***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Might even have to name the stand the Alex Cochrane stand.

I'm getting depressed.  Does nobody want to play for us?

Alex Cochrane 😄

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Might even have to name the stand the Alex Cochrane stand.

I'm getting depressed.  Does nobody want to play for SNORESON?

No, unfortunately nobody does

Niemi’s gloves
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, unfortunately nobody does

Amending someone else’s post without a “fixed that for you” is very dodgy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Amending someone else’s post without a “fixed that for you” is very dodgy

Better alert MI5

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

And not even the decency to apologise

If Kiwi is upset about it then I‘ll apologise but not you, wet wipe

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If Kiwi is upset about it then I‘ll apologise but not you, wet wipe

Pathetic. Actually you owe an apology to anyone who saw Kiwidoug’s post as altered by you and thought that “snoreson” was his choice of words and sentiment - whether or not he is upset. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Pathetic. Actually you owe an apology to anyone who saw Kiwidoug’s post as altered by you and thought that “snoreson” was his choice of words and sentiment - whether or not he is upset. 

:rofl:

You sound like you’re actually going to start crying (again)

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If Robbie Neilson is upset by any of my posts I apologise. He is a very fine manager.

Good gracious!!

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Still no signings....

Right I'll check back in next week.

Week after next would be better. 

1 hour ago, chrisg8 said:

How can we laugh we couldn't even score against a team in the 3rd flight of English football 

Sorry my mistake😢

Hearts are rubbish we're gonny get relegated😭

Guest ToqueJambo

This "accepting mediocrity" shite is even worse than the "happy clapper" shite. There's a big difference between being happy and accepting of a 5th or 6th place finish and having watched Hearts long enough (and having enough brain cells) to know that we will get a 5th or 6th every few years, no matter who the manager is. The difference these past years is we've had several of those (and worse) in a row, and I don't see any Hearts fan accepting that. Where some seem to disagree is the way to reverse it.

A very large number thought bringing Tommy Wright in as manager was one surefire way not that long ago. Remind us where Killie are now?

And the total irony of this is that the one successful manager we've had in this sorry period in our history is the one guy who has never had us anywhere near finishing in those positions. And he's the one getting by far and away the worst and most sustained abuse of anyone connected to Hearts since the Pieman. Absolutely disgraceful. Roasters.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This "accepting mediocrity" shite is even worse than the "happy clapper" shite. There's a big difference between being happy and accepting of a 5th or 6th place finish and having watched Hearts long enough (and having enough brain cells) to know that we will get a 5th or 6th every few years, no matter who the manager is. The difference these past years is we've had several of those (and worse) in a row, and I don't see any Hearts fan accepting that. Where some seem to disagree is the way to reverse it.

A very large number thought bringing Tommy Wright in as manager was one surefire way not that long ago. Remind us where Killie are now?

And the total irony of this is that the one successful manager we've had in this sorry period in our history is the one guy who has never had us anywhere near finishing in those positions. And he's the one getting by far and away the worst and most sustained abuse of anyone connected to Hearts since the Pieman. Absolutely disgraceful. Roasters.

100% this …

If Paul Hartley had been responsible for the exact same performances and results as Neilson as Hearts manager, the fans would be 100% behind him for this campaign. With Robbie it’s personal and completely irrational! 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yip, nothing to do with his brand of 'football', or Alloa/Brora or his comments about fans, or his lack of ability to take any blame...etc etc.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% this …

If Paul Hartley had been responsible for the exact same performances and results as Neilson as Hearts manager, the fans would be 100% behind him for this campaign. With Robbie it’s personal and completely irrational! 

Without a doubt. 

It seems sad that the only way some are going to be happy is if the manager gets sacked. 

That will only happen if we have a poor start to the season. 

Still no doubt some will be happy if they are proved to be correct with their 'opinion' 🙄

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% this …

I don’t believe thats true at all.  

But the fact he isn’t the most engaging of characters doesn’t help, and his laundry list of excuses 🤦‍♂️

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Gambo said:

Yip, nothing to do with his brand of 'football', or Alloa/Brora or his comments about fans, or his lack of ability to take any blame...etc etc.

A winning brand of football, with lots of goals? No you're right it's nothing to do with that. Doddie, JJ, Burley, Sergio all had their awful cup and league defeats. Maybe Robbie will take a reasonable amount of blame if people aim some reasonable criticism. He probably knows what he says (or does) means nothing to a small but loud (on social media anyhow) section of the Hearts support? 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% this …

I do agree to a point.....I've never been one to slate our managers, ever. Happy Clapper if you like or suits, always looking towards the next game. Defended him on a couple of Hospitality chats citing his record beforehand. Last season tested that so much to the max with some of the worst inane laborious strolling performances I think I have witnessed in 30 odd years that for once I was in the get rid gang. Fairly obvious he was not going anywhere, Championship done.

