• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Currently 7/2 to be relegated..... Worth a punt with that imposter in goals, 

Edited by Batistuta87

6 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

The folk going on about the lack of youth last season are simply looking for something to moan about.  I like seeing young players get a chance as much as anyone but chucking them in the team without due care is not a good idea.  I'm sure the lack of reserve and youth games was another reason given by RN.

Nothing against your post but folk hardly need to look very hard to find something to moan about. The state we’ve got ourselves into in the last 5 years. 

8 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Is he still getting paid by Man Utd? I swear his agent is like Wolf of Wall Street, how can a player so poor still get taken on by clubs? Weren't Man Utd paying him 10k a week?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good article this morning in the EEN. Neilson fair play has gone to school on the new system and is learning. 

Sneaking in "a couple of bits of quality" in the piece. Could make a huge difference to a very promising system. 

Portuguese goalkeeper Joel Pereira has sent an emotional goodbye message after leaving Manchester United on Thursday.

The 25-year-old's contract expired earlier this week, ending a nine-year stay with the club in which he made just three first-team appearances.

The young keeper took to social media to post a video showcasing his time at Old Trafford and captioned it with a heartfelt goodbye message to the club.

"2012-2021, 9 years as a Red", his Instagram post read.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Is he still getting paid by Man Utd? I swear his agent is like Wolf of Wall Street, how can a player so poor still get taken on by clubs? Weren't Man Utd paying him 10k a week?

Jean Louis Valois
10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Portuguese goalkeeper Joel Pereira has sent an emotional goodbye message after leaving Manchester United on Thursday.

The 25-year-old's contract expired earlier this week, ending a nine-year stay with the club in which he made just three first-team appearances.

The young keeper took to social media to post a video showcasing his time at Old Trafford and captioned it with a heartfelt goodbye message to the club.

"A video showcasing his time at Old Trafford", must have been a very difficult video to make. 

Apparently we have signed a winger from Orlando City. Can’t say I have heard of him. Chris Mueller.

Joe Savage have a scope of the MLS?

Don’t even think we need another winger.

1 minute ago, jambo191 said:

Apparently we have signed a winger from Orlando City. Can’t say I have heard of him. Chris Mueller.

Orlando City SC and Chris Mueller have been involved in contract negotiations for some time, with the forward’s contract set to expire following the 2021 Major League Soccer season. Earlier, Mueller informed the Club that he has signed a pre-contract to join a European team upon the end of his time with Orlando City. The pre-contract was signed in line with all FIFA regulations. 

As noted, Mueller’s contract with Orlando City is valid through the end of the 2021 MLS season and will continue as a member of the Lions’ roster for the remainder of his time in Orlando.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jambo191 said:

can’t have enough wingers. Fundamental to how we want to play

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He should be sent to jail for the crime of 9 years of robbery, he must be pretty flush right now tbf, I think him and Oshaniwa must have had the same agent, I genuinely don't think that JP would get a game for some junior sides in Scotland. 

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, jambo191 said:

Market value on transfermarkt is 3.15m :laugh:

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Nothing against your post but folk hardly need to look very hard to find something to moan about. The state we’ve got ourselves into in the last 5 years. 

Fair comment lol.  There are indeed plenty of legitimate reasons to moan.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Apparently Aberdeen might also be in for him, some boy has posted welcome to Aberdeen on his YouTube clips. Would make sense since their manager knows the league over there.

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

First thought is Aberdeen given the time their manager spent over there

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Seems quite common these days. 

Poor, mediocre, chicken-hearted footballers stretching out a lengthy, well paid career in the game.

Your'e right. It must be the agents who are stretching such low levels of ability into an earner for their clients. A cunning combination of smoke, mirrors, an impressive nanosecond on YouTube and gullible punters like Craig Levein.

Wish it had been possible when I was young. The sky would have been the limit with my lack of footballing talent.

Edited by martoon

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, jambo191 said:

If we have signed him then honestly, the lad is a player. I know I slate MLS for being shite but Orlando appear to be a decent side (they've got Nani, ex-Man Utd and Pato, ex-AC Milan). Mueller plays opposite side to Nani and is absolutely rapid and a good finisher, similar to GMS. 

MLS contracts run to 31 Dec though, so if we have signed him then it won't be until January. 

Have looked up a couple of stories and they are reporting that he's heading to Scotland.

Honestly if we've pulled this one off I will be absolutely delighted. Again, January though...  

🤞🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

can’t have enough wingers. Fundamental to how we want to play

Beat me to it. Form, get hacked, do more sprints, muscle fatigue. Playing with 2, need 3 or 4

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Got a decent profile. Of course Neilson got Kitchen in similar circumstances. 2 goals in 2 internationals, not sure if part of Gold Cup tournament but would explain a delay

Edit not in squad 

Edited by Sir Gio

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

First thought is Aberdeen given the time their manager spent over there

Or could be Hibs, imagine they are scouting America more as they have a partnership with a US club.

BackOfTheNet

Could be a number of clubs:

Actually good player? Likely Rangers or Celtic.

Partnerships? Aberdeen have biggest one with Atlanta Utd, but us and Hibs have connections in the US.

My first thought was Aberdeen, they have already signed a striker from the MLS that has nothing to do with Atlanta. But GMS came from the MLS, so would be dependent on if we had (or have since had) connections over there, or if GMS was simply a player known to us that wanted to be close to family.

I guess we will find out in January, unless they announce it before then.

