff, we should have signed O'donnel we signed the likes of popescu instead.

Who is O’donnel ?

Just now, Herbert said:

What has changed that gives you hope for this year?

We finished the season playing decent football scoring goals and keeping clean sheets. Two of our best players came back from injury and played well. We changed formation which seemed to work well for us. We have started well in this season's cup where we quite often struggle. We have continued to create chances, keep clean sheets and score goals.

Do you only pay attention when things aren't going well ?

Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

O

The poster said “GMS came in half fit and still done the business” but somehow that becomes part of of your excuse bingo. As for your last sentence, perhaps it’s because we haven’t been a shambles on the park. 

Really?

Do you remember how we played? How we couldn't break down teams at home, playing 1 up front passing the ball backwards to players that stood still. Not to mention  we were at the bottom of the league when we were put down to the championship. Aye everything is good.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***