Going forward I will support him and so far he has changed tact looking like a team at least driving forward.

We need new players but also need to bleed in the youth. 

If we had the same season in the Championship with Sir Paul at the helm with the same dire football, I'm not so sure my views would have been any different. 

27 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sorry my mistake😢

Hearts are rubbish we're gonny get relegated😭

Relegated behave young man, have a wee bit faith ffs

1 hour ago, Martin said:

We were definitely far too timid in the 1st half of the final and gave them far too much respect. The result v Brora was horrendous and embarrassing but that final is one that haunts me more, to have been 2 kicks away against them and having gifted them a 2 goal lead, if we had won that final it would have gone down as one of our greatest ever achievements. 

If we had started properly and been 2 up.at half time we would have defended in the 2nd half and probably ended the same

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% this …

Paul Hartley would have walked after Brora. Or at the very least taken all the blame.

That's partly why people don't warm to Neilson and exactly why Paul Hartley wouldn't get himself into such a situation. 

If Rudi Skacel had been a poor player for us and blamed everyone else for it...he wouldn't be a legend. Its easy to write a made up narrative to make a point.

Edited by Taffin

19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% this …

Speaking for myself that’s complete rubbish.    I don’t care who was in charge last season,   my confidence in the manager was completely knocked because of the abject performances in particular, along with a couple of unacceptable cup results.    We had the best squad and resources in the league and I’ve never seen us play such slow, ponderous and uninspiring football in my life.    I want RN to succeed as he’s in the job, and I desperately hope last season was an aberration,  but there was plenty of evidence for me to have some serious concerns.   Don’t give a monkeys if it was Hartley or Robbie tbh,  makes no odds to me.  I just want the team to flourish and play positive, enjoyable football. 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A winning brand of football, with lots of goals? No you're right it's nothing to do with that. Doddie, JJ, Burley, Sergio all had their awful cup and league defeats. Maybe Robbie will take a reasonable amount of blame if people aim some reasonable criticism. He probably knows what he says (or does) means nothing to a small but loud (on social media anyhow) section of the Hearts support? 

We were playing Morton, Dunfermline, Alloa,  QotS ...... ffs.

It is a very very small but loud section who support him no matter what.

There is a reason most polls (not just jkb) had a landslide wanting him gone.

It is embarrassing for Robbue that some fans are saying "well there is nothing we can do about it, he is here, so we need to get in with it", what a way for a manager/club to head into a season.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Taffin said:

Paul Hartley would have walked after Brora. Or at the very least taken all the blame.

That's partly why people don't warm to Neilson and exactly why Paul Hartley wouldn't get himself into such a situation. 

Does what anyone says in the media genuinely change anything though? Listen to any manager after a defeat and they will bring up factors that were involved in it, it's up to the listener if they read those as excuses or genuine factors. Personally, I ignore the football news after results like that. Don't read the reports and certainly don't bring it up time and time again for ages afterwards, even after we've started playing well again.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We were playing Morton, Dunfermline, Alloa,  QotS ...... ffs.

It is a very very small but loud section who support him no matter what.

There is a reason most polls (not just jkb) had a landslide wanting him gone.

It is embarrassing for Robbue that some fans are saying "well there is nothing we can do about it, he is here, so we need to get in with it", what a way for a manager/club to head into a season.

I'm not talking about last season. Forget about ****ing last season. We've not conceded in what 10 games  (if you really want to include last season) and have scored a lot. Who cares who the opposition is, that's what you want as a fan. We've made a solid start, that's a good thing.

Edited by ToqueJambo

38 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% this …

Not for me it isn't. I still quite like Robbie, and didn't want him sacked until the Brora debacle.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back, and was the culmination of some dire displays. When the club captain says the worst defeat in the club's history was coming, it really doesn't have to be personal to want the manager to be held to account.

He's here for a while at least, and it certainly isn't the first time I've had less than full confidence in the manager at the start of the season, and probably won't be the last.

Edited by fancy a brew

merseyjambo
36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% this …

Complete and utter crap.

Hartley, fantastic player though he was with us, is not a top flight manager. 

