***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

199 against 334. 

Not the last one I saw but I got banned from the poll thread for being too awesome

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

You said Hartley would have walked and I got the sense you thought that was the appropriate response to a bad defeat. If Neilson didn't move to test himself in England why did he move? Are you in the "he was hounded out by the fans" camp?

Well you sensed wrong then didn't you? I said I think Hartley would have walked or taken on all the blame and as such the other posters assertion was wrong. I never at any stage suggested he would be right in doing so just that it would have avoided him being the scenario Neilson finds himself in.

Hartleys one guy, Neilson is another. They'd both behave as they saw appropriate. I think one wouldn't have the fans on his back for long as he'd leave if it got to that, and one, well, does. That's entirely their prerogative. I may be wrong about Hartley, as I said, it was my opinion on how I think he'd handle it.

Not that it's remotely relevant to my post to the other poster I replied to which we've established you didn't understand and in your rush to defend Neilson jumped all over but I don't see how anyone can describe moving to MK Dons, getting hounded out at MK Dons and ending up back in the Scottish Championship with Dundee United could constitute as pushing your career on.

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Next season. 

Surely the January window will bless us with new recruits?!?

I'm getting that desperate I want a scarf above head shot of whoever gets the chef de partie position!!!

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's a new season why not get behind the team and the manager until you actually have something to complain about. 

Last season is over promotion was achieved with plenty to spare so move on. 

What is the point of all this negativety before a ball has been kicked in our league campaigns. 

The LC has went well so perhaps the form will continue into the league season. 

Given we've been as bad as we've ever been while some fans have constantly been moaning, even when we've been going well, you'd think they would consider changing their approach.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Well you sensed wrong then didn't you? I said I think Hartley would have walked or taken on all the blame and as such the other posters assertion was wrong. I never at any stage suggested he would be right in doing so just that it would have avoided him being the scenario Neilson finds himself in.

Hartleys one guy, Neilson is another. They'd both behave as they saw appropriate. I think one wouldn't have the fans on his back for long as he'd leave if it got to that, and one, well, does. That's entirely their prerogative. I may be wrong about Hartley, as I said, it was my opinion on how I think he'd handle it.

Not that it's remotely relevant to my post to the other poster I replied to which we've established you didn't understand and in your rush to defend Neilson jumped all over but I don't see how anyone can describe moving to MK Dons, getting hounded out at MK Dons and ending up back in the Scottish Championship with Dundee United could constitute as pushing your career on.

That poster had replied to my original post. What some have against Neilson is beyond me. In 30 odd years I've never seen such sustained vitriol against someone who has been a very, very good servant to us and is in no way responsible for any of the disasters over the last few years.

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's a new season why not get behind the team and the manager until you actually have something to complain about. 

Last season is over promotion was achieved with plenty to spare so move on. 

What is the point of all this negativety before a ball has been kicked in our league campaigns. 

The LC has went well so perhaps the form will continue into the league season. 

Where am I being negative?

I didn't criticise Neilson, I didn't say he should have done something different I simply gave my reason as to why I think he's in that situation and why I don't think Paul Hartley would find himself in it.

Another poster then asked me questions loosely related to what I posted and I tried my best to answer them.

As for my post you've quoted, do you disagree that what a manager says has an effect on how fans perceive them? I think it's hard to argue that. I've not criticised anyone in that post though other that state what generally happens dependent on which approach a manager takes...which is entirely up to them which route they go down.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we're going to judge Neilson on past performance, why are we only allowed to judge him on last season and not the other 2.5  as Hearts manager when he did a perfectly good job (more than good at times)? 

Aye Levein and JJ shouldn't have been sacked either cos they had good first spells too. 😝

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That poster had replied to my original post. What some have against Neilson is beyond me. In 30 odd years I've never seen such sustained vitriol against someone who has been a very, very good servant to us and is in no way responsible for any of the disasters over the last few years.

That's all well and good, it's still doesn't change my opinion that Paul Hartley wouldn't find himself in this situation because he wouldn't allow it to get to that stage. That's not me passing any judgement on Neilson, it's my opinion on Paul Hartley. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Aye Levein and JJ shouldn't have been sacked either cos they had good first spells too. 😝

JJ shouldn't have been sacked. He had a perfectly decent 2nd spell. Laid the foundations for the cup win the following season in fact.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That's all well and good, it's still doesn't change my opinion that Paul Hartley wouldn't find himself in this situation because he wouldn't allow it to get to that stage. That's not me passing any judgement on Neilson, it's my opinion on Paul Hartley. 

But Paul Hartley is pish in comparison to Neilson. Or have I missed something along the way. 

Folk just don't like Neilson, it's as plain and simple as that and nothing to do with football. 

Probably wouldn't enjoy a beer with him but trust him to deliver points 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

But Paul Hartley is pish in comparison to Neilson. Or have I missed something along the way. 

