***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Good point, looking at the game he last scored (no.19 in the video) he seems to be a left winger cutting inside. When having Ginnelly already (and GMS, Walker and Roberts that can all play there) you wonder if it is true what the plans are.

I still see us playing with a 3 behind a striker, so have a 3 of McKay, GMS, Ginnelly behind. Those three can also play in all the those 3 positions.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No idea if it’s true but it’s a name so requires the obligatory…

Very similar footballer to Jamie Walker

Saint Jambo
23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I still see us playing with a 3 behind a striker, so have a 3 of McKay, GMS, Ginnelly behind. Those three can also play in all the those 3 positions.

Interesting. We would also have Walker, Roberts and Henderson, although I'd assume we would be happy to let Roberts go again in that scenario. It is also a formation that I think is challenging for McEneff if he is considered a deeper lying midfielder with four attacking players in front of him, rather than being one of those 3 supporting the striker.

But as I say, it is definitely a style of player Neilson seems to like.

1 hour ago, droid said:

Very similar footballer to Jamie Walker

Strikers that are fast and can score that’s what we need instead of just a winger. Movement up front never giving defenders a minute by interchanging with each other dropping deep then latching onto a through ball. Let’s hope this seasons Hearts team can ruffle a few feathers and score plenty of goals.

Rick Sanchez

Would be very happy with Barrie McKay. 

Ginnelly   GMS   McKay

Boyce 

Oofftt.

Not really fussed about mckay tbh, think we could do better than that, I'm hoping it's just hearsay, we need a left sided CH and a Ball winning aggressive midfielder as a priority.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Ginnelly   GMS   McKay

Boyce 

Oofftt.

what attributes does oofftt have?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Ginnelly   GMS   McKay

Boyce 

Oofftt.

Thought we had signed a foreigner called Oofftt for a sec then....

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what attributes does oofftt have?

Ooft,I believe is about 9 on the internationally recognised whelm scale.

Batistuta87
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

None of us know really want players earn. Where's your proof that's what Berra was on?

I don't have proof and I'm not looking it up but the financial figures confirmed average player wages of something like £2.2k p/W with some on much less and the top earners easily on about double that. Its quite widely known that CB was one of our highest earners, and quite rightly so as our captain and as the player he was when he signed that contract. SN and CG making up the top three. 

I think I'd be happy with Barrie McKay. Maybe a Halliday/McCulloch recommendation? 

Edited by Ari Gold

bigis semiauskas
42 minutes ago, Sertse said:

There's been so many whelmless days I've forgotten how it feels now

Stick on Whelma and Louise 

you’ll be fine 

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I think I'd be happy with Barrie McKay. Maybe a Halliday/McCulloch recommendation? 

Definitely. Unbelievable that he's still only 26. Seems to have been around forever.

Under the floodlight
37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Get on with it Hearts. This thread is ****ing shite and it's all your fault. 

Tail wagging the dog thread.

5 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Tail wagging the dog thread.

Nobody has a scooby what's going on. First one I can remember where we haven't had anybody with half decent rumours. It's good for the club that there's no leaks but the thread needs a signing.

davemclaren
Just now, GinRummy said:

Nobody has a scooby what's going on. First one I can remember where we haven't had anybody with half decent rumours. It's good for the club that there's no leaks but the thread needs a signing.

Surely this week?  😄

McKay could be decent signing. Good age as well

Boyce, Nando, Gino, GMS, McKay, Hendo, Walker

Let Roberts go. Loan out Pollock. Very decent options in final third

CB is still biggest worry for me. Need top quality partner for Souttar plus a RB and CM 

I would be happy with McKay providing he hasn't regressed. Reminded me of Templeton for some reason from what I can remember of him, decent with the ball at his feet and good shot.

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I would be happy with McKay providing he hasn't regressed. Reminded me of Templeton for some reason from what I can remember of him, decent with the ball at his feet and good shot.

Same. Level above the likes of Kiltie and some of the other wingers mentioned on this thread I would say - similar to GMS. Would be very happy at landing him. 

Under the floodlight
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree, I like the loose lips sink shops policy, hoping Joe's as good as we think.

Want quality over quantity, a wee bit concerned about how we will use them when we get them. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

There's been so many whelmless days I've forgotten how it feels now

does somebody need a whelmbulance?