I’ll go the other way and say that if Hartley had delivered the embarrassing result at Brora last season, AB would have shown him the door

And it’s not personal. I didn’t want him back as I believe there were better options out there at the time we appointed him. He then puts together swathes of mediocre performances, playing pedestrian football, gets knocked out of the cup competitions by 2 part time teams, one of which had only started training 2 weeks before it but instead of saying I got it wrong, he turns it round and tells the fans if they want to watch a team who wins every week to follow Man City or United.

He has no idea how to be contrite and getting the fans back up with the Robbie blame game bingo every week means that fans who were ambivalent to his return actually turned on him. For a lot of those fans, there is no way back for him.

Edited by merseyjambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Does what anyone says in the media genuinely change anything though? Listen to any manager after a defeat and they will bring up factors that were involved in it, it's up to the listener if they read those as excuses or genuine factors. Personally, I ignore the football news after results like that. Don't read the reports and certainly don't bring it up time and time again for ages afterwards, even after we've started playing well again.

Yes, it changes things. Fans listen to the manager and when it goes well they revel in what they say. When it goes wrong they want to hear them take some responsibility and share how they're determined to make it right and in turn they'll be more forgiving. Or those particularly principled will walk away when they know they are out of their depth or overseen something that's just not acceptable for the club the manage rather than wait for a pay off. I think Paul Hartley would be one of those guys as I don't think he'd kick the arse out of it at Hearts. That's just opinion though.

A manager can either accept that and play the game or they can deny all responsibility and shift the blame elsewhere. That's entirely their prerogative but the outcome is that most fans will hold it against them and it pans out worse for everyone.

There will of course be some fans who ignore it entirely and only pay attention when it's gone well and they'll of course be more likely to clap along and find excuses for the manager. They are generally a minority though.

34 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% this …

Oh dear......... personal and completely irrational.... That's a little...... irrational 🤦

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

the VAST majority of the heart’s support wanted him to go after a season of abject performance and some unbelievably bad results 

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes, it changes things. Fans listen to the manager and when it goes well they revel in what they say. When it goes wrong they want to hear them take some responsibility and share how they're determined to make it right and in turn they'll be more forgiving. Or those particularly principled will walk away when they know they are out of their depth or overseen something that's just not acceptable for the club the manage rather than wait for a pay off. I think Paul Hartley would be one of those guys as I don't think he'd kick the arse out of it at Hearts. That's just opinion though.

A manager can either accept that and play the game or they can deny all responsibility and shift the blame elsewhere. That's entirely their prerogative but the outcome is that most fans will hold it against them and it pans out worse for everyone.

There will of course be some fans who ignore it entirely and only pay attention when it's gone well and they'll of course be more likely to clap along and find excuses for the manager. They are generally a minority though.

I think most people know how much the manager, especially someone like Neilson with his very long connection to the club, would be hurting. People aimed that at Levein too - that he didn't care. And they do it to other Hearts fans who just have different views. One guy posted anyone who buys a ST this season doesn't care about Hearts. Laughable.

As for walking away being the solution. Should players do that too when they have a few bad games? Surely the correct response is to stay to do whatever you can, just like it's up to fans to do their bit? It's up to their bosses to sack them. Walking away is the easy option - the coward's route.

Edited by ToqueJambo

41 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% this …

Not true.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the VAST majority of the heart’s support wanted him to go after a season of abject performance and some unbelievably bad results 

The most recent poll had just 300 or so wanting him out.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think most people know how much the manager, especially someone like Neilson with his very long connection to the club, would be hurting. People aimed that at Levein too - that he didn't care. And they do it to other Hearts fans who just have different views. One guy posted anyone who buys a ST this season doesn't care about Hearts. Laughable.

As for walking away being the solution. Should players do that too when they have a few bad games? Surely the correct response is to stay to do whatever you can, just like it's up to fans to do their bit? It's up to their bosses to sack them.

Both Levein and Neilson walked out on Hearts as manager so I'm not sure they do care that much...one went as far as to describe us a provincial club when doing so. 

I replied to another poster that I don't think Paul Hartley would ever get himself into this situation and I stand by that. I then answered your question as to whether what the manager says makes any difference...it does...as seen by people's reactions to Robbie's excuses. I'm not interested in what players should or shouldn't do, nor did I suggest any manager should walk away. I mentioned one who I think would 

Of course it's up to their bosses to sack them, but when their boss clearly doesn't know what to do/won't do it then people who genuinely care about a club will at times walk away to save that non-decision or pay off. 

Edited by Taffin

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Both Levein and Neilson walked out on Hearts as manager so I'm not sure they do care that much...one went as far as to describe us a provincial club when doing so. 

I replied to another poster that I don't think Paul Hartley would ever get himself into this situation and I stand by that. I then answered your question as to whether what the manager says makes any difference...it does...as seen by people's reactions to Robbie's excuses. I'm not interested in what players should or shouldn't do.