Folk just don't like Neilson, it's as plain and simple as that and nothing to do with football. 

Again, where did I argue anything to the contrary?

The idea that fans would tolerate the same from Paul Hartley more than they do from Neilson may or may not be true...but in my opinion, Hartley would walk or take the blame for poor results and as such wouldn't find himself in that position in the first place.

In the made up scenario I think they'd both take different approaches and as such there would be different outcomes because I do believe what managers say effects how fans feel about them rightly or wrongly.

I'm out. Neilson is the best, Paul Hartley is rubbish. Everyone can rest easy now.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Sir Gio said:

The manager he reminds me of most personality wise is Burley. I though Neilson spoke really well on the Scarves Around the Funnel podcast personally. It's weird how some seem to hate him so much. As a player I neither liked him or disliked him. He was just unassuming, similar to his interview style. He seems to be able to get players playing for him though, based on his time with us.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

JJ shouldn't have been sacked. He had a perfectly decent 2nd spell. Laid the foundations for the cup win the following season in fact.

JJ only won 2 of his last 15 games in charge, and Vlad was a bit less forgiving than Budge (unless you're called Stendel obvs). 

Anyway the point being that a manager stands and falls on results in the here and now, not in a previous spell years earlier.

siegementality

Seeing as the transfer thread has went to rat shit I’ll add my tuppence in about Neilson.

I don’t like him, or his boring football, and I will be happy when he gets punted.

Don’t bother replying. I made my mind up a long time ago.

Rocky jamboa

I hope Robbie sends the team out with a bit of belief next Saturday v the tims as they're there for the taking if we go for it. None of the cup final tactics of sitting back and only changing it when we go 2 down. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Both Levein and Neilson walked out on Hearts as manager so I'm not sure they do care that much...one went as far as to describe us a provincial club when doing so. 

I replied to another poster that I don't think Paul Hartley would ever get himself into this situation and I stand by that. I then answered your question as to whether what the manager says makes any difference...it does...as seen by people's reactions to Robbie's excuses. I'm not interested in what players should or shouldn't do, nor did I suggest any manager should walk away. I mentioned one who I think would 

Of course it's up to their bosses to sack them, but when their boss clearly doesn't know what to do/won't do it then people who genuinely care about a club will at times walk away to save that non-decision or pay off. 

Hartley didn't walk away from Falkirk until pushed & remember his transfer request when  1st Celtic bid turned down when Robbo was manager

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If Kiwi is upset about it then I‘ll apologise but not you, wet wipe

Not in the slightest.  I'm upset that west ham only got 6.  It should have been 10.

4 hours ago, chrisg8 said:

How can we laugh we couldn't even score against a team in the 3rd flight of English football 

Jesus **** what is wrong with people on here. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

No shit.

Neilson didn't do that though. Levein did to an extent, but again why decry is when doing so if he cared so much?

Anyway, as I said, I think Hartley would walk away/take the blame. Hence why I questioned the other posters assertion. All the other stuff is you simply looking to defend Neilson when I didn't even criticise him but merely pointed out why it's unlikely Hartley would find himself with the fans against him.

I also haven't suggested anyone should walk away as manager.

You think a manager would walk away after a bad result? Almost no manager would unless pushed and it was walk or be sacked. Hartley is no different. This is their livelihoods remember.  

12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Another day for trolls. 

But fortunately another day Robbie Neilson oversees Hearts progress 

:pleasing:

It's so sad. I know a couple of the worst are hobos but also a few are Hearts fans and I just don't get it. We are just about to start our league campaign and all they want to talk about is how shite, İTO, our manager is. In every bloody thread

Ainsley Harriott
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Back on topic !! We expecting any new signings before game against Celtic?

Nope

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we're going to judge Neilson on past performance, why are we only allowed to judge him on last season and not the other 2.5  as Hearts manager when he did a perfectly good job (more than good at times)? 

craig levein also did a good job first time around. Things change 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Results have been decent since the change of formation. Long may it continue.

agreed

5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can’t see it. 

I’m usually fairly optimistic, but feel this is turning into a damp squib. 

I echo a few concerns about all the talk but nothing has crossed the line. 2 signings we are/were waiting on, but nothing has materialised. 

Might be a case of putting all our eggs in one basket. 

Reckon it’ll be 2/3 underwhelming loan signings near end of the window.

Nothing before Celtic at least. 

But I know sweet FA, so it’s all conjecture. 

15 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

I see the TENA Man club are on here again. 

This place stinks of pish and broken biscuits. 

😂

next seasons shirt sponsor then. 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

It's so sad. I know a couple of the worst are hobos but also a few are Hearts fans and I just don't get it. We are just about to start our league campaign and all they want to talk about is how shite, İTO, our manager is. In every bloody thread

What don't you get?

