***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

The squad we kick off the season with and the one we end the transfer window with may look a little different.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Comparing apples and oranges, no way to tell fir sure. 

We won the championship by a distance, first time. 

Folk can make their own minds up about how shite a team can be that does that. 

In the cups we had 2 good performances and one  1 God awful performance

Again, folk can take from that what they want. 

Which one of the cup games have you airbrushed from history - Brora or Alloa? 

15 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Not a shock getting knocked out of  of a cup by the mighty Alloa.

Jeezo. 😳

He's the dictionary definition of "apologist". 😂😂😉😉

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Not a shock getting knocked out of  of a cup by the mighty Alloa.

Jeezo. 😳

I wasn't shocked. Pissed of- yes, shocked - no. 

I've seen us knocked out by lower league teams and not been shocked as we've been guff, getting knocked out by a team in the same league doesn't register on my shock o meter. 

54 minutes ago, Ribble said:

That all depends on whether or not our current style of play is down to our current midfielders not being good enough or if that's actually how Robbie wants us to play (bypass the middle of the park unless absolutely necessary, with the ball 100% of the time being played wide or long), if it's the latter we could have a midfield two of Veratti and Modric and it wouldn't make a jot of difference.

Our central midfield has been shite for years.The lack of creativity from there has been bad from before Robbie the first time round 

davemclaren
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Our central midfield has been shite for years.The lack of creativity from there has been bad from before Robbie the first time round 

The midfield has been lacking for a long time and particularly since Djoum left imo. 

SM Sheffield
3 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

David Bates anyone? Been bombed out the Hamburg 1st team and now playing in their regionalliga squad till he can find a new club. 

He came to Hillsborough on loan last season and he was that bad he couldn’t even get a game in a terrible squad. Definitely one to avoid and has gone backwards at a rate of knots.

20 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Knew I had missed young Finlay out after posting - not sure how after his goal the other night. I tend to just update the list when we sign someone new which obviously hasn't happened haha - don't worry I'll be sure to include him next time 😉

It's OK 😄. I sometimes forget about guys playing during a game......

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I wasn't shocked. Pissed of- yes, shocked - no. 

I've seen us knocked out by lower league teams and not been shocked as we've been guff, getting knocked out by a team in the same league doesn't register on my shock o meter. 

In the same league …. Ehh 

We have a squad packed full of internationals… Alloa players are paid appearance money … it’s not their full time job. 
Stop defending the indefensible….

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's been playing centre midfield for the past two seasons.

Hearts didn’t fancy him at the back and in fairness to him it would be a big ask for anyone to convert position in little over 18 months of football considering how stop start it’s been.

In fairness, the system we play with the back 3 can accommodate a shorter or less physical player in there

1 hour ago, bazman said:

He's going to Arbroath to compete for Rb

If he progresses, perhaps come back as an option for RCB 

If he progresses of course

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

We should never be accepting a defeat from Alloa, doesn't matter what division we are in. 

Accepting is irrelevant. 

A team from the same division knocking another is not that uncommon and never suprised me too much. 

Happened the majority of my life ( sometimes worse as a lower league team has done the deed) apart from  3 in the last 60 years. 

You could  argue us beating hibs in the sc last year was more of a shock than Alloa beating us - giving the league standing of the teams. 

All in the past tho and off topic. 

Folk can be shocked and outraged at whatever they want. 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Chris Hamilton's loan move to Arbroath now confirmed by the club.  It's pretty clear he has no future at Hearts. 

Hasn’t had for a couple of years now. Has a contract so we honour it. No clubs really interested in signing him permanently. Really skilful player but just didn’t develop physique-wise. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

In the same league …. Ehh 

We have a squad packed full of internationals… Alloa players are paid appearance money … it’s not their full time job. 
Stop defending the indefensible….

It's just a fact. 

No defence. 

Just a fact. 

A team from the same division knocked us out the lc last season. 

The sc on the other hand... 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The midfield has been lacking for a long time and particularly since Djoum left imo. 

Yip, a Djoum type would be great. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I wasn't his biggest fan either , although when he first came he was great.Then of course he started getting used out wide by Levein so maybe that's why I went off him but you are right it's far worse since he left.

Class of 75
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Alloa was shite, but getting papped out by a club in the same division is not a shock to me or for cup football in general. 

Be similar to St Mirren, Killie, Hamilton or such mince knocking us out this year. 

Shite, but not quite a shock. 

Brora on the other hand.... 😭

Nonsense. Alloa defeat was a shock irrelevant what division they are in. If Celtic or Rangers got knocked out if the cup by say a Hamilton or Livingston would be seen as a shock. Considering our budget, stature and the fact that they had never beaten us in our history i. e. approaching 150 years, yes it was a shock and an embarrassment. No covering up can deny that. 

Edited by Class of 75

2 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

A few updates with the young boys going out on loan. Still look very weak in centre midfield, I'm hoping Haring can recover his form - he always looked better against the better sides - think his role becomes a bit redundant against poorer sides.