Of course it's up to their bosses to sack them, but when their boss clearly doesn't know what to do/won't do it then people who genuinely care about a club will at times walk away to save that non-decision or pay off. 

There's a difference between leaving to take up another job and push your career on, like almost every manager does, and walk after a bad defeat when you've been in the job a few months. For me that's the real test of a manager or player to see if they can turn things around. To be fair, Neilson did and over a lot of the games since then (although not all) we've played the way most of us thought we should have been playing all last season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And 1 wanted him to stay. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Lol .

Before Brora it a was a clear majority , after Brora it was an enormous majority.  Some, like me, will give him another chance.

Do I “believe” in Robbie - no I don’t. - I just don’t believe he’s a very good manager, I think hes a basic coach at a level far above his abilities both tactically, from a motivational perspective and his -after match excuses are salt in the wound .

The majority will “tolerate” him for now - we don’t have a choice. But if you believe a majority of the hearts support are enthusiastic about his abilities as a manager?  Or believe in him? 

well - why don’t you start a poll and find out

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

There's a difference between leaving to take up another job and push your career on, like almost every manager does, and walk after a bad defeat when you've been in the job a few months.

No shit.

Neilson didn't do that though. Levein did to an extent, but again why decry is when doing so if he cared so much?

Anyway, as I said, I think Hartley would walk away/take the blame. Hence why I questioned the other posters assertion. All the other stuff is you simply looking to defend Neilson when I didn't even criticise him but merely pointed out why it's unlikely Hartley would find himself with the fans against him.

I also haven't suggested anyone should walk away as manager.

28 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Speaking for myself that’s complete rubbish.    I don’t care who was in charge last season,   my confidence in the manager was completely knocked because of the abject performances in particular, along with a couple of unacceptable cup results.    We had the best squad and resources in the league and I’ve never seen us play such slow, ponderous and uninspiring football in my life.    I want RN to succeed as he’s in the job, and I desperately hope last season was an aberration,  but there was plenty of evidence for me to have some serious concerns.   Don’t give a monkeys if it was Hartley or Robbie tbh,  makes no odds to me.  I just want the team to flourish and play positive, enjoyable football. 

In a nutshell.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Lol .

before Brora it a was a clear majority , after Brora it was an enormous majority.  Some, like me, will give him another chance.

Do I “believe” in Robbie - no I don’t. - I just don’t believe he’s a very good manager, I think hes a basic coach at a level far above his abilities both tactically and from a motivational perspective.

The majority will “tolerate” him for now - we have not choice. But if you believe a majority of the hearts support are enthusiastic about his abilities as a manager?  Or believe in him? 

well - why don’t you start a poll and find out

Polls are a snapshot in time and as you say time moves on. Some should also move on. Brora was a long time ago now. Are Leeds fans still banging on about their mult-squillion team mid table in the "best league in the world" getting cuffed by League 2 Crawley Town and League 1 Hull in the cups last season or are they putting it behind them?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No shit.

Neilson didn't do that though. Levein did to an extent, but again why decry is when doing so if he cared so much?

Anyway, as I said, I think Hartley would walk away/take the blame. Hence why I questioned the other posters assertion. All the other stuff is you simply looking to defend Neilson when I didn't even criticise him but merely pointed out why it's unlikely Hartley would find himself with the fans against him.

I also haven't suggested anyone should walk away as manager.

You said Hartley would have walked and I got the sense you thought that was the appropriate response to a bad defeat. If Neilson didn't move to test himself in England why did he move? Are you in the "he was hounded out by the fans" camp?

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What’s the point with a recent poll because when 95% wanted Neilson sacked Budge just ignored them. Neilson is here now but with fans coming back he’d better not mess up or he will have to be sacked.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Polls are a snapshot in time and as you say time moves on. Some should also move on. Brora was a long time ago now. Are Leeds fans still banging on about their mult-squillion team mid table in the "best league in the world" getting cuffed by League 2 Crawley Town and League 1 Hull in the cups last season or are they putting it behind them?

it’s about belief. 

17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's a new season why not get behind the team and the manager until you actually have something to complain about. 

Last season is over promotion was achieved with plenty to spare so move on. 

What is the point of all this negativety before a ball has been kicked in our league campaigns. 

The LC has went well so perhaps the form will continue into the league season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s about belief. 

If we're going to judge Neilson on past performance, why are we only allowed to judge him on last season and not the other 2.5  as Hearts manager when he did a perfectly good job (more than good at times)? 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***