We're about to start a new season with a shite squad, shite management, shite board. Nothing has changed from last season were we struggled against part timers, were going to playing teams that will punish us for playing a style of football were not good enough for and have a manager that is more suited to the championship. Nothing has changed there's nothing to get excited about were gonna get humiliated in games but you lot think Robbie just needs more time eh and any nae sayers are just pant setters or hibs fans.

26 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Can’t see it. 

I’m usually fairly optimistic, but feel this is turning into a damp squib. 

I echo a few concerns about all the talk but nothing has crossed the line. 2 signings we are/were waiting on, but nothing has materialised. 

Might be a case of putting all our eggs in one basket. 

Reckon it’ll be 2/3 underwhelming loan signings near end of the window.

Nothing before Celtic at least. 

But I know sweet FA, so it’s all conjecture. 

I was told that both fell through 

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

6 days until the league opener, Snoreson and Tattie heed still haven't found a player. 

Bit of respect, please. 

It’s Joe Saverage. 🙂

16 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

I was told that both fell through 

Certainly looks that way as another poster noted could end up with more loan signings 

Mr Elwood P
29 minutes ago, Herbert said:

What don't you get?

We're about to start a new season with a shite squad, shite management, shite board. Nothing has changed from last season were we struggled against part timers, were going to playing teams that will punish us for playing a style of football were not good enough for and have a manager that is more suited to the championship. Nothing has changed there's nothing to get excited about were gonna get humiliated in games but you lot think Robbie just needs more time eh and any nae sayers are just pant setters or hibs fans.

Explain fully, how nothing has changed between losing 2-1 to Brora Rangers and then losing 2-3 at home to QOTS, compared  with a run of consecutive clean sheets with a number of goals scored? No subjective or objective rationale for the statement ‘nothing has changed’ .

MR INCREDIBLE

We have a few staff on the books that deal with recruitment,signings etc.

They will be picking up decent money for absolutely no results.

BackOfTheNet
6 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Personally I don’t think so. It’ll be our longest stretch without a game (5 working days) for a while so there’s more opportunity in the next week than there has been but I doubt it. Starting to doubt we’ll see anything until last few weeks of August to be honest.

There is a fair few on this thread that are absolutely at it. Standing back in there pish stained y-fronts admiring post after post of absolute ****ing nonsense.

Edited by droid

Really surprised by the  lack of transfer activity I would have thought with it being Joe Savages first real window there would be a real statement of intent still time I suppose however concern is creeping in

Niemi’s gloves
6 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

We have a few staff on the books that deal with recruitment,signings etc.

They will be picking up decent money for absolutely no results.

To be fair, not signing mediocre players is some sort of a result. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

If we don't bring in any new players this window then we can give a few youth players more of an opportunity 

We have got a good solid settled squad as it is 

What's the point in bringing in other mediocre squad players, we need players of higher quality that will make a difference at the club to go into the starting 11, give us a sharper cutting edge up top, toughen us up in the middle of the park and these players tend to have more options and cost money 

Maybe we are skint or maybe player's incoming have waiting payments due at the end of the month, so many different variables to deal with 

We will still pump Celtic next week regardless! 

lost in space
18 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To be fair, not signing mediocre players is some sort of a result. 

This is the new "Hearts way". For example - if you set your sights low (top 6 only), there is less chance of failure.

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

What don't you get?

Precisely. There is more than a slight whiff about this thread.

rudeskaboyuk

Ain't it funny how Hearts are setting their sights low in hoping for a top six finish but also setting their sights high on how many season tickets we want to be selling. 

I am sure there is a correlation between the two !

If we as a 'big club' accept scraping into top 6 as success then we will very quickly go back to crowds of around 10,000 

BackOfTheNet

I don’t think anyone can be classed as being negative for simply pointing out the fact that we have only signed one new player (on loan) in the window so far. I’ve been accused of being negative or “pant wetting” for wondering what the hold up was a month ago. I can even understand that, but if we go into August with the same one signing it’s no longer negative pant wetting (not that it ever was) it’s just fact. Even the most optimistic of fans at the start of the window wouldn’t have thought that only one signing by this point would be the case.

Not least as lot of players have left. But also, mainly, we’re a newly promoted side - that alone would make you think squad additions would have been made by now. It would be perfectly normal for fans of ANY newly promoted side (Dundee up here, Norwich, Brentford and Watford down south for example) to be concerned by lack of signings when making a step up. Why Hearts fans should be any different, and instead get accused of being negative pant wetters, is mind boggling.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, lost in space said:

This is the new "Hearts way". For example - if you set your sights low (top 6 only), there is less chance of failure.

9 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Ain't it funny how Hearts are setting their sights low in hoping for a top six finish but also setting their sights high on how many season tickets we want to be selling. 

I am sure there is a correlation between the two !

If we as a 'big club' accept scraping into top 6 as success then we will very quickly go back to crowds of around 10,000 

Best listen to the Savage interview lads …

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***