Smith/Kingsley are also covering at CB but we look very thin at CB.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022
- Ross Stewart - 2023

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2022
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- John Souttar- 2022
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022

Left Backs
- Stephen Kingsley - 2022
- Alex Cochrane - 2022 (Loan)

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Aaron McEneff - 2023
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Andy Halliday- 2022
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Connor Smith - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023
- Josh Ginnelly - 2023
- Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Armand Gnanduillet - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

On Loan
- Harry Stone - Partick Thistle (Season)
- Scott McGill - Airdrie (January)
- Chris Hamilton - Arbroath (January)

Jesus Christ. Look at the numbers out of contract next summer. That is very scary.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Nonsense. Alloa defeat was a shock irrelevant what division they are in. If Celtic or Rangers got knocked out if the cup by say a Hamilton or Livingston would be seen as a shock. Considering our budget, stature and the fact that they had never beaten us in our history i. e. approaching 150 years, yes it was a shock and an embarrassment. No covering up can deny that. 

Nah, not imo. 

Alloa not beating us for  150 years is irrelevant to what's happening in the modern day. 

Ross County beat celtic at parkhead last season, I wasn't shocked, St Mirren beat rangers. 

I was shock free. 

Another team in the same division beating abother whatever the status is really not shock material, for me anyway. 

Still utter shite tho. 

This season it would be  more of a shock. 

Not a shock as the numerous defeats to lower league teams and not as bad as Broro which was ridiculous. 

Last comment I'll make, Fred going off topic 

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Was the WOW signing no talked about over 2 months ago now? 

Think we can safely say the WOW signing isn’t happening 

Possibly I'd just take A signing need something as that squad needs fresh blood 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Jesus Christ. Look at the numbers out of contract next summer. That is very scary.

Don't be scared. 

31 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Neilson will no doubt be saying next week that we’re going with what we have and that was always the intention

You are forgetting that Neilson isn’t responsible for signings so he can’t be blamed for this one 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Neilson will no doubt be saying next week that we’re going with what we have and that was always the intention

Hopefully not. 

But if he does the seethe would be funny. 

We'll get 3/4 in. 

It is all a bit last minute, seems to be the case across the board, very little movement. 

56 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Utter drivel. 

Alloa were relegated and were god awful. Losing to them was completely unacceptable and was a shock.

I know you like to defend Neilson but FFS have a word.

In a round about way he is having a dig at Neilson.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You are forgetting that Neilson isn’t responsible for signings so he can’t be blamed for this one 

Ooh, a Savage oot thread will be a nice change. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gambo said:

In a round about way he is having a dig at Neilson.

Swing n' a miss. 

I'm having a go at CL, Stendel, the players and the clubs that voted to demote us. 

Robbie never relegated us and put us in the championship alongside clubs like Alloa. 

Robbie got us promoted, so that if Alloa were to beat us next season then it would be a shock. 

Do try and keep up. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, David Black said:

Why did we not reach the standard we did against Celtic and Hibs most weeks. Could it be our coaching staff are really not very good, an opinion held by most.

Did Celtic and HIbs pack their defences for 90 mins?

RustyRightPeg
36 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

In fairness, the system we play with the back 3 can accommodate a shorter or less physical player in there

Yeah I’d agree. I’d always held hopes for the lad because he’s always been regarded as one of the leaders in the younger squads and you can never have enough of them coming through at a club.

Nookie Bear
28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Even if it means cutting back elsewhere, we need to get Souttar tied down this summer. 

A proper investment in a player that can make us millions and help us win matches in the meantime. 

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Lots of people playing for contracts. Some players have been a bit comfy recently.

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Lots of people playing for contracts. Some players have been a bit comfy recently.

I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing either. 

53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Swing n' a miss. 

I'm having a go at CL, Stendel, the players and the clubs that voted to demote us. 

Robbie never relegated us and put us in the championship alongside clubs like Alloa. 

Robbie got us promoted, so that if Alloa were to beat us next season then it would be a shock. 

Do try and keep up. 

Remind me who was in charge when we were knocked out of Europe by Maltese plumbers and waiters.

Neilson has pre cons for pish poor results against pish poor teams. 

Do try and keep up with all those pish poor results.

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Remind me who was in charge when we were knocked out of Europe by Maltese plumbers and waiters.

Neilson has pre cons for pish poor results against pish poor teams. 

Do try and keep up with all those pish poor results.

You will get nowhere.

Actually think he is Robbie. 😏

4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Most players raise their game for a higher standard of opposition and magnitude of match. 

Combine that with no atmosphere and no crowds across the whole season. Players react differently, some thrive some don’t. 

Dont be logical…how very ****ing dare you 🤣

Good to see weve gone off topic from signings to robbie oot again 🤣 this place is a hoot. Tbf it has improved since this mornings/afternoons meltdown

mellors1874

Savage needs to pull something out the hat in the next few days or it's going to be a long season.

He says that he has 2 player deals almost done but waiting on the players coming back to him for me these players should have been told sign now or deals off.

We need at least 4-5 new players in and I'm not confident as it stands today that will happen.

At the very minimum the soonest we will see any new players is 5 days before the start of the season. I'm not going to pretend I'm a football agent or have any intimate knowledge of the finer details of transfers but it feels lazy. The last thing I want are desperate last minute signings. They have had ample time to identify and tie down players, something that should have been happening since last season. 

I'm happy with most of the spine of the team. I'm not wanting 11 signings, I just want 2 - centre back and striker. Anything else would be nice but not completely necessary. The fact we seem to be struggling to sign 2 players concerns me.

I know, be patient etc etc but we've been waiting weeks now. All other clubs are making movement. Sure, we need the right players and all that but there's so many free agents available who would improve us it's crazy. 

I just don't know lads, I'm getting worried. 

The_razors_edge
2 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

He came to Hillsborough on loan last season and he was that bad he couldn’t even get a game in a terrible squad. Definitely one to avoid and has gone backwards at a rate of knots.

For the avoidance of doubt I wasn’t suggesting we sign him. His availability was brought to my attention by Derek Rae who I follow on Twitter. Putting 2 and 2 together I thought he might be someone we’ve looked at or are looking at. 

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, Sertse said:

At the very minimum the soonest we will see any new players is 5 days before the start of the season. I'm not going to pretend I'm a football agent or have any intimate knowledge of the finer details of transfers but it feels lazy. The last thing I want are desperate last minute signings. They have had ample time to identify and tie down players, something that should have been happening since last season. 

I'm happy with most of the spine of the team. I'm not wanting 11 signings, I just want 2 - centre back and striker. Anything else would be nice but not completely necessary. The fact we seem to be struggling to sign 2 players concerns me.

I know, be patient etc etc but we've been waiting weeks now. All other clubs are making movement. Sure, we need the right players and all that but there's so many free agents available who would improve us it's crazy. 

I just don't know lads, I'm getting worried. 

A striker will likely be on the bench if Boyce continues his current form. It would be an incredible bit of business to get an upgrade on him. Assuming he will be on the bench, it isn’t anywhere near as urgent as it is being portrayed! A top quality centre back would be nice but we have enough quality to get through the opening games, if Souttar stays fit.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A striker will likely be on the bench if Boyce continues his current form. It would be an incredible bit of business to get an upgrade on him. Assuming he will be on the bench, it isn’t anywhere near as urgent as it is being portrayed! A top quality centre back would be nice but we have enough quality to get through the opening games, if Souttar stays fit.

I don't feel Halkett is as good as he used to be and Souttar staying fit is a big if. I don't want to get caught out this season. We definitely have the potential for top 4 with the right tweaks and signings. I'm happy we've cleared so many players from the books but it's time to open the war chest and get a couple top signings. We're the third biggest club in Scotland, I just wish we would bloody act like it.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely a good thing! 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You will get nowhere.

Actually think he is Robbie. 😏

Nah, just a Robbie fandan walloper.

ToqueJambo is Robbie.

42 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Savage needs to pull something out the hat in the next few days or it's going to be a long season.

He says that he has 2 player deals almost done but waiting on the players coming back to him for me these players should have been told sign now or deals off.

We need at least 4-5 new players in and I'm not confident as it stands today that will happen.

thank christ you arent doing deals for us. Sign or deals off. We are not in a position to act like that no matter what you or others may think. 

David Black
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did Celtic and HIbs pack their defences for 90 mins?

They didn't have to.

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Just stop. It was the first time they had ever beaten us. 

It’s right up there with Brora and the Maltese mob. 

The three worst results in our history. 

Edit. All under Robbie’s watch and all sackable offences. 

I think it was the second time Alloa have beaten us, though we don’t play them very often thankfully. I think the Forfar and Montrose cup defeats an( under Alex McDonald ) and East Stirling home league defeat ( under Tony Ford ) were worse results. 

it was still a bad defeat though but we’ve lost to lower league teams in cups and not sacked the manager before. Even Sergio managed to lose away to Ayr though the ref had a big say in that one. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it was the second time Alloa have beaten us, though we don’t play them very often thankfully. I think the Forfar and Montrose cup defeats an( under Alex McDonald ) and East Stirling home league defeat ( under Tony Ford ) were worse results. 

it was still a bad defeat though but we’ve lost to lower league teams in cups and not sacked the manager before. Even Sergio managed to lose away to Ayr though the ref had a big say in that one. 

Anybody that has watched Hearts over the years will remember far bigger disasters. Like being beaten on last home game to Kilmarnock as they won the title, the Dundee fiasco, StMirren cup final defeat and a good few others.  All far worse than Brora result.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I love this notion that players in their final year suddenly start to play like Messi, particularly the ones we seem to sign.

For comfy read shite. 

davemclaren
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Alloa had beaten us in a friendly, never in a competitive match until Robbie rocked up. 

Hearts were in dire straits financially and therefore on the pitch for the other defeats you mention, making the Alloa cup defeat worse in my opinion. 

Sergio had a decent team at Ayr, he won the cup with it. Similarly Alex had almost won the league with the team that list at home to Montrose. 

However, it’s all about opinions. 

11 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Absolute nonsense.

Presumably you haven’t seen Hearts except recently. 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Players looking for an inspirational manager are looking elsewhere. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***