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If we have signed him then honestly, the lad is a player. I know I slate MLS for being shite but Orlando appear to be a decent side (they've got Nani, ex-Man Utd and Pato, ex-AC Milan). Mueller plays opposite side to Nani and is absolutely rapid and a good finisher, similar to GMS. 

MLS contracts run to 31 Dec though, so if we have signed him then it won't be until January. 

Have looked up a couple of stories and they are reporting that he's heading to Scotland.

Honestly if we've pulled this one off I will be absolutely delighted. Again, January though...  

🤞🏻

Let's stick him through the middle like Wenger did with Thierry Henry :scenes:

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Could be a number of clubs:

Actually good player? Likely Rangers or Celtic.

Partnerships? Aberdeen have biggest one with Atlanta Utd, but us and Hibs have connections in the US.

My first thought was Aberdeen, they have already signed a striker from the MLS that has nothing to do with Atlanta. But GMS came from the MLS, so would be dependent on if we had (or have since had) connections over there, or if GMS was simply a player known to us that wanted to be close to family.

I guess we will find out in January, unless they announce it before then.

Hibs fans seem to think he’s going to them. Aberdeen the same so guess will find out soon!

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The whelm meter is firing up..... 

B7Zm9J0CcAEWb5u.png

Accurate starting position. Hopefully we’ll see changes throughout the day.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Excellent signing for whoever, especially if it’s a club out with the old firm. Believe they were rejected bids of around $2million last season 

Batistuta87
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Excellent signing for whoever, especially if it’s a club out with the old firm. Believe they were rejected bids of around $2million last season 

Definitely. His market value according to Transfermarkt is over £3M. 

Would honestly love to get him and would be quite worried if he ended up at Hibs - he is very good.

Assuming you haven't heard anything about it being us?  

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Seems quite common these days. 

Poor, mediocre, chicken-hearted footballers stretching out a lengthy, well paid career in the game.

Your'e right. It must be the agents who are stretching such low levels of ability into an earner for their clients. A cunning combination of smoke, mirrors, an impressive nanosecond on YouTube and gullible punters like Craig Levein.

Wish it had been possible when I was young. The sky would have been the limit with my lack of footballing talent.

Wonder if an element of it is that the agent has various good players as clients, and one of the costs of keeping him sweet is giving his shite players decent deals? Maybe a bit too sneaky tbh, but wouldn't surprise me. 

34 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

He’d be a great signing so there’s no danger it’s us. 

I think he’s probably going to be looking above our level right enough. Astonishing piece of business if it’s us (which I seriously doubt) He has serious resale value if he can adapt over here.

Zak Rudden coincidentally I’m sure has the same agent but that agency has some serious big names on their books at the top end. Bale, Grealish, Mount etc

We could afford his current wages.   Unless he's taken a mammoth pay rise that he wasn't getting offered from Orlando.   Which would discount hearts.   Although I don't know if our salary cap went back to its original format. 

Edited by HMFC01

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Definitely. His market value according to Transfermarkt is over £3M. 

Would honestly love to get him and would be quite worried if he ended up at Hibs - he is very good.

Assuming you haven't heard anything about it being us?  

Again like everyone names aren’t being passed on but I guess he would fit the big signing and would certainly be worth this wait we have had. Anyone who gets him if he continues as he is are looking at a very nice profit in a year or 2 

Nookie Bear

Wish we wouldn't have these carrots dangled in front of us.

Can only lead to disappointment and frustration.

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

We could afford his current wages.   Unless he's taken a mammoth pay rise that he wasn't getting offered from Orlando.   Which would discount hearts.   Although I don't know if our salary cap went back to its original format. 

We could offer him a decent shop window, better shop window than he has now. Decent release clause for him and it might be do-able I suppose.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Again like everyone names aren’t being passed on but I guess he would fit the big signing and would certainly be worth this wait we have had. Anyone who gets him if he continues as he is are looking at a very nice profit in a year or 2 

...and perhaps win a few games in the meantime?

That being the point of it all 👍

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

...and perhaps win a few games in the meantime?

That being the point of it all 👍

That would come with the profit 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Wish we wouldn't have these carrots dangled in front of us.

Can only lead to disappointment and frustration.

Indeed. 😄

Hibs fans pretty confident Mueller is going to them.  Looks a good signing if true, but it could easily be them putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Yeah cool, thought so, thanks. Looks like the perfect signing for us and I actually reckon he would push his way into the team ahead of GMS/Gino and like you say, could crack on and bring in a decent transfer fee in a year or two. 

As I said earlier though, his contract doesn't run out until 31 Dec and all these articles saying he's leaving seem to expect that he'll see that out before joining his new club. So if we have signed him, we probably won't get him until January.

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Hibs fans pretty confident Mueller is going to them.  Looks a good signing if true, but it could easily be them putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

I guess when reading that twitter quote it says a European team, possibly meaning a team competing in Europe.    Then it says Scotland at the end, meaning a Scottish team.    So a Scottish club competing in Europe. 

So that would count us out.   

This is The Scotsman's take on it. Hearts not even mentioned as a possible destination.

Screenshot_20210722-102740.png

Edited by DC_92

BackOfTheNet

The obligatory:

Does look quite decent.

Unless he ends up at any other Scottish club than us of course, then he’s pish…

Ah well he looks and sounds ideal and it’ll be something else to whinge about if he goes elsewhere.

Of course, if he goes to Hibs he’ll be shite 😀

Edited by Jamhammer

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

This is The Scotsman's take on it. Hearts not even mentioned as a possible destination.

Screenshot_20210722-102740.png

DR suggesting he fits the profile of an old firm signing target, didn't take them long!!!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***