***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, theshed said:

One thing is for sure it just goes to show the couple of posters on here who are supposedly ITK no absolutely nothing and have been having blind stabs in the dark 

The player we were meant to have signed on a pre contract back in January was another wild guess

On the plus side starting with same squad there’s a good chance we might be looking for a new manger come September 

Always thought the ‘K’ in ‘ITK’ stood for ‘know’ …

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

mellors1874
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Robbie has left the pre match press conference to Lee Mculloch this week, either he is busy welcoming our new superstars or in hiding.

Be away to get tips of the new woman's manager about how to get the shine back in his hair.

2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Robbie has left the pre match press conference to Lee Mculloch this week, either he is busy welcoming our new superstars or in hiding.

He's away getting his teeth done like Jig's 

Just now, mellors1874 said:

Be away to get tips of the new woman's manager about how to get the shine back in his hair.

Hope they share the knowledge....any tips for hair loss would be great as well

mellors1874
Just now, gov said:

Hope they share the knowledge....any tips for hair loss would be great as well

Just shave it off mate 

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Always thought the ‘K’ in ‘ITK’ stood for ‘know’ …

:lol:

2 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Just shave it off mate 

Not quite at that stage yet buy its edging closer...just like hearts making a signing

Edited by gov

AllyjamboDerbyshire
55 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Put a name to him then, or it's just another load of BS.

I very much doubt FF posted that to be given ITK status or is in the least concerned if someone thinks it might be BS. I'd suspect he's either heard something while watching the youths or has seen, and recognised, someone being shown around Riccarton who just happens to be a CB. If, as I suspect, he gives no names it will be because he respects our club far too much to indulge in any form of 'look how clever I am', and not because it's BS.

The_razors_edge

David Bates anyone? Been bombed out the Hamburg 1st team and now playing in their regionalliga squad till he can find a new club. 

1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

David Bates anyone? Been bombed out the Hamburg 1st team and now playing in their regionalliga squad till he can find a new club. 

Didn't he sign to a team in belgium ?

The_razors_edge
Just now, buzzbomb said:

Didn't he sign to a team in belgium ?

Not according to Derek Rae on twitter mate 

31 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I see nothing there to support the supreme confidence some people have in Savage. Worryingly this paragraph is starting to sound familiar, albeit that could be down to Preston and Hearts tightening purse strings:

“The last 18 months will have been frustrating for him in terms of recruitment, with the club only bringing in two players over that time period despite working hard to identify targets.”

I think you have to look at the circumstances at PNE as well. They operate quite a tight budget so don't generally pay lots for players and they had to try and find players from lower levels to play and be competitive in the Championship. So guys from the Irish league for example would be stepping up a couple of levels and it does look like every player they signed was a bit of a punt. 

Looking from the outside, his strike rate didn't look great, but he's young, he's probably learned quite a bit from PNE and hopefully he can do better here. Two very different clubs in very different leagues so I don't think we can read too much into it. The SPL is a very different box of frogs and players that don't suit this league may have been a success down South and vice versa. 

Personally, I don't think anyone should be blowing smoke up his arse though or writing him off on the other hand. He's unproven here, this is his first real test and so far we have nothing to really judge him on. The old clichéd saying, the proof is in the pudding, rings true. However, it is a tad worrying that there has been little movement given the work needed on the team. Stating the obvious but we'll just have to wait and see if he can do the business, that's all we can do at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Not according to Derek Rae on twitter mate 

👍 Maybe he was just on loan there last year 

9 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

He's a RB or RCB, not really the left sided Centerhalf we need to provide balance. 

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Big fan of Bates and would take him in a heartbeat. Right sided yes, but still a good player to have in the team providing competition. I'd actually be tempted to have Bates in ahead of Halkett. 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Hmmm.  FF has always been a responsible poster with a fact based knowledge of the club.  Maybe cut him a break?

FF is the man👍🇱🇻 one of the best posters on here. 

Footballfirst

I have no idea who will be signed or not, but Hearts do look at players by fielding trialists in bounce games, as they have done this week. 

The only thing on the internet worse than this thread is the Knees Up Mother Brown West Ham Transfer thread 😀

Best season since 1986 and doing nothing to strengthen as yet. That is a very threadbare squad too. A couple of injuries away from real trouble.

It’s like going out with ugly twins 😀

The_razors_edge
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The only thing on the internet worse than this thread is the Knees Up Mother Brown West Ham Transfer thread 😀

Best season since 1986 and doing nothing to strengthen as yet. That is a very threadbare squad too. A couple of injuries away from real trouble.

It’s like going out with ugly twins 😀

As a fellow Hammer I share your pain 🤦🏼‍♂️

Gordon Ramsay
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I have no idea who will be signed or not, but Hearts do look at players by fielding trialists in bounce games, as they have done this week. 

Any chance of a clue FF? 

It's not Gordan Petric is it? 

10 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Any chance of a clue FF? 

It's not Gordan Petric is it? 

I’ve still not accepted that free header he had against Stuttgart.

sounds familiar

Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports News, Postecoglou said: "It's probably the one area we're chipping away but not having the visible results.

"Of course we've signed Liel Abada who came in and had a fantastic debut as well as Carl Starfeltand Kyogo Furuhashi but both of them are not here right now which are the challenges of the world we live in at the moment.

"That's the frustrating bit - it would have been great to have those two boys in already and the other ones we are working on concluded a bit quicker.

"That's not through a lack of wanting or hard work - we're endeavouring to get there and chipping away and hopefully over the next two or three weeks we'll bear the fruit of that."

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, bazman said:

sounds familiar

Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports News, Postecoglou said: "It's probably the one area we're chipping away but not having the visible results.