1 minute ago, Under the floodlight said:

Agree, I like the loose lips sink shops policy, hoping Joe's as good as we think.

Want quality over quantity, a wee bit concerned about how we will use them when we get them. Fingers crossed.

Without opening up another discussion, tactics and getting the best out of players is a concern. At least fitness levels are up according to RN.

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Technically his career path would say he’s regressed. People saw his move from Forest to Swansea as a promising one, but he actually was sold for less than Forest paid Rangers for him reportedly. Had one regular season at Swansea then out of favour, spent last two seasons on loan at Joey Barton’s Fleetwood so not great.

Think it’s a name that may provide mixed whelms for some.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not an international for a start. 

Yeah, we have very fond memories of Jimmy, he was a good player for us, but we seem to be putting him on a pedestal. Would love to see him back, though its certainly true, Championship teams could outbid us, whether they wanted to is another question. I think Neilson will go abroad though, did it first time round think he will do it again, knows he can better value for that role

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Same.

I can confirm an arrival today though. 

1 hour on and nobody has asked? Is it a new plant for reception? Thought I'd change the patter from a new chef

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Andyp1874 said:

Where is McKay rumour from?

Previous page. Random poster blurted out the name and another poster said they heard it 2 weeks ago too. Just as likely to be a wind up as it is a genuine rumour but this thread has been starved of any names to discuss so it gives us at least a distraction to the fact we’ve not signed anyone new yet. That, and continued discussion around level of whelms.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

1 hour on and nobody has asked? Is it a new plant for reception? Thought I'd change the patter from a new chef

All depends on goal of the day. Oh, and club store shut today so it must mean we’re parading the bus load of new signings as we need to make sure we have enough scarves for above the heads and strips to wear for whelms.

Under the floodlight
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Without opening up another discussion, tactics and getting the best out of players is a concern. At least fitness levels are up according to RN.

Always like a positive.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

All depends on goal of the day. Oh, and club store shut today so it must mean we’re parading the bus load of new signings as we need to make sure we have enough scarves for above the heads and strips to wear for whelms.

Interesting, Ross Co saying that their signings will be this week

LarrysRightFoot

No idea if there’s anything in the Barrie McKay rumours but my memories of him are - very talented but no heart. We’ve had too many of them over the years. If we sign him hopefully he proves me wrong. 

I remember him being very similar to Sam Nicholson in terms of playing style. 

From what I remember of him he was direct and had pace. One of those players who could potentially make something happen out of nothing with his pace and ability to go by a man. We need more of this type of player so would be decent signing in my eyes. Maybe be a bit hot and cold but if we are being realistic this is the type of player we will be signing. If he produced week in, week out for Swansea or Forrest he would stay in the champ or get a bigger move. 

22 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% not

Amiga was made up as well, I remember it well! 

You remember 100% incorrectly then, real players in this video of games from the Amiga version. I'm sure beyond reasonable doubt, that all versions on the Amiga used Real player names. I've still got them all in the loft somewhere.

5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i dont think he has ever playerd for the senior ireland side, had two call ups but no game time. and which club was he at when he got that first call up?

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I know he was with us. Kind of contradicts the people who say we can't develop players and question why decent players would come to us to further their careers. I'd love to sign him I just think it would be a very large coup to get a young player in the international setup from an EPL first team squad.

For me, some players are happy to take a step sideways (not backwards) temporarily to get game time. 

Dunne could've easily been offered a three year contract with a view to selling him on for a profit a couple of years or so down the line. 

As for Dunne himself...he knows the club, loved his time here and even said he hoped he'd play for Hearts again sometime. Berra's gone, we are desperate for a replacement on the left of defence, he's 23 (the age category Neilson said he was looking for), he's decent in the air defensively and offensively, doesn't get pushed around physically by the likes of the Aberdeen hammer throwers and to top that off...he has the choice of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Having the likes of Smith, Boyce and McEneff at the club could (or should) be a sweetner as well. Getting Dunne now could be the only time in his career we would be able to afford him. Next time will be when he's 33 and looking to finish his career somewhere. Hearts would be mad to not even talk to him about signing. If they have then fair play, even if he turned us down at least he was asked. 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Terrible goal from our perspective.  Hibs would never have beaten Celtic in final.  For a start they would have been without Stokes and Henderson

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***