"Of course we've signed Liel Abada who came in and had a fantastic debut as well as Carl Starfeltand Kyogo Furuhashi but both of them are not here right now which are the challenges of the world we live in at the moment.

"That's the frustrating bit - it would have been great to have those two boys in already and the other ones we are working on concluded a bit quicker.

"That's not through a lack of wanting or hard work - we're endeavouring to get there and chipping away and hopefully over the next two or three weeks we'll bear the fruit of that."

Seems that fans, understandably so are getting frustrated at a lack of activity but looks pretty much across the board.  It's not like everyone else is ramming in the signings and we're an outlier.  Covid obviously having a bigger impact than expected.  Players will be thinking twice about moving away from family if they can't travel back/bubbles/restrictions.  Budgets no doubt impacted all over the place too.

Very weird window.

Hungry hippo
29 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

First ITK post that has interested me in ages.

36 minutes ago, Barack said:

Not even a Jedi can restore the imbalance we have.

We're not too bad for balance everywhere else other than Centerhalf. We could probably do alright with what we have as long as we get a good LCB. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We're not too bad for balance everywhere else other than Centerhalf. We could probably do alright with what we have as long as we get a good LCB. 

We were absolute shite playing against shite in the championship.I think folk have short memories our squad is largely pish.

18 minutes ago, bazman said:

sounds familiar

Work permits. 

Footballfirst

Chris Hamilton's loan move to Arbroath now confirmed by the club.  It's pretty clear he has no future at Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We were absolute shite playing against shite in the championship.I think folk have short memories our squad is largely pish.

More down to the manager than the players imo. 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

A couple of wins or a run of wins v part timers certainly doesn't change the fact that this is essentially the same squad that toiled for periods in the Championship. That said, a good Centerhalf in there and at least we have a reliable backline even if our midfield is still a bit below par. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, andrew said:

Why do I have a horrible feeling we're looking at Efe Ambrose?

I think he's good, but he will blow up one in a while. 🙄

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

A couple of wins or a run of wins v part timers certainly doesn't change the fact that this is essentially the same squad that toiled for periods in the Championship. That said, a good Centerhalf in there and at least we have a reliable backline even if our midfield is still a bit below par. 

Same old story every season and again it doesn't seem like it's a priority our midfield is nowhere near good enough.

29 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’ve still not accepted that free header he had against Stuttgart.

No quite a free header, although could have been less stupid looking if he did head it

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We were the best in the championship by a distance. 

We also matched celtic and Hibs in the games we played them. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

More down to the manager than the players imo. 

Well the manager is still here.I think it's both though 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Agree, midfield maestro needed. 

Must be shit enough to have us as his best option but be Good enough to boss every game.

Tricky. 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Well the manager is still here.I think it's both though 

The squad might not be good enough but they were more than good enough for their opponents in the championship and I’m not talking about the scrappy 1-0 wins either. After Robbie’s ‘blip’ we apparently had a clear the air chat between senior players, coaching staff and Joe savage. This resulted in us hammering teams for the rest of the season. That tells me everything I need to know. A mangers job is to get the best out of his players. The next blip we won’t be able to recover from by playing against shite teams. 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I'll just chuck a name out there (not ITK):

Sherwin Seedorf. Ex Motherwell winger.

Was thinking Polwarth myself.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The squad might not be good enough but they were more than good enough for their opponents in the championship and I’m not talking about the scrappy 1-0 wins either. After Robbie’s ‘blip’ we apparently had a clear the air chat between senior players, coaching staff and Joe savage. This resulted in us hammering teams for the rest of the season. That tells me everything I need to know. A mangers job is to get the best out of his players. The next blip we won’t be able to recover from by playing against shite teams. 

Neilson had "blips", like all teams have, in his other seasons too and was able to recover from them. Not saying he'll do it this season but he has done it in the top league and a more competitive Championship than last season's.

1 minute ago, Four faces said:

Polwarth been mentioned a few times. Seemed to split opinion on here. 

1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

Bates would be a good signing IMO.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Neilson had "blips", like all teams have, in his other seasons too and was able to recover from them. Not saying he'll do it this season but he has done it in the top league and a more competitive Championship than last season's.

Time will tell. Hopefully he steers us to a successful season. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Fortunately he has signed for Kilmarnock 

David Black
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We were the best in the championship by a distance. 

We also matched celtic and Hibs in the games we played them. 

Why did we not reach the standard we did against Celtic and Hibs most weeks. Could it be our coaching staff are really not very good, an opinion held by most.

6 minutes ago, Four faces said:

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Signed for Kilmarnock a good while ago.

Also not a centre-back.

Thomson1874

A few updates with the young boys going out on loan. Still look very weak in centre midfield, I'm hoping Haring can recover his form - he always looked better against the better sides - think his role becomes a bit redundant against poorer sides.

Smith/Kingsley are also covering at CB but we look very thin at CB.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022
- Ross Stewart - 2023

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2022
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- John Souttar- 2022
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022

Left Backs
- Stephen Kingsley - 2022
- Alex Cochrane - 2022 (Loan)

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Aaron McEneff - 2023
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Andy Halliday- 2022
- Loic Damour - 2023
- Connor Smith - 2022

Wide Midfielders
- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023
- Josh Ginnelly - 2023
- Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Armand Gnanduillet - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

On Loan
- Harry Stone - Partick Thistle (Season)
- Scott McGill - Airdrie (January)
- Chris Hamilton - Arbroath (January)

Just now, DC_92 said:

Also not a centre-back.

Knew he wasn’t a centre back, didn’t know he’d signed for killie. 

Just now, DC_92 said:

Also not a centre-back.

Good.Knew he was a midfielder and had a guess as didn't see he meant a